Stihl FS 85 / FS 85 R

12 questions from our users

Albert Tuuta

Albert Tuutaasked

FS 85 / FS 85 R

can you show me a more detail digram ofthe stop button and throutle trigger and attachments in thehandle

Zac S.

Zac S.asked

FS 85 / FS 85 R

can it take chainsaw mix

Donasked

2 Stroke

John B.

John B.asked

FS 85 / FS 85 R

How to change cutting cord

Barry W.

Fuel mixture

Albadol D.

Albadol D.asked

FS 85 / FS 85 R

Does made in brazil fs 85 same quality of that made in Germany?

Ricardo Mike

Ricardo Mikeasked

FS 85 / FS 85 R

What to do if can't start?

Gregg

Greggasked

FS 85 / FS 85 R

How do I add cord to my F85?

Kevin.E
Kevin.E

Which head are you running?

Pete

Peteasked

FS 85 / FS 85 R

Stihl fs 85 is this a 2stroke?

Drew t
Drew t

Hi pete yes this machine is a 2 stroke

Jodie from Jindy
Jodie from Jindy

Hi Pete, yes it is 2 stroke. The Stihl shop gave me a super deal on its oil to mix with the fuel.
This certainly doesn't take away any power.. 5 months in and I'm still living my new brushcutter. Makes my job a lot easier!! J

ian

ianasked

FS 85 / FS 85 R

Why does my 25cc older model cut our after 5 minutes running, I have replaced spark plug?

Jon30
Jon30

I had a similar issue. Check the fuel filter (it can get gummed up). Also check the fuel delivery nozzle in the carburetor....use an air gun to clean it out. And of course make sure you use a fresh fuel mixture. Hope this helps.

Wayno
Wayno

After 5 mins the coil is heating up an giving you intermittent spark. Sthils do this comonly. New coil with cdi built in $95 au or $20 from hong kong or china 1/2 weight but both work sweet try check spark when it stops in night time. Need extendedlead cause of plastic casings. Bet it doesn't spark when it stops