Volkswagen Polo MK5.I 6R

Volkswagen Polo MK5.I 6R (2010-2014)

• Acceleration / Power
  • Features
  • Comfort
RMF

RMFSouth East Queensland, QLD

VW Polo cosmetically great, mechanically poor.

Noise Level
ConsumerOz

ConsumerOz

Great car

Brilliant little go-cart.
Perfect for running around town but also super comfortable for long trips. Easiest thing to park. Great "go". Lots of fun. Responsive steering. Nothing went wrong mechanically in 6 years after which we updated to new model.
Loads of space. Huge boot - couldn't believe how much we could get in the boot. Deceptive in size. Lots of leg-room for a little car. Quality finish inside and out. I have no idea why people buy toyotas or mazdas at the same price when they now have such cheap finishes and are less practical.
Reliability +++++

Badge81TSI Comfortline
Date PurchasedDec 2012
ethan

ethan

Great fun but sensible car!

Engine Size1.4 Turbocharged & Supercharged
Date PurchasedAug 2018

Jess

JessMelbourne

Great little fast car

Great to drive and very low cost to run. This fantastic car is the best I’ve bought so far. The service VW offer is very good too. Although they are expensive you get warranty on al their work. I bought the car second hand but it’s in great condition and drives well

Date PurchasedNov 2017
jme

jme

little car that is a pleasure to drive

although it may look small on the outside, the inside is quite spacious for a person that is 6ft. it is really good on petrol, only 6L/100km which saves me alot of money in the long run. it handles really well in all conditions, even off road. the inside is very luxurious and feels alot more expensiv than it really is. the speaker system works better than most other cars i have been in.

Badge81TSI Comfortline

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Mia U.

Mia U.

Love it!

Bought this second hand car a year ago and its still drives like a dream! It's a 2012 VW Polo TDI with the sports package and comfort package with panoramic sunroof. People mistake it as a Golf all the time... AND YES DIESEL! It has not failed me at all, even after the emission recall. Its zippy, practical and comfortable for city driving. Cannot fit five adults though - very crammed! Other than that, I am going to be keeping the car for a long while :)

Date PurchasedSep 2016

BwatirSydney, Australia

Dissatisfied POLO

Tan

TanVictoria, Australia

Warning!! Please do not buy this car!!!

MissyR

MissyRMelbourne

Love my little red polo

My car is the 12.5 model and I've never had any of the issues people are talking about. Done 80000 kms. I think vw must have fixed the DSG problems in the older models because my car has never skipped a beat and I've done a lot of kms. only thing I can say is I guess all cars have the odd lemon, mine is great! Very happy! There will always be negative reviews online, time to even up the odds.

TransmissionDSG

Great quality economical run about.

Happy Customer

Happy CustomerSydney

Best car to date

Have had my VW POLO 1.2 tsi comfortline for 20 months and 31,000 km and the car has not a single problem to date - even after a minor collision - resulting in a small dent in the bonnet - there are no rattles or squeaks. The car does not use any extra oil - other than the regular oil changes. There are enough VW dealers not to worry about servicing. I feel sorry about the relatively few people who have had bad experiences but looking at the number of VW cars on Sydney roads there are many many happy VW owners.
Seats comfort styling economy power engine sound handing

Volkswagen 77 Tsi with a lemon #2

Worst car I've owned

hillbilly
hillbilly

Hello, which model of car is this one?

monnnnn
monnnnn

it was the 2010 tdi model

Dna

DnaBrisbane

Polo 77TSI

rob77

rob77Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quick and zippy, but at what cost?

We wanted a brand new little performance hatch so decided on the gti polo, what a little weapon, but a few months in, oil consumption was terrible, it goes back to the dealer roughly once every two months. now the air-con stooped working, cruise control plays up, and indicators are playing up as well.
Can't afford to sell as it is under finance but if things keep going wrong maybe we will have to.
Thinking about the pulsar SSS on 0.9% to cover some costs.
Quick, good looks
Oil consumption, constantly having minor irritating problems,

Vern

Vernasked

Polo MK5.I 6R (2010-2014)

2010 polo
Had problems with dash cluster not working and wouldn’t start ,
Checked the fuses and started working again,
Now clock and fuel gauge not updating.
What could be the issue?

Lindzasked

Polo MK5.I 6R (2010-2014)

Hi, I'm looking at a 2013 polo gti
It has 143,000 on the clock should that matter? services are all up to date With history

ChrisD

The best thing to do is to take it into a workshop for a pre-purchase inspection; most mechanics or workshops can do these. They will be able to get a good idea on the engine's health and the overall car. It has saved me from buying the wrong car a few times (Even cars I thought were perfect). Kms are a good gauge on the health of the car, but if it's been modified or driven very hard it can wear an engine out a lot quicker, especially with turbo charged cars.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for your reply!
how do I go about asking the selling about getting one of these done before buying it?

No problem!

The easiest way is to get in contact with a mechanic in your area that does pre-purchase inspections and check availability. Then ask if the seller would be able to drop the car in for a pre-purchase inspection at a time that suits them. Then you can pay the workshop direct. I've even had sellers let me take it down to a workshop myself when they didn't have time. I did leave them with a deposit and my details though. If the seller is confident in their car, they shouldn't have any issue with you wanting to get it checked out :)

Get an answer from our members and Volkswagen representatives