Harley-Davidson Low Rider

Joseph Nasked

Is the dyna low rider a bigger bike the a 1200 sporster?is the frame bigger

Jim B
Jim B

Yes it is bigger. It has a longer wheel base , and is approximately 150 pounds heavier (depending on the model years compared).

Joseph N

Thank you Jim and i hope you have a great day!

Upborn

Upbornasked

Looking for an expert opinion on the H-D Low rider as a fist time bike. I am 5'7" about 175lbs. I have watched a ton of videos on what is a good 1st bike. I get some that say start small and grow vs. get one that you are going to be happy with and just ride and respect it you will be good to go. Any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated!!

ShortandHairy

Hi mate, its a matter of choice. I wont go into the requirements of licensing etc but a Dyna Low Rider as a first bike? I don't know if you have ridden a bike before or how much experience you have (or haven't got) All I can say is that if it is your first time on a bike, I would get a cheap crappy bike to get some experience first. You cant afford to drop a Harley.. If you have been riding for a while, go for it. Ive had a Dyna for nearly 20 years. I'm a little bit lighter but similar height. The Low Riders are good for short legs but ive fitted highway pegs so I can stretch out on long rides. A lot depends on what you are looking for. In stock trim, Harleys are brilliant at just putting along enjoying the scenery. If you want suicidal neck snapping take off and double speed limit speeds, look at a Jap bike. I had a GSXR1100R Suzuki before I got the dyna and traded it within 6 months as I couldn't control myself. It was a full on race bike with indicators. (In stock trim). The Harley slowed me down and now I love the cruise and the scenery. As everyone knows, Harleys are different and nothing comes close to the sound or feel of one.

Tom

Tomasked

Can she drive around a city well?

ShortandHairy

No problems at all. As the name suggests, its low to the ground and good handling. Still heavier than a Japanese bike but you get used to it and low speed riding is fine. If the bike has been modified with a wide glide front end, the turning circle gets a bit restricted but again, its something you allow for once you are used to it.

Bert61
Bert61

Yes no problem I use it every day had a sporty before this one is not much different exepto a few kilos more enjoy.

William

Williamasked

Did H-D produce an FXDL in 2010?

ShortandHairy

Not as far as I am aware. They produced an FXDB which is similar to an FXDL. The FXDB is an FX Street Bob with lowered seat, chopped rear guard and old style taillight. It has extended front FX forks as well.

Manny Quintanar

Manny Quintanarasked

How many quarters need dyna low rider 1450?

ShortandHairy

How many quarters?? Do you mean how much oil? Fill it until it registers on the dipstick. If you change the oil filter at the same time, you need about 1/4 to 1/2 litre extra. Cheers