MPNs: RF56J9040SG/SA and SRF717CDBLS

Great looking fridge and works well so far!!

I have had this fridge for almost 2 years now and it seems to be working good so far. Sometimes I hear some noises coming from the fridge like some ice cubes dropping from the inside, and sometimes the noise is quite loud in the night. Shame about the energy rating which is 2.5 stars. Samsung could have definitely tried to make it a better energy rated fridge, considering this fridge is not cheap!!!

Purchased in September 2017 at JB Hifi Home.

Noise Level

Too many issues for an expensive fridge and poor service

We bought this fridge as we don't need a big freezer compartment and the ability to have different temperature zones was ideal. The fridge worked great until the ice maker died - 3 times. Each time it was a time consuming process to get the ice maker repaired.

The first time it was fixed I was told it was a known problem and it should be fine now. It stopped working a second time. Then a third all within 12 months. I spoke to Samsung and asked for a refund or a new fridge because I could see them fixing it until it ran out of warranty. They took my request and said someone would be in touch in 48 hours. No call. I called two more times and it was as if the previous calls had not taken place.

I had enough so I lodged a complaint with them. Try doing this on their website. Good luck if you can find an email address. In the end I had to 'Chat' with someone who gave me a link which did not work - then they gave me another - more time spent on something which should have been easy.

To lodge a complaint was also not straight forward and the form was complex and not intuitive. More obstacles. By this stage I realised that most people would give up as you really need to be determined to get this far and I only did due to the cost of the fridge.

Then I lodged a complaint with NSW Fair Trading. They give Samsung a month to respond. Samsung advised them that my fridge has been repaired and if I wanted to have it assessed again then it would cost if there was no issue. Huh? Yes it is working for now after 3 repairs already. What happens the 4th time?

So the advice I received was that if I wish to pursue the matter further I need to take it to the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal. I feel like this is part of the strategy, exhaust and frustrate the customer until they give up. I have spent many hours on this already and the next step will require more time including taking time off work to go to the tribunal.

I have no confidence in this company or their products. Lesson leant.

Purchased in November 2016.

I’m really sorry to hear of the experience you've had so far and that we didn't meet your expectations. If you wish to discuss this further, our best point of contact is to send us a PM on Facebook with a copy of this review and some more information. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

Good design except for ice-maker

Overall a great, flexible appliance silent in operation, however the ice-maker freezes/jams . We had the complete ice-maker replaced after 6 months because of this by a Samsung technician although it jammed again 2 weeks ago. This time we could at least get the compartment out to de-ice, dry and re-install. Two weeks later, it has jammed again although this time we have contacted Samsung and await a service technician to see why the problem persists.
Reading other reviews/comments, this appears a design fault - there's too many occurrences for this to be a user-related problem and hopefully Samsung will come up with a permanent solution.
We like the Samsung brand & products, a major factor in our deciding to buy this fridge though we may have erred here.
Warranty expires in 6 months and this is a great concern to us - hopefully they will accept out of warranty complaints on a design problem.

Purchased in April 2018.

Terrible process for warranty claim and bad quality

Bad quality, don’t buy it! Slow process for warranty refund or replacement. Bought the fridge around 1 year and 10 month ago. The compressor has problem now, really large noisy, cooling system not ok now.Samsung sent repairer to check, and it is unfixable as there has gas leaking found. Ask for replace, saying will be contact by Samsung within 2day, didn’t happen, and need to tracing up myself. After that, Samsung told it can be refunded, but take 21-30days, and the picking up will be arranged. 21-30days, how can I survive with a faulty fridge for nearly one month? No food at home for one month??? Feel it is a simple thing for them to do the refund, how it can be that long? and they didn’t think from the position of customers at all. So frustrated.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $3,250.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Thank you for reaching out to us. We’re sorry for the experience you have had so far, and would like to look further into this for you to come to a resolution. Could you send us a PM with a copy of this review and some more information? https://www.facebook.com/SamsungAustralia/ Mick Samsung AUYou can check the case ID 4283221676, the case officer said it depends how quick is the courier to pick my faulty fridge, but take 21-30days. I also need to fill in a form to Samsung. Still haven’t sent to me on time as promised. Ridiculous 21-30 days!!! ask a courier picking up can be that long??? The Samsung case resolving team doesn’t do their job efficiently at all.Hi Becca, we recommend for you not to provide your personal details publicly on our forum. Would you be bale to send us a private message to the link below instead? Please ensure to copy and paste your review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Jo Samsung AU

Great Fridge

Awesome Fridge. Not only does it look great in a clear coated black steel but it works beautifully. The height of the fridge section is perfect and it's shelving is adaptable for any taller objects that you want to keep in the main section. One of the freezer sections can be used as a fridge and can also be used for a quick freeze. The chrome sections on the handles can be a little difficult to keep clean but that's a minor setback. All in all a very nice fridge.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys.

Not worth the Money

Fridge stopped working when it was 2 years and 3 months old. All of the contents of the fridge were ruined. Samsung not very helpful. Very apologetic but that is all.

Purchased in February 2017 at Harvey Norman for $3,749.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)
Thanks for reaching out to us, we’re really sorry to hear of the experience you've had so far. We’d be more than happy to investigate further into this – Our best point of contact is to send us a PM on Facebook with a copy of this review and some more information. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

only 2 cups of cold water

I recently bought the fridge and the cold water come out from the fridge is only 2 cups of cold water after that I got the normal tape water not a cold water. Is this a normal behavior of this fridge model? what is the size of the water tank inside the fridge?

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi MG, this sounds like something our Technical Support Team can assist you with, you are able to contact them at your earliest convenience on 1300 362 603. Jazz Samsung AustraliaHi Jazz, The technician came and told me that the internal water tank is only 1 litre and is located beside the water filter. so disappointed to know that it is only 1 litre size.

work well

It's a very nice refrigerator. It was very quiet and there was no noise at night. I highly recommend this refrigerator. I go to shopping twice a week and put all the fruit and vegetables in, it stays fresh and works well. Very easy to clean. I like French doors. The fridge and freezer are big. I highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

WORK WELL

This refrigerator has a good interlayer design, which can store different types of food. The refrigerating effect is good. Both the freezing and fresh effects are good. The refrigerator door opened and closed easily. I like the design of this refrigerator. This product is reliable and worth recommending.I like it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Samsung fridge french door srf717cdbsl

Bought fridge Feb 2018 now 6mths in have noise from back of fridge which l believe is the motor. Rang Samsung service dept at 9.30am yesterday, only to be told that couldn't be repaired on the same day because it is contracted out. 48hr service. Wednesday a technician will out. FRIDGE LOOKS GOOD, easy to clean. Inside side compartments to small, don't fit much. My advice don't buy it. Still have my old LG fridge in garage that works perfectly. Samsung service appalling. Not worth the hassle if you have a fault as l just found out!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Do not buy this fridge there are faults.

2 weeks old, water ran out the bottom of the fridge, then had it serviced and found out it had a recall on parts already prior to me buying it and service agent replaced all defects and still trying to find out the original problem. Do not buy this fridge.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Couldn't be happier

Sensational Fridge/Freezer. Love having the fridge at the top and freezer compartments at the bottom, so much more functional. Cant fault this fridge, nothing I would change! Absolutely love it. Easy to change temperatures with touch controls on the fridge door. Heaps of room inside, lovely wide shelves, and adjustable to suit your needs.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

How fridge is a dud!! Third ice maker tomorrow

We have had this fridge a little over a 18 months and will have the ice maker replaced tomorrow for the third time ! Really getting sick of this the service agents tell us Samsung are aware of the problem but just keep replacing the ice maker ! Apart from that the fridge is ok but if your thinking of the black stainless finish be prepared to clean it every day at least as it shows every mark, the salesman advised us it was easier to clean than the stainless steel version so not true. Probably after all this I wouldn't purchase a Samsung fridge again sick of it being fixed it should have been replaced by now !

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Nice looking fridge

Really like this fridge. Love the colour & the section that can be changed between fridge and freezer.
Only negative would be the noise. The ice machine is very loud, especially at night. I often hear the sound of the ice dropping into the tray
Overall it is a great fridge for the price

Date PurchasedJan 2018

It’s good

Really good fridge. The colour is amazing very stylish. Have 2 young children it doesn’t shower finger prints. It’s very quiet.
Cons;
Fruit and veg compartment is very small.
When the fridge was a week old the freezer broke down and all items were thrown out. Then started working again.
Water tank takes a lot of room
Needs to be plumbing
Pros:
Bottom left side of side of the fridge can be used as a fridge or freezer . Adjustable shelves.

Highly recommend

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great

This is my first time using samsum fridge. I was attracted by its apprerence, very simple and elegant, matching perfectly with my decoration. And it functions very well too, always keep a good temperature an all compartments and most of the time it is quite. Also, easy to clean with extra big storing space

Date PurchasedNov 2017

A well deserve upgrade for our new home.

This product is perfect for me and my family. Very nice design and nice color. Nice to have 4th drawer for either fridge or freezer. Very quite and very easy to clean. What I love most is you can fit big cake or big tray of food inside the fridge. 2nd is to have on demand ice and an ice cold filtered water.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Looks good and very functional

Loving this fridge. The four doors make it very accessible and it’s got lots of space and fleixibiltly to fit things. It’s very quiet and a big bonus is the bottom right section can be used as a fridge or freezer. It’s perfect for drinks!
A couple of things to consider:
The colour isn’t as ‘black’ as I’d hoped especially when you put it next to black cabinetry. It’s gunmetal grey which looks light in a bright room.
It does shows fingerprints and marks where you open the doors (it’s handleless) but they are easy to clean off.
It’s very heavy so consider how you’ll get it to the final destination. We struggled getting to the second level!
Also, I’d like an egg holder but I’m sure this can be purchased as an extra.
We haven’t hooked it up to water so can’t comment on the ice maker.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Very stylish and practical as well.

Versatile shelving setup. Very quiet operation.
Cold water and ice making very handy.
Like all fridges, cleaning can be a challenge as far as shelves and baskets are concerned. Beats me who designs all these ridges and bumps!
No problem maintaining cold temperature in both fridge and freezer.
Unlike some other French door fridges, this one is all fride up the top and all freezer down the bottom. However, the compartment on the bottom right can be changed from freezer to fridge. Very handy at times.
Also came with $300 cashback from Samsung. Bargain!!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Fashionable, space efficient and convenient!

As compared to my old one, this item is fashionable, space effficient & convenient. The exterior look is simple but elegant. Exterior ice and water dispenser is very convenient. This item has more than enough space to hold foods for a family of five for a week. Also, drawers have an adjustable temperature which I can convert or use as freezers or fridge for meats, fist and cold nuts. overall, it has a good quality although it is a bit expensive.