Oricom BabySense

Oricom BabySense Questions & Answers

119 questions from our users

Hi our bassinet has a foam mattress that is maybe 3 inches thick. Will that be too thick?
Hi Murray, Sorry to advise, but we do not recommend that a foam mattress is used with the Oricom Babysense. Unfortunately, a foam mattress is quite dense which could block the sensor's ability to pick up movement. ALl the best Oricom Baby Care.

How do you turn off the blue flashing light ? With an epileptic in house this is dangerous
I don’t think you can, the blue light is meant to be an indicator for each breath taken. You may have to contact the company and ask.Hi there, thanks for the message. We would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to discuss this with you. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

We purchased the Oricom babysense2 Monitor just over 2 weeks ago when our daughter was born however when we do the check on it, after taking bubs out of the bassinet it takes a lot longer than 20 secs for the monitor to detect no movement & for the alarm to go off, do you know why this is? How do we fix this issue?
Hi Bianca, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss with you so would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hello, Is there a possibility that the mattress in hubs cot is too thick for the sensor? It is a standard mattress from Baby Bunting. We have used the babysense2 monitor with the bassinet and it’s fine- but in the cot it’s clicking constantly and flashing red. All installed correctly- as per manual.
Hi Shon, thanks for the message. As the Babysense2 is designed to be extremely sensitive, we would suggest that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to discuss with you, and have the unit working as designed. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

I had my baby home for 4 days before having to go back to the hospital to treat her jaundice. During these 4 days we used the apnea mats. Well my daughter has now been diagnosed with severe central sleep aponea. During her sleep study she stopped or had irregular breathing patterns 84 times in one hour. She is on home oxygen because her blood oxygen does drop during her sleeps. We are lucky we found this. This product has never alarmed to tell me my daughter isn’t breathing properly. Why? I’d really like to know. We used it before she diagnosed and continue to still use it. It’s designed to tell you your baby isn’t breathing properly, yet my daughter has a severe form of it.
Hmm, that may be a question for Oricom themselves. My only answer would be that i am wondering if perhaps she isnt stopping breathing for long enough to set off the machine. They are programmed to alarm after a very certain time frame, if she stops breathing for short bursts constantly it would register her breathing has stopped but wouldnt alarm because she begins to breathe again before the time is reached for the machine to siren.. if she stopped for the full length of time it should siren. Have you tested ur monitor by turning it on with her in cot, taking her out and making sure it sirens when it no longer feels she is there? Id check to be sure that it does and if it is working correctly, my guess would be that she is only stopping for short times and not long enough to machine to need to worry. I hope that helps but it is only a guess as i am not too sure.Hi Tamara, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss this with you and would ask that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. It is important that the device, which is designed to be extremely sensitive, is used exactly as the User Guide, and the team at Oricom Support will be able to assist in troubleshooting any issue with the setup with you. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

We have the Oricom - Babysense2 & Video Monitor Value Pack. Is there any way that when the babysence2 alarm goes off you can disarm it from the main monitor unit? we have had some false alarms resulting in a sprint to the babys room to disarm it and a startled baby. Can the babysence2 and the monitor sync together?
No. Certainty not that i know of anyway. They are sold as a bundle as most ppl require camera and monitor but they dont connect to each otherHi Ivica, thanks for the message. Importantly, the Babysense2 and video baby monitors are stand alone units. When using the Babysense2, it is important to ensure that you are completing the daily testing requirement as outlined in the User Guide, to ensure the device is setup and working correctly. This will limit the false alarms. For your reference, the daily test is as below: Daily Testing Operation You must conduct this quick performance test daily. • The performance test should be conducted while baby is not in cot and if there are any fans, air conditioning units, cot mobile, humidifier, ceiling projector or other devices in the babies room, please ensure you conduct the daily performance test with these devices turned on if applicable. • Turn device on and leave the room. • Ensure that alarm goes off within 20 seconds (due to absence of breathing movements). • In the case that the alarm does not sound within 20 seconds refer to troubleshooting on page 14. • The alarm may sound with or without preliminary ticking. • Check that alarm can be heard in all locations throughout the home or place of care. • This performance test must be conducted daily and every time you move the monitor, change bedding or relocate basenet/cot position. IMPORTANT: You should not rely on Babysense2 in any location throughout the home or place of care where the alarm cannot be heard. If you would like to speak to someone from our dedicated local support, please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

I have this monitor under my babies bassinet mattress... out of interest I put a book on the mattress (without the baby in it) to see what would happen and it didn’t go off. Would this mean there is something wrong with the monitor?
Of course be sure to triple check yours given how important this is but for us personally we had to put a hard board underneath the bassinet/co-sleeper bed because it was soft and wouldn’t work (sorry I had forgotten hubby did this before you mentioned it now). Hopefully the manufacturer replies also. I think they are made for hard cots possibly?Hi Melanie. Yes i would say so. It is meant to monitor breath not weight. Does it go off when there is nothing in cot?? It may be that its picking up on air con or fan airflow and confusing it for baby breathing.. they are extremely touchy as babies are only little and take little breaths. Trial a few things around the room,, moving cot, turning off fan etc and if it still doesnt go off i would replace yoursHi Melanie, thanks for the message. Importantly, the Babysense2 is an extremely sensitive device, and requires daily tests to ensure that it is working as designed. Please see the below instruction for the daily testing instruction, as per the User Guide: Daily Testing Operation You must conduct this quick performance test daily. • The performance test should be conducted while baby is not in cot and if there are any fans, air conditioning units, cot mobile, humidifier, ceiling projector or other devices in the babies room, please ensure you conduct the daily performance test with these devices turned on if applicable. • Turn device on and leave the room. • Ensure that alarm goes off within 20 seconds (due to absence of breathing movements). • In the case that the alarm does not sound within 20 seconds refer to troubleshooting on page 14. • The alarm may sound with or without preliminary ticking. • Check that alarm can be heard in all locations throughout the home or place of care. • This performance test must be conducted daily and every time you move the monitor, change bedding or relocate basenet/cot position. IMPORTANT: You should not rely on Babysense2 in any location throughout the home or place of care where the alarm cannot be heard. If you would like to speak to someone from our dedicated local support, please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

How much is this system?
Hi Suzie, the Babysense2 can be purchased from all leading baby retailers across Australia. The Babysense2 is sold as part of a monitoring bundle and all RRP's are listed on our website. Please check out the link below and use the Where to Buy tool on the Oricom website to find your local stockist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care https://oricom.com.au/product-category/products/oricom-baby-care/breathing-movement-monitors/

Hi. Can the babysense breathing monitor have a false alarm.? My baby girl just turned 9 months and the alarm went off last night. We rushed in and she was fine. As soon as the lights came on she stirred. When she was 32 days old the alarm alerted us to her not breathing and she was rushed to Hospital, it was a one off situation due to a couple of things but she has never had it again. She is fine and well today and I have loved the security of the monitor. But last night has really unsettled me and don’t know whether I should contact the doctor or if it just it having a false alarm, especially as she is totally fine this morning. I have done the trouble shoot this morning and we changed the batteries two weeks ago. Nothing seems out of order. Except we added the second pad in when we changed the batteries. She doesn’t have a huge cot but she had started to move around a bit. However when we woke her this morning she hadn’t. Any advice would be very helpful.
Hi there, thanks for the message. With a device such as the Babysense2, it is important to ensure that you are conducting daily testing operation to ensure the correct function of the monitor. Page 11 of the User Guide explains this daily requirement: Daily Testing Operation You must conduct this quick performance test daily. • The performance test should be conducted while baby is not in cot and if there are any fans, air conditioning units, cot mobile, humidifier, ceiling projector or other devices in the babies room, please ensure you conduct the daily performance test with these devices turned on if applicable. • Turn device on and leave the room. • Ensure that alarm goes off within 20 seconds (due to absence of breathing movements). • In the case that the alarm does not sound within 20 seconds refer to troubleshooting on page 14. • The alarm may sound with or without preliminary ticking. • Check that alarm can be heard in all locations throughout the home or place of care. • This performance test must be conducted daily and every time you move the monitor, change bedding or relocate basenet/cot position. IMPORTANT: You should not rely on Babysense2 in any location throughout the home or place of care where the alarm cannot be heard. We would love to discuss this with you, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

Is there anything that can be done about the blue light it’s like a dance party in my babies room?
Hi Shauna, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience with the blue light on the Babysense2 and would love to discuss this with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

We have the oricom sensor pad in our daughters bassinet. Today I took her out to settle her and about three minutes in i realised I hadn’t turned the alarm off and it was still flashing blue and not alarming... it then started to make the click noise as though it was about to alarm and I turned it off. It’s never taken this long to alarm when I have taken her out and forgotten to turn it off before. Should I be concerned it’s not working properly/what should I check?
Hi Bel, thanks for the message. It is important, as mentioned on page 11 of the User Guide, to conduct daily performance tests to ensure the correct function of the unit. For your reference, the steps are as simple as: Daily Testing Operation You must conduct this quick performance test daily. • The performance test should be conducted while baby is not in cot and if there are any fans, air conditioning units, cot mobile, humidifier, ceiling projector or other devices in the babies room, please ensure you conduct the daily performance test with these devices turned on if applicable. • Turn device on and leave the room. • Ensure that alarm goes off within 20 seconds (due to absence of breathing movements). • In the case that the alarm does not sound within 20 seconds refer to troubleshooting on page 14. • The alarm may sound with or without preliminary ticking. • Check that alarm can be heard in all locations throughout the home or place of care. • This performance test must be conducted daily and every time you move the monitor, change bedding or relocate bassinet/cot position. If you continue to experience an issue with the normal function of the unit, we would suggest that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hi Oricom! I have the babysense2 - Does this breathing monitor emit any radiation at all? Thanks
Hi babycheck999, thanks for the message. The Babysense2 sensor pads, placed beneath the mattress, do not emit any radiation at all, and the radiation level coming from the control unit is so low that it does not require measurement. We hope that helps, but in the event that you would like to discuss, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hello :) I live in the middle of nowhere and it is a NECESSITY to have fans/evap/ split systems going, otherwise we will boil over. As winter has just ended, we’ve had to turn the air cons back on and I’ve noticed that because the plates are super sensitive, it picks up on the air flow and it doesn’t set off the alarm when the baby isnt in the cot. I literally cannot turn the fan or aircon off as it’s far too hot. How can I still have my air cons on and the monitor still be effective? LOVE LOVE the monitor and definitely gives me peace of mind. I just need a solution hopefully so I can continue to use the monitor to keep my sanity and be comfortable.
Hi Jojo, thanks for the message. Importantly, daily performance tests should be taken in accordance with the User Guide, and the performance test should be conducted while baby is not in cot. If there are any fans, air conditioning units, cot mobile, humidifier, ceiling projector or other devices in the babies room, please ensure you conduct the daily performance test with these devices turned on if applicable. Our locally based Oricom Support Team are equipped to troubleshoot the issues with you and come up with a solution, so please give them a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.Thank you for your response. I do conduct the testing fairly often- maybe not everyday but maybe very second day- that’s how I know that the fan and evap do effect the plates. I couldn’t live without using the monitor but I also need air con. How can I continue to use the monitor and have the air con on? Thank you.

Hi Oricom, I purchased the babysense 2 from baby bunting in april this year. I am having alot of difficulties with getting any alarm at all but have continuous clicking. I have done the following - two pad -lower sensitivity - wood on base of cot -one pad - no mobile - no heater And im still unable to get an alarm even when I am out of the room like suggested. Is there anything else I can do? I have contacted Babybunting as I have lost my reciept but have proof of purchase through my bank account and also using the baby bunting card. Looking forward to hearing from you, Tara
Hi Tara, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to discuss all of these issues with you to assist in resolving them. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to troubleshoot the issues and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hi - I have babysense2 and we can’t get the alarm to sound? When I test it the red light comes on by no noise?
After the red light, a blue light starts blinking every few seconds. If it doesn't detect the baby after some time, the alarm goes off (I usually forget to turn it off when I get the baby to feed) . Try re-calibrating as per the manual?Hi Jaloran, thanks for the message. For this one, we would suggest that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hi, my babysense2 unit was working fine for 2 months, and is still doing it , but now the greeen light is always on and it just flashes stronger which every breath. where could be the problem? Thanks
Hi Juan, thanks for the message. For this one, we would suggest that you please give our local Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in providing you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Whats the range on the unit through wifi? And will it still alarm if on wifi say in the shed 70m away. Thanks
Hi there, thanks for the message. The control unit of the Babysense2 utilises an audio alarm to alert you of the breathing movement of your baby. There is no WiFi connectivity with this unit. If you would like to discuss, please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the Oricom Support team will be able to discuss the unit with you. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hi, on more than one occasion now the babysense movement pad has alarmed, but the oricim monitor has not picked up the sound. And we have only become aware if one of us has woken to the faint noise from the other end of the house! This doesn’t seem normal?
Hi there, thanks for the message and for getting in touch. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you and would suggest that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

I have had my baby sense 2 for 8 months now (used for 3) and all of a sudden the screen on the monitor has gone fuzzy!! It has nearly completely impossible to see my baby. I have turned both the camera and the monitor on and off at the power but and nothing it is still fuzzy. How can I fix it?
The baby sense 2 doesn’t have a screen?? It’s just the breathing monitor / alarm.Hi Sally, thanks for the message. For this one, we would suggest that you give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives