Part of Metricon 4.3

1,975 reviews
Ron T
Ron TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Highly recommend Metricon

This was the second house we’ve built with Metricon and they didn’t disappoint. [Name Removed] our site manager was knowledgeable and did an exceptional job for our build. Highly recommend Metricon for all people looking for a reputable company to build with. Show details ·  1
par
parGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts
  Verified VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

Rude customer service and disappointing service

I built my first home with Metricon, after a 4 years I made a claim to my warranty as they failed to seal an area in laundry and it damaged my entire floor. The warranty manager brought some poor excuses and was extremely rude. He told me we are not paying for the repair and you are just looking to get something done for free if you are not happy about it take us to VCAT. Overall the customer service side of the warranty is disappointing and they made me feel guilty about logging a claim and accused me of being cheating. Show details
Prakash P.
Prakash P.

Great build

Good quality materials used. Received constant communication and updates which was good enough to keep us in loop. Well under cost estimated. Site supervisor was great and understanding. Surely recommended Show details ·  1
Hu M.
Hu M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  Verified VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

A journey of building a house with Metricon

We initially chose Metricon because their display homes perfectly suited our needs, and the sales staff were very enthusiastic and attentive. However, during the construction process, we encountered material and labor shortages due to the pandemic. The initial site manager did not make enough effort to resolve the issues, resulting in a two-year delay in completion. Fortunately, a new site manager took over later, and he was very responsible, promptly and effectively addressing any concerns I raised. His work capability was also excellent. Apart from the delayed delivery, I am generally satisfied with the quality of the house construction. Show details ·  1
Nikki Chariompolis
Nikki ChariompolisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awful experience with Metricon

10 Months into a 17 square build. 3rd site supervisor nothing but issues and is still a long way away from hand over. Every issue they try to rectify creates a new issue. Stay away guys. Will be posting weekly updates until house is finished. Show details
  • +1Thumbnail
MyanG
MyanGGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

3 weeks delayed but all good

The start of build was smooth around November 2023. Progress was fast. But the site supervisor left, the handover took awhile due to the timing, it was January 2024. Suddenly the progress slowed down. But the new site supervisor was good too. The build took 6months, 3 weeks delayed. All good. Its our first home. We are glad we have settled in Show details
Vera Z.
Vera Z.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A building experience with Metricon

If you are looking for someone to build your house, I would highly recommend this company and this person—our site manager [Name Removed] to you. He is very serious, careful, responsible and quick to respond to your questions and always gives you his professional opinions and suggestions when you are faced with a choice you don't know. He also deals with any problems you encounter very reasonably and efficiently based on his rich work experience. I think this is the style we have been looking for and appreciating. We are so happy to get him to build our new house! Thank you! Show details ·  1
Fifi
FifiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
Sheikh
Sheikh

Critical issue effectively resolved

I'd like to convey my heartfelt thanks and gratitude to [Name Removed]
and his team for resolving a critical issue post construction of our property at MEL. The task was really challenging as it required underground checking and investigation of a pipe blockage. [Name Removed] provided his unrelenting efforts and needful support throughout the process. He made regular communication and kept us informed on the work progress till it was carried out successfully. Show details ·  1
MrDMB
MrDMBGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts
  Verified VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

Metricon Service & warranty - No reply!

When looking at builders also take into account their service and warranty.
I sent an email on Wednesday, March 13, 2024 4:31 PM regrading an extraction fan that is noisy and has a burning smell. I followed up on Tue 16/04/2024 1:40 PM. Still no reply.
Poor post purchase support. Show details
Sherry
SherryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Poor workmanship

We have terrible experience with Metricon, this was ongoing issues they had came multiple times to fix it in years but still not Fix.
3 out of 4 bathrooms upstairs all leaking. My ceiling mould and had water damage marks. It’s not blocked is LEAK!!!! The house was hand over to us 2017, the issues is since then, now still have the issues!!! Show details
Site Admin
Structural Integrity
Flooring
Mayra
Mayra3 posts
mike s.
mike s.

Excellent choice

I recently had the pleasure of working with [Name Removed], the site supervisor from Metricon for my home construction. From start to finish, [Name Removed] demonstrated exceptional professionalism, meticulous attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to quality and safety.
[Name Removed] provided updates once a week either phone or email, detailed progress reports, and was always available to answer any questions or concerns. This transparency helped build trust and ensured me as a client was well-informed throughout the project.
Overall, [Name Removed] is an outstanding building site supervisor. If you are also building with Metricon, [Name Removed] is the go-to man. Show details ·  1
Yang J
Yang JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts
  • +1Thumbnail
Dee
DeeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Don’t do it

Building with Metricon was easy. However, once they have received your money, the service and warranty is where you suffer. I have issues which are outstanding for months and after a number of unanswered emails and follow up phone calls not being returned, I’ve had enough. On top of this, our site manager organising for our foot patch and driveway crossover being ripped up without our knowledge. Metricon’s catch phrase is ‘love where you live’. Well Metricon, I hate where I live because of the stress you have put me and my family under. Never again will I build with Metricon. Show details

kas
kas · VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

Hi, We are trying to touch with construction coordinator to get the start date of our house through email last 2 weeks. But she is not giving any promising date and she is trying to avoid reply to our email with the start date. I need the start date through email not phone call. I believe message through phone is not the promising date and its just to postponed our enquire.

AIA. NO WAY

Do everything in writing. I always follow up phone calls with a written summary of the call.

It’s saved me many times from disputed conversations.

DTAW · VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

Hi, we are trying to getting in touch with our pre site manager for the last two months and no answer to email or phone calls, when we try to call through Metricon general number ending with 773, they always say she is on leave or she is not available , today I said that it is possible to speak to her team leader? And answer is “ he is in a meeting” ,please help us to communicate with our pre site manager, thanks

DTAW

Hi thank you for replying on this forum, at least we have some hope now, I have submitted my details via private msg to you guys, thanks

AIA. NO WAY

Keep pushing. They responded to me here and still ghost me. Broken promises and no customer care. Metricon Say it’s not normal but there are lot of people making the same complaints.

PAB
PAB · VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

Can someone from @Metricon please contact me regarding my below experience?

Please read my below experience with @MetriCon before putting your hard-earned money into their incapable hands.

28/11/2021 Deposit paid $1,500 to Metricon with titled land; price locked in for 12 months.
May-22 Metricon stated contract was cancelled by us. Advised we did not. Contract was reactivated.
Nov-22 Colour selection call. We were overseas.
Feb-23 Colour selection call. Metricon not ready with plan changes requested.
Apr-23 Colour selection appointment attended.
Jun-23 Metricon requested additional $77,800 stating price lock ended despite delay being on Metricon end.

Any delays are on Metricon’s end. If our job in the system had not been cancelled by who knows, then perhaps we would have started our home build in timely manner and no additional costs would have been incurred. For the past 22 months, we have been in financial stress as we have been paying mortgage on the land we were supposed to build on and move into.
On multiple occasions, we have asked to speak to the General Manager of Sales, however the Operations Manager is constantly stating ‘there is no one above her who we can talk to’.
I don't need to emphasise, but this is one of the common practices that Metricon Home has been performing. Leaving customers without hope but to find extra money which hurts many families to build their dream home.
In an interview CEO of Metricon Home stated the core of their business is to put customers first. I am not feeling this and based on my experience, this is not something that is practiced at Metricon.

AIA. NO WAY

Same generic response. Did you get any real answers PAB?

Compare all Metricon listings
CategoryProject Home BuildersProject Home BuildersProject Home BuildersProject Home Builders
Types of Homes AvailableDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-StoreyDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-StoreyDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-StoreyDual Occupancy / Duplex, One-Storey, Split Level and Two-Storey
Major Defects WarrantyLifetimeLifetimeLifetimeLifetime