Mazda CX-5 KE.I

Mazda CX-5 KE.I (2012-2014)

• Braking
  • Features
ganesha

ganesha

mixed bag

Bought this car to replace my Subaru Forester. Using it mainly for longer trips and camping out, have a smaller car for around town. The quality is good, though I dislike the automatic stop start feature that needs to be switched off each time manually, as well as the keyless entry / start. The best part is the fuel economy, a full 25% better than the Subaru. The 4WD is not as capable and the ground clearance is less than the Subaru's. The cruise control is very accurate and smooth, the cabin is spacious and surprisingly roomy. I love the flat cargo space with a clever folding down arrangement of the rear seats. Service every 10,000km is more frequent than other cars, but costs indicated should be much less than for the Subaru.

Purchased in October 2020 for $18,000.00.

Concerned Family

Concerned FamilySydney, NSW

Families beware, CX5 Extremely Unsafe Diesel Engine

TheDigitalPixxie

TheDigitalPixxieCentral Queensland, QLD

My first SUV, and I've never felt happier or safer

Purchased in November 2017 for $19,000.00.

Luke

LukeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Awesome SUV

We love this car and use it with two kids and two adults. We have the 2.5 litre petrol AWD maxx sport. Two baby seats fitted plus a factory tow bar and after market roof racks. Had family trips , I regularly tow a small boat, been to the snow, out west on road trips, commuting etc. always serviced - we have no major issues. We have replaced things like brake pads, tyres etc but nothing major.

Purchased in December 2013 at Artarmon mazda for $37,000.00.

Maree66

Maree66Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Never buy a Mazda!!!

Purchased in June 2014 at Mazda Dealers for $36,000.00.

Predrag J.

Predrag J.

Amazing car can not image life without it.

Extremely comfortable and easy to drive used in daily comutes, going to work picking up grocery etc, the car is serviced every 6 months. Have not had any issues tho when you turn the car off sometimes the monitor and ignition is still on having to turn it off twice.

Purchased in November 2012 at McGrath Mitsubishi Liverpool for $35.99.

a79

a79Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Such a great family car

We love our cx 5 it is perfect for our little family and has been very reliable and comes with such fantastic safety features
We have 3 children in car seats across the back so it’s a squishy fit but works for now
The boot space is enough for prams and such but for holidays we have found a roof pod is necessary for all the luggage
Fuel economy is pretty good and the car drives really well

Purchased in December 2012 at Mazda Dealers.

Delzey

DelzeyMelbourne

Love my CX-5 and Mazda's customer service is second to none.

Purchased in April 2014 at CityMazda for $35,200.00.

Mick

MickGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Be warned

Purchased in July 2013 at Mazda Dealers for $38,000.00.

TT57

TT57Melbourne

Great reliable car

This is our second Mazda. I find the car functional, reliable and looks good. I gave 4 Stars because the back doesn’t quite fit 3 baby seats comfortably so we now have to consider another suv which would.

Purchased in May 2014.

Ali

AliMelbourne Australia

Terrible car ! Do NOT buy it

The only good thing about Mazda CX5 is that it is a beautiful sporty car. Otherwise, the maintenance costs are way too high! Maintenance costs are comparable to that of BMW or even Mercedes Benz specially after you drive over and around 100,000 kilometers with your car ! I hate my CX5 with passion! Would buy a proper reliable German car instead of buying a rubbish Japanese car !

Purchased in December 2014 at Max Kirwin Mazda for $40,000.00.

Radio headset.

The entertainment unit whe n playing music from usb memory always restarts thebsame song every time the car is resarted.
Divers you insane.
Car is fantastic for towing our van. Economy is great.Good driving position. But the door closure warning light does not indicate which door is not closed properly.

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Samantha M

Samantha MChisholm

Decent car

We bought the CX 5 Max sport model for its ungraded features. We found that the tint that the installation team added was below par so I would recommend you do that aspect yourself.

Overall a smooth drive, not jerky with the breaks. We have owned it for over 5 years and with regular services we haven’t had a problem. In fact the low tyre pressure warning system saved my life on an outback drive one year, if this had not have gone off I would have been stranded heavily pregnant in the middle of nowhere.

Engine Size2.0L Petrol
Date PurchasedAug 2013
Katym

KatymSydney

Best Car I Have Ever Bought

Purchased my Mazda CX5 in August 2014 from John Newel Mazda - Alexandria. Comfortable, easy to drive, very economical on fuel. The interior is luxurious without the price tag. It is a medium size SUV, providing adequate legroom, boot storage and a feeling of being a sturdy safe car. After service at John Newel brilliant....high focus on customer experience. I will continue to purchase Mazda vehicles from this dealership in future as will my family.

BadgeAkera
Engine Size2.0L Petrol
Date PurchasedAug 2014
Jenny

JennyMackay

Such a good mum car

I love this car. We bought it when we found out I was pregnant as an upgrade from my small Elantra. I love driving this car around, it is so smooth, comfortable and spacious. The pram fits in the boot with plenty of room to spare. I love having a reverse camera too. Very happy with this purchase!

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Still loving my Mazda

6 years on Im still loving my cx5. Its economic on petrol and the big boot has been handy with the kids bikes and trips away. Its the second Mazda I've bought and they are so reliable and they drive well.

Date PurchasedDec 2012
Sad CX5

Sad CX5Darwin

Lemon is an understatement.

Long term review for anyone that wants to purchase a Mazda CX-5. Save your money and purchase something else. Numerous sensor faults causing the car to limp or stop. At 80,000 KM blew a turbo. Not a single service they pick another fault from ruptured common rail fuel lines at a cost of $1000 to repair. The car is just at 130000 km engine mount bolts have ruptured and power steering is about to go according to the service department. Nothing but drama with the CX-5 and all Mazda could offer was one free service and an extended 12 months warranty. Wasn’t really worth the year off the road over 5 years.

Date PurchasedNov 2012

Superb service

Date PurchasedMar 2014
JohnR

Came back from Melb to Melbourne 27 Dec, towing 1.4 tonne caravan - aircon working really well, temp outside mid 40s much of the way through central NSW : this lovely diesel did not miss a beat!

Anna

Anna

Comfortable family car

This is a nice and comfortable family car. For a medium sized car it’s actually quite roomy inside. The cargo area has lots of room and is easy to reach into. It takes a cargo barrier so you can transport your pets in the back securely. The leather seats are very comfortable and the heated front seats add an element of luxury.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sarah

SarahBlaxland

Hate hate hate!

I had a 2013 MY14 CX5 and had problems from day dot. From a faulty battery, to a faulty sunroof button which meant I couldn’t close the roof to a faulty sensor which made the engine stall (it was an automatic!) to blowing a head gasket and needing a whole new engine! Mazda put me through hell and back and wouldn’t cover it under warranty because my car was serviced through 2 different Mazda dealerships!! I would never recommend nor would I buy a CX5 again!

Date PurchasedJan 2014