Kambrook Pressure Express Digital Multi Cooker KPR820BSS

Kambrook Pressure Express Digital Multi Cooker KPR820BSS Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:KAM-KPR820BSS and KPR820BSS
Robert W.
Robert W.

Is the inner pot dishwasher save

Grace L.
Grace L.

I hand wash mine now but yep have historically put it through the dishwasher in its earlier years

lydia leung

I should think si, but I have never tried cause it's so easy to clean

Silvana F.
Silvana F.

What temperature is the setting for yoghurt

Silvana
Silvana

What temperature is the yogurt maker function on the cooker?

nipper1
nipper1

What is the inner pot made of please?

Non stick material

Carol A.
Carol A.

Can I use the pressure cooker without the condensation part as I have not got one

Amelia
Amelia

I lost mine ages ago and still use my cooker with no issues. In fact I had forgotten I didn't have it till I read your question.

Anton
Anton

Can I make yoghurt with the Kambrook KPR 820 BSS?
Tony

Steven w.
Steven w.

Can I bridge a copper wire over the fuse to see if its working?

Timothy McGrane
Timothy McGrane

What is the best water to basmati rice ratio - and cook time please.

I want to make a lot at once to freeze. Do ratios stay same?

Jean mc
Jean mc

What is the capacity do you have any and what is the price?

6 litres

Mark H
Mark H

Hi, I have recently bought a Kambrook pressure cooker. When I have turned it on there is a loud high pitched noise!! I think it maybe faulty!?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Stephanie M
Stephanie M

Hi!

I'm using my pressure cooker for the first time to cook brown rice. I followed all the steps in the manual but the timer isn't going down. Is that normal?

Alipate

The device has to heat up then when it is st the normal temperature for cooking the rice the timer will begin

JEan1965
JEan1965

Can u cook rice n how much water per cup of rice

Susan

Can I use the pressure cooker to warm up foods?

mari
mari

Yes, I used it using the saute function. :)

Susan

Thankyou for your quick reply, I am wanting to heat pulled pork and then keep it warm for the 4 hours (automatic) the saute function option won't let me keep it warm. Any other option idea would be great. Thank you

Scott Fisher
Scott Fisher

What do I set the pressure valve position as when slow cooking?

Kambrook   DM

Hi Scott, the unit will not pressurise when the Slow Cook setting is chosen, even with the lid locked into place. The pressure release value should be set to 'venting' when slow cooking. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

sydneymidge

Hi. Can anyone please tell me the capacity of this marvel? Kambrook's website doesn't seem to disclose it. I need to decide between this one and the non digital one. Thanks.

Hi, the cooking bowl is 6 litres. Thanks, the Kambrook Team

sydneymidge

Thank you Kambrook. One more thing please - can you tell me its height? I made the mistake of not including an appliance hutch when the kitchen was rebuilt, so I'd like to hide the cooker in a deep drawer, 30 cm deep. I fear it won't fit.

Zara E
Zara E

What is the internal, removable bowl made from?

Kambrook   DM

Hi Zara E - the removable bowl is made of aluminium and non-stick coating. For further product enquiries, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

Julie.L

Can I use the saute function to steam e.g. fish? Ie will it boil water? The pot roast setting is too long for delicate foods.

Narrelle
Narrelle

Hi Julie

I have not tried fish as I don't eat it.

Cheers

Kambrook   DM

Hi Julielu - we recommend using a food steamer or rice cooker to steam delicate ingredients like fish. Perhaps these products may be more suitable? See external link  and external link . For other product enquiries, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

Kylied1
Kylied1

I used the brown rice setting for the first time. It was a little chewy so I'll amend the cooking time next time. The question is - is it normal for there to be not only steam but a small but steady spurt of liquid come out after the vent is opened? It left a noticeable splatter and puddle on and around the bench. Perhaps less water?

Kylie

Kambrook   DM

Hi Kylied1 - if the pressure release valve is not manually moved to the ‘venting’ position when cooking is finished, the steam will vent slowly out of the pressure release valve automatically. This ‘slow release’ method is recommended for recipes containing larger quantities of liquid (such as soups and casseroles) to prevent liquid being forced out with the steam.

Alternatively, use a heatproof spatula to move the pressure release valve from the ‘sealing’ to the ‘venting’ position and allow the pressure to ‘fast release’.

For further assistance with this product, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au.

Big D
Big D

How do others find the "Sauté" function?

I have just purchased this unit, and used it a few times. Overall its good, but the "sauté" function is useless. It doesn't seem to get much above 100C. If I need to sauté onions first or brown meat or chick I have to do it in a fry pan, which is annoying for a so-called "one-pot wonder."

Kambrook   DM

Hi Big D, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

perce
perce

How do people find the slow cook function on this?

The only mention of slow cook is one disappointing result...

Jennie

I slow cooked lamb shanks the other night and wss very pleased with the results

Jennie

Get an answer from our members and Kambrook representatives