AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

Listing monitored by AAMI

23 questions from our users

David T
David Tasked

There is quite evidence that there is a lot of Home Insurance Policy Holders whom are very very unhappy with you AAMI, when is it you are going to hold up your hands and say your guilty and say sorry, You should go back to unhappy claimants even if you have settled with them through a Tribunal or not and give them another 50 per cent. You should also take out the unfair things out of your policy like ''We will repair the damage of your property 100% without giving you a Cash Settlement, with-in 14 days with No Excuses''. and charge a Fair Price on your policies because I have found a much cheaper good policy by a thousand dollars.

Lynn W.
Lynn W.asked

I need to repair the rising damp damage to the outside bricks of my house. Would this be covered by house insurance?

Michelle
Michelle

HI Lynn,

I'm not sure why i have this question, i don't work for AAMI, I am now a ex customer.
Would never recommend AAMI insurance to anyone.

siga2net
siga2netasked

Does AAMI home insurance cover the subsidence, land settling or collapse?

streak
streak

Don't know. Read the PDS.

Hi There,
Sorry I can't help you on this, If I were you I would stay away from them....

Teresa P.
Teresa P.asked

Hi my evaporative air conditioning system is leaking into my roof and the water is dropping through the ceiling fans is my air-conditioning system covered it is approx 20years old

Vanessa B.asked

AAMI seem to have very bad reviews why should I stick with them for my renewal?Home and Contents

Hi Vanessa.
They have increased their premiums over 20% this year. You better off shop around..I just switch to budget direct and saved me over 300 dollars...
Being a loyal customer doesn't help with AAMI..

Mona
Mona

I had a leak in the upstairs shower flooring which was only recognised when there was a leak in the downstairs kitchen ceiling. AAMI sent their assessor out who said that the waterproofing has rotted away because of leak under the tiles in shower cubical. Nothing was visible to the naked eye except leak downstairs. AAMI declined the claim. We have all of our cars and properties insured with AAMI & am thinking of changing to another Insurer. This is the first claim we have made for property. Can I dispute this?

Smithyasked

My mobile phone has been damaged by water can I claim on my policy for this pol. No. Hpa036353612??

Smithy

does my home and contents policy cover for badly damaged mobile phone

stan p.
stan p.asked

How can I download my home and contents insurance policy?

Winter7asked

I'm wondering if it is "normal" to redact a report so that the client cannot read the estimate for repairs...

JULIA HARVEY
JULIA HARVEY

I’ve only seen an incomplete list of repairs. No $, or work methods proposed. Needless to say, it’s still ongoing after 3 1/2 mths. I would ask for full disclosure.

Winter7

I've asked and so far no response. They've listed unrelated cracks from wear and tear on the ceiling as part of the claim, which is very dishonest.

B.Ward
B.Wardasked

From reading these reviews, who are the companies who do actually pay out claims for bathroom water issues ? Has anyone had success ?

Paddywaggon
Paddywaggon

My main complaint about AAMI is that they took well over 4 months to settle a fairly straightforward bushfire damage claim. OK they paid fully in the end but it was a long and tedious process which I didn't need on top of the stress from the bushfires. Their Ad's potray them as a caring and compassionate company, crap, they are looking after themselves; their shareholders and bottom line is all they really care about. Their advertising "Lucky I'm with AAMI" is just hypocritical, and they need to be called out for their cynical posturing.

Henry Diner
Henry Diner

I think they all very bad, and getting worse each year! AAMI is particularly bad but the others aren't much better.

davanmark
davanmarkasked

i'm currently with aami for house and content which is costing me $200.00 per month.
is budget direct a reputable insurance company as they are less than half the price.

Tash
Tash

Yes Budget is also good, have my one vehicle with them and no complaints yet.

Bob T
Bob Tasked

The building policy is replacement value
Can I request a cash payment in the event of a total loss policy is

vincenzo scacchia
vincenzo scacchiaasked

am i covered for smoke alarm [ battery operated ] and fusion for bore pump and motor policy # hpao79265370 thanks

PROBABLY

After over 5 months waiting for reply, have since sent another e mail, 3 weeks ago, as yet no reply

raymond turner
raymond turnerasked

please you let me know my house renew date

Fired Up
Fired Up

No idea sorry

Dora T
Dora Tasked

My son threw a toy accidentally cracking the tv screen.. am I insured for this accidental damage ?

Gayan
Gayan

if you have the accidental cover option enabled then yes. However, compare the excess for content, if it is greater than the cost of the tv then there is really no point. so the amount refunded will be TV cost - Excess for content.

Jenny. b
Jenny. basked

Is my roller door covered by my home and contents policy?

george coquet
george coquetasked

where i pay?

tasmedic
tasmedicasked

apparrently everyone below thinks this is an AAMI facebook page!?

Rod R
Rod R

No this is not a facebook page. it was what happened and how AAMI dealt with us

Ianes
Ianesasked

How does one actually get to talk to an AAMI representative?
We tried to use the AAMI web site to track our claim but cannot log in.
We tried calling on two occasions and consumed around $20 phone credit before giving up.
I replied to AAMIs customer service managers email requesting our claim status and an explanation of the price hike in the last account.
I am left to guess AAMI would rather lose our account than repair the little storm damage we have.
Claim No. H020242532
Any suggestions? or should we just accept we have wasted our money on AAMI and change insurers and if so who should we change to?

Possum
Possum

The problem seems to be the lack of baseline to gain relativity, the lack of overview and quality control. One avenue may be to lodge an official complaint through the complaints department. However while this may provide a result, it may still be far from satisfactory depending on the nature and number of issues ( For us there were many.. enough to cause ongoing grief for the past five years?. Ombudsmen are a waste of time as they can only investigate not bring about resolution.. a seemingly common trait with Government bodies today with their " we cant do anything " responses or poor investigation techniques? As to alternative companies seems most have same poor reviews possibly given they fall under the two major insurer umbrellas IAG or Suncorp.

I found it pays to persist and stand ground against them, and providing information and asking questions couched in legal speak. Also telling them that it will ultimately cost them more the longer they continue to " short change" or stall and will provide photos,receipts or costings of similar items to replace in their " new for old " replacement policy. Can send an email to myclaim @ aami.com.au and claim number in the subject box, or request forwarding on to complaints. Unfortunately someone in Adelaide doesn't know another in Brisbane? Accessing their new web account is pretty fruitless exercise other than to check payout figure if it s working. Asking either full name and employee number on phone which some don't seem keen to provide and a direct phone number but insistence they do under law sometimes pays off. If they claim they are recording conversation, can say you are also? Unfortunately many organisations are short on accountability these days including Councils. Helps also to download and read the booklet so as to quote relevant sections and not to believe anything they say. f they say they will phone back, ask when, time frame etc. Changing insurers doesn't always solve the problem.

Emily Andalis Sheridan
Emily Andalis Sheridanasked

Hi my air conditioner on my roof has stopped working. The air cond man has said it would be the motor can you please advise if this is covered under my home and contents insurance.?

Carvaan
Carvaan

Hello it surely would be but depends on how much excess u have, usually the motor costs around $100 -$200 depending on the size and not very hard to change

dicoopers
dicoopersasked

When are you insured for broken toilet ?

L McCALLUM
L McCALLUM

Regarding Di Coopers question.
I have no idea on an answer for that, would suggest she contacts AAMI for clarification with that one.

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

Other Home and Contents Insurance