Sharp R350YW / R350YS

Sharp R350YW / R350YS Questions & Answers

R350YS (Silver) and R350YW (White)

35 questions from our users

Lyn

Lynasked

R350YW (White)

How do I set the clock on my Sharp R350YW Microwave?

Pamela D

Pamela Dasked

How many litres?

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Pamela, thank you for your interest. We encourage you to contact our customer care at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question. They will assist you accordingly.

sue.lesmond

sue.lesmondasked

R350YW (White)

My sharp invertor microwave is only 4 months old and the light globe has blown.I can't work out how to access the globe in order to replace it.Any ideas?

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Sue, we have responded to your question as well in the other post. We encourage you to contact our Customer Care team either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this issue. Our customer care team will contact you to assist accordingly.

Zouki

Zoukiasked

Hi ,
I washed my Microwave inside with wather and dish soap, then I heard a big noise !
The microwave doesnt work anymore ! Do you think its the fuse ?
Myriam

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Zouki, Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question so that our team can troubleshoot and assist in resolving the matter.

Dawn

Dawnasked

R350YW (White)

My door has a scorch mark on it, is it dangerous to use? The white around the interior of the door is scorched, and where it connects on the door is also scorched.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Dawn, If you could please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au,our team will assist you accordingly.

Steve
Steve

That sounds like something that's worth getting a technician to check out. Also to make sure that it will still function as intended

Noel D

Noel Dasked

R350YW (White)

The outside body gets too hot to touch. Should we return for repair? Only 6 months old. Thanks.

Lee-Ann Stevens

Have you phoned the store where you made the purchase? I would suggest doing that first as your microwave would be under warranty.

Hi Noel,

We are concerned to hear of your experience and would like to investigate. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 533798, a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Silby

Silbyasked

R350YS (Silver)

What is the quietest and most reliable in the larger capacity microwaves (35 to 45 ltr)?

Hi Silby,

Thank you for your question. In regards to your question, we encourage you to contact our customer care team by phone on 1300 135 022, our customer care team will be able to assist with your question.

Julieasked

R350YW (White)

I'm really struggling with this microwave, whenever I try to heat up a serve of lasagna, I cover the plate with gladwrap and today gave it 1 minute on 2 power and once again the gladwrap ends up melting into the food, I can't tell what is sauce and what is plastic. A cup of milk either scalds or needs a couple of goes, help. I just can't seem to get it right. What am I doing wrong?

george6750
george6750

Try the "reheat dinner plate" setting and cover with a paper towel, not gladwrap.Perhaps the "reheat soup" setting will help with the milk problem.
Hope this helps.

Hi Julie,

Thank you for contacting us. If you could please send your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au, our customer care team will be able to assist and guide you accordingly.

Julie

Okay if I cover with a paper towel then I lose the sauce, the paper towel will soak it up. I did try however putting paper towel over the gladwrap, and did use the dinner plate setting but still had nuked gladwrap.

John

Johnasked

R350YW / R350YS

Is there any way to brighten the lcd display? R350YW (White)

Hi John

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately you are unable to increase the display brightness on this microwave. If you do require any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us via ccare@sharp.net.au.

Tess

Tessasked

R350YW (White)

Why do microwaves need a cooling down time when something is only heated for 10 seconds. It takes 3 times as long to cool down than to heat up. This was never needed tears ago.

Busy Mum
Busy Mum

Thanks for your question Tess. I don't know. It seems to be something to do with the inverter technology. Although my last Panasonic microwave had inverter technology and it didn't cool down. The Panasonic lasted about 10 years. It still goes, but the door latch broke. A few people on this forum have been complaining about their machines burning. Perhaps the inverter technology gets hot and this is the manufacturer's attempt to avert this.

Hi Tess,

Bilby
Bilby

I would treat it as a safety feature in that it allows the food to settle a little first before a person takes it out to eat. On a lot of microwave dinners it recommends not pulling away the plastic for a minute or two before opening (don't ask me how I know that) : P

Zell

Zellasked

R350YW (White)

how do I turn the cooling off?

Flower
Flower

Sorry - I don't know!

Hi Zell,

In regards to your question, all Convection and Inverter Microwave Ovens have the cool down function to ensure longevity of the Convection/Inverter components. Hence, you will not be able to turn off the cooling function.

Lee-Ann Stevens

Why would you want to turn the cooling function off?

nettyasked

R350YW / R350YS

My 1989 sharp carousel still works perfectly but just lately my turn table won't turn. Is there something I can do to fix it? It has moved from country to country and has been good to me. If I was to buy a new one then what size by volume is the same? Mine is about 60cm wide & 38cm high and has pink,blue and grey buttons on the side panel. Everything is original and in good condition with the exception of the outer white coating being yellow, which I guess from the shipping containers and on the inside just bits of paint missing. I must of got the best one on the market back then.

Hi Netty,

Judith L
Judith L

Have you removed the turntable tray?do so-put a cup of water in & start without the turntable.If the center piece moves,problem is because the turntable is not being grasped by the center of the oven.Superglue worked for me for a long time with this problem.
Other reasons-Turntable motor may need replacing especially after years of service.Control panel may be defective.Be sure turntable & wheels are clean.
After 28 years I think a new microwave is needed.
You have the old reliable Sharp-I would by recent experience NOT go there-Harvey Norman treated me well with constant replacement of (3) Sharp no power-whereas other retailers have returned for repairs & you have no oven for weeks.I now have a Panasonic Model Number NN-SF574S & Its terrific-I live in fear of what happened with the Sharp.My Panasonic-Doesnot call me with 5 beeps every few minutes time is finished-Doesnot "cool" for a minute after every use,even if only used 10 secs.Does the job.

Panasonic beeps 5 times at end of cook cycle & shuts up.Cools occasionally & never has excess moisture left dripping inside.Cost--Bargained at $197.00-There's cheaper-but --longevity-ease of use-peace of mind,is worth a little more money.

netty

Thank you. I will try those options first before buying a new one. It still does everything really well except turn. I think if I can fix the turntable then it will last another 28. Years

Anth

Anthasked

R350YW (White)

Why does the Microwave have a 30 Sec instant cook start button like 95 % of micro Wave have just to heat soap or Cereal, 1Min is to long and will almost boil the cereal, I can always press the button twice if I wanted a high powered minute? Very annoying without the 30 sec option

from Anth

Hi Anth,

Thank you for your question. All Sharp Microwaves instant cook settings have been programmed to automatically heat for 1 minute at high. As this is programmed into the microwave, you will need to manually set a time for 30 seconds.

Gaurav

Can you please tell instructions to change the time from 1 minute to 30 seconds for instant cook setting. I went through manual online and couldn’t figure out that steps involved. Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Cheryl62

Cheryl62asked

R350YW (White)

My microwave shows nothing on the display panels It only works on instant heat Do you think it is broke?

Dear Cheryl,

Avalon

Press Info/Timer above the START button & follow the prompts. Sometimes pressing STOP/CLEAR first is a good idea.

DebraWasked

R350YW (White)

I have just purchased this microwave and I think I must be using it incorrectly? The time for cooking different foods seems to quick ? If I put in 90:00 it like its only 9 minutes long and the food is not heating, I think selected "Hard Vegetables" to cook some Broccoli and it came out uncooked.....what am I doing wrong ??

Hi Debra,

Thank you for your question. It sounds like your microwave may be in “Demonstration Mode”, page 19 of your operation manual will provide details turn this mode off. If you have misplaced yours, you can obtain the operation manual at http://support.sharp.net.au/downloads/opmanuals/R350Yom.pdf. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at ccare@sharp.net.au.

DebraW

I have just been back to Harvey Norman's where I purchased the microwave and have been told it was "Dead On Arrival" and that is why the timer was not working correctly. They will replace the microwave immediately.

carol_darwin43

carol_darwin43asked

R350YW / R350YS

How can I clean the inside of my Microwave oven. The oven usually gets a wipe out after cooking and we try to remember to cover food that could splatter like roasts but after about a year I can see the oven is looking a bit sad. I have read about potions you mix and paste on the oven and leave overnight but I do not want to go down this option because of the holes in the oven surface - I can not see how you can cover the oven with a paste and not get gunk in these holes. HELP please. Sharp Carousel Convection Model R99ok(s)

Dear customer,

We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question, so that a member of our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

Avalon

I use Fridge Vanilla. It leaves a lively smell or just hot soapy water will do the job. I clean up any splatter straight away so it doesn't cook in & get hard.

cris

crisasked

Hello there,
I have this Microwave just past one year and the in line fuse gave up. Just want to inquire where to buy replacement fuse?
Thanks,
Cris

Hi Cris,

Could you please send us your contact details to ccare@sharp.net.au? Please mention CRN 509195 in the email, so a member of our team can assist you.

Hi Chris

No I'm sorry I don't know.
I don't even know if the fuses can be replaced.
I assume Sharp Customer Care will be able to tell you that.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Regards

Beksta
Beksta

Jaycar have all the fuses you require... Beksta

jb16

jb16asked

R350YW (White)

what is an inverter on microwave and what does it do ?

Philip
Philip

It increases the power of electricity I believe

Hi jb16,

Thank you for your question. If you could please send your contact details through email to ccare@sharp.net.au, a member of our Customer Care team can assist and answer your questions accordingly.

pricey74

pricey74asked

R350YW (White)

I previously had a sharp carousel which lasted almost 15 years so decided to purchase the newer model as a replacement. Definitely not the same quality!! I bought the new model 18 months or so ago and noticed a mark inside the panel where the door closes. I thought it was a small paint chip so didn't think too much more about it, but now have noticed it is actually a burn mark and the inside of the door is melting so obviously it's not safe. Also I've noticed sometimes the food comes out super hot and other times it's lukewarm. The door also has a crack in it along the bottom and the top inside panel is blistering. Most disappointed as I was adamant I was buying a superior quality product. Is there any way of getting a replacement?

Cate
Cate

I'm afraid I can't help you with that, Pricey74 - I am just a consumer who bought a microwave! I think you meant to post your question to Sharp, but it has come to me. Cheers!

Hi Pricey74,

We are concerned to hear of your experience and would like to investigate. If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 507367, a member of our team can assist and work towards achieving a satisfactory resolution for you.

Hi Pricey74,

We are following up on your case as Customer Care has not received contact from you. If you wish to obtain support, please do not hesitate to contact us via the details provided above.

Lou

Louasked

R350YW (White)

I have R350YW that is 1 year and 17 days old! It have died! How much warranty has it got?

arnaud
arnaud

Unless you took out extra warranty, i believe it's 12 months for manufacturers warranty. Check your receipt or ask the shop where you bought it

Hi Lou,

Thank you for your question. We encourage you to contact Customer Care either via email at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022, referencing this question with your CRN 505847, so that a member of our team can troubleshoot accordingly and assist in achieving a resolution for you.

gazzav
gazzav

12 months Manufacturer's Warranty but lot longer under Australian Consumer Laws. If they don't come to the party under reasonable use then contact your state Consumer Authority or ACCC.

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives