John Deere X300 Select Series

X300, X320, X350, etc...

12 questions from our users

Peter B.asked

X320

What is a second hand X320, 800hrs, in good condition worth?

chris
chris

Not much pete. I only priced a new one yesterday at the local dealers, they quoted me $9400, I paid $8000 for it 6 years ago.

You would maybe get around $2500.00 for it if your lucky.
Plenty of new stuff out there pretty cheap now.
Cheers Chris

Thank you Chris.
My Old John Deer has mysteriously started working again. ????
So will keep it, not pretty to look at but does good job.
Peter

Slatts

Slattsasked

Price

Linda W.

Linda W.asked

Is the x300r old stock?

THe Bear

Hi, I own an X350. The 300 series are still available but have no idea on an X300. X350 brilliant, better that the Toro, Husky,Rover we have owned before. Might give a dealer like Vanderfields a call, brilliant dealers and also great for information. Regards Peter aka THe Bear

Legodad

Legodadasked

Should I consider buying a x300r with 1209 hours on the clock?

THe Bear

Gidday, I cannot answer this question, thats a lot of hours but if it has been regularly serviced and in good condition, price is right then go ahead. Have to find out the age of the machine, this model has great reviews. Regards Peter aka THe Bear

DorisandRay T.

DorisandRay T.asked

What is the cost to replace a ground drive belt on x300 jd mower?

THe Bear

Gidday Doris and Ray. Sorry unable to help with this one, our mower is an X350 and is just about new, so no parts etc yet. Suggest you ring a dealer, our dealer is Vanderfields at Gympie and they are superb with their service and knowledge. Hope this helps. Peter aka THe Bear

Bettyasked

X300

Why does our JD x300 mow for an hour or two then just shut off and refuse to start?

Clint

I have not experienced this problem. I have not had any problem with the engine. I assume that it is either a fuel or ignition problem. I only use high test gas without ethanol. and add a little sea foam. This is expensive but a lot cheaper in the long run than taking the carburetor apart to clean it. You should be able to determine if it is one of the above easily by removing the spark plug to see if it sparks when you turn the engine over. If it does then check the carburetor to see if it is getting fuel.

Zowner

Which motor is in this machine?
How old is it?
How many hours has it done?
Has the servicing been done?
Maybe new spar plugs or other electrical parts have failed,

Betty

Definitely a carburetor problem. Fuel goes to the carburetor. When it’s on full throttle it shuts down. It will continue to run smooth on idle. Possibly wire on bottom of carburetor (?)

Specialed

Specialedasked

X300

How far well the seat adjust?

Hello Specialised,
forward and back approx. 4" I think

Clint

Yes, from all the way forward to all the way back 4 inches which is adequate for me at 6 feet 2 inches and my wife at 5 Feet 5 inches to operate the tractor comfortably.

JED

JEDasked

I have an x300 with a bad bearing in the mower deck,left side.Are there any left hand threads that I need to be aware of while changing bearings?

Wazza
Wazza

The thread will tighten in the direction in which the blades are turning. Sometimes it is just as easy to buy a whole new bearing block, it will cost you $60 to $70 for a whole new assembly and $40 to $50 for new bearings. I would buy a new assembly to get me back up and running and repair the old one and keep it as backup. I think they call them spindle bearing assemblies. Hope this helps.

Laura B

Laura Basked

X300

Trying to put a wheel back on after punctured tyre repair...having trouble...any hints?

John0303
John0303

Hi Laura - sorry can't help you. BUT I suggest once you have it back on you re-inflate all 4 with "zero flat" (my term - but a self repair puncture product. You will be able to get it from most auto places.

Greasyasked

X320

My X320 is 4 yo, about 100 hours, mowing about 3 acres. I replaced the starter under warranty after 2 years. My biggest problem is with dealers supplying wrong parts: the manufacturer swapped and changed things around, so one model can have several configurations. Latest problem - an air filter without a metal guard on it. I found this was a problem when a mouse chewed a hole through the paper filament. I found it early and replaced filter. All the same, I am having mechanical problems. The motor struggles when I engage cutting deck. On servicing it, I found deck belt was badly damaged, maybe caused by a stick. However, I also found the pulleys are very stiff and maybe this is the real problem. Maybe I have over-greased the nipples. Is anyone familiar with this problem i.e. stiff pulleys? Any solutions? I will probably end up getting the professionals to service it.

Greasy

I'll update this. I've had my X320 serviced now and the problem was the mouse. However, it wasn't the gnawed air filter that did the damage but a gnawed wire to the coil. It's a lot cheaper to fix. If the coil hadn't failed, I might have sucked rubbish into the carburettor, so I got lucky (I guess). Now I just need a mouse trap that can't fail.

Gary

Garyasked

X300

X300 safety start switch intermittent requiring several cycles of the right pedal to make electrical contact. Problem getting worse. Switch seems to work but is in a very dirty environment / location. Looking for a way to diagnose the problem, ie, the switch, dirt, contacts, loose wiring somewhere ?? Anybody had this problem ?

Billy Goom
Billy Goom

I have never had a Problem with mine. I have only done 50 hours so far though. My Machine is the X320 NOT the X300, so they could be different. I know the transmission is very different in the 320 vs 300

RICHARD

RICHARDasked

X360

I have a 2013 x360 john deere that will stop running after 30 minutes of mowing. Let it sit for 5 minutes. It will restart and run for another short time and it does again...have been through the cap vent and that it not the problem...Do you have any ideas I can try??? Thanks!

Jimbo
Jimbo

Heat affecting something electrical would be my guess.

waterboydf
waterboydf

Could be a vapor lock somewhere along the fuel line or needs new gas filter.

Get an answer from our members and John Deere representatives