2Yamaha V-Star XVS1100A Classic

Yamaha V-Star XVS1100A Classic Questions & Answers

Graeme J.
Graeme J.

Hi..I want buy backrest/ luggage rack for 2010 Yamaha Custom Vstar 1100cc. Most I see on internet are for Classic model..Not Custom model. Will Classic backrest fit my Custom model. Not sure if bracket holes in mudguard are the same.TIA

Richard Stewart
Richard Stewart

i have a 2008 xvs 1100 classic with 30.000.kms and it is just starting to have starting issues ,the starter clunks some times or wont turn over battery is on trickle charge when not in use , other times it starts first pop but during a ride stop starting can be an issue.

Richard H.
Richard H.

I have a 2004 Yamaha V Star1100 Classic and I would like to change out the heel/toe shifter and footrest for a toe shifter and footpegs. Does anyone know where you could find the parts to make this change, thanks?

IanCP

Try contacting Bobber Dave's in Traralgon Vic.

Paul W.
Paul W.

Does any one know where I can purchase a full exhaust pref vance and hines to suit my 2004 xvs 1100 classic vstar I have tried e-bay gum tree and even t hough I have seen them on e-bay when you go to click them it comes up as not being available for 2004 1100 classic.. or if any one knows of some one that has a after market exhaust for sale to suit my 2004 XVS 1100 Classic Vstar I would greatfuly appreciate any info

IanCP

Check out Cobra. The US Website gives model specific information and there are a number of stockists in Australia. https://cobrausa.com/yamaha/v_star_1100_classic_04_09/motorcycle_exhausts/ hope that helps.

tony a.
tony a.

Cruiser customizing

terrycruise
terrycruise

What's the best after market pipes for a 2011 vstar xvs1100a cruiser (last edition ever made)?

IanCP

I think it's a matter of personal opinion and what you are looking for, noise wise etc. I have cobras.

I rate vance n hine.

Graham
Graham

Where would I be able to buy a rear fender tip for my 2002 XVS 1100 Classic?

Hi Graham,

I was about to list my black rear fender from my 1100 Classic on ebay, but happy to send you photos and a price if you wish. I'm only taking it off because I am turning the bike into a bobber and won't be needing it.

Regards, Ian

Robbo
Robbo

Should I be able to get oil on my finger tip when checking if there is enough?

Mike
Mike

How would i know if my 2000 yamaha xvs 1100 is a classic?

Mark T

The Custom has a larger diameter and thinner front wheel with a smaller fender, a smaller head light, bare front forks (no chrome covers), and the bobbed rear fender with a narrower driver's seat. The Custom will be a tad lighter, but nothing that really make a big difference. The Custom has pegs and the Classic has floorboards. The kicker is, the Classic have heel & toe shifters while the Customs have just a toe shifter.

Chris

Do I need to take out the engine to fix gearbox?

Juz

Taking apart (splitting) a gearbox is a bit of a specialised job, and even though I have done it (not on this bike though) I had supervision and help from a good motorcycle mechanic. With every bike I have seen it would be way easier and way less messy (oil wise) to remove the motor/gearbox from the frame to work on. You might want to ask a dedicated Yamaha mechanic/workshop but I'm thinking if you need to ask you should probably not attempt to do the work yourself anyway.

muzzy
muzzy

How many liter of engine oil need for xvs vstar 1100 2002 model

Juz

Honestly? No idea. I had this bike on loan for 5 days and didn't do an oil change. However, most large bikes take between 3 & 4 Lt of oil if you do a full change (including the oil filter). Having said that, all bikes either have a sight glass on the side of the case or a dipstick so you can see how much oil to put in them. Be aware that it takes a little bit of time for the oil to get from the filler inlet to the bottom of the casing though so allow for that time. When I do an oil change I usually put in around 3 to 3 and a half litres straight away, let it settle for 10 minutes at least, then go back and add a little at a time while watching the levels. Hope this helps.

robert ferguson
robert ferguson

3.1 litres

Babis
Babis

Just got a 2008 vstar 1100 with 8,000Km on it. How long can I go on a full tank before I need to switch to the reserve tank?

100 miles + - 10 mi

Denis N.
Denis N.

Depends on wind and how hard you ride my ol car by model will do 220 to 240 Km before reserve at 110 ks

wnttorid
wnttorid

Starter turns over but wont turn motor over. Had starter checked out ok checked battery out ok .

Melancholic teetotaler
Melancholic teetotaler

Hi wnttorid, I'm not certain that I fully understand your question. I have read numerous articles about the V Star 1100 and on occasions, 'starter clutch' problems have come up. This seems to fit the problem you're describing?

KDus

starter clutch is notorious for that

Butcher1970
Butcher1970

Starter clutch needs replacing.

I had mine replaced at 15000km.

The mechanic said it was a common fault. When pulled apart it had bits missing on the original part.

Had to get a new one from USA as it was cheaper than buying it here in Australia.

Still cost $1200 fitted.

But she runs great now. 32000km on the clock now.

Ray