Philips All-In-One-Cooker HD2238/72

Philips All-In-One-Cooker HD2238/72 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:825631 and HD2238/72
Jan P.
Jan P.

How do you change the temperature setting (low/medium/high) when using hotpot jam or sauce thickening programs? Tried everything I can think of!

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Jan, thanks for asking. We like to see how we can help. We advise you to contact our local colleagues via the below number for further assistance: Call us
+61 1300 80 58 65

Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 17:00 AST

external link

Hope this helps!

Vee

Does the stated capacity (8L or 6L) refer to the maximum amount you can cook in it, when it is 2/3rds full? (As I noticed in the manual it shouldn’t be filled to the top)?
Or would the 6L one, for example, only fit 4L of food when 2/3rds full?

JuneeVee

The stated capacity is the full capacity of the inner pot so yes, in your example, you could fit up to 4L of food in the 6L model.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Vee, thank you for your question and our apologies for not responding sooner. Indeed the maximum quantities indicated on the inside of the inner pot should be taken into account when using the All-In-One-Cooker. The HD2237/72 inner pot has a total capacity of 8L and shouldn't be filled with more than 2/3 full of food and liquid. For food that expands during cooking, don't fill the inner pot with more than 1/2 full of food and liquid. If you have any other questions, now or in the future, don't hesitate to give our colleagues a call at +61 1300 80 58 65 if you live in Australia (Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 17:00 AST) or at +64 800 854 885 if you live in New Zealand (Monday - Friday: 11:00 to 19:00 NST). They're always happy to assist. We wish you a nice rest of the week.

Vee

Are there any differences in the functions available between the 6L viva and 8L viva models? Or is the size the only difference?

JuneeVee

Size is the main difference and, of course the 8L is 1500W while the 6L (2237 model) is 1300W. The functions are pretty much the same but some of the modes have different names. The 8L has only one temp setting for slow cook, the 6L has two - though the higher one is the most used and that’s about the same as the 8L one. Also the 8L, on many of the settings, has variable temperature and pressure levels.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Vee, thank you for your interest in our All-In-One-Cookers! We see that you've already received a response to your question. The capacity of the bowl would indeed be the biggest difference between model HD2238 (8L) and HD2237 (6L), along with the difference in Watt and the HD2237 model having the option to choose between high and low temperature for slow cooking. Model HD2238 also has the following cooking functions: jam and sauce thickening. If you have any other questions, now or in the future, don't hesitate to give our colleagues a call at +61 1300 80 58 65 (Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 17:00 AST). They're always happy to assist. Wishing you a nice rest of the week!

Hayley P.
Hayley P.

I can not adjust the temperature in slow cook mode to low/medium/high? Is it only one setting in slow cook mode

JuneeVee

Yes, there is only one slow cook setting for the 2238 but it’s a good ‘happy medium’. You can choose slow cook, then switch to ‘keep warm’ if you want to cut back to ‘low’.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Hayley, thanks for your question. At the moment this is the only option is the one slow cook mode. The alternative mentioned above by JuneeVee could be a great solution as well!
If you do still have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday -Friday: 11:00 am -19:00 pm EST and 1300 363 391 (AU) from Monday -Friday: 09:00 am -05:00 pm EST. One of our colleagues will be happy to help you out

Lesley
Lesley

Where can I buy replacement gasket seal for my 8 litre all in one cooker

JuneeVee

Statewide Appliances - here: https://www.statewideapp.com.au/philips/pressure-cookers/gasket-seal?ModelNoId=1422360

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

That's correct. :) Thanks for helping out Junee.

Joan T
Joan T

I have an 8 cm high cake tin. Can i put it on the trivet supplied. It means its only just below height of inner bowl

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Joan, thanks for asking. We kindly advise you to contact our local product experts via the below number: external link

Call us
+61 1300 80 58 65

Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 17:00 AST

ihorton
ihorton

I accidentally damaged my multi cooker and had to purchase a new one, so I bought the bigger size. I'm now left with the stainless steel and the non-stick pots for the smaller version and would like to be able to use them rather than just putting them in the bin. Can they be used on stovetop or oven? Could I offer them to someone on this forum who maybe needs a new pot? Seems like such a waste!

JuneeVee

Unfortunately they are not suitable for stove top use.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The pots are indeed not intended for use in an oven, so hopefully you can find someone that can use one. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us through 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday -Friday: 09:00 am -09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday -Friday: 07:00 am -07:00 pm EST.

Nick K
Nick K

Currently the HD 2238 8l comes with a pro ceramic coated pot , Does the 8 litre unit have a stainless steel pot ?

KATH
KATH

I can't for the life of me work out how to enter a cooking time ( not delayed). Was try to make Chilli Con Carne and couldn't work out which function to use. Is there a video tutorial for this model? Can only find other models with different control display. TIA

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Kath, Thank you for taking your time to leave this review for us. Sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve experienced trying to enter the right cooking time. If you could call us on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST, we’d love to see how we can help you further.

Hi
May I ask is the ceramic coated inner pot dishwasher safe? And can it be use to cook on gas stove?
Regards

Osakamoo
Osakamoo

No for both.

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Leona, Thank you for your question, and as Osakamoo has already mentioned it cannot be used to cook on gas stove, and the interior of our All-In-One-Cooker is not dishwasher safe. You can use a soft damp cloth to clean the surfaces in contact with food and make sure to remove all the food residues stuck to the appliance.

In case of having any questions or issues, please feel free to reach out to us directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. We'll be happy to help. :)

Shay

Where is the glass lid? Was it ever there?

I purchased this cooker a few days ago. Haven't turned it on yet. The official product website https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/HD2238_72/all-in-one-cooker/overview clearly mentions a glass lid in the 'Technical Specifications' table but I couldn't find it in the packaging. This was the reason I purchased this model over 2237. Pretty disappointed :(

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi there, Shay. Thank you for taking your time to write this. We're sorry that your cooker wasn't equipped with the glass lid. However, upon checking its product page, and technical specifications we couldn't find any information that the lid was supposed to be included. We're sorry for the inconvenience!

Shay

Here is a screenshot of the line item on the product website: https://ibb.co/LCzGg1G

I'll contact the product team on the number mentioned. Thank you.

jan
jan

HD2238 8L how does it brown the meat. is there a stainless steel bowl option please?

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Jan, thank you for your question. The All-In-One-Cooker comes already with a non-stick inner pot ready to cook. You have different cooking function available to cook the meat of your choice. Chicken/Duck & Beaf/Lamb option are on the pressure cooking function, while for normal cooking you can choose between Sauté/Sear at low, mid or high temperature. The last function is probably the most suitable one if you'd like to brown the meat. You can also have a look at our recipe book for some inspiration! Here it is: external link .

We hope this helps, feel free to let us know.

Geoffrey Parkinson
Geoffrey Parkinson

I recently upgraded to the 8L from a very enjoyable experience with the 6L All In One Cooker. Being an experienced user with pressure cookers I found the 6L to be the best one by far I have ever owned and had absolutely no problems with the unit. Upgraded to 8L due to family size increase. From day 1 I found that the Safety Valve (small round metal unit) would not rise thus I was never able to get/maintain pressure. After persisting for several weeks and trying various liquid levels the problem persisted. I contacted to supplier (Bing Lee) and to their credit they dispatched a new unit. It is now day 3 after the replacement arrived and the same issue persists. Any help would be appreciated as I have previously stated I had the 6L with wonderful results

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Geoffrey, thank you for reaching out to us. First of all, we are glad you and your family are enjoying our All-In-One cooker. Regarding the pressure control valve, if the floater does not rise up after the appliance starts pressurizing, it could be that there isn't enough food/liquid or there is too much. It needs to be just below the indicated minimum level in the inner pot. You need to set the pressure control valve to 'Vent' in order for the floater to drop and release pressure. You could also try to dissamble and re-assemble the pressure regulator with the following instruction: 1 Unplug the Multicooker and turn the lower screw anticlockwise until it becomes loose.
2 Pull it up and take out the pressure regulator.

To assemble the pressure regulator:
1 Assemble the lower screw back to the regulator.
2 Make sure the regulator points at the sealed position and put it back to the steam valve.
3 Turn the screw clockwise until it is fastened.

Do you perhaps experience any leaking from the lid or pressure control valve? Let us know.

Deborah.E
Deborah.E

Is there a manual function on this model or do you have to use the preset functions only?

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

Hi Deborah, our product team will gladly help you with that. We'd like to refer you to our product team for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help. Kind regards,

Get an answer from our members and Philips Domestic Appliances representatives