Fisher & Paykel WH8060J3

Fisher & Paykel WH8060J3 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:16218, 808306, WH8060J and WH8060J3
Frances B.
Frances B.

Can you put clothes in the machine to just spin without doing a wash cycle ie after handwashing?

Pennie J

There is a rinse and spin cycle (25mins) and a spin cycle (12mins).

T.M. from Victoria
T.M. from Victoria

The machine has a Spin cycle. I’ve never used it but I’m pretty sure you can use the spin only cycle after handwashing.

Heather Cannon

Can you please advise why there is no hot water outlet on model WH8060J3? Thanks

Pennie J

It heats the water to the correct temperature if you want to use anything other than cold water. It has 30° 40° 60° and 90° options. Or just cold.
My old Bosch only used 1 hose also.

Heather Cannon

Thank you Penny J, sounds like I have to go through the user guide properly.

Carol T.

Hi, just wondering how many rinses does this model give? Thank you, Carol.

Graham

Can’t answer that right off. I just do the one cycle which is 1hr 5m. I think it just does two final rinses on that cycle and the clothes always come out soap free.

Thanks Graham

Raelene Kennedy

My machine willl not even turn on i have tried other power point and zip

Graham

You gave two buttons. Left hand side is the power button and middle right is start. Power button fist then the start button. If that doesn’t work it’s broken.

Middle right?

gailo0939
gailo0939

Good morning. I have a err 105. Can you please help

105. (01101001) Comms Error Time Out
These faults are reported when the Display Module detects an error in the communications
between the Display Module and the Motor Control Module.
Primary Source: Display Module.
Action: Replace Display Module.
Secondary Source: Motor Control Module.
Action: Replace Motor Control Module.
Tertiary Source: Rotor Position Sensor
Action: Replace Rotor position Sensor. If this corrects the fault refit the
original Display Module and/or Motor Control Module.
This taken from the service manual. States fault usually with display board, secondly the main control board & third the RPS. Would be too expensive to buy boards just to try to pinpoint the fault. Easier to get a service tech out who should have a spare set of boards so he can try them. Then you only have to pay for one part & not 3.

Mark W.
Mark W.

our washing machine arrived today but there is only one inlet hose the instructions say hot and cold hoses, do we connect to cold only?

Eric O.
Eric O.

Yes, this machine heats the water to the temperature selected.

Katee
Katee

Having run a Whirlpool6WMV35NV front loader for 15 years in this laundry with a suspended wooden floor without problems. The new Fisher&Paykel WH8060J3 vibrates extremely badly on spin. It seems to be able to spin heavier unbalanced loads causeing excessive vibration and consequently frightening noise. The vibration seems to me in the long term, destructive to the health of the house apart from being alarming and noisy. I don't think machine is faulty. After 3 weeks of playing around I am putting back into service my old Whirlpool which fortunately does still function although with increased noise from wareout which is why I am replacing it.

I am now considering my options, as I see it the machine is not fit for purpose as when buying no warning was given that it could cause severe vibration problems on certain floors and suspended wooden floors are common in my area in which the shop is located. A concrete type floor would,I think, be the only floor suitable with any certainy of vibration free operation. It is very hard to test beforehand. Extremely disappointing.

Jdub
Jdub

I had the previous model 7 or 7.5kg model and was super happy with it and recommended it to friends and family after doing much research myself. I had that one for around 7 years, heavy use in the last 2 years and always taken care of! regular Drum clean regular filter cleaning as per the instructions and being young and on a disability pension I like to take care of my things so they last. I recently had to replace that machine due to a filter fault, despite being super happy with that machine I was grateful that Fisher and Paykel under the extra warranty I got came to the party and provided me with a new WH8060J3 8kg machine, it's only a couple of months old and doesn't get used heaps since I now live with just my partner. However we have noticed that the machine has started to make clothes with any type of print or writing has started to crack even on really good quality clothing.. and our towels are coming out rough not soft.. The previous machine didn't do this... we are using the same good quality washing liquid and softener as always and have tried different spin cycles and temperatures since noticing this issue. We can't work out why it is happening but we are pretty disappointed after being so happy as to recommend it to family and friends. The only difference from the las machine is the previous one had 2 inlet hoses rather than one but I assume the machine gives the temperature it's supposed to. We would love to know if this model has had complaints because after years of being amazed with Fisher and Paykel we are a bit let down now.
kind regards,
Josh W

Judy Gale

Please how can I get the 30 minute wash?

Judy Gale

Will anyone ever answer my 30 minute questions? Or is there NO 30 minute wash?

Alo44
Alo44

Hi Judy
When you turn the machine on, the large dial in the centre of the control panel is automatically on "Cottons". Turning it once to the left will give you "Everyday". Turn it once more to the left and you will get the "Quick" cycle. (The symbol for this has a small "30" at the bottom of the T shirt symbol.) Then you'll see that the black screen to the right automatically shows "30" in red, and the machine will automatically give you a 30 minute cycle.

Judy Gale R.

How do you get the 30 minute everyday wash?

Judy Gale R.

What cycle, temp and spin do I need for the30 minute wash?

HOW TO GET THE 30 MINUTE WASH WITH WH8060J3

albanese

Turn the main knob 2 clicks to the left and adjust the spin to high. It will still take about 40 minutes to finish load seems to be a standard time problem with this model machine. You should have not bought it they are crap

Carmel

Hello, I have recently purchased a F & P front loader WH8060j3. When I set the everyday wash , cold water it advises 59 minutes however it always go over from 15 mins or more - the 30min wash, also cold water can go over by approx 5-7mins. is this normal? Carmel

Peter

As far as I know this is fine as those minutes is the time the machine is taking to fill water, which depending on your water supply may vary depending on the pressure of the water pipe.
However I always use the everyday wash of 104 minutes (default) setting.
This said I have never taken the exact time the machine takes from end-end.

Carmel

In that case how do you know if the machine is not taking longer, never had a problem with water pessure of two previous front loaders

Ian M.

why is it that there are no posted answers to your online questions? IS this a sign of poor service response?

Peter

Not really. I am quite happy with the Fisher & Paykel products I purchase so far. Fridge, washer and dryer. Soon going to get a Freezer. Perhaps yo can contact them directly on their website. I did a purchase of water filters at the beginning of the week and the live chat was working and ready to assist.

Ian M.

Is this machine stackable?

Peter

You can put a drier on top of the washer. Yes. I would recommend buying the rubber shock absorbers, which can be found at Bunnings. Although the washer is really quiet and has minimal movement it helps.

Carla A.
Carla A.

machine keeps come up with clean filter error just before the end the wash ... keep checking the filter and there is nothing in it!!! Becoming super annoying as it take nearly a whole day to try and get 1 load done. Machine is barely 2 years old and very lightly used. It seems to be a common issue in a few of the fisher & paykel machines when searching for a solution online .... none found so far!!!!!

Nicole
Nicole

Hi, I'm interested in buying a Fischer and Paykel Front Loading washing machine WH8060J3. How can i have it delivered and installed?

Peter

Some appliances stores offer that service. Ask them.

albanese

I myself after replacing my lg front load with this model would have not bought it if I know what it is like now. The spin does not spin out all the water takes extra time to wash clothes says 3 minutes remaining yet sometimes 10 minutes later it is still trying to finish the wash so 30 min wash now 40 mins and still not finished. The missus says the machine is trying to balance before spinning at full speed. What a heap of crap. When this thing dies which I hope it’s soon I am going back to lg. had 2 lg over a 15 year span great machines. Only reason we got this crap is due to floods and needing machine all the shops had sold out the lg,s. My big loss

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives