3Spectra 9 Plus Portable Double Electric

Spectra 9 Plus Portable Double Electric Questions & Answers

Emily K.
Emily K.

I love my spectra 9 plus but I didn’t realize it was portable because ever since I’ve had it, it only works if it’s plugged into the wall. It has a blinking empty battery life and won’t hold any charge! Is this a problem with my battery or the cord or what?

Andrew F.
Andrew F.

Spectra 9 plus doesn’t want to turn on the when in charge just vibrates

Spectra   DM

Heya! I believe we helped you yesterday with this. :)

Obaa D.
Obaa D.

Hi my spectra s9 pump is showing 100% when plugged but dies when when unplugged. What is happening? Help with solution

S. Lockhart

Good luck, they have terrible customer service on any faulty products. You won’t be getting any money back or a new pump. This happened to mine.

Spectra   DM

Oh no Obaa, if you could message us support@spectra-baby.com.au we will see how we can help for sure. We will keep an eye out for your message.

Shyla Lockhart - so sorry, but your challenges were not covered under warranty, as your damage was caused by using the incorrect adaptor. Unfortunately this will damage the pump. :(.

Rebecca
Rebecca

Hi - I have a used S9 and it’s been working well for the past few days while I’ve been on vacation. Tonight after 25 min of pumping it lost suction and the only sound is a quiet click click click. The click rhythm doesn’t change between massage and expression modes and it’s a lot quieter than when the suction is going. It’s doing this while plugged in as well so I know battery isn’t dead. Any ideas?

Spectra   DM

Hi Rebecca, there is definitely something wrong. So sorry to learn this! We will need you to complete a warranty claim with us so we can determine the next steps to get this resolved. If you contact us directly, we will get this sorted out for you right away!

S. Lockhart

They will definitely say you’ve done something wrong and no warranty is available, be prepared :)

Spectra   DM

Not at all Shy; this is a genuine warranty claim...

Rosanne W.
Rosanne W.

Hi, I got this breast pump from a friend who was highly content with it. When I wanted to use it for the first time the vacuum wouldn't release. So it sucks one time and then gets stuck in the vacuum. I've tried everything. Any idea what can be wrong?

Spectra   DM

Oh no! This sounds like the suction regulator has become damaged. :(

You would be best to message us directly to see if we can help with this. :)

Jessica G.
Jessica G.

I was gifted one of these pumps and I love it! Recently I noticed that when I went to charge the pump the light didn't go on. I tried another outlet and the pump sounds and feels like it is trying to pump, the face light will flicker, and the pump is getting warm. It won't turn off unless I unplug the unit. What's going on?

Spectra   DM

Hey Jessica, oh no! If you shoot us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au we can help figure this through with you for sure.

I will keep an eye out for your message so we can sort it out asap. :)

Spectra Team

Jazel Joy G.
Jazel Joy G.

My spectra 9plus I have been using for 1 month , suddenly unable to charge then , and it turn off , What will I Do ? Please reply thanks

GlenP

I've managed to dissassembe one and found that the battery had bloated and is no longer usable. Needs new battery

Sarah
Sarah

Hi, I was just wondering at how the warranty works if purchasing before bubs birth - I am looking at buying one next week which will be about 3 months before I will start to use it?

NikonGirl
NikonGirl

As far as I know, the warranty starts when you buy it.

Mohamed F.
Mohamed F.

My Spectra s9 plus will auto off after 15 mins. Batt shows 2 bar. When on again, can only pump for few seconds. After few hours, able to pump again for 15 mins. And start the same issue. Any idea what went wrong?

Battery is stuffed

Jeremy L.
Jeremy L.

Hi, my wife has been using spectra 9 plus since our 1st baby. However our unit currently has no suction. The machine turns on and makes the usual sound but no suctioning and no movement of the membrane. Even if we increased the vacuum level to 10 , suctioning cannot be felt even after we removed the tubing. How do we go about it?

GlenP

There is tubing on the inside. That tubing is likely to have separated from the pump.
You can remove the single screw on the unit by using a Torx T10 driver. Needs to be a long shaft tool as its designed to prevent repair.
The white foam on the ends is sticking it together. Pull off one piece of foam (try the power socket end) and you should be able to get into the internals.

Paige C.
Paige C.

Good morning, I have been using the Spectra S9 for almost a year now. It has worked perfectly. Yesterday when I went to turn it on, it would not work. I thought it must be dead, so I plugged it in and it worked. When I was finished pumping, I kept it plugged in so it would be fully charged the next time. The next time I tried to use it with a full charge, it would not turn on unless I had it plugged in. It still works perfectly if plugged in but this is not possible all the time for me. I need to pump without it plugged in. Any suggestions or thoughts on what could be going on?? Thank you!

Steph W.
Steph W.

I’d say the rechargeable battery has died. How old is it? I don’t know if spectra would replace it or if you could buy a new battery for it

GlenP

This device is designed to be difficult to repair taking a leaf out of the Apple playbook.
The battery you require is a 7.4v 850mAh Li-ion battery. If you can get a replacement one for under $25 you are doing well.

Ashley L.
Ashley L.

I've had my spectra 9 plus for 9mths now. when I pumping and I try to go past suction 4 it all feel the same and it really not pulling the milk out the breast. Any help?

Spectra   DM

Hey Ashley, sounds like your shield kit parts are due replacement. We recommend replacing them regularly to avoid suction loss which can affect your pumping needs, or impact on your output.

If you send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au, we can let you know which parts need replacement and how often, depending on your use. :)

Miranda C.
Miranda C.

I’ve had my Spectra 9 Plus for just under two months and as of about 2 weeks ago, while pumping, it will stop having suction, however it still sounds like it’s trying to suck. I’ve checked all my parts and reassembled the kit and it is still an issue. When it stops having suction, the back flow protectors don’t move either. What can I do to fix it?

Spectra   DM

Hi Miranda, not sure if you have replaced your shield kit parts at all? You should probably check in with us by sending a message to us at support@spectra-baby.com.au so we can see a video of what is happening, and understand more about the care and use of the pump and parts so we can help you get this sorted out. :)

Jamie G.
Jamie G.

Hi,

My wife recently accidentally dropped our spectra 9+ in the bath... I have pulled it apart, dryed with a cloth and hair dryer, is there anything else I can do to save it? It was only a few weeks old and has been a savour for our Bub.

Spectra   DM

Hi Jamie, oh no! I am sorry to hear this. :( We would not encourage people opening up and playing with electrical equipment I am afraid. :(

If you contact our Customer Service Team, we can chat to our technician and see if he thinks this is something that would be worth trying to repair. :)

Our email is support@spectra-baby.com.au

I will keep an eye out for your message.

The Spectra team

Liz
Liz

I’ve had my pump for 3 months now, it was charging and pumping fine but I was pumping earlier today and it ran out of power. I plugged it in but it’s not charging. It’s plugged in properly and I’ve changed outlets, yet still nothing. Why is this?

Darci Y
Darci Y

Can milk get into the actual pump? I was pumping and heard a funny sound and looked down and noticed milk was in the tubing. I quickly took the tubing off, but am afraid milk got into the Spectra 9 plus itself. Any ideas? It seems to still be working fine.

Spectra   DM

Hi Darci, thanks for your question. You sure can get milk in the pump itself, and that is usually caused by using the pump without backflow protectors, or not ensuring they are dry before use. :( If you have milk in the tubing, there is a high likelihood their is condensation at least in the motor casing. :(

This does void the warranty I am afraid.

It might be a good idea to contact us so you can explore if there is a way to help you with a paid service to see if the pump can be saved. :)

You can message us at support@spectra-baby.com.au. I will keep an eye out for your message. :)

Lishan N
Lishan N

When using usb charger, the battery sign is flashing though the back light is still on. the suction is interment. What's the reason?

Bettyb
Bettyb

I am using spectra 9 plus with free me cups and noticed that some milk has gotten into the first part of the tubing but not through the backdrop protector. Can the tubing be washed if so how? thanks

Anna
Anna

It's pretty strange for milk to get into that section. I used to get condensation and I would swing it around to get the water out. You want to avoid getting mould in them as that can contaminate the milk I think. You can try wash it but I'm not sure if it'll degrade the tubing. Ask spectra? Or maybe order a replacement? Or maybe just cut off the section with the milk in it and stop using the free me cups?

Amy Corob
Amy Corob

I have the Spectra 9 and have been using it for about 2 months. Today it won't turn on to

Pump. It's showing a full charge and the backlight is lit when on the charger, but nothing happens when i turn on the pump. What can i do? It's my portable pump for work and i need it.

Spectra   DM

Hi Amy, sorry to hear about your pump. :( I would recommend you contact us directly at support@spectra-baby.com.au with your serial number and a video that demonstrates what is happening, and we can see how to best help you.

I will keep an eye out for your message. :)

Best

Shelby S
Shelby S

Hi. My Spectra quit suctioning all together. I've checked everything and it's the motor itself. What do I do to fix it?

Claire
Claire

You can get is serviced. If it's still under warranty it should be for free otherwise you pay about $80. Message them on their website.

Spectra   DM

Hi Shelby, can you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au? We are able to help people with suction issues get pumping pretty quickly with some troubleshooting 95% of the time. It is usually always the shield kit that needs parts to be replaced - namely the valves and backflow protectors. :)

If you have those spare parts, try them. If your backflow protectors move when the pump is turned on, it indicates it is not the pump, but the shield kit parts that need replacing. :)

I will keep an eye out for your message so we can help you.

Best

Spectra team

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives