Metricon VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

• Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

Praneel Singh

Praneel Singh

Stay away....Service Warranty process is pathetic

Construction End DateOctober 2019

Knock down rebuild - first time builders

Build StagePost-Construction

Great home and a great site manager.

694861 I love my new home!! My site manager [name removed] was fantastic. The quality is great for the price. I look forward to moving in as soon as possible. [name removed] my BSC was very proactive with dealing with any questions throughout the build. We would happily build with Metricon again!

Abhijeet Singh

Abhijeet SinghGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Most terrible Post construction service

Construction End DateJune 2019

Good management

Seems most of our friends advise it's difficult to manage building a new house. However, Metricon do it very well. Our project manager [name removed] is very good, he communicates with us very often, we handover on time, even still have some minor defects and Still can improve for some workmanship.

Construction End DateJanuary 2020

We LOVE our new home! Just a few hiccups.

Bryce C.

Bryce C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Job the team at Metricon

Metricon recently completed our Vantage 48 in Surrey Hills and we are extremely pleased with the end result. Minimal defects, which were attended to swiftly. Beautiful, large home and was completed within 6 months!
3 month defect period coming up and only 2 or 3 minor things to worry about.
Well done to [name removed] and [name removed] for their excellent work in delivering such a nice home in such a short timeframe.

Construction End DateDecember 2019

Excellent communication

Our building supervisor has been outstanding throughout the construction of our brand new home. He was very good at communicating every important detail throughout the build and never questioned any issue/ concern that we had throughout this time. He was very thorough with his walk through prior to our arrival for our inspection and was considerate and appropriate with anything we had questioned during this time.

Terrible Service

Terrible and shifty company to cope with. If you don't want waste your hard earned money, avoid this company.
Had urgent water leakage at kitchen (pipes are not installed and sealed properly), information received by the company, no plumber contacting us or showing up at all!
Brick layers did terrible job with bricks not leveled and broken mortars.
Tiles are not leveled.
Floor board float out after a few days.
Plaster had cracks.
Roof tiles are broken.
Door frame pushed in with 5cm which was excused as "Australia Standard".
All they do is just rush with terrible tradies and rough work. Not trustworthy at all!

• +1
Construction End DateDecember 2019
Paul

PaulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Site Supervisor

Our site manager for the construction stages, [name removed], was excellent. He was very efficient with the timing of the build and trades. We built the Grange 31 with the Cube facade. It was unfortunate that he couldn't beat the Christmas-New Year break for handover. He is also very helpful even after handover. There were one or two hiccups with the specifications during the build - which is not unusual for constructions.

Bridey G.

Bridey G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great experience building with Metricon

So far we have had a great experience with Metricon. Our sales person initially was lovely and communication has been good throughout. Our site supervisor has been great at communicating with us and informing me of any small issues (there haven't been many!) We are ahead of schedule which we are thrilled about, and we were very happy with the choices we had at Studio M when we had our colour appointment.

Ashleigh R.

Ashleigh R.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Fairytale first home

We could not recommend Metricon more for the build of our home. Being the first home we built, we didn’t know what to expect but couldn’t be happier with the way it has gone. Our site manager, [name removed], was absolutely amazing, ensuring everything ran smoothly throughout the whole process.
If we ever encountered any issues [name removed] would keep us updated and respond to any queries we had. We couldn’t be happier with [name removed] and his team, his work and communication has made this process so seamless.
We have found everyone we have dealt with to be transparent and honest. We are thrilled with the quality of the build and the workmanship. It’s definitely 5 star!

Jorell

JorellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Smooth and drama free build!

My build with Metricon has been an absolute breeze, very happy with the quality of work from all trades involved. The site supervisor is great and has answered any questions/queries I have had without hesitation.
Overall I’m very happy with the whole build from start to finish and will definitely be recommending Metricon to friends and family.

Mick

MickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Knock Down New Build in Glen Waverley

Construction End DateApril 2020

Metricon Build.

Our build process with Metricon has been great. We had an awesome SS [name removed] who would always go out of his way to answer questions we were unsure about. [name removed] made sure he would call us at least once a week to let us know the progress.
Overall the experience has been stressfull which I'm sure many of us building feel but it has also been enjoyable.
Thank you Metricon team.

Caitie

CaitieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good communication and love the home!

Great Experience

The help I received during the whole building process from metricon staff have been fantastic. The quality of the build up to date has been excellent. We receive regular updates from the building team to keep us in the loop during the process. They are well ahead of schedule to hand over the house.

Team M.Metricon

Rajitha, thanks for taking the time to praise our team and process. Awesome to hear that you've had contact throughout the build. All the best for hand-over and settling into your home!
Nathan
National Customer Care
customercare@metricon.com.au

Great Result

The whole process from start to finish was great. Being interstate, all communication and business was through email or phone which was ideal for me. The colour schemes for the house are all pre-selected which I liked as the colours go well together and I didn't have to waste time picking from 30 different shades of white.

I eventually flew down to do an inspection and everything was solid. Some paint blemishes but they get fixed up. The site manager was genuine and kept me in the loop with everything that was happening.

Overall was a very positive experience

Kim

KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good services and overall experience

Our supervisor of the site is helpful and informative. Happy with the site finishing. This is the second site we have built with Metricon and I m happy with the whole process from beginning to the end. The selection and the costings are transparent and dealt with professionalism. Would have the jobs done with them again.

Great communication

The management of the building was done really well. We had updates every week about the progress of the building. This was really helpful because the property I was building was in Melbourne and I am currently living in SYD. One thing that was a little annoying was that I could not choose colours or make administration things done in the SYD office, so I had to go to Melbourne at multiple stages.

JMTC

JMTCasked

Yes was wondering what type of skirting was used in a colarado 21 built in 2004. Need to find similiar skirting.

Hi JMTC
I am guessing you require to replace some skirting boards in your property? If so, can you provide me with your building contract number and property address so we can locate the file in archives. Please be aware this may take some time seeing it goes back to 2004.
Looking forward to your reply.
Regards
Metricon National Customer Care

Simion

Simionasked

Hello,
we have moved in a new house built by Metricon. Since about 3 weeks ago I reported a toilet drainage issue. This started approximately 2 weeks after we moved in. This most probably is either bad pipes layout or a pipe if filled with construction debris. I haven't seen a blocked toilet in 20 years and now I have one on brand new house, it is almost unbelievable.
The thing is in almost 3 weeks Metricon have been unable to get somebody to really investigate this issue.
Then I have doors which do not close.
Nothing can be logged via My Metricon because my account do not exist even in the handover documents it says it is. So I communicated a couple of time via phone with some individuals who never follow up, neither update us with the status.

I am wondering how would be that anybody from Metricon to pay $400,000+ for a brand new house, then to have issues and the builder ignore you ? Is this some Metricon resolve method to ignore the customers in the warranty period ? It seems like some pattern by looking at these online reviews. I cannot otherwise explain how in 3 weeks really nothing is fixed.

Sandyasked

My Name is Theo. Our bath drain is blocked, called a plumber whom had much difficulty unblocking the block. Drilled a hole through adjacent wall to poke a camera in to see the pipe plumbing. Found a convoluted tube which was used in the plumbing process was kinked , which can only have happened on installation of bath when new. Our plumber advised this problem will continually occur.The house is approx 9 years old, where do we stand in reference to a faulty installation from new? appreciate your reply ?

Team M.Metricon

Thanks for getting in touch, Theo. We apologise for the delay in responding. Our Service & Warranty team is the most appropriate to assist and will be more than happy to look into this for you. We will be in touch via direct message to seek further information for your concerns to be addressed. Jenny

Sandy

Thank you Jenny for your reply, and looking into our issue to hopefully resolve.

Get an answer from our members and Metricon representatives