Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel

Listing monitored by Pope

96 questions from our users

Nicole
Nicoleasked

My hose won’t come out more than 3 meters and the guide thingy is stuck and won’t move sideways. Any suggestions please? Also how long is the warranty please.

Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.asked

My Pope retractable hose has the following issue. Water won’t flow through the hose. I have tried several things. Finally I detached the hose from the tap then attached the end of the hose to the tap. This resulted in proper flow through the hose, but when everything was put back the correct way there was no flow again. This is a most vexing problem. Could you please explain what is causing the problem and explain how I can fix it. I’m a tad annoyed as the unit is only recently out of warranty. Regards - Stephanie.

Luke

To be honest I wouldn’t cop it! Ring Pope or I would take it back! It’s 2 year warranty?

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for your question. Can you please call our Customer Service team on 1300 134 880 as they may be able to help you with this issue?

Annie
Annieasked

I have a 30 metre Pope hose bought for Christmas. It won’t pull out past about 1 metre. How can I fix this problem?

Luke

Take it back and exchange it or get a refund, they have a warranty

Bailey
Baileyasked

My hose won’t retract into the mechanism. Is there a way to retention the hose so that it retracts again.

Sharon F.
Sharon F.asked

There is a leak from the hose inside the cover, how do I stop the leak? I do not know when this was purchased, I do not have a receipt or any bank statements showing when purchased. How do I fix the leak, can I open the cover, if yes, how?

Hi Sharon,

Unfortunately we do not recommend you to open the unit as there are some small parts/springs that could pop out and cause injury. Do you know if the leak is from the hose fitting or the actual hose itself? Have you tried ringing our Customer Service team, as they may be able to advise you on this issue? You can call them on 1300 134 880, Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 5.00pm CST.

Kevin G.
Kevin G.asked

How do you pull the retractable hose reel apart.

Hi Kevin,

We don't advise you to take this unit apart as there are small pieces with springs that may pop out when opening and in some case this could cause injury.

If your auto wind hose reel is not working as it should be, then you can return it for a replacement or refund, if the unit is still under warranty and you have your receipt or proof of purchase (a bank statement if you purchased using a credit/debit card).

You can also contact our Customer Service team who might be able to assist you with the issue you are experiencing. You can contact them Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 5.00pm CST on 1300 134 880.

Best regards,

Alison
Alison asked

I have just had a retractable Pope hose installed. Can I still use my normal sprinkler attachment and how do I stop it retracting?

Roland
Roland asked

I have purchased 2x 30m pope hose reels and connected them to taps. When I turn on the water the pressure pops the hose from the fittings . I have checked the fittings and they appear to be ok but won't hold the hose.
Is there a solution?

Heather D.
Heather D.

I have the same issue, the hose comes off, how do you secure the hose to the fitting. If we could have an answer please.

Patrick
Patrickasked

How do I replace the hose, it has perished in under 3 years and has a small hole in it. I won’t be able to find the receipt but want to replace the hose. Thanks

Frank
Frankasked

Why can't you answer the questions? Most of your responses are to contact the customer services team.
You only seem to be proactive in resolving fittings external to the inner workings.
Is there a service manual available? as talking to someone can't possibly advise any graphical information.
I need to know how to replace the reel to tap fittings and the hose itself, to one of better quality.

John Bryersasked

Hi I too have a leak from inside the reel. I have confirm this by reviewing tap to reel connectivity. How do i open the cover to review and repair if able
John

Hi John,

Thank you for your question. We do not advise to open the unit as there are some small parts inside that may spring out and cause injury. If the Auto Wind Hose Reel is still under warranty and you have your receipt or proof of purchase (a bank statement if you paid by credit or debit card), please return the unit to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

John Bryers

Thanks We have had the hose and reel for over 2 yrs now and i have no idea regarding a purchase receipt. Will just have to try and repair as best i can
Best regards
John

John Schmittasked

My pope retractable hose can not feed back in properly. The hose guide which is supposed to oscillate from side to side remains in mid feed position. When i feel inside i ca feel a “loose” cogged belt that is not driving anything. I guess it should be tirnong the screw that moves the hose geed guide. Is this a handyman fix. If so can you send me an instruction sheet. Thankyou

Hi John,

Thank you for your question. We do not advise to open the unit as there are some small parts inside that may spring out and cause injury. If the Auto Wind Hose Reel is still under warranty and you have your receipt or proof of purchase (a bank statement if you paid by credit or debit card), then please return the unit to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Thankyou for you reply - service is always appreciated. Regards John

peter n.
peter n.

Why don't you answer john Schmitt question? How do repair the oscillator that moves the hose side to side? I cannot find a manual or a part number of the belt that moves the hose. Buying a new one is expensive outlay for an unreliable, unrepairable product.
Peter Nield

Dave B.
Dave B.asked

Have a pope 30 metre retractable hose reel, yep big bucks!! First the 3 hole plastic bracket that holds the reel has broken inside 1st year so made my own out of steel and now the hose reel doesn't stop while pulling it out or retracting, any way to fix this?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your question. Can you please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 134 880, Monday to Friday from 8.00am - 5:00pm CST (Adelaide time)? They may be able to help you resolve this issue that you are experiencing with your auto wind hose reel.

Eddieasked

How to get faulty hose connector from rewind hose

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for your question. However, I'm not 100% sure what you are asking. Would it be possible for you to contact our Customer Service team to discuss your issue in more detail? You can contact them on 1300 134 880, Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 5.00pm CST (Adelaide time).

Eddie

Managed to unscrew the fitting and removed it because all 3 of the white clips had broken off. Not a very durable product.

Eddieasked

fitting on retractable hose has lost the little white clamps

Sarah B
Sarah Basked

The end of the hose (I.e. the sprayer) just came clean off. The hose just dead ends with no way to push or screw the sprayer/nozzle back on. Do we have to remove it from the wall to return it to bunnings or is there a home fix we can do?

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your question. Have you unscrewed the base of the fitting? This video should show you how to change the fitting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97iO5ZXd0NI
You can also contact our Customer Service team for further assistance on 1300 134 880, Monday to Friday from 8.00am - 5.oopm CST (Adelaide time).

Estella
Estella asked

There is water pouring out from the unit..
Perhaps the hose inside the unit has detached or loosened?
Warranty has expired.
How do I fix this?

Tracy B.
Tracy B.asked

our hose will not retract back at all . how do we get it to do that its kind of gone floppy

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for your review and query. Is the hose out all of the way? First, make sure there is no water pressure in the hose. Try giving the hose a gentle tug to retract - this YouTube video might help you (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG4X1QL9Xh0).

If you are still having issues, please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 134 880, Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 5.00pm CST.

Lorraine F.
Lorraine F.asked

My hose is very hard to pull out and when I retract it, it rewinds too quickly for me to control.

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your auto wind hose reel. This should not be the case however. We did release a newer version at the end of 2018 with a mechanism to stop the hose from rewinding too quickly. Usually if you give the hose a gentle tug, it should retract slower than before. We have some 'how to' guides that might help you, (please see URLs below), or you could try contacting our Customer Service team who may also be able to assist you. You can contact them on 1300 134 880, Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 5.00pm CST.

I hope the above helps.

Kylei H
Kylei Hasked

Hi my hose has a blockage and not letting the water through .... I can’t find any kinks in it and it’s still retracting well . There is plenty of pressure from the tap .

Bernie Reilly
Bernie Reilly

I have the exact same problem - all was well for months, then today no water will flow through? PLEASE advise

Hi Kylei and Bernie,

Thank you for your review and I'm sorry to hear that you are having these issues. I have spoken with our Customer Service team to see if they have any solutions. The issue may be with the actual connector at the end of the hose, where the hand spray/gun is attached. To check this, can you please remove the connector from the hose, make sure the tap is turned off before removing this. Once you have removed the fitting, please turn the tap on again. If the water flows through, then the issue is with the connector. You can get a replacement connector from Bunnings (https://www.bunnings.com.au/pope-12mm-comfort-grip-hose-connector_p3130404).

If this is not the issue, then you will need to return the Auto Wind Hose Reel to the place of purchase for an exchange or refund, providing it is still under warranty and you have a receipt or proof of purchase (if you paid using a debit/credit card then your bank statement will suffice).

The Pope Team

Get an answer from our members and Pope representatives

Other Garden Hoses