4Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro

Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro Questions & Answers

Kerrie

Hi all, My pressure cooker is only a couple of years old and probably has been used about 20 times since purchased. Recently, it has started releasing pressure (steam) constantly and take hours and hours to perform a Menu 2 Option for Meats of 35 minutes. I have thoroughly cleaned the pressure cooker including just running (cooking) water to steam clean components and this hasn't worked. Any ideas?

Roh
Roh

I had the same issue on meat mode cooking my soybeans. I hit cancel and while the cooking was complete, I noticed the skins found their way stuck over one of the parts on the top and so i cleared them. Then cooked potatoes on steam mode with no issue. Hopefully it doesn't happen too often. It did happen to me last year once. Glad I don't eat meat these days. Wouldn't want to risk consuming uncooked parasites!

Kerrie

Thanks Roh - I have undertaken multiple thorough cleans to no avail. The meat isn't going to be undercooked because it just keeps going for hours and you can't stop it. Also, you can get quite a few nasties from vegetables as well you know :)

Liz white

Hi do you have recipie book please I'm in the UK and I didn't get one with my machine, is it possible to could put some recipies up on here for me I've googled and I've searched YouTube but found nothing, please I need some help to use my machine, Thank you.

John C
John C

If you go to the optimum website they will send you a pdf copy of recipies.

Liz white

Do you have the details for the website please

Liz white

One last question do you need to put liquid I need when using the Defrost setting please, there is no mention how to use it and I want to use it properly, Thank you .

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Liz, Alex from Froothie Team here. For sure you can access the manual online by using this link external link
If there is anything else I can assist with, just let me know.
I really hope this helps.
Best
Alex

Liz white

Fantastic Thank you so much.

Liz white

Hi I want to roast a whole chicken but the booklet tells you not to use without liquid in it how do I roast a chicken then?

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Liz, you can add some oil.

Here are example instructions for roasting chicken:
In a small bowl, combine paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub seasoning over outside of the chicken
Heat oil in the pressure cooker to shimmering. Add chicken, breast side down, and cook 6-7 minutes.
Flip the chicken and add broth, lemon juice and garlic cloves.
Lock pressure cooker lid and set for 25 minutes on high.
Let the pressure cooker release naturally.
Remove from pressure cooker and let stand for 5 minutes before carving.

Here are more delicious recipes: external link

Hope that helps!

regards
Andrea

Liz white

Thank you but what setting do I put it on ? And what do you use DIY setting for?

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Liz, see manual page 8. MENU 2 for Meats default cooking time for this program is 35min, max time is 2hrs and minimum time is 15mins. ( cooking time can be adjusted for all functions)
So I would first use the minimum setting of 15min, then flip the chicken and add broth, lemon juice and garlic cloves and set for 25-35min on the meat program.

DIY means you can set more settings for yourself

Hope that helps :)

Liz white

Yes thank you very much, can I ask is steam supposed to come out , were the inside pot handles are? I'm a little concerned thank you

Optimum Appliances   DM

I have checked with a technician and he advised that steam should not come out from the handle area. Please ensure you have attached the seal properly. Let me know if you need help :)

Liz white

Hi I've never touched the seal just checked the nut thing I sight which it is, but I have noticed the lid part were the nut is attached is loose , should it be ? Or should it be able to move around even though the nut thing is tight .

Liz white

Sorry for so many questions I just want to know it safe to use, it is cooking things it does come up to pressure, I'm just a bit nervous.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hey Liz no problem at all, anything you need just let us know! I have contacted the technician to double-check. Will be back with an answer :)

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Liz, thank you for your patience. The technician has advised that normally steam should not come out near the handles. It might happen if the seal is not in place or damaged. Please check if the lid is attached correctly and in case you are still experiencing issues please open a ticket here: external link so our technical team can assist further :)

Liz white

Hi there is nothing you can do I'm in the UK I bought here, I've contacted seller and they say no returns so I'm out of pocket and no cooker, I'm so upset because I'm disabled and my big cooker broke and I don't have money to buy another, so there is nothing I can do, the steam is coming out both handles and also the screws in the handles keep coming loose, so it's not safe at all, I'm very disappointed because it would have been fantastic if it worked properly, thank you for your help.

Stephen S
Stephen S

Hi

I recently won this item in a competition i was wondering how i get the e-cookbook? email address is [email removed]

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Stephen, thank you for your message. Please contact our customer service team via email at support@froothie.com.au and they will be able to personally assist you. We hope this helps :)

Soul Gelatin

How well insulated is the product? Is there insulation material in the lid as well as the sides and bottom? I guess I'm wondering how long the food stays warm in the cooker with the power off for efficient cooking, as well as how hot the sides get.

Alec Mudie
Alec Mudie

The sides do get fairly warm during cooking. There is insulation around the machine for safety but not like a Thermos.

Soul Gelatin

Thanks for the intel Alec. :)

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Soul, better late than never :) Everything is well insulated. You can also touch the sides of the Pressure-Cook Pro while cooking and you can feel that it is warm and not hot, because it has a minimum of two layers of insulation. With induction heating, it heats directly from the bottom of the pot.

Hope that helps!

Bluewombat
Bluewombat

Can you get a stainless steel bowl for this pressure cook pro? I currently have a New Wave multi cooker. Would it’s stainless steel bowl fit in this cooker?

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hi Bluewombat, please accept my apologies for the delayed response. Seems this question was missed somehow. Due to the Advanced Induction Heating Technology employed by the Pressure Cook Pro it is not advised to use any other bowl than the one which came with the appliance. The bowl is designed to conduct the electric current and generate heat through the electromagnetic field that is generated.

Hope this helps :-)

Kerrie Hancox
Kerrie Hancox

How do I remove the Safety Lock I have tried everything?

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Kerrie, thank you for your message. Please contact our technical team using this link external link and they will be able to personally assist you. We hope this helps :)

Vegecook
Vegecook

My optimum pressure cooker pro does not cook. I turned on cooking and it starts heating bit flashing EE on and off. At the end soup has not been cooked.

What can I do ?

Mir
Mir

The error messages are listed in the manual , but there is no mention of EE

With the exception of E0 ..... uncover knob is not switched to the closed position..... Solution turn knob to closed.

All other error messages (E1,..........E7 ) suggest Contacting Customer Support. Warranty information is on page 13.

Hope this helps

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear of the issue you have reported. Please contact our technical team directly using this link external link and they will personally assist you. We hope this helps :)

Carolyn

If a recipe says to pressure cooker the whole beef brisket for 60 mins, what function do I use in the multicooker?

Lynne in the Sun

Hi I would use Menu 2, Braise. If you contact support@froothie.com.au they have a few recipe books they will send to you by email. I have found these books very useful when determining which function to use.

Juice Queen
Juice Queen

HI. I would use "Meats" as this will cook using pressure

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Carolyn, thank you for your message. As mentioned by Lynne in the Sun, you can email our customer service team at support@froothie.com.au to receive copies of the recipe books. We hope this helps :)

Shirl
Shirl

Has anyone had a problem with the lid lock jamming half way? Mine is jammed tight and I can't use it at all. It was fine 2 days ago when I last used it. Took the plate and seal off to clean and now can't close the lid and lock it to cook in it.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Shirl, thank you for your message. We are sorry to hear of the issue you are reporting with the Pressure-Cook Pro. Please contact our technical team using this link external link and they will be able to personally assist you to have the issue resolved ASAP. We hope this helps.

Cathy

I received my Induction Pro yesterday but could not find the rice paddle and ladle there isn't any recipe book where I can follow to make such as pizza or yoghurt for a start. I hope to hear from you soon as I am eager to use this new pressure cooker. Thank you.

Regards

Cathy Yong

Lynne in the Sun

Hi Cathy I received most of the accessories but did not find a measuring jug in the box. I contacted the distributor who sent one out to me. They can also email you a recipe book too. You can reach them on support@froothie.com.au. They respond pretty quickly.

Cathy

Thank you Lynne in the Sun, the support have acted quickly so I will be receiving them in the mail soon. Good service!

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello Cathy and Lynne, thank you for your comments. We are glad to see that the issue has been resolved promptly :)

Philip R
Philip R

Hi

Can you sear meat in the cooker before slow cooking or pressure cooking?

Lynne in the Sun

Yes, I pour a little oil into the pot, close the lid, and choose Deep Fry. I usually adjust the temp to 185 degrees. After a while the oil is hot and you can add your meat for searing. Once nice and brown I then discontinue the Deep Fry and choose Slow Cooking (I have not used it yet for pressure cooking).

Don mc
Don mc

When searing leave lid open but turn the handle to lock then deep fry option you can sear , just did slow cook brisket browned in pot , 2 cups stock brown sugar and a good slurp of hot sauce, 2 onions , season the brisket prior to searing, 4 and a half hours on slow cook high, a great result, will do again and probably use 2 cups of apple and ginger juice as stock. Season the meat well, can't go wrong

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hi Philip, better late than never :-) First off, please accept my apologies for the late reply. It seems this question was missed.

As Lynne correctly pointed out you can use the Deep Fry function and heat up a bit of oil in the pot and afterward place the meat in to get it nice and seared. You can afterward switch to Slow Cooking and get the dish you want :-)

It is not advised to turn the handle without having the Lid properly set in place as this goes against the safety warnings in the manual.

Hope this helps and if there's anything else I can help with don't hesitate to reach out to me here.

MoggieW
MoggieW

Can you please advise me of the weight of the product please?

We are travelling in our caravan and as I have arthritis in my hands..weight is an issue.

Many thanks...

Petrice F
Petrice F

7.5 kgs

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hi MoggieW, Petrice, better late than never :-) First off, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply. It seems this question was missed.

Luckily, Petrice did an amazing job and helped you out with the info you needed and we are very grateful for that! Indeed the Pressure Cook Pro weighs 7.5kg

If there's anything else I can help you with do not hesitate to reach out to me here :-)

Appliance Queen
Appliance Queen

HAs anyone tried out the slow cooer and deep fryer functions? If it does have a true deep fryer function does it allow you to chose the temperature?

Lynne in the Sun

You can choose the temp and timing. Maximum temp is 185 degrees. It does not appear though to let you know when it has reached that temperature which I find a little annoying. I usually just open the lid and drop something in the oil, if it sizzles it is probably the right temperature.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hi Appliance Queen, better late than never :-) First off, please accept my apologies for the delayed response. Seems this question was missed somehow.

The Pressure Cook Pro has the preset functions for Deep Frying and Slow Cooking that have been fine-tuned by our engineering team to provide the best results while keeping safety as a top priority.

If you feel the preset functions are not getting the job done you can always use the DYI function and set the temperature and timing to the values that fit your exact needs.

Hope this helped and if there's anything else I can help you with don't hesitate to reach out to me here :-)

Danmar home

I have had mine for 12 months now and have done 1roast in it but not confident using it as it doesn't have a manual or recipe booklet can you please help?

Jeansdaughter

There is a PDF recipe booklet available that has recipes demonstrating all the cooking methods. Perhaps Prestige Appliances can help to make the link easier to find? It is buried in the middle of the text and needs to be highlighted.

Danmar home

Thank you but I still can't find it and good idea on suggesting prestige make the link easier to find

Ruth
Ruth

You can email them support@froothie.com.au but all you will get is recipes but no real insight into how the thing works - I have been trying to get a handle on it for ages but not a lot of helpful information coming thru as yet - good luck!

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hi Danmar, Ruth, better late than never :-) Firstly I want to apologize for the delayed reply. It seems this question was missed somehow.

As Jeansdaughter mentioned above, and I thank her for it, there is a recipe book available on the site and I will also share it here for easier access: external link

Also, you can find the product manual in a digital version at the following link: external link and an awesome review + recipe video from one of our partners external link

Hope the above was helpful. If I can help you with anything else, don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Jackie

I have just received my optimum induction pressure cooker which I'm very excited to start using but because I have never used a pressure cooker before i am vary unformilur with the cooking process and was wondering if you have a cook book for this appliance?

Many thanks Jackie

Jeansdaughter

Hi Jackie, there is a link to a PDF cookbook on Prestige Appliances site. It's a bit hard to identify but about halfway down the page you'll find a reference to recipes. Click on that and it links to the downloadable cookbook. It has recipes for most of the functions with several that use multiple functions in one recipe. I found it helpful to get me going. Good luck with your cooker - I'm very happy with mine.

Karen in Tasmania

Jackie

Thank you so much for the information Karen, I will have a look this afternoon, I know any information regarding the cooker will be a great help.

Very much appreciated. Jackie

Very much appreciated. Jackie

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hi Jackie, better late than never :-) First off, please accept my apologies for the delayed response. It seems this question was missed somehow.

Not sure if you managed to find the cookbook so here's a direct link for easier access: external link

Let me know if I can help with you anything else :-)

banditeer
banditeer

Just wondering what type of inner pot this has, I see Non-stick coating on the website but it doesn't specify what type and doesn't specify if it's ceramic etc. Any problems with the non-stick coating coming off, this is why I'm looking at replacing my current cooker.

Optimum Appliances   DM

Hello, Thank you very much for your message. We use the American Whitford 8088 and 8089 which is a very hard and durable material.

We hope this helps :)

Kez
Kez

Can you send me a PDF copy of the recipe book?

Keran Parsons

Optimum Appliances   DM

Thank you for your enquiry :) We can certainly send you a copy of the recipe book in PDF format. Please contact us at support@froothie.com.au and we will email it to you :)

RACHY

When is the recipe book being sent out to the buyers?

RACHY

No thankyou .i am wanting the hard copy

RACHY

Also want a reciept in paper form not email

Get an answer from our members and Optimum Appliances representatives