Oricom BabySense

Oricom BabySense Questions & Answers

124 questions from our users

Zoe

Zoeasked

Hi I have a sc710 (very happy with it), now I'm wanting to add another camera and need to find the right combination. I want to have vox on both cameras. Is there a product combination that will work without any interference issues?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Zoe, thanks for the message. The SC710 is multi camera capable, but the VOX mode does not work the same in multi camera mode. For this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Disappointed26

Disappointed26asked

What is the difference between the Oricom 2 and 7 baby monitors?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. The Babysense7 is a smaller more compact control unit, with a more sleek aesthetic. The visual light indicator has changed from blue to green. Both units utilise two sensor pads which are placed under the babys mattress, and are both classified as a medical device on the ARTG. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Chele

Cheleasked

We have been using the babysense for about 3 months and the last 2 nights we have had 3 false alarms. We do the check daily and the alarms have gone off well after it's been switched on, this morning bub was moving and chatting when it was going off. Do you have any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Chele, thanks for the message. The Babysense is an extremely sensitive device and installation has to be perfect as per the User Guide instructions. As you mentioned, it is important that daily checks are made on the device, as per instruction on page 11. For this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to troubleshoot and assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Adam

Adamasked

I just changed the battery's on the monitor on this product and have performed numerous tests the lights are working correctly but the alarm isn’t going off. Any ideas? We won’t be sleeping tonight

Amber
Amber

It may be due to fan or vibrations such as aircon or heater, you could turn the sensitivity level down to 2 and see if it alarms wirhin the 20 seconds :) they are very sensitive

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Adam, thanks for the message. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Cindy K.

Cindy K.asked

when do you know to change the batteries thanks

Cindy
Cindy

The alarm will go off it will be like a false alarm but the light will keep on flickering.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Cindy, thanks for the message. General rule of thumb, and as per the User Guide, battery life approx. 6 months using high quality alkaline batteries, and there is a low battery warning light as per illustration 8 in the User Guide. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Murray P.

Murray P.asked

Hi our bassinet has a foam mattress that is maybe 3 inches thick. Will that be too thick?

Marlene S.Oricom

Hi Murray, Sorry to advise, but we do not recommend that a foam mattress is used with the Oricom Babysense. Unfortunately, a foam mattress is quite dense which could block the sensor's ability to pick up movement. ALl the best Oricom Baby Care.

Nli

Nliasked

How do you turn off the blue flashing light ? With an epileptic in house this is dangerous

Kate
Kate

I don’t think you can, the blue light is meant to be an indicator for each breath taken. You may have to contact the company and ask.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to discuss this with you. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Bianca

Biancaasked

We purchased the Oricom babysense2 Monitor just over 2 weeks ago when our daughter was born however when we do the check on it, after taking bubs out of the bassinet it takes a lot longer than 20 secs for the monitor to detect no movement & for the alarm to go off, do you know why this is? How do we fix this issue?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Bianca, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss with you so would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

disappointed001

disappointed001asked

My monitor was working fine in the bassinet but we moved bub to his cot tonight and the monitor doesnt work in there??? What could the problem be?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear and would love to discuss with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Shon

Shonasked

Hello,
Is there a possibility that the mattress in hubs cot is too thick for the sensor? It is a standard mattress from Baby Bunting.
We have used the babysense2 monitor with the bassinet and it’s fine- but in the cot it’s clicking constantly and flashing red.
All installed correctly- as per manual.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Shon, thanks for the message. As the Babysense2 is designed to be extremely sensitive, we would suggest that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to discuss with you, and have the unit working as designed. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Tamara L

Tamara Lasked

I had my baby home for 4 days before having to go back to the hospital to treat her jaundice. During these 4 days we used the apnea mats. Well my daughter has now been diagnosed with severe central sleep aponea. During her sleep study she stopped or had irregular breathing patterns 84 times in one hour. She is on home oxygen because her blood oxygen does drop during her sleeps. We are lucky we found this. This product has never alarmed to tell me my daughter isn’t breathing properly. Why? I’d really like to know. We used it before she diagnosed and continue to still use it. It’s designed to tell you your baby isn’t breathing properly, yet my daughter has a severe form of it.

Mamma Bear

Hmm, that may be a question for Oricom themselves. My only answer would be that i am wondering if perhaps she isnt stopping breathing for long enough to set off the machine. They are programmed to alarm after a very certain time frame, if she stops breathing for short bursts constantly it would register her breathing has stopped but wouldnt alarm because she begins to breathe again before the time is reached for the machine to siren.. if she stopped for the full length of time it should siren.

Have you tested ur monitor by turning it on with her in cot, taking her out and making sure it sirens when it no longer feels she is there? Id check to be sure that it does and if it is working correctly, my guess would be that she is only stopping for short times and not long enough to machine to need to worry.

I hope that helps but it is only a guess as i am not too sure.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Tamara, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss this with you and would ask that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. It is important that the device, which is designed to be extremely sensitive, is used exactly as the User Guide, and the team at Oricom Support will be able to assist in troubleshooting any issue with the setup with you. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Ivica J

Ivica Jasked

We have the Oricom - Babysense2 & Video Monitor Value Pack. Is there any way that when the babysence2 alarm goes off you can disarm it from the main monitor unit? we have had some false alarms resulting in a sprint to the babys room to disarm it and a startled baby. Can the babysence2 and the monitor sync together?

Mamma Bear

No. Certainty not that i know of anyway. They are sold as a bundle as most ppl require camera and monitor but they dont connect to each other

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Ivica, thanks for the message. Importantly, the Babysense2 and video baby monitors are stand alone units. When using the Babysense2, it is important to ensure that you are completing the daily testing requirement as outlined in the User Guide, to ensure the device is setup and working correctly. This will limit the false alarms. For your reference, the daily test is as below:

You must conduct this quick performance test daily.
• The performance test should be conducted while baby is not in cot and if there are any fans, air conditioning units, cot mobile, humidifier, ceiling projector or other devices in the babies room, please ensure you conduct the daily performance test with these devices turned on if applicable.
• Turn device on and leave the room.
• Ensure that alarm goes off within 20 seconds (due to absence of breathing movements).
• In the case that the alarm does not sound within 20 seconds refer to troubleshooting on page 14.
• The alarm may sound with or without preliminary ticking.
• Check that alarm can be heard in all locations throughout the home or place of care.
• This performance test must be conducted daily and every time you move the monitor, change bedding or relocate basenet/cot position.
IMPORTANT: You should not rely on Babysense2 in any location throughout the home or place of care where the alarm cannot be heard.

If you would like to speak to someone from our dedicated local support, please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

Melanie

Melanieasked

I have this monitor under my babies bassinet mattress... out of interest I put a book on the mattress (without the baby in it) to see what would happen and it didn’t go off. Would this mean there is something wrong with the monitor?

Jaimee
Jaimee

Of course be sure to triple check yours given how important this is but for us personally we had to put a hard board underneath the bassinet/co-sleeper bed because it was soft and wouldn’t work (sorry I had forgotten hubby did this before you mentioned it now). Hopefully the manufacturer replies also. I think they are made for hard cots possibly?

Mamma Bear

Hi Melanie. Yes i would say so. It is meant to monitor breath not weight. Does it go off when there is nothing in cot?? It may be that its picking up on air con or fan airflow and confusing it for baby breathing.. they are extremely touchy as babies are only little and take little breaths. Trial a few things around the room,, moving cot, turning off fan etc and if it still doesnt go off i would replace yours

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Melanie, thanks for the message. Importantly, the Babysense2 is an extremely sensitive device, and requires daily tests to ensure that it is working as designed. Please see the below instruction for the daily testing instruction, as per the User Guide:

Susie

Susieasked

How much is this system?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Suzie, the Babysense2 can be purchased from all leading baby retailers across Australia. The Babysense2 is sold as part of a monitoring bundle and all RRP's are listed on our website. Please check out the link below and use the Where to Buy tool on the Oricom website to find your local stockist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

HC123

HC123asked

Hi.
Can the babysense breathing monitor have a false alarm.?
My baby girl just turned 9 months and the alarm went off last night. We rushed in and she was fine. As soon as the lights came on she stirred.
When she was 32 days old the alarm alerted us to her not breathing and she was rushed to Hospital, it was a one off situation due to a couple of things but she has never had it again. She is fine and well today and I have loved the security of the monitor. But last night has really unsettled me and don’t know whether I should contact the doctor or if it just it having a false alarm, especially as she is totally fine this morning. I have done the trouble shoot this morning and we changed the batteries two weeks ago. Nothing seems out of order. Except we added the second pad in when we changed the batteries. She doesn’t have a huge cot but she had started to move around a bit. However when we woke her this morning she hadn’t. Any advice would be very helpful.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. With a device such as the Babysense2, it is important to ensure that you are conducting daily testing operation to ensure the correct function of the monitor. Page 11 of the User Guide explains this daily requirement:

• The alarm may sound with or without preliminary ticking.

We would love to discuss this with you, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

Shauna

Shaunaasked

Is there anything that can be done about the blue light it’s like a dance party in my babies room?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Shauna, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience with the blue light on the Babysense2 and would love to discuss this with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Bel

Belasked

We have the oricom sensor pad in our daughters bassinet. Today I took her out to settle her and about three minutes in i realised I hadn’t turned the alarm off and it was still flashing blue and not alarming... it then started to make the click noise as though it was about to alarm and I turned it off. It’s never taken this long to alarm when I have taken her out and forgotten to turn it off before. Should I be concerned it’s not working properly/what should I check?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Bel, thanks for the message. It is important, as mentioned on page 11 of the User Guide, to conduct daily performance tests to ensure the correct function of the unit. For your reference, the steps are as simple as:

• The alarm may sound with or without preliminary ticking.
• This performance test must be conducted daily and every time you move the monitor, change bedding or relocate bassinet/cot position.

If you continue to experience an issue with the normal function of the unit, we would suggest that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

babycheck999

babycheck999asked

Hi Oricom!
I have the babysense2 - Does this breathing monitor emit any radiation at all? Thanks

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi babycheck999, thanks for the message. The Babysense2 sensor pads, placed beneath the mattress, do not emit any radiation at all, and the radiation level coming from the control unit is so low that it does not require measurement. We hope that helps, but in the event that you would like to discuss, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Jojoasked

Hello :) I live in the middle of nowhere and it is a NECESSITY to have fans/evap/ split systems going, otherwise we will boil over. As winter has just ended, we’ve had to turn the air cons back on and I’ve noticed that because the plates are super sensitive, it picks up on the air flow and it doesn’t set off the alarm when the baby isnt in the cot. I literally cannot turn the fan or aircon off as it’s far too hot. How can I still have my air cons on and the monitor still be effective? LOVE LOVE the monitor and definitely gives me peace of mind. I just need a solution hopefully so I can continue to use the monitor to keep my sanity and be comfortable.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Jojo, thanks for the message. Importantly, daily performance tests should be taken in accordance with the User Guide, and the performance test should be conducted while baby is not in cot. If there are any fans, air conditioning units, cot mobile, humidifier, ceiling projector or other devices in the babies room, please ensure you conduct the daily
performance test with these devices turned on if applicable. Our locally based Oricom Support Team are equipped to troubleshoot the issues with you and come up with a solution, so please give them a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Jojo

Thank you for your response. I do conduct the testing fairly often- maybe not everyday but maybe very second day- that’s how I know that the fan and evap do effect the plates. I couldn’t live without using the monitor but I also need air con. How can I continue to use the monitor and have the air con on?
Thank you.

Tara K

Tara Kasked

Hi Oricom,

I purchased the babysense 2 from baby bunting in april this year. I am having alot of difficulties with getting any alarm at all but have continuous clicking. I have done the following
- two pad
-lower sensitivity
- wood on base of cot
-one pad
- no mobile
- no heater

And im still unable to get an alarm even when I am out of the room like suggested. Is there anything else I can do? I have contacted Babybunting as I have lost my reciept but have proof of purchase through my bank account and also using the baby bunting card.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Tara

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Tara, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to discuss all of these issues with you to assist in resolving them. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to troubleshoot the issues and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives