Windsor Genesis

Windsor Genesis Questions & Answers

23 questions from our users

Chez S.

Chez S.asked

is this genisis an off road or semi off van?

Not Happy Camper
Not Happy Camper

I was told when I purchased It that it was Semi Off Road.

Allan W.

Allan W.asked

Hi. Can anyone please tell me how to tell which body size I have on my Genesis 638S. It has a external body dimension of 6.4m. I think it is a 20 ft. If anyone has any documentation to prove, it would be much appreciated as I am having trouble with insurance company
Allan

Peter

Peterasked

How do you turn on the hot water on a Windsor geniuses 2010 model

DavidJ54asked

I need help with my 2008 Windsor Genesis 638S water system. I have carefully and slowly filled the tanks to overflow, but after no more than 20L (one day use), only air is drawn into the pump. Pump and associated pressure switch works well and when full of air the pump forces air out the open tap. There is one discharge check valve tested as working, and none in pump inlet. Near new inlet pipe, tight clamps, no leaks.

David E
David E

I had the same problem. Trouble is they run the vent hose from the large rear watertank to the vent of the front watertank and then up to the filler point. Problem is that the lines get water trapped in them because the hose goes up and down along the chassis. The air can't escape and you think the tanks are ful. I have seperated my vent lines so the air can escape easier. Now fills so much easier.

DavidJ54

Thanks. Mine had unique vents to respective filler, but up down pipes air-locked. Solution I ended up with was adding a mains point fill via the drain lock at bottom of tank, with lock at fill point click-on connection.

Ray W.

Ray W.asked

I have a 2013 Genesis 665 van. Last night the range hood 12 v blew; it took out the Dometic fridge /freezer and the gas hws. I believe the ignition switches were impacted. I checked the main fuse box in the cupboard and at the battery checking all fuses. No problems with fuses. Other lights and tv works on 12 v. I have checked the fuse to fridge at rear. My question is there a separate fuse controller for the 12 v system to fridge, full oven, and hws? If so where is it located? Cheers

Dugald M.

Dugald M.asked

Can anyone tell me if a Windsor Genesis LTD 2009. Model, 21’caravan has a timber frame or an alloy frame

Dugald M.

Dugald M.asked

traveler
traveler

All Windsor vans had a timber frame up until Fleetwood purchased the company in 2012. After that Windsor was made in WA at the Fleetwood factory with a ally frame the same a Coramal.

Debbie

Debbieasked

Where is the 12v fuse box in the Genesis GC638s please

Debbie

Debbieasked

Where is the 12 v fuse box on the genesis gc638s please

Jeni M.

Jeni M.asked

Windsor genesis Ltd. where is the trip switch

Darmel

Darmelasked

Does a 2008 Windsor genesis GC638s towed by 200 LC benefit by WDH and what size shank would be needed

Gillian N.

Gillian N.asked

What is the tow ball weight of the 2010 Windsor Genesis 17th 8ins?

Jude

Judeasked

What is the minimum sized vehicle to tow a Windsor Genisus GC5385 with an ATM of 1914?

Frankfurt

Frankfurtasked

When hooked up to mains water & turn the pump off
Should I get water in van to shower by ?? I think I should
I am not so where would the problem be ??

Sam O

Sam Oasked

I have 1983 Windsor sunwagon camper van I need the actual weight of it?

tadeusz z.
tadeusz z.

What is the water tank capacity in 2010 Windsor genesis

coop

coopasked

What is the tare weight of a windsor van 537c model?

Chris

Chrisasked

Would like to replace the cowling that houses the rear tail lights across the back of the van as it's badly sun damaged. Windsor Genesis model GC587s.Where would I buy one?? Chris

valance phjllips

valance phjllipsasked

is the inside step light on all the time?

bev

We haven’t got a step light

bev

We dont have a step light sorry

Gordon

Gordonasked

Can you get the vin plate modifed on 2007 Windsor Genesis dual axle? mine has 50kg ball weight and 220kg ATM weight lighter than my friends Windsor Genesis 2007 dual axle exactly the same length and same inside as mine. I also saw another one the same model yesterday with a lighter ball weight and ATM than mine. Why in 3 caravans the same model and length is these weights different

Phil W

The VIN plate cannot be altered without being reassessed by engineers and the submitted for approval.

Different options will mean a different compliance plate.

I assume you are only comparing vin plates of each van. If your ball weight is only 50kg actual weight, you are likely loading your windsor 638 van tail heavy!!

ATM is the all up mass of the van and payload and is the maximum figure allowed not necessary what yours will weigh.

Never exceed or change these figures or your insurance could become void.

Dancingdee

Dancingdeeasked

What size sheets do you buy for the beds we have a QB and bunks are they normal or smaller ..?.

Phil W

I buy queen size sheets, the mattress is almost full siize.