Jayco Silverline

142 questions from our users

Kita
Kitaasked
21 ft Silverline 21.65-3

I cant get water from my hot water

John T.asked
Silverline

Do they come with a outside shower

Lynne

But must say we never use

Greshasked
21 ft Silverline 21.65-3

We have a new 2021 21.65-3 which we haven’t used yet due to COVID lockdowns. If we won’t be free camping and only using caravan parks, do we need to have water in our tanks. We didn’t with our previous vans.
Thanks - David

Bryce
Bryce

No you don’t need water in your tanks if always using mains water in park. Many other forums discuss whether tanks are maintained healthier with water in tanks. You also need to consider if you want to stop roadside for morning tea or breakdown and need to access water via your pump. We travel around Australia with some water in one tank although 98% of time we use parks. Issue then is whether the tank should be full or not. We don’t worry about that too much.

Gresh

Thanks Bruce, appreciate your help.

Ray
Rayasked
Silverline

On the 2019 Jayco silver line what type of hot water system is installed! Gas Instantaneous? Or tank type.
I wanting to know so that I can determine whether or not it works both gas and 24volts
Ray

Hi Ray
We had a 2018 Silverline and it had dual gas/ electric HW system on our 2020 silver it is just gas
Jeff

StephenH
StephenHasked
Silverline

The glass section of my door (2019 Silverline) is stuck closed ... The top latch releases but the lower one won't release the glass .... I am afraid I will break the glass if I lever it open with too much pressure
PS ... The glass used to open, so something has changed

Disappointed

Sorry Stephen, I don't have an answer. Maybe call into a caravan centre to ask them for advice or they maybe able to release it for you or someone else may be able to answer question for you. Good luck

John H.asked
21 ft Silverline 21.65-3

We have had poor water pressure when on mains supply for a while now.plenty of pressure at the caravan park tap.poor pressure out of both caravan taps
external tap and shower.has anyone experienced this problem and what was done to fix it.thanks John

Disappointed

Sorry, we haven’t encountered that problem yet, hopefully won’t either. Maybe need to clean filter

nicholas.hook1
nicholas.hook1

Our 2016 silverline tap pressure when connected to a good mains was very poor. The original PLV - pressure limiting valve is fixed at 350kpa and over time becomes blocked, so pressure goes from adequate to hopeless. I bought a new 500 kpa PLV from Bunnings $68, replacing the old 350kpa unit, it is easy to change, located under van near filler inlet. Fantastic pressure especially for showers

John H.

Thks have replaced our plv

jbp
jbpasked
Silverline

How much solar can i put on the top of my van? Is the system limited by the charger or electronics?

Disappointed

Hi, you can have as many as you can hold and it shouldn’t affect the charger or electronics. Check with an Auto Electrician

jbp
jbpasked
21 ft Silverline 21.65-4

Are there any reinforcing issues with fitting a Dometic DRS in front of my front vent? Any websites showing how to cut and fit?

Jonesy
Jonesyasked
25 ft Silverline 25.78-6 Outback

Where is the fuse for the fridge located. Fridge completely turned off

Margaret H.
Margaret H.asked
Silverline

Our batteries are new & don’t seem to be charging on mains or with our solar panel

Peter Wasked
Silverline

I have a 2015 Silverline and the 'I' in the Silverline name above the front window is pulling away from the foam sticking it to the fiberglass. What glue should I use to re glue the 'I' to the foam still attached to the caravan?

Laurie Mills

A very mild glue should do the trick.

Peter W

Thank you. I have just glued it back using Selleys Power Grip. Will now wait and see.

Lesley H.
Lesley H.asked
Silverline

We have a 2018 SLOB 2nd owners we have enjoyed both free camping and caravan parks - however recently our battery seems to be discharging quickly (it is the original battery) - for example we had a full battery at 5pm we had Tv on for 20mins and ran one sirroco fan overnight by 4.30am the battery went into sleep mode and we had to plug into power.

Laurie Mills

I would replace the battery, 3 years is a long time for a battery these days.

Disappointed

As Laurie said and probably can’t run a fan all night. I ran a fan and it drained my battery too

Peter Wasked
Silverline

I have a 2015 Silverline. The letters 'I' have began to pull off the front of the van. The foam appears to be pulling apart leaving some foam stuck to the van. What glue should I use to stick the foam back. The other option is to pull it completely apart, and if so, how do I repair this?

Disappointed

Sorry Peter, I have know idea. Try asking a Jayco dealer, they should be able to assist with this issue

Cheers

Gordon T.
Gordon T.asked
Silverline

Can we run the pump to supplement the mains pressure

Disappointed

Hi Gordon, you could leave it on, we do and haven’t had any issues

Karen D.
Karen D.asked

Where is the fuse box in the Silverline 2020

Laurie Mills

On my van it is under the bed, there is also a fuse beside the bed for the air cond.

Jackie
Jackieasked
21 ft Silverline 21.65-3 Outback

Our Silverline is a 2020. The awning LEDs suddenly stopped working, although the wireless switch seems ok.
We’ve been advised to reprogram the wireless switch to the Sphere 18 channel receiver. There are lots of tiny dip switches in the receiver and I don’t know how to identify the one for the awning lights. I’m reluctant to just reprogram the lot. Any ideas?

Disappointed

Sorry, have no idea. Hope someone else can help you

Laurie Mills

That's a job for an electrician I'm afraid.

Derek W.
Derek W.asked
Silverline

how to remove the toilet to get the washing machine out.

Alanasked
Silverline

I have a Jayco Silverline2020 and i love it.Im an older guy and i live in mine full time.It works really well for me but theres always been one issue i cant seem to resolve.My heating is a Truma LPG,the instruction book is very complicated.Some days it works like i want it to other days it seems to have a mind of its own.Even the guys at Jayco struggled with the instructions.Anyone in North Canterbury able to help me,i would really appreciate it.
Regards

Disappointed

How do you turn it on. We struggled with ours, as you said the manual is not easy to follow. When we took ours back to the dealers with one of the issues we had, one of the techs said the easiest way to use it was push, push, push, push, turn ( it is three or four pushes). Try that. Hope it helps

Alan

Hi there ,I have tried that just gets me more frustrated.

Laurie Mills

Sorry, not familiar with the Truma heating.

steve b
steve basked
Silverline

have just purchaced a new jayco silverline 2021. the battery (lithium) will not charge up with the solar it is OK on 240 mains. What do you think is wrong.

Not sure Steve
We didn’t have a lithium battery. Maybe loose connection. Solar only trickles through to the battery, so I believe. Maybe check with Jayco. Sorry can’t be much help

Liz gericke
Liz gericke

Hi Steve, we have a 2021 silverline as well, same problem we have had ours to Jayco for a month, they didn't even know. they now think it could be a software problem, when we free camp we have to take a generator.

Colleen P.asked
Silverline

Bought a 2019 Silverline 19.6 2nd hand & having great difficulty setting up the Alexa etc. In one manual it says use WiFi, next says use Bluetooth then next I read everything must go through the Winegard. Am so confused.
So far I have been able to set up Alexa & Livinup but as for getting Alexa to turn lights on etc have had no luck. Help please

Disappointed

Hi Colleen. Sorry we haven’t had any luck with setting up Alexa. We just turned her off. She was becoming a real pain in the you know what

Colleen P.

Get an answer from our members and Jayco representatives

Jayco Silverline