Tefal Secure 5 NEO

MPN: P2534438

10 questions from our users

VVE

VVEasked

When closed, does it seal properly? My new one has a significant degree of movement after it clicks closed of a few mm? It seems it is not closed and I wonder whether to return it.

Kat75
Kat75

It’s quite normal, no worries. When the temperature gets hotter, the seal will be tightened up.
Cheers

kgl61

Mine is not super tight. It's all about sealing as the pressure comes up. It sometimes even leaks a little near the catch as the pressure builds up.

Mona

Monaasked

Tefal secure neo 5 6 litre , china and france
Is there any differences in the quality between that was manufactured in china or France ??

Jane D

Jane Dasked

Can you safely can low acid vegetables in the Tefal pressure cooker 5 neo 8L? My altitude is 10psi.

Greg

Gregasked

I have had a 10 litre Tefal pressure cooker for 20 + years, loved it, wanted a smaller one as well. The Tefal secure neo 6 lit has been a frustration device with the gasket protruding through the safety window, leaking steam and causing the pressure cooker to lose its liquid, and boil dry. I have lubricated the seal with cooking oil, and it seams to be in good condition. I'm about to chuck it and buy another brand.
Greg G

kgl61

I have had the neo 5 for quite a few years now and love it. Just bought one for my daughter, it is exactly the same. No problems at all

Kris M
Kris M

The silicone gasket they provide is too small. We've always had pressure cookers and while I think this is a good product if the seal doesn't fit properly it doesn't "pressure cook". We used an old rubber seal from another pressure cooker and it provides a good seal and presto it works but it isn't a permanent fix as they don't last forever. Someone should tell Tefal this as it might stop a mass return of their product which is actually good.

Kazz

Kazzasked

Were do I order replacement seals for my pressure cooker

Zohra M.

Zohra M.asked

Hey, i just bought the tefal pressure cooker 5 neo 6L. I used it for the first time so when it got pressure the steam was coming out from the (valve A )throwing water and food particles as the steam should come out from the steam vents. Is there any problem with the cooker.

kgl61

Did you overfill the cooker, or perhaps use too much liquid? There is a maximum fill level inside the pot. Also you should only use a maximum 2 cups of liquid.

Nathan
Nathan

From the manual: return the operating valve (A) to the veg/chicken icon, wait a minute and then slowly turn the operating valve again to the steam release position, ensuring nothing else spurts out.

Georges Tourneur

Georges Tourneurasked

The lid is stuck.
How do i open it?

Mara

Maraasked

How wide is the pot? I need a wide pot with a wide base, not a tall narrow pot. Would this be good for me? The diameter measurements of both the 5L and 8L versions would be terrific!

kgl61

Hello, 8L pot with 23 cm diameter and 20 cm high.

Virgolaasked

Hello,

I have bought a Secure Neo 5 pressure cooker and I am having issues with it. I followed instructions and went online as well to try to find if I was using improperly.
The steam from the pressure cooker comes out of the Pressure indicator but never from the steam release outlet. Therefore, it never reaches pressure.
Has anyone had this issue? Thank you.

Regards,

Virginie

Kath
Kath

This pot definitely has a learning curve. I have found it burns easily and so use it more for stocks and soup recipes. If you can control your stove at an instant that would be better. Check your seals are in correctly and call the tefal customer help line - youtube is also great. Good luck and best wishes.

Hello,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is indeed a learning curve. I used it again and worked perfectly. Will keep trying. Thanks.

joan.se.10

joan.se.10asked

Hi can anyone advise if the pressure needle rises up (like older models pressure cooker) when pressure is reached, or the "needle" doesn't rises up, and it's the pressure indicator just turns red, so you have to look into it to check if it turns red? thanks!

kgl61

On my model the pressure indicator is a red button that pops up and seals a small steam vent.

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives