3MG MG3

MG MG3 (2018-2024) Questions & Answers

Also referred to as: MG MG3 2023 and MG MG3 2025.
Brand Manager for MG? Claim your listing.
Susanne R.
Susanne R. · MG3 (2018-2024)

Has anyone had any problems with the MG3 Exite 2024 not holding and rolling back on a hill.?

Mike R.
Mike R. · MG3 Core with Nav (2018-2024)

Why is the steering so heavy at low speeds

Lesley

probably because it is badly built!

MickNorth
MickNorth

It is heavy but this helps handling on the country roads!

robert
robert · MG3 Core with Nav (2018-2024)

What is the advantage of satnav?

Lesley

Well you can find your way around, however my brand new MG3 Excite (JUNE 2023) Sat Nav does not have the latest maps downloaded so when I go up the new part of the freeway in Perth it does not exist!!!

robert

How do you update satnav on your MG3?

Alex seeley
Alex seeley · MG3 (2018-2024)

Is it possible to turn off the WIF in the cabin of the car?
I've been sensitive to wifi (microwave) since an accidental exposure to a commercial wifi transmitter.

jill b.
jill b. · MG3 (2018-2024)

does the mg3 have an alarm which is activated when car is locked

???

jill b.
jill b. · MG3 (2018-2024)

does the mg3 have an alarm that is activated when the car is locked

MWM
MWM

I will never buy a MG again they are poor quality.

paul

Try locking the car with a window open, then after a minute or 2, open the vehicle from the inside & see. First, what does the MG book say?

Julz m.
Julz m. · MG3 (2018-2024)

Hi. My car auto locks from the inside. Is there a way to turn auto lock off. I pick kids up & I have to turn ignition off so the doors can open to let them in....

paul

This is a clever safety feature to prevent opening the door & falling out. If the handbook does not tell you, try opening it a second time.

Mandy
Mandy · MG3 Excite (2018-2024)

MG3 2019 Auto
Having issue with spluttering, when driving at any speed or any road conditions
Feel like it’s being starved of fuel
Only when driving in Auto
Doesn’t do it when using manual shift or when using cruise control
Anyone else had this issue ???

Amin B.
Amin B.

I have same issues bought two months ago ?
Have you got fixed ?

Mandy

I’ve talked to a couple of local mechanics and they have no idea
So I’m going to take it to MG service centre
But there’s a waiting list ‍
Have you found any reason for it ??

Mandy

I’ve been told today that it is probably the fuel filter
I let you you know how I go…..

Rina M.
Rina M.

Did a new fuel filter fix it?

Mandy

But new spark plugs did !!!
Apparently they are fitted with cheap spark plugs when MG are produced…they don’t last many kilometres
Replace with good quality plugs…hasn’t missed a beat since !!

Janine L
Janine L

Has this issue been repaired for you? I’ve had this problem since I picked it up brand new. They said it needed a wheel alignment (on a brand new car!!!) but it didn’t fix it. Still have the issue.

Tony M.
Tony M. · MG3 (2018-2024)

Has anyone successfully diagnosed the electrical problem with the MG3 where the car's radio, wipers and lights just come on whilst parked and the ignition off? This only happen after driving in the rain. I would appreciate if anyone has isolated this problem and has a solution.

Robin W.
Robin W.

I have had the same problem when parked in the rain. The electrics of the car come on (lights, radio etc) and I can't lock the car...it seems to behave as though it thinks the key is in the ignition. This has happened on 3 separate occasions and it is only 8 months old. I have taken it back to the dealer and they have told me a loose terminal connection on the battery, but I am not convinced. Will see how it goes in future rainstorms...

Tony M.

Thanks Robin. I too, have taken the MG back to the dealer who advised that there was a loose ignition assembly. They rectified this by tightening it and also advised that if it occurs again they would replace the ignition key assembly. So far, the tightening has worked for several months and especially after the recent heavy rains in Melb. we did not have a problem.

Kylie T.
Kylie T. · MG3 Excite (2018-2024)

When my daughter went to take off and was ok went to turn right and the steer lock straight car wouldn’t turn and same thing happen next day at work to her same thing when see went to turn right same happen locked straight

Megamouse
Megamouse · MG3 Core with Nav (2018-2024)

Does it have a digital speedo?
And can I turn the auto stop / start off?

Megamouse

Is that no to both Roger? And thanks.
I should have asked if MG3 has auto stop / start. Does it? Hope not

Bill C
Bill C · MG3 (2018-2024)

My daily running lights do not work I noticed it today I bought the car just over a month ago MG3 Core hatch. Any ideas?

Maggie M.
Maggie M. · MG3 (2018-2024)

With 7 year warranty can I be assured of parts from China?

Roger

Good question. This is the same problem for all car manufacturers. We make nothing in Australia.

julie m.
julie m. · MG3 (2018-2024)

Can you lift up the back head rest?

chug449
chug449 · MG3 (2018-2024)

We purchased our 2020 MG3 excite in April of that year. The car hasn't missed a beat. We're currently about to hit 50k.

We bought it as a spare, as we needed a small car to get around town. Yes, the gearbox switches between gears going up hill, I use the tip Tronic shifter, and use the gears I want, the car comes to life.

Fuel economy is six of one and half as dozen of the other. I get approx 500 to 600 a tank, more on the freeway. I guess it comes down to how you drive.

The car mats are flimsy, I purchased after market, much better. I also fitted an after market arm rest that looks factory. I've tinted it, and ceramic coated it.

The car is roomy, seats 4 comfortably, and is very reliable. My only gripe, the battery died at 2 and as half years of ownership. They only offer warranty on the battery up to 2 years, so bummer.

People right reviews bagging the hell out of this car. What do you expect?! A Ferrari?! I have a nice car that cost close to $100k when new, if I compare the MG3 to that, of course, it's garbage in comparison. That's not the point of the car, it's a cheap and cheerful car. So if you want leather and total luxury with a 700 horsepower engine, go spend 3 figures, and buy something better. Everyone is so precious these days.

stephanie L.
stephanie L.

well said lol

Craig R
Craig R · MG3 (2018-2024)

Hi, How can I turn off: 1/ Auto locking on the doors 2/ All the beeping alerts EG: It relentlessly beeps when you do anything, unbelievably annoying, help please

the one F.
the one F. · MG3 (2018-2024)

The Mg3 exhaust makes a low bubbling noise when idling .
Is this normal?

Pat P.
Pat P. · MG3 (2018-2024)

I purchased 2022 mg3 excite why is the sat nav out dated

paul

Did you ask MG? They only update every year or 2. Most car companies will update but all mostly charge hundreds of dollars.

Joseph G.
Joseph G. · MG3 (2018-2024)

When closing the car with the key the horn sounds the manual advises something is not closed everything seems closed has anyone had this issue and any idea what it could be

Aine5
Aine5

Yes I have the same problem. I check everything and nothing is wrong. Mg 3 cars are crazy big mistake buying it.

Julie G.
Julie G.

This would be the boot not closing properly, I took mine back to the dealer and they made an adjustment on the boot and I haven't had it happen since

cheryltom g.
cheryltom g. · MG3 Core with Nav (2018-2024)

how many revs does the mg3core do at 110km/hr
t.barny

Select a listing for your question
MG MG3 (2018-2024)

Extra Information

Brand Manager for MG? Claim your listing.