New Choice Homes

QUALITY HOMES

New Choice have excellent trades people. Loved the brickwork on my two homes. The supervisor Phil was very professional. There were a few issues pre and during the build which is to be expected but they were resolved fairly easily. Charmaine and Nick on sales were very patient with my million questions pre contract :) Pre-start with Kellie was fun and Eleanor and Phil made the construction experience almost painless. The initial cost was very good but I went over budget with a few variations during the build however overall the quality for the price is excellent.

Construction End DateJune 2019
Hi Rosa, Thanks so much for the glowing review and for sharing your feedback. It is great to read about your experience and thank you for taking the time to mention each stage. Your feedback will be shared with our team members and thanks for choosing New Choice Homes as your new home builder. Kind Regards, New Choice Homes

Happy with end result

We had our own independent inspector throughout the Build.
We had a few hiccups along the way, but building supervisor was more than willing to fix any issues without question or delay.
Handover went well
Overall good quality for the price paid.
Slab down toward end of Dec with handover being end of May

Construction End DateMay 2019
Hi Rach, Thank you for your kind feedback and we are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your building experience with New Choice and that any hiccups were fixed promptly along the way. We all wish you continued happiness in your home for many years to come. Kind Regards, New Choice Homes

Verry good no hassle easy and friendly staff great builder always ready to help and no hidden surprises or add ones

Great build builder and site manager excellent
Great time frame
Well mannered polite people
Easy to contact
No issues
Will use again
Great price for what we got
True professional outfit

Construction End DateMay 2019
Hi Saul, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It was great to read your positive comments and to hear that your building experience with New Choice Homes was an enjoyable one. Your comments will be passed on to all the team here and we look forward to working with you in the future. Kind Regards, New Choice Homes

New investment house built by New Choice..lovely finish, awesome process, got a tenant before even collecting keys

Spoke to Brayden Bentley the sales consultant from New Choice. He was awesome and so friendly, honest and talking as is. I previously dealt with BGC, unfortunately the design wasn't as good as New Choice's, thus the move. With New Choice, their PWA contract is clear, straight forward without too much "exit clauses" compared to BGC. Head of New Choice is the head of MBA, therefore I know I won't be screwed over.

Throughout the entire journey customer service has been super super excellent. Every time I had a question or issue, I would email Eleanor or Kellie and they would reply straight away. They manage customer expectation very well, therefore, at no point have I ever felt that I was left in the dark. If there were costs arising, they would communicate straight away. New Choice wasn't the kind of builder who would over-promise and under-deliver. Right from the beginning, they have set the expectation right.

I will definitely build with New Choice again. My investment house sits on a small land 220sqm, and yet, the finished product is so nice and does not feel "small" inside at all. Their designer did an excellent job.

All in all, I would definitely use them again. Yes, while they are not the cheapest, but with all the headaches that could have been avoided, plus the quality and the customer service that you get, it's totally worth it.

I built in Cockburn Central, 4x2x1 single-story on a 220sqm land, total build was around $193,500 turn-key all included (siteworks, BAL rating 12.5, blinds, etc). I'm sure, compared to other builders, price is competitive.

POSITIVES
- Great customer service
- Honest, won't screw you around
- Manage customer expectations well
- Price is super competitive
- No stress building process

NEGATIVES
- Well, I guess you could have always built with a cheaper one, but expect a cheapo quality also
- Construction time was a bit longer than expected. My PPOR took about 6 months to complete, with New Choice, I signed in July 2018 and finished in April 2019 (inclusive Christmas and New Year)

Construction End DateApril 2019
Hi Tommy, Wow what a great review! We really appreciate your feedback and taking the time to share your building experience. Great customer service is important to us and so to have that recognised and highlighted by our clients is always a delight for us. We're equally as happy to hear that the building process was stress free for you and that everything went according to plan. Your comments will be shared with the team and we look forward to working with you in the future. Kind Regards, New Choice Homes

Perfect as Expected

We had a very good build with NCH, they take pride in their work, nothing was too much trouble. We had quotes from other Top Builders, but NCH came out on top for Quality, Price and Build Time. From the start with John, through to pre start with Kylie then onto construction with Christina and Eleanor who is lovely, was a smooth journey. We had a couple of hiccups, but Phil our supervisor was on the ball and was sorted out in no time. We are very happy with our forever home they done an excellent job, On Time, On Budget and a Good Quality Build. We would recommend New Choice Homes to our family and friends.

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hello Sue, Wow! what a great feedback, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope you and your family create lots of wonderful memories in your beautiful new forever home and thanks also for the recommendation to others looking to build. All the best, New Choice Homes.

Delivered on expectation

As a first time home builder, I had a lot of guidance and recommendations to help me through initially. I was recommended NCH from family. The key for me was a quality build at a reasonable price. I can say that I got all of this. The Quality of the build as recommended. I would recommend New Choice Homes to anyone thinking of building a new home.

Construction End DateNov 2018
Hi JK1, Thank you for the opportunity to build your new home and we appreciate you taking the time to share your building experience with us. We're happy that we were able to deliver all that you were expecting and hopefully more with regards to your new home build. Thank you sincerely also for the recommendation to others looking to build and we wish you all the best as you continue to settle into your new home. Kind Regards, New Choice Homes

Smooth from start to finish

A fantastic smooth experience from the sales/design process, prestart and construction. The quality of the build was top notch and finished on budget. Building Inspector at PCI commented on quality of the build and could find any faults. Any hiccups were dealt with quickly and professionally, would recommend New Choice to family and friends. Special mention to the Supervisor Brad who ensured our build was done on time and to a top notch standard.

Construction End DateOct 2018
Hi Jodie and Dave, Wow, what a great review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we're so pleased to hear that you've had such a rewarding time building with New Choice Homes. Thankyou for the recommendation to build to your family and friends and it goes without saying that we all wish you all the very best as you settle into your new home. New Choice Homes

First Time Builder

This was my first time building and New Choice Homes (NCH) made the entire process seamless. I’ve heard many say that building can be a stressful time and I’ll be forever grateful to the NCH team who gave me the most enjoyable experience. John, Sales Consultant was friendly and helpful. Both Brooke and Christina, Client Liaison Officers routinely sent detailed updates and answered any questions I had along the way. Tiffany, Pre-start Administrator was super helpful with plan recommendations. Phil, Site Supervisor was extremely thorough, friendly and professional. I hired an independent Home Inspector for the Practical Completion Inspection (PCI) who identified very few minor defects which were resolved immediately and he advised that my house was a quality build. I’m extremely happy with my home and I cannot thank NCH team enough!

Construction End DateSep 2018
Hi Peta, Thanks for your wonderful review. It's great to hear that you decided to build your first home with New Choice and that we were able to build you a quality home that both you and your building inspector are happy with. We're also pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful on your journey to your new home throughout all stages of the build process. Your kind words will be passed on to our entire team. Enjoy your new home! Kind Regards New Choice Homes

Very happy with quality of build and management of build...

Very happy to recommend New Choice Homes. A 3rd party building inspection was very positive and inspector spoke very highly of the quality of build for the price. The build was managed very well by Brad who was thorough and the New Choice team were supportive along the way. We originally were going to go with any builder and are happy that we changed and went with New Choice.

Construction End DateSep 2018
Hi CGill, What a great review and thank you for choosing New Choice Homes to build your new home. Thank you for also taking the time to provide your feedback, it is fantastic to hear your comments regarding the quality workmanship, which was also noted by a third party inspector, and it's also great to hear you valued the support we offered throughout your building journey. We wish you all the best in your new home.

Triplex Build

I would recommend NCH to build your new home, i would certainly use NCH again from the initial decision to use them (did my homework and had quotes from min 6 other builders) they were fantastic, the cost was competitive and so was the design of the plans that were spot on. They worked in conjunction with the lender, council and the strata companies to ensure everything went smoothly. The specs were high and the build quality as i would expect from a competent builder. All the staff right from the planners, pre start, liaison managers and site supervisor were very helpful and accommodating with no issues that couldn't be sorted out. Overall i am extremely happy with the outcome of the build. Thank you.

Construction End DateSep 2018
Hi Chris, We appreciate you taking the time to share your triplex building experience with us and we're so pleased to hear that you've had such a rewarding journey with New Choice Homes. Its a real pleasure for us to receive commendations on our values of high specification, quality construction and customer service and your praise will be passed onto our entire team. Again, thanks for sharing your experience and it goes without saying that we'd love to build for you again in the future. All the best New Choice Homes

Great New Home - Highly Reccommend

We recently built a new home with New Choice Homes and absolutely love it. The entire process from the beginning ran smoothly and was well communicated. The construction quality is immaculate, and the client liaison always left us feeling completely comfortable. Building can be a stressful time, but we never felt any concern and would most certainly build with New Choice Homes again.

Construction End DateAug 2018
Hi Michael, Congratulations on collecting the keys to your new home and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It's fantastic to hear your comments regarding the excellent workmanship and communication you have received throughout the entire build process. We wish you all the best as you continue to settle into your new home. Thanks again New Choice Homes

Fantastic experience. Highly recommended.

Id like to think I am informed customer being in the property industry, and having done a significant amount of research into builders before committing to NCH.
We had a great experience with this builder. Nothing was ever too much to ask and we were happy with the quality, speed and cost of the build. Supervisor Brad is a credit to the company - very composed worker who bent over backwards to make our experience as smooth as possible.
Emails to client liaison Brooke were always responded to quickly and she was always happy to answer our questions and/or give us detailed updates either routinely or by request. Again a credit to the company.
Pre start with Tiffany was an enjoyable experience and went smoothly.
Sales consultant John worked very hard to get our business - forgot how many times he came out to visit us and deal with our multiple requests / variations.
Build time was good and there was rarely down time between trades.
Overall we shopped around with NCH and two other builders and absolutely no regrets with our choice. It is quite obvious this business works with pride - the same cant be said about some of the others out there based on countless other pieces of feedback regarding other (generally larger) builders.
Whilst only time will tell whether our shiny new house will stand the test of time, all we can say is to date our experience has been great.

Construction End DateAug 2018
Hi David, We appreciate you taking the time to share your building experience with us and thank you for choosing to build with New Choice Homes. It was wonderful to read your comments and our team are all pleased to hear that you have enjoyed this journey and that we could deliver everything you were hoping for. We wish you all the best as you continue to settle into your shiny new home, of which we're sure will stand the test of time! Kind Regards, New Choice Homes

Triplex project

The finished product of three 3x2x2 villa's completed in Greenwood was of a high quality. Pre-start was great and the New Choice staff were extremely helpful with assisting me with colour and materials choices which made things a lot less stressful. New Choice Homes met the time frames and were very helpful throughout construction. I was able to meet the supervisor whenever I requested (within a few days from notice) and I was given informative updates on progress throughout the build.I am very happy with the colours, fittings and finishings throughout the 3x houses. The kitchen appliances and stone bench top are standouts, bathrooms are also great.
My only negatives were the finishing's on some of the paintwork. Due to building 3x houses and conducting a final inspection on all 3x at once I missed a few things I should have picked up. I only noticed it later on when 2x of the houses were up for sale. I contacted New Choice and they sent out a painter to do any re-work on areas I wasn't happy with at their cost ASAP which was I was very impressed with.
All in all I was very happy with the service with the New Choice staff and happy with the end product.

Construction End DateFeb 2018
Hi Luke, We are so pleased to hear that you've had such a rewarding building experience with New Choice Homes and we are glad that we were able to design and build you three villas that you are proud of. We appreciate your honesty and your valuable feedback will be passed onto all our staff. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we look forward to building with you again. Kind Regards, New Choice Homes

Quick and close to flawless!

We had a bit of a bumpy start but that was the bank being a bank and had nothing to do with NCH. From slab down to completion everything was very well planned out with very little wait time in between teams rocking up. As the build progressed we just flew past others building at the same time. Total build time minus the bank screw-up was just over 5 months.
We have built on a rural block with the extra challenges that entails and we had a few minor disappointments which pretty much all came down to us not spotting the problems before signing the contract. An example was 3 phased power not included even though everything was designed for it. If this had been picked by the builder at pre-start I would give NCH 100% score, but with these minor nitpics I will give them 97/100%

Construction End DateJun 2018
Hi Mette & Kim, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. The New Choice team are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your building journey and we wish you all the best as you continue to settle into your new home. Kind Regards, New Choice Homes

Love my new house!

I chose to build my house with NCH as they had a design which worked really well with my small lot size. I was able to easily cooperate with the designing team to make changes to maximize the space and the cost to make these changes was very reasonable (unlike other builders). Additinally I liked the high standard of inclusions within the "select package" rather than having to upgrade items individually.
The prestart and building process went smoothly and the house was completed within 6 months. There were a couple of minor mishaps during the build (wrong shower heads and a tap in the wrong location) which were corrected promptly. I had a building inspector examine the house at the final stage who found nothing more significant than a outside panel above a window which wasn't painted.

I hadn't heard of NCH beforehand and I was a little unsure about building off the plan. I definitely think I made the right decision though, the house looks fantastic and the staff have made the process exciting and stress free. NCH has certainly lived up to their great reputation :-)

Construction End DateMay 2018
Hi Ash, Thank you for your review, we're so glad that we were able to design and build you a home that you are proud of. Here at New Choice Homes our flexibility on designs is one of our strengths, as we believe that clients should be able to make design changes up front, as they please, to ensure that their house design is perfect for them. We're very pleased that you have enjoyed your journey with New Choice and we wish you all the best as you settle into your new home. Kind Regards, New Choice Homes

Best building experience!!

The whole building experience with NCH was fantastic, the quality of the house stood out against the others on the street, it was really well managed and it was so easy to communicate and ask questions, always got a simple answer. I'm so happy with the whole experience from signing up with Lloyd who was so patient! and then with Brooke who was the most helpful person. Couldn't be happier :)

Construction End DateMay 2018
Hi Megs, Wow, thank you for the wonderful review. It's great to hear that you had such a happy building experience with New Choice and we're happy that you found our team patient and helpful in general. Excellent customer service is something that we strive toward, so it's great to have it recognised by our lovely clients. We all wish you many happy years to come in your New Choice Home. New Choice Homes

2nd build with New Choice Homes

Great customer service. From sales and prestart to construction process, they were very prompt and efficient in resolving any issues or queries.
The inclusions and quality of the build were outstanding. There was no major issue found during the PCI; even the small issues were found by site supervisor and we didn’t even noticed them until he pointed out. This is the second time building with them and They did a great job for both.

Construction End DateApr 2018
Hi PEC, Thanks for taking the time to write your review and to provide us with your feedback. It's very important to us to provide our clients with a good quality home, that reflects value for money and all whilst providing good customer service and support, so we are pleased to hear that we've provided you with all of this and more. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how pleased you are with your home and we have to say it's been a pleasure to build for you both times. We wish you all the very best in your new home and for the future. Kind regards, The team at New Choice Homes

Totally fantastic experience.

We bought a New Choice display home and the quality is second to none. I keep finding small details (that other builders do not include) throughout the house. It feels like we have not paid enough for the quality of finish that we have in this home. The minor details just keep giving, from the soft close toilet seats, to the magnetic door stops, through the bi-fold kitchen windows and stacking doors to the audio system and remote controlled feature gas fire, solar hot water, solar electric panels, etc etc etc. The house design flows beautifully and seamlessly connects the large rooms with a sense of space and light, to the outdoor entertainment area. I could go on for a long time about the list of inclusions, quality and attention to the smallest detail, but I want to save some words to describe the incredible service that we have had over the past two years since we bought the property. The New Choice admin staff (Ellen, Melanie & Brooke) are prompt, friendly and highly efficient, (often responding to emails with answers and solutions, within minutes not even hours). Simon Spadaccini and Brad on the construction team have been especially professional in responding to every request for information, updates and organising trades. I get the impression that New Choice Homes treats it's clients in the same way that it's multi-million dollar parent company does and I can honesty say that after building twelve homes in Perth over the past fifteen years, I have not dealt with a better builder.

In short, this New Choice home includes everything that we have ever wanted and dreamed of having in a house under one roof and given the opportunity, I would have no hesitation in building again in the future with this outstanding company. I know that they win lots of housing awards, but I'm surprised that they don't win them all. Great job New Choice Homes, I can't thank you enough for our beautiful home and incredible service, we couldn't be happier.

Construction End DateApr 2018
Hi Paul, Wow, what a review and thank you so much for your honesty and appreciation. It brings us a lot of joy to receive such wonderful praise and your comments will be shared with our entire team. At New Choice we strive to do things differently to a lot of other builders, which means a strong focus on quality in design and excellence in construction, with a team that is committed to delivering exceptional customer service throughout the entire building journey and to have this recognised by our clients means the world to us. Thankyou again for the wonderful review and we all wish you only the very best as you settle into your beautiful new home. Kind Regards, New Choice HomesHi New Choice Team, My real estate agent told me this morning that her daughter is building with you and that she has just done pre-start. I asked her how it went and she said is was very easy and stress free. Seems like a lot of people notice the New Choice difference.

Excellent Build and Superb Service

We have moved almost a month now and we are loving our home every moment. A big thanks to New Choice Home and the great team they have. Our family and friends are commenting what a great home design especially with a limited space of 200 sq meters but Alfie C. did the impossible and gave us what we want an amazing 3 beds and 2 bath house. Kellie S. is very dilegent in her email responses and helpful in our prestart meeting , Brooke P is easy to reach when we have questions and timely in her construction update and our Site Supervisor Phil will explain thoroughly why such actions our being done. Overall constructions of our house is excellent and the build/finish is quality and base on comparison with other builder the costing is affordable. Thanks New Choice Home for making our build easy and less stressful.

Construction End DateMar 2018
Dear Joie, Thank you so much for taking the time to make your review. It was wonderful to read your comments and know that your entire building experience with New Choice Homes was enjoyable, easy and stress free. It's also fantastic to read your comments regarding the excellent workmanship and communication you received from our staff along your building journey. Thank again for your review and we continue to wish you all the best in your beautiful new home. The New Choice Homes team.

Excellent Builder

Thanks to New Choice Homes for making the process of building my first home so stress free and easy. From the initial costings right through to handover, the team at New Choice Homes were friendly, easy to deal with and super helpful. There were only minor issues during construction and any questions & problems were quickly resolved/answered. I would highly recommend New Choice Homes to anyone looking to build and would gladly build with them again in the future.

Construction End DateFeb 2018
Hi Alan, Thank you so much for your wonderful review and recommendation. We really pride ourselves on our customer service here at New Choice, so it's great to receive such positive feedback from our clients. Thankyou also for deciding to choose New Choice to assist you with building your first home, we are happy to hear that we were able to make the whole process easy and stress free for you. Thanks again for the great review and we wish you many years of happiness in your new home. Kind Regards, New Choice Homes.

Hi everyone, I'm a first home buyer thinking of building with NCH and noticed that there's only two 1-star reviews here (though both are terribly frightening). One of them said that their lawyers take down negative reviews. I wanted to know: 1- Is it possible for companies to remove negative reviews? (in that case this whole site would be a scam) 2- What experience have you had with this builder? Pros and cons objectively???? Thanks all for your time :)
Hi, I noticed when I posted my negative review they removed my sales rep name but if it’s a positive review then they keep the name included which is defiantly dodgy. If you deal with them make sure you read everything and don’t get rushed. I’m currently in the process of getting charged an extra $1200 on top of my $1500 deposit even though my finance declined. I confirmed with my rep multiple times if I would get changed any more than my deposit if my finance declined and then now I have been sent another bill.Hi, I have built with them and they were great..not problem at all..very helpful, price was competitive and the quality of the home is a lot better then some of the builders out there..Thanks guys. Both opinions very helpful. Anyone else here who could kindly share their opinion?

Can anyone give me the full contact details for Ross??
Hi Marc, Ross no longer works for New Choice Homes. Can I help you or have have another consultant call you?.Thats ok thanks someone else has kindly passed on his details.

I read the review by Dan titled 'What a Disgusting NIGHTMARE!!! Minus Zero' published on Apr 06, 2016. Has anyone had similar bad experience with the same builder?
Hi Jim Our experience with New Choice Homes was nothing but excellent. We had no problems at all and have been totally satisfied with our house. All the staff were very helpful and professional and always kept us up to date with our build We have no hesitation in recommending them to build your house.Oh Again NHC, What an accusation when we are in the Building Industry and my partner and I can see how disgusting and poor workmanship the work is, all just cut corners!! you can explain Jim, how come the slab had structural cracks every everywhere in house, how come the mesh is not sitting at 3mm as per your Engineer but all are sitting at 10-20mm which a Cover Meter had proven?? Explain to Jim how come all the mortar are not at 10mm as per the BCA and they are all non-compliance??- photos doesn't lie Exlplain to Jim How come the Brick pier that support your Roof is not filled in as per Your Engineer's Drawing and which I've sign on??- Photos doesn't lie Explain to Jim how you end up cutting the wall as the pipe for the slab penetration is in the wrong location as my Engineer stated and myself as all the 3 pipes are in the wrong location and it is a structural issue??- photos doesn't lie Explain to Jim how come the slab curled and doesn't sit on the slab at all and will never as the amount of sand that blew underneath the slab??- Photos doesn't lie Explain to Jim how great you treat and value your clients who are paying thousand and thousand and you said to me incluidng a have a witness, You told me " I'm not building a 1 Million dollar house for me, you are a woman and you got no clue what you are talking, you better shut your mouth and get what your are given"?? But even the house cost $5, you will still be cashing up on that $5 Explain to Jim, how come all the light switches, GPO are most missing and not at the right locations as stated in Pre-start?? Explain to Jim how come the Timber in the roof( the Strut) are cracked and damaged?? Explain to Jim how come the Brick piers are falling off again after second time been done again?? photos doesn't lie Explain to Jim how come there is around 500 chip bricks on the face bricks?? photos doesn't lie At the end of the day, you are free to make your own decision!Typing mistake: Cover meter says 10-20cm when your Engineer's says it should be sitting at 3cm