Anytime Fitness Australia Questions & Answers

1.7 from 509 reviews · View Details

23 questions from our users

loctorakasked

Anytime Fitness NSW

Anyone else considering a lawsuit? Class action?

It simply isn't acceptable to conduct businesses this way. Its under handed, misleading and ultimately designed to be unfair for the consumer. Im sure if it got in front of a magistrate it'd be a matter of minutes before they sided against anytime. Just look at all these stats - of 505 reviews average score is 1.8? That doesn't just mean you're upsetting some of your clients... that means you're upsetting damn near all of them and i, for one, expect better from something approved by the ACCC to legally charge money.

And imagine how many hundreds of thousands of extra dollars they get every year because of their dodgy loopholes. Money that could have been kept by citizens who would use it to stimulate the economy. Instead its sitting in some small business owners bank account doing SFA for anyone but the business owner. And its not like he deserves the money. The guy at Epping is barely ever there and when he is hes completely unapproachable, locking himself in his office. Disgusting.

Paul

Paulasked

Anytime Fitness NSW

Not really a question but more of a statement to help those battling anytime. Best option if you want to stop these clowns taking money out of your account when you don't want or charging ridiculous cancellation fees, report your card as stolen that they are debiting. They will no longer be able to charge your account and you can just ignore their chase ups rather than trying to chase them up :)

Robin G.

Robin G.asked

Anytime Fitness Australia

During Government shutdown of Anything Fitness gyms are deductions still being taken from members?

Burts
Burts

GoodLife aren't......not sure about Anytime Fitness....I would think it's illegal to debit funds in this situation.

loctorak

Yep. They haven't missed a beat when it comes to their monthly deductions from my account. Now isnt that an impressive bit of dedication? Shame they don't show the same level of dedication towards actually offering a decent product or experience, but you can't win em all I guess ‍♂️

WGoldbergasked

Anytime Fitness VIC

do you have smith machine

V Chris
V Chris

What is Smith machine ?

WGoldberg

It Machine for leg squat. I have knee injury, no use barbell.

WGoldberg

is there someone I coud call

Sammy

Sammyasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

I am currently in a membership at anytime and was wanting to cancel but told I have to wait until the end of my contract which isn't until February and I can't pay a cancellation fee. Was wondering if anyone has been in the same boat as me and any advice on what I can potentially do to get out of my contract?

Taylor

If you are under contract you can pay 50% of the remaining balance to end the agreement!

Rumeyasked

Anytime Fitness NSW

They have charged me a tailgate fee (without even an email or receipt) for someone who came into the club to MEET STAFF, then left on realising that staff were not there. I called the centre, they were very aggressive and rude, and the headoffice does not pick up. Apparently I was a criminal for breaking the law, and that was the fine for that. Anyone know how I can get it back?

LPP22
LPP22

Take them to the ombudsman

Rumey

Thanks. I cancelled my membership and enrolled with a local gym. Not the same equipment, but the staff are friendly and nice.
When I said that I was going to speak to head office, they responded offhandedly "good luck with that". After taking the matter right to the top, and complaining to their support line (for both of which I did not receive a reply), surprise, surprise the offhanded one calls and eats humble pie.... eventually I got the money back (and i mean eventually)

CuriousEgroeg

CuriousEgroegasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Does anyone know how much personal training sessions cost at Anytime Fitness Wynyard and/or Alexandria? Thanks

Emily.s

Emily.sasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Are under eighteen year olds allowed to work out

Penno
Penno

Yes to 16 and 17 but only at approved clubs . there is a list. On the net of approved clubs.

Ash

Ashasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

When you freeze your contract to go overseas do the charge you to do that?..which wasn't explained by the manager of the club.

BPowell

There is a $2.50 per week freeze is some cases. Better than paying for the full month! However, it depends on your club.

Taylor

You may freeze your membership twice for 3 months in a 12 month period without charge. If you freeze longer there maybe $2.50 per week charge

Nguyen.peace21

Nguyen.peace21asked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Can a 14 years old boy go to anytime fitness to do workout with parent?

BPowell

Some Anytime Fitness clubs are under 18 approved. However, the minimum age is 16.

Smith chips

Smith chipsasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

I'm going on holidays to new Zealand can I use my Australian membership card over there?

BPowell

Absolutely one membership gives you access to all clubs global. (After you wait a 31 day period for security reasons).

barneybill

barneybillasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Thinking of joining the Frankston club. I am over 70 but fit for my age. Can anybody in a similar position (age wise) give me an idea of the worth of this organisation, please.

stweever
stweever

I am 60. And joined 18 months ago. I have since cancelled my membership as they closed it for 4 weeks for renovations. I have used three of their clubs, one of them was great and the other two were only okay. Staff will not lift a finger to help you or even say hello. They use slick marketing to sign you up and give you nothing after that. Also, it is not cheap when compared to other gyms in the area. Beware!!!

Mollie
Mollie

Do not join this gym. All fine until you try to cancel membership

Taylor

Don’t people ever read what they sign? All the terms are easy to read and understand! You have 7 days to read and understand the agreement. If you do not agree with those terms then cancel within 7 days... Easy ;)

Debbie

Debbieasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Thinking about joining Sutherland branch . Is any one a member there ? Has anyone had any problems ?

Bolo
Bolo

I am a member there, i am going to cancel my membership and join plus fitness around the corner from af. Its all the same but cheaper. I do not recommend anytime fitness. too expensive and its not like they have anything different compared to other gym in area. and for couple weeks couldn't use that gym because they went through renovations and it still looks the same with minor changes.

Peter

Peterasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

If you lose your membership card can you get a replacement card without having to transfer all my bank account details and how much would the fee be?

Jeff
Jeff

Whatever you do with Anytime Fitness, make sure you get it in writing. Your membership enables you to use any branch of the chain most likely. The problem is that anytime fitness misleads, and puts obstacles in place in order to draw the most amount of money out of the client. They will often contradict ferbal and written statements in order to do this. Obtaining a new key or pass is a simple matter, but perhaps not when you are dealing with anytime fitness.

Memme

Memmeasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Despite the fact that I've moved address, I can only renew at my previous AF gym which is all the way across Sydney.
Why can't I renew at the gym I've been training at for the last few weeks?

bobby
bobby

Doesn't matter why, you signed the contract, therefore abide by it.

NSWGELLY

Ring head office or get the Anytime Fitness App, you can update payment details on that.

Kai

Kaiasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Can I change my 12 months membership to 18 months membership? Is there a fee for that?

Hey Kai,

I don't believe there will be a fee. You will need to committ for another 18 months though.

Lee

Leeasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Well I use to be a member of anytime fitness Lonsdale st Dandenong Victoria I would like to know if I can come back I've lost key

Violet555
Violet555

I believe you can but you probably have to pay for a new key.

Fee

Feeasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Is anytime Fitness Wangaratta, Victoria any good?

Pat
Pat

No idea I am from NSW and the centre was in Mt Annan

Lucy
Lucy

Don't join Anytime Fitness - under any circumstances

Stuart
Stuart

Wangaratta is a great club and easily the best facility in town

Trevor Li

Trevor Liasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Hey guys, I got a quick question that hopefully can be answered within the next 2-3 hours as I have an appointment with Anytime Fitness at 2:30 to cancel my contract. I recently froze my account for 3 months, with the end date on the 16th of January 2016, as I was overseas for those 3 months. Upon coming back I wanted to cancel my membership. I was wondering if I have to pay money for those 3 months that I froze? If I do, is there anyway I can avoid that? Thanks.

Louis96
Louis96

Hi Trevor, although this request was in January it would be interesting to hear what they said at your meeting. My guess is it wasn't pleasant looking at all this negative feedback?

Bianca

Freezing extends your agreement. Trevor would have been made to pay 50% off the total amount owing.

Armela

Armelaasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Why does fairfield 2165 anytime fitness have ripped and old equipment.? Windows are filthy. Never see the manager or a worker in the office. Could the windows be ttinted so people outside of the gym don't PERVE?

Mark
Mark

Hi Armela ,
Its because the anytime fitness franchise don't actually want you at their gyms . They just want your money . The whole idea of a unstaffed gym is no customer service at maximum profit.They should be ashamed of themselves!

NSWGELLY

As Anytime Fitness is a franchise, I would imagine there would be a code of conduct as a Franchisee, perhaps contact head office with the complaint, you might see some changes if they want to keep their franchise.

Get an answer from our members and Anytime Fitness Australia representatives