Stihl FS 90 / FS 90 R

12 questions from our users

Howie

Howieasked

FS 90 / FS 90 R

What is the difference between the FS90R & FS91R models?

Tratty

As far as I can see the fs91r has a different choke mechanism, and a larger fuel tank

Chris Lasked

Is the fs 90 r a 2 cycle... Whats the fuel type

Tratty

The fs 90 is a four stroke engine, but by some jiggery pokery it is designed without a sump, you must use 2 stroke fuel, 50 to 1 if you are using Stihl oil, if you use it without 2 stroke oil it will die in short order.

Tratty

I have been using mine for years just clean the air filter and away you go

Chris L

Thanks buddy... But i can use regular 2 stroke oil as the same??? right???

Dave

Daveasked

what is the Z on a FS90 RZ ? brushcutter

.Caleb's repair

.Caleb's repairasked

FS 90 / FS 90 R

How do I find timing marks on crank and valve gear?

Jason M.

Jason M.asked

FS 90 / FS 90 R

Did anyone on here by fs90r new? If so do you know what the price was when purchased? I'm looking at a used one but was unsure of what the actual purchase price was. Thanks in advance

I think I paid about $500 it is a great machine put fuel in it and away it goes

Coby

Cobyasked

FS 90 / FS 90 R

Do the FS 90 and FS 90 R have the same head if you need to replace?

Ryan G.

Ryan G.asked

Why was it discontinued?

Bob H.
Bob H.

What is useful life of fs90 without rebuild. Normal life i.e. striming grass 1hr a week.

Martin F.
Martin F.

we`ve had ours for 8 years, apart from having it serviced twice, haven`t touched it, prob slightly more use than you (not used commercially). stars first pull, reliable / powerful, also use ours with the chainsaw head, and hedge cutter...
would buy another one.....

Scott Sayaseng

Scott Sayasengasked

FS 90 / FS 90 R

What is the difference between fs90r and fs90?

jwheat65

The FS90R has a loop type handle, the FS90 has a "bike" type handle.

Jim

Jimasked

FS 90

Do you use mixed fuel since it's a 4 stroke?

jwheat65

The FS90 has a "4mix" motor. This is a four-stroke motor that uses two-stroke fuel. The motor has no oil sump and uses the oil in the fuel for lubrication.

Niecey52asked

FS 90 / FS 90 R

Can you get parts for a Stihl FS 90 AV brushcutter?

Khyal Gordon
Khyal Gordon

Parts are readily available from a stihl dealer, machine is no longer in production but because it was so popular there's tonnes of parts

Niecey52

Sorry Khyal Gordon, but we have tried several Stihl dealers and have been told the brush utter is too old and no one has the part any more. It is still in pristine condition and my husband is disappointed that he can't get the part he wants.

Kelly Mewes

Kelly Mewesasked

FS 90 / FS 90 R

II would like to know what the price range is for a new STHIL FS 90 Brush Trimmer is?

Tratty

I have had that brush cutter for some years now , I am very pleased with it, but I am sorry I haven't a clue what I paid for it

Bob Ruddell

Bob Ruddellasked

FS 90 / FS 90 R

What is the petrol/oil ratio for the Stihl FS90, 25:1 or 50:1?

ritalin