Western Union

Western Union Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

27 questions from our users

Florizel F.
Florizel F.asked

How long can western union block me from sending money?

Roxy
Roxy

I dont know how long they can block you from sending money, probably as long as they want. I would not use them ever again send your money some other way that way it will stay safe.

Robert asked

Is there legal recourse in Australia for refusing to provide a service without a specific reason?

Angry customer
Angry customer

I dont know about the legal side but I know that a service can be refused by the provider without any reason, meaning you need to seek alternate options. Saying that, I dont believe any business wants to turnaround their customers by doing that

Robert

Thanks. I’ve tried different Government Authorities but they don’t seem to have to want much of a say in how WU operates.

Decebet M.
Decebet M.asked

WhyWestern Union block me in Belgium branch.
I can't pick up money anymore.
And what should I do that Western Union will unblocked me.
Please help me?

Gio

Use XE money transfer or another service, you have read the reviews. so why would you even think about using these PARASITES? They do not deserve your business.

Disappointed with WU
Disappointed with WUasked

Why is it that sending money to friends from Australia to Dominican Republic of around 700USD is flagged for phone interview, then ultimately cancelled by the money sender service. They can't even tell you the reason so there is no idea why it couldn't go through. Is the problem on the sender side or the receiver side?

Gio

They cancel because, telling by way the rude obstructive useless illiterate embiciles that work there, is that their whole disgusting attitude is probably motivated by jealously that you have money and they do not. Do not do business with companies that do not have a direct email to management or a phone number to contact. Look at all these negative reviews and not one response from Western Union. That tells me they don't give a Rats TOO TOO about the grief and inconvenience they cause people. They are obviously an impersonal organization without any empathy at all, who only cares about themselves. After the last experience I had, I will never ever use these blood suckers again, AVOID AVOID there are many services now meaning you can use a Bank as they are competing with those services, so the rates are not too bad. Or use another service.

Tony H.
Tony H.asked

What does mean transaction exceed allowed limit cod (c8618)?

David Taylor
David Taylor

No. Rang WU again and found out that it was a business account I was withdrawing money from. They don’t like that ! I don’t have a business now. I transferred the money using ANZ online.

Sammy C.

I had similiar issue with them previously even using a personal account. I believed it was due to the amount (exceeding A$1k, For smaller amount (less than A$2000, there is no problem and every fast.

Sammy C.

There is a floor limit, I don't know how much that is. Just like ATM card. Cannot withdraw as much as you want in the ATM machine dependent on the account. If still don't understand, speak to the bank about daily limit on ATM card.

Tasha E.
Tasha E.asked

How will I know wen I’m unblocked?

MaxT
MaxTasked

How long does it take to do the review please I send some money for my family back home last night but got told that it is being reviewed.. how long does it to review cause they really need it please

M.C
M.C

Hi MaxT, unsure why you are asking me this question given I have not recommended using this service.
Suggest you contact the company and perhaps rethink how you make your next money transfer.

Phil
Philasked

I send 1000 us to a friend and got flagged what to do next?

I think you call them and they will do an interview

mitch w.
mitch w.asked

How can I get a detailed report of how much money I have sent a person thru Western Union over the last 3 year years?

Hara Patro
Hara Patro

check with your bank... and if you have an account with western union it shows like bank account of details transaction even failed transactions thanks.

Lakhbir singh
Lakhbir singh

Jecilyn D.
Jecilyn D.asked

Why western union blocked me receiving money?

ADAMU USMAN
ADAMU USMANasked

How can I unblock my name for receiving money in western union?

Rob
Rob

You must use your real name and provide identification to receive money from an agency of Western Union

Bernadette R.
Bernadette R.asked

How long time i am blocked from western union for recieving money? Thank you

Tony J
Tony Jasked

Why do WU app ask so many private details and bank acc details? Are they safe to trust???

Jamzy D.
Jamzy D.asked

How can i know if my money was blocked by western union?

jacob f.
jacob f.asked

Why has my details been flagged on westernunion for more than 2years now?.

mary joy g.
mary joy g.asked

How can I know if im block in western???

Flossy

Hi mary joy. Just be very careful who you are sending your money to. Western union does send it but are not very forthcoming with giving information you need years gone by.

kheng j.
kheng j.asked

is it possible the sender can add the money that he send in same mtcn?

Flossy

I would not bother sending any money or getting it. They are q bunch if scammers who will not give you your information if you require it. So dont use them at all!

Erica C.
Erica C.asked

How long Western Union Blocked you from receiving money transfer ?? How long i will wait to be Unblocked ? This is just happen to me today

Nash
Nash

I had to call them almost every day and on 8th day they said the money couldn’t transfer and I got refunded!! But it really affected my urgent money transfer intention and I lost the transfer fees as well! Very poor customer service Too. Very disappointed

Shannette Higgins-Barker
Shannette Higgins-Barkerasked

Why would western block me and its only my family send money and it's not on regular basis?

BESSVIC
BESSVICasked

My name is victor brown w/u card number is [Number Removed] why cant I send money to a lady in the philippines I try to day?

malcolm37