Bank Australia Questions & Answers

Online, Branches (See All)
Listing monitored by Bank Australia

40 questions from our users

Tim D.
Tim D.asked
Bank Australia

Where are branches in Tasmania?

Ste
Ste

I’m not here to help Bank Australia. I’m sure you could easily get that info from the internet

Julie
Julieasked
Bank Australia

Does Bank Australia have any branches in Tasmania?

PMar
PMar

At this stage, no. However, online access is available.

Almudena
Almudenaasked

Hello
I would like to you how much you charge for receiving wire transfers from the US in US dollars, and also which conversion rate you apply to exchange US dollars to AU dollars in this type of transaction. Thanks

Skedarasked

Hello,
I am trying to open a joint account with my wife who has recently moved to Australia after a 2 year visa and COVID-19 process. My current bank will not allow it without a lease or utilities bill in her name. One of the things that has made it hard to get her name on these items is not having a bank statement in her name. Going in circles here. She does have an Australian photo ID with her address from Service NSW, but my current bank will not accept this. Will Bank Australia accept this ID for us to open a joint account and transfer our banking over?
Thanks and regards.

Skedar

Ok, thanks I will look at this closer with this in mind. Kind regards.

Damara
Damaraasked
Bank Australia

Hi there. I’m considering changing to your bank from one of the big 4. I noticed that you have an arrangement with them that allows your customers to use their atms for free. Whilst this sounds incredibly convenient, my intention is to boycott these unethical giants of the banking industry at all costs. This connection with the big 4 is the only hesitation I have with joining your conscious banking community. I would be grateful to have more information on this arrangement with the big 4. Can your members make free withdrawals at Australia Post branches or is a cash out POS transaction the only way to avoid using the big 4 atms? Many thanks.

kathyasked
Bank Australia

I'm looking at leaving one of the big 4 banks,they don't care,I want a bank that treats there customers like they matter,not just a number.I have searched the reviews on many banks,and your bank has amazing reviews and the highest rating and great
feed back from customers. I'm looking at investing money into a savings account, I can access and gain interest at the same time,and is accessible on line, with great security,I will be removing all my money from this bank and my accounts

Gary G
Gary Gasked
Bank Australia

Hi, just wondering if you accept a government DVA and ComSuper pensions as income to be able to secure a personal loan? Thanks

Anonymous762asked

Dear Madam/Sir, Bank Australia Staff,
Please tell me, does your bank have high-level encryption on your internet banking, to help protect your clients and your bank against cybercrime?
Regards, Anonymous762

Bank A.Bank AustraliaSend a private message

Hi there Anonymous. We do indeed. If you'd like to chat about this, give us a call on 132 888 and we can talk you through it. - Sarah

Thank you Sarah.

Ally
Allyasked
Bank Australia

We are looking at moving from one of the big banks as we are really dissapointed with their services and support over the last few years. We are based in Sydney but about an hour away from the cbd branch so just a little worried about the support we will get with BankAust? We have 2 daughters under 5 and we want to have a seperate savings account for them both but i cannot find information about this on your website, is this something we are able to do with BankAust? If we are to make the move from our current bank we would want to move all our accounts including a personal loan and set up a credit card, what would be the best way to go about this given we dont have a branch close by? I have read amazing reviews of your bank online so would love to join BankAust but just need to clarify these few things to ensure it is the right move for us.

Hazel D
Hazel D
kathy

Thankyou for the positive feedback about this Bank

Plo
Ploasked
Bank Australia

Hello! We are looking for a bank to move our business accounts to. Currently with Commbank and unhappy with their hidden charges and sneaky changing of terms and services. Would love to hear from other customers who have business accounts specifically with Bank Aust. What are you charged for (any hidden costs?) and is it possible to have additional card holders on a biz account?
Unfortunately, their website doesn't provide much info on the business account option. Thanks!

Roger
Roger

Can't help with business accounts, but would strongly suggest that you walk into a branch and ask them.
I'm sure that, although they may need to refer you to a business section, you will be impressed with the service.

Anonymous762asked

Dear Bank Madam/Sir, Bank Australia Staff,

Are you going to bring a branch to Geelong?

There are many people including greenies, students, environmentalists, and animal lovers, in the Geelong area who would be interested in joining Bank Australia if you moved a branch to Geelong. Geelong is the 2nd largest city in Victoria.
Unfortunately, not all banking can be carried out over the internet.

cockatoo
cockatoo
Anna H.
Anna H.asked
Branches

Hi, we live in tasmania and we’re wanting to switch to Bank of Aus but there are no branches in our state. Will banking be difficult without a branch?

Mike T.
Mike T.asked
Bank Australia

My partner and I are moving to Aus from NZ and would like to open personal accounts and a joint account before we move. How can we accomplish this?

Collette Nathan
Collette Nathan
kathyasked
Bank Australia

What are your interest rates and do you have online banking,and are you goverment backed

kathy

I will call you tomorrow

Marg Owen
Marg Owenasked
Bank Australia

How much can I pay someone via pay anyone. I will need to pay contractor $3560. Is this ok, I will of course have funds available. Thank you Margaret

Bank A.Bank AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Marg! The limit is $2000 however, if you give us a call on 132 888, we can help you do a larger transfer. I hope that helps! - Sarah

Sushil B.
Sushil B.asked

Hi
I am an Australian living in Sydney - I have an investment property in Miami, USA financed by an US bank. Can Bank Australia refinance mortgages of investment properties in the USA?

Bank A.Bank AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Sushil, thanks for your query. Unfortunately we only provide mortgages for properties in Australia. Thanks, Bank Australia team.

S Smith
S Smithasked
Bank Australia

I get paid Tuesday when will it process

Alex
Alexasked

Hi,

Why do you have so many more reviews on this website than other banks (often much larger!). Do you direct your customers to leave feedback?

I'm looking for a new bank (sick of being with a Big 4) and I'm skeptical of your score as it seems potentially artificially inflated compared to other banks.

Alex.

Bex
Bex
Phil L
Phil L
sam
samasked
Bank Australia

Hi. I am Australian from Brisbane working overseas...am I eligible for a home loan to buy a house for my wife and kids in Brisbane? Thanks you.
Please reply to samsydney2165@gmail.com

Bank A.Bank AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Sam. We've asked our Lending team to get in touch. Please delete this query as your email is publicly listed. Thanks, Bank Australia team.

Fay W.
Fay W.asked
Branches

How do i set with an Association’s account needing 3 signatories.
Fay

Bank A.Bank AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Fay, you can have this set up by calling us on 132 888 or visiting a branch. Thanks - Bank Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Bank Australia representatives