Anytime Fitness Australia Questions & Answers

19 questions from our users

Sammy

Sammyasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

I am currently in a membership at anytime and was wanting to cancel but told I have to wait until the end of my contract which isn't until February and I can't pay a cancellation fee. Was wondering if anyone has been in the same boat as me and any advice on what I can potentially do to get out of my contract?

Rumeyasked

Anytime Fitness NSW

They have charged me a tailgate fee (without even an email or receipt) for someone who came into the club to MEET STAFF, then left on realising that staff were not there. I called the centre, they were very aggressive and rude, and the headoffice does not pick up. Apparently I was a criminal for breaking the law, and that was the fine for that. Anyone know how I can get it back?

LPP22
LPP22

Take them to the ombudsman

Rumey

Thanks. I cancelled my membership and enrolled with a local gym. Not the same equipment, but the staff are friendly and nice.
When I said that I was going to speak to head office, they responded offhandedly "good luck with that". After taking the matter right to the top, and complaining to their support line (for both of which I did not receive a reply), surprise, surprise the offhanded one calls and eats humble pie.... eventually I got the money back (and i mean eventually)

CuriousEgroeg

CuriousEgroegasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Does anyone know how much personal training sessions cost at Anytime Fitness Wynyard and/or Alexandria? Thanks

Emily.s

Emily.sasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Are under eighteen year olds allowed to work out

Penno
Penno

Yes to 16 and 17 but only at approved clubs . there is a list. On the net of approved clubs.

Ash

Ashasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

When you freeze your contract to go overseas do the charge you to do that?..which wasn't explained by the manager of the club.

BPowell

There is a $2.50 per week freeze is some cases. Better than paying for the full month! However, it depends on your club.

Nguyen.peace21

Nguyen.peace21asked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Can a 14 years old boy go to anytime fitness to do workout with parent?

BPowell

Some Anytime Fitness clubs are under 18 approved. However, the minimum age is 16.

Smith chips

Smith chipsasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

I'm going on holidays to new Zealand can I use my Australian membership card over there?

BPowell

Absolutely one membership gives you access to all clubs global. (After you wait a 31 day period for security reasons).

barneybill

barneybillasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Thinking of joining the Frankston club. I am over 70 but fit for my age. Can anybody in a similar position (age wise) give me an idea of the worth of this organisation, please.

stweever
stweever

I am 60. And joined 18 months ago. I have since cancelled my membership as they closed it for 4 weeks for renovations. I have used three of their clubs, one of them was great and the other two were only okay. Staff will not lift a finger to help you or even say hello. They use slick marketing to sign you up and give you nothing after that. Also, it is not cheap when compared to other gyms in the area. Beware!!!

Mollie
Mollie

Do not join this gym. All fine until you try to cancel membership

Debbie

Debbieasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Thinking about joining Sutherland branch . Is any one a member there ? Has anyone had any problems ?

Bolo
Bolo

I am a member there, i am going to cancel my membership and join plus fitness around the corner from af. Its all the same but cheaper. I do not recommend anytime fitness. too expensive and its not like they have anything different compared to other gym in area. and for couple weeks couldn't use that gym because they went through renovations and it still looks the same with minor changes.

Peter

Peterasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

If you lose your membership card can you get a replacement card without having to transfer all my bank account details and how much would the fee be?

Jeff

Whatever you do with Anytime Fitness, make sure you get it in writing. Your membership enables you to use any branch of the chain most likely. The problem is that anytime fitness misleads, and puts obstacles in place in order to draw the most amount of money out of the client. They will often contradict ferbal and written statements in order to do this. Obtaining a new key or pass is a simple matter, but perhaps not when you are dealing with anytime fitness.

Memme

Memmeasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Despite the fact that I've moved address, I can only renew at my previous AF gym which is all the way across Sydney.
Why can't I renew at the gym I've been training at for the last few weeks?

bobby
bobby

Doesn't matter why, you signed the contract, therefore abide by it.

NSWGELLY

Ring head office or get the Anytime Fitness App, you can update payment details on that.

Kai

Kaiasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Can I change my 12 months membership to 18 months membership? Is there a fee for that?

Hey Kai,

I don't believe there will be a fee. You will need to committ for another 18 months though.

Lee

Leeasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Well I use to be a member of anytime fitness Lonsdale st Dandenong Victoria I would like to know if I can come back I've lost key

Violet555
Violet555

I believe you can but you probably have to pay for a new key.

Fee

Feeasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Is anytime Fitness Wangaratta, Victoria any good?

Pat
Pat

No idea I am from NSW and the centre was in Mt Annan

Lucy
Lucy

Don't join Anytime Fitness - under any circumstances

Stuart
Stuart

Wangaratta is a great club and easily the best facility in town

Trevor Li

Trevor Liasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Hey guys, I got a quick question that hopefully can be answered within the next 2-3 hours as I have an appointment with Anytime Fitness at 2:30 to cancel my contract. I recently froze my account for 3 months, with the end date on the 16th of January 2016, as I was overseas for those 3 months. Upon coming back I wanted to cancel my membership. I was wondering if I have to pay money for those 3 months that I froze? If I do, is there anyway I can avoid that? Thanks.

Louis96
Louis96

Hi Trevor, although this request was in January it would be interesting to hear what they said at your meeting. My guess is it wasn't pleasant looking at all this negative feedback?

Bianca

Freezing extends your agreement. Trevor would have been made to pay 50% off the total amount owing.

Armela

Armelaasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Why does fairfield 2165 anytime fitness have ripped and old equipment.? Windows are filthy. Never see the manager or a worker in the office. Could the windows be ttinted so people outside of the gym don't PERVE?

Mark
Mark

Hi Armela ,
Its because the anytime fitness franchise don't actually want you at their gyms . They just want your money . The whole idea of a unstaffed gym is no customer service at maximum profit.They should be ashamed of themselves!

NSWGELLY

As Anytime Fitness is a franchise, I would imagine there would be a code of conduct as a Franchisee, perhaps contact head office with the complaint, you might see some changes if they want to keep their franchise.

jeany

jeanyasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Has anyone been to dandenong anytime fitness im trying to find a new gym? Prices?

The gym im at is 8.00 $ a week any gyms around that price

Jeff

It sounds like your deal is pretty good. As far as I know, anytime is more expensive. What I am certain of is that there management style is extremely poor. If you do join with them, read your contract extra carefully. Its kind of like looking for a good restaurant - if there are 90% negative reviews that mention bad practices, poor food etc, you are not likely to give that restaurant your business.

helen001asked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Is it possible to transfer your Anytimefitness gym membership to another person?

sassyrav
sassyrav

I know this is a late reply but I think that would be a great idea and they would have nothing to lose over it but Im assuming they wouldnt allow it. Dont be surprised if they wont basically because the contract is between you and them only. Thumbs up for leaving them I say! Make sure you tell your friend to read the fine print, hey lock you in a contract and there are exit fees (expensive ones) if they choose to cancel early.

helen001

thanks for the reply. what about if I call up and just change credit card details? Or something? make up some bs story that my bf wants to pay for the remainder of my gym and so can he get debited instead? Guess I won't know until I try lol, but just wanted to know if there were any stories like mine

nbc
nbc

On joining, I asked about transferring the membership to another person since the friend I was joining with was leaving the area after 6 months and memberships were for a minimum of 12 months. I was told that it was no problem and they were one of the few gyms that allowed for that.

Megan

Meganasked

Anytime Fitness Australia

Hi I'm just wondering I have been a member for nearly 12 month and signed up for 18 months and would like to get out of my contract as work and money just wondering how I can get out of it and or how much it will cost me? Megan.

Katerinka
Katerinka

Hi Megan, I'm not really sure on this one, as I did the full 12 month term of my contract. Might be worth giving the club a call and checking. Sorry couldn't help more. Cheers, K.

MissK
MissK

You can not get out of the membership early unless you have medical issues-so a letter from your doctor, or you move to a location that doesn't have any anytime fitness.

Hi Megan, I'm in the same boat. The only way out is to pay out the remainder of membership or find someone to take it over.