• Build Stage

donkey

donkey

An incredible experience!

Construction End DateMarch 2021

Slow progress and no communication

I do regret going with smarthome..
12 weeks wait for building contract to be ready , 4 weeks wait for prestart appointment after sign the Contract and 14 weeks wait for the slab to be poured and 3 weeks wait and still no date set yet on when the brick laying starting. All I got told is you on the bricks laying list..
7 months already past after mortgage approval and building contracts sign and in limbo .
I got my land before my neighbors and her house is almost done .
Totally not happy with them and i do not recommend BGC/smarthome to anyone out there..

Hi,
Could you please send through your job number so we are able to look into this further and escalate your complaints to Senior Management?

A slow process

Heading into the building boom we thought building with a branch of BGC would offer us a level of security not offered by the smaller building companies. Instead we are now 3 months post our slab being poured with still no sign of brick work commencing. We have had friends whose slabs were poured the same day as ours who are already having their rendering and lock up done. All we get told when we complain is that we are ‘on a brickie list’ which doesn’t really answer our question because if you’re building a house I expect everyone to be a on brickie list- the two go hand in hand. I cannot believe the delays we have encountered and in hindsight wish we had built with another company, at least we would be ahead in the process now.

Hi,
Smart Online Team.

Our build number is 2014643. I’ve been complaining to our consultant for weeks so I’d be surprised if your escalation achieves anything.. alas I am happy to be surprised, for a change.

James H.

James H.

No customer care, dodgy

Should have called quits from the start.
Our salesperson had to keep doing the contract again and again. As price kept rising and things missing.
Promised under roof insulation never got it.

Skimped out on quality on the build. Cheap labor.
No communication between the office and supervisor.
Year later still waiting for repairs to be completed.
Stay clear from this company.

Construction End DateDecember 2019
Smart H.Smart Homes For Living

Perfect, but after sales service is Bad!

Smarthome did a very good job with the time line and building. [name removed] help me alot on the process. He’s one of the proactive people who give the input. I’m happy with the prestart and all the other things.
To cut short the story. They have change my Liason 3 times and the reason I write this review. I need to keep chasing the 3rd Liason on paving problem and no follow up from them. I’m feel unhappy on after service they provided as it’s been 2 weeks when I wrote the review and I haven’t get any proper feedback.

Kirsty

KirstyPerth, WA

Cannot recommendation smart homes for living enough, great experience

Construction End DateJune 2021

Hi Kirsty,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear you have had an amazing experience so far with the help of Omar, Sarah & Zak. We can't wait to build your dream home!

Clarky

ClarkyPerth, WA

Woeful - a NIGHTMARE really

Construction End DateOctober 2019

Above and beyond!

From the moment we walked into the display home in Lakeland’s and met Gordon Robinson he took us under his wing, he took everything we wanted and designed our dream home.

After many headaches with the block and finance, Gordon continued to literally go above and beyond by getting our building contract back within 6 weeks, sorting out the technicalities to get the home to meet its valued price and always answering our endless calls with a friendly voice!

He is personable and so so values us as an individual and not just another number.

Thank you Gordon!

Smart H.Smart Homes For Living

Highly Recommend Smart Homes For Living!

We were apprehensive about building after a few bad experiences from other builders. Our sales consultant was Gordon who was brilliant and an absolute asset to Smart homes. We told Gordon our budget and our apprehensions, nothing was too hard and he made sure our home came within budget and the process was stress-free. Gordon worked with us step-by-step going out his way to ensure our experience was a positive one. Every person we have dealt with at Smart Homes has been wonderful; they are always pleasant, professional, and prompt in their responses. We were also impressed by the range of standard inclusions and were delighted by the vast tile range. We highly recommend Smart Homes for Living for your new home.

Peter and Jay

Peter and JayPerth, WA

Terrific design and build

Construction End DateAugust 2020

No More Referrals..

I m really happy with whole construction process and quality of work.. and I referred few friends too.. They are pleased with whole process.. Unfortunately I didn’t any referral award for one build due to a negligence of sales person based in Margaret River.. Even my friend found hard to deal with him. (Not provide things as promised, not accepting mistakes, not flexible as other sales staff etc.. ) Luckily my friend was able to get $2000 referral included in his contract.. I couldn’t get mine even after contacting previous SW general manager.. Hope service would be better with new management.. But I m not referring any friends to you guys..

Construction End DateNovember 2017
Hasitha R.
Hasitha R.
Joanne

JoannePerth, WA

I will Build with smart homes again!

Construction End DateAugust 2020

Fantastic home fantastic builder

We Built the Empire with Smart homes for living and could not be happier. Our family built in Madora Bay south of Perth. Our sales Rep Omar was amazing and very knowledgeable / friendly / and went out of his way to make sure we were happy and well informed, thanks Omar.

Great house of the highest quality. We needed to sell a property before we were able to build, Let me tell you the build was the easiest part of the whole process, even with the worlds current situation with Covid 19.

My sister and her husband built the Empire recently, and that is what inspired me to go with smart homes for living, they are equally impressed (different area, different staff members)

Thank you Again Smart homes extremely impressed.

Construction End DateJuly 2020
Brittany

Brittany Perth, WA

Helped us build our first family home!

Couldn’t recommend Smarthomes enough! We had Omar as our sales rep and he was amazing throughout the whole process. Told him what we wanted and how much we wanted to spend, he made sure the house was prefect! And managed to get it under our budget.
Lisa our pre-start lady was absolutely lovely and helped us with our colour choices and what upgrades would best suit our family.

The building process was great and fast even with covid restrictions! We will definitely be building again with Smarthomes

Thank you again for helping us build our first family home!

Construction End DateJuly 2020
Smart H.Smart Homes For Living

Built dream house with Smart homes

After decided to build house that wasn't easy job to find good builder. I spent almost 6month only to find builder. Have to compare the price and quality with all builder in WA and finally I found only one company that makes me satisfied. With Gordon Jones, he changed the design for me whatever I want, whenever I want and sometimes he gave me a great idea as a senior consultant. And doesn't any extra cost money to change design. I been told many of my friends, building house so stressful. But At least with Smart Homes, I can say it's best exiting experience ever. Now I'm living in my dream house even pay less money when I rent house. Thank you Smart Homes.

Construction End DateApril 2020

Hi Joe & Kate,
Thanks so much for leaving this lovely review! We're over the moon for you both, especially that you're now paying less than you were in rent. What a win. We wish you all the best in your brand new home.

Find out how Smart Homes For Living compares to other Home Builders

Fantastic experience and smooth build

We started our build through Emily, who was extremely helpful and flexible, and she helped us find the perfect home for us! She gave us some great advice and was always organised and willing to meet to help us plan the layout.
Was a very quick build, only about 4 months and it went very smoothly, although we didn’t receive many updates about the build from our client liaison until towards the end, which was a bit of a let down.
Some of the work did seem a little rushed towards the end, particularly in regard to paving, but everything else looks amazing and when we asked if a few things could be touched up and fixed it all turned out absolutely fantastic!

Overall, a very positive experience without too much hassle at all.

TeAhu

TeAhuPerth, WA

Changed my mind about building

Me and my partner built a home with Jeremy and smart home team that made it exciting and easy process. I had my doubts about building after my brother built with another company and had so many troubles. Highly recommend smart homes with my home looking and finished very professional. The build was fast and to a very high standard. Thank you

Has Hasni

Has HasniPerth, WA

Best customer service and non pushy

Orla

OrlaPerth, WA

Exceeded all of our expectations

We dealt with Jeremy who from the start set us at ease as it was our first time building and going into the property market. He gave ideas about the house design and what would suit our style of living. Without these tips I do not think we could have achieved what we have. The house exceeded any expectations we had. The build went literally without any hitches. We were invited twice to have official walk throughs with the supervisor and he explained everything. We were blown away by the level of support from start to finish. Thank you

Georgia L.

Georgia L.Perth, WA

stress free first home building and buying

We build our first home with smart homes and we don’t regret a thing! our friends told us that it is a very stressful time how the entire process with smart homes was stress free! we had numerous people throughout the build helping us and answering questions. when a small issue arouse e.g wrong doors delivered, it had already been fixed before we knew. our brand new house only took 4.5 months!

Construction End DateFebruary 2020