Telstra Gateway Max

Telstra Gateway Max

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Best router i have used until the day.

I have now been using this router for around 3 weeks and it is serving the purpose nicely. The interface for use is very easy and the number of ports are enough for the use for lan of 2 devices. Also, the range of this router is pretty good. Also, the setup is very easy and so anyone can do it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Strongly recommend and is great and reliable!

I got this modem with my Telstra subscription and it is the best modem that I ever owned. The set up was a breeze as the modem came pre-configured and all I had to do is turn it on and connect. The connection is stable and it never drops out. My old modem use to drop out at regular intervals. The bonus is the mo is NBN ready.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Made in Vietnam !!!

This modem was installed 16 months ago with the NBN package to my home. Thought i would get more out of it before breaking down.
The brand new one lasted four hours before i had to get Telstra tech`s involved in why it kept going off line, not a happy camper.
Gerry

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Never have any problems

The model Gateway max is so efficient, never have any issues. Would recommend this product very highly, has good range and fast and reliable. We have had it for over a year now and everything seems to run smoothly, never lets anything interfere with the internal workings. Telstra modems are good.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Pretty good - decent range and speed

I've had this for almost 2 years now, and I am quite pleased to say that it was definitely an upgrade over my previous Telstra gateway, providing much better range and speed, especially since it's dual-band now. It was definitely not worth the price, about $300 when released, and you'd be better off negotiating with the Telstra staff if you've had their service for a while. It is also a lot more reliable, however, it still may suffer a very occasional hiccup which then requires a restart. Other than that I don't think I can complain much about it at all.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Average - WIFI does drop out at the extreme end of the house

This modem came, as part of my bigpond cable package. Modem works fine, except there are some drop outs at the very extreme end of the house - this appears to be inconsistent - not sure what the issue is because if I move 2 meters closer to the modem all is okay and it reconnects immediately. Fast consistent speeds all throughout the rest of the house, barring this extremity. I wouldn't go out and buy this modem if I had the choice, based on the dropout performance.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Rubbish router

Got this router from telstra as a part of the NBN deal, absolutely rubbish. Randomly drops out for no apparent reason and telstra blames my computer (which was doing fine on ADSL) then blames on the network cables. Don't know if its the modem or the company but stay away!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Very good WiFi signal in both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands.

This modem / wifi router does the job very well, however the gateway interface isn't that great and starts to slow down and needs to be rebooted if you access it a lot. The wifi works fine, great speeds and great coverage in both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands. Device is a little bulky so doesn't look good.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Best value NBN FTTN modem

Very cheap and solid performing modem router device for nbn FTTN. I bought mine from Gumtree for $20.Can also be used as a modem only (i.e bridged mode) with other routers. Wireless performance is good too - have 4 devices connected without dropping. Good for a backup device for testing.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Required upgrade via warranty replacement

Had this modem for about 1 and a half years. It occasionally switched off or reseted itself without any notice. I did not realise that it was faulty all this time so I followed up with Telstra later down the line and the technician who visited suggested that I get a replacement because occasionally modems distributed may be faulty, as they are mass produced and randomly selected then tested.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Average product, average price, average satisifaction

You get what you pay for. Which is not exactly a bad thing when it comes to the Telstra Gateway Max. It gets the job done at a mostly reliable rate at a very acceptable price. Sometimes it has its issues, but on the whole it isn't a bad modem. It's good at the limited things it does.

7/10.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

The router is fine for Telstra network, but almost useless for other ISP

The functions are strictly restricted to Telstra, when use it for other ISP, most powerful function, like DECT phone, are not operational. However, for Telstra, this router is totally powerful, most functions are configured automatically. The wireless signal can fully cover my town house, include the small garden, also part of the garage.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Very good

This is easy to set up and although I had a couple of issues, everything seems to be resolved now and I can't imagine my life without it! NBN would be great but it doesn't seem as though my area has got that installed yet but no worries we can just live with how slow it is.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

The modem is good, but not state of the art

This modem is good, but it is not the best out there. It works fine but has poor range. We live in an old house with thick walls and it requires an extender for a short distance. It came with our Telstra contract and has not failed or required a service yet. It is easy to use and set up for someone who knows modems.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Works fine

I bought this from an advert on Gumtree, it was in as new condition. Simple to install, has 4 Ethernet ports and dual band wireless. Occasional dropouts, maybe due to being in a rural area, but that does not happen often. A very good, reliable modem. Can take a little over a minute to start (I turn it off at night), but they all take a while to boot up.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Almost perfect

upgrade to NBN July 2017 had to get this as new router due to old one not compliant.
Easy hook up and good signal strength throughout house
Takes a long time to reboot if NBN signal is lost,(go make a cup of coffee)
Usually have up to 5 people accessing at one time and no noticeable problems
stands upright, looks like part of the furniture

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great router

Recieved as part of my previous internet connection is a very good router and i cant fault the performance never had an issue with it and would highly recommend it to anyone seeking a reliable modem that wont let u down u wont be disappointed with this product ever also delivers fantastic speeds

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Not the best modem out there

This modem takes a while to restart when it drops out - which with Telstra NBN is regularly. Not impressed at all.
The set up is simple enough, but keeping all lights green is tricky and when it’s out it’s out completely. Think a stronger modem would provide a more robust experience.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Excellent modem

So simple to set up and super fast. Never drops out or has any problems and I always have at least four devices connected to it. Good range in a large house. Definitely my favourite modem I've ever used, would definitely buy again and I recommend it to everyone I know.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Excellent speeds, but reliability is sloppy from time to time

Using the Netgear cable version (C6300) - it's a bit pricy for what it is, but it's a worthy upgrade for an ageing modem router. Having upgraded to the Speed Boost pack, this is a great companion to fully take advantage of it - I get consistent 100mbps download to AC devices. That said, every once in a while, Telstra will push a dodgy firmware update to them automatically, and reliability goes downhill until the next update is provided, meaning you'll have to reboot time and again to ensure continuous access, which is incredibly annoying. That said, when it works, it works spectacularly.

Date PurchasedJun 2015