Suzuki Baleno EW

Suzuki Baleno EW (2016-2020) Questions & Answers

Also referred to as: Suzuki Baleno EW 2019 and Suzuki Baleno EW 2021. GLX, GLX Turbo, GL

5 questions from our users

Diep T.

Diep T.asked

EW GL Automatic

Does it have timing belt or chain?

LDB
LDB

Hi Diep T, I’m not a mechanic so don’t feel qualified to answer your question, though no doubt the cars have some sort of timing mechanism. Maybe ask a mechanic or a Suzuki dealer?

bignoux.philip.a
bignoux.philip.a

Hi Diep, I contacted the service department from Suzuki (Blood Suzuki in Geelong) where I purchased the vehicle and they said..... it has a chain and indicated it didn’t need to be serviced. I hope it helps answer your question. I a not a mechanic and don’t know the complete in’s and outs of the engine.

Alison

Alisonasked

I have recently bought a 2019 Suzuki Baleno, GL, auto. It is going for it's 1,000 km service on Monday. I had to have sensors cleaned in the engine/transmission within 2 days of buying, it is extremely hard to get into reverse from park grinding & jerking badly as it goes into reverse, it does this 3-5 times before it will go into reverse smoothly, it goes up & down the gears while maintaining constant speed like it doesn't know what gear it wants to be in. the Speedo is out by 5 k's. The brakes rub badly when slowing up to come to a stop & when slowly creeping into a park etc. I'm extremely disappointed with this car & feel I should ask for a full refund. Should the dealer refund my money? ( I paid in full, no finance)

Wandi S.
Wandi S.

my brakes does that too. like a screeching noise which i think its from the drum brakes at the rear. one month old too and its kinda annoying

TheWarden

TheWardenasked

Anyone have a GL with manual trans? Just curious how it performs at hwy speeds ie how many rpm at 100kph. Thanks

Rose

Roseasked

Can’t connect iPhone using USB port. Sometimes it works straight away, most often it doesn’t even register at all, so cant even charge my phone whilst driving. I mentioned it at the last service and they said they updated the system but it hasn’t really helped. Just don’t understand why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Bizarre. Anyone else had this problem?

glen
glen

Contact your Suzuki dealer, they can fix it if it’s still under warranty

john miller

john millerasked

How do i fix front driver's seat -started to creak when I move in it. Seat back noise is near air bag. Was fine until car came back from its second service. Very annoying spoiling a great car. Is this a warranty issue as car only just over 2 years old? Baleno 1 litre sz4 boosterjet. 2017 model UK.

Rusty
Rusty

You yourself do nothing.It is a warranty issue.to me anyway.Can't say any car i have owned has done this..My wife's car doing the same.i will politely take up with them at second service.

Get an answer from our members and Suzuki representatives