Baracuda Captura

Baracuda Captura Questions & Answers

10 questions from our users

Renee b.

Renee b.asked

I also have the captura it isn’t working at all, I have phoned and waited too long, I have sent two emails also, my cleaner is still under warranty. Any advice how to send it back?

ty k.

ty k.asked

We brought this December 2018 and since December and there’s no traction. It turns on and releases to bubbles like it’s going to start but then nothing. I’ve tried pulling it apart but nothing. Has anyone experienced this? Or know how I fix this issue. Cheers

Arlene K.

Arlene K.asked

How do you set the time cycle on the barracuda captura plus, mine switches off after cleaning for an hour?

Baz

That's pretty much all you get...it's supposed to run for 2.5hrs but mine never does..I run it for 3 or 4 cycles

Julie

Julieasked

There are sections of the pool at one end the captura is not cleaning. What do I do?

Baz

I have the same issue...the only way I can get it to clean most of the pool is to run it 3 cycles..about 7hrs..I suppose this w I'll shorten the life of the cleaner...it also doesn't handle the fine material

Julia smith

Julia smithasked

I have a long step along the length of my pool which the Barracuda only cleans part of hit and miss. I have a smaller one opposite too which it doesnt clean at all. The rest of the pool is sparklingly clean. It works great for that. Anyone have suggestions. Our pool is light pebble/ concrete. Thank you

Mark H.

Mark H.asked

Why has captura been discontinued?

Fiona Moore

Fiona Mooreasked

Looking to purchase a robotic pool cleaner suitable for a tiled pool? Any advice would be appreciated Thanks.

Nick K.asked

My Captura does a reasonable job in my fibreglass pool but it spends most of its time down the deeper end of the pool and very rarely comes up the shallow end, i also have steps on both sides of the pool that it doesnt climb or clean? Any particular reason it would this? I also have the cord straightened out and place it in at different areas of the pool to test if it has a difference but always does the same.

Rufus

I had similar behaviour at first. I put it down to the slope of the pool, the cable tangle, the jets from the filter pump. No, it the machine learning. After five or six cleaning sessions, the machine was climbing the steps at the shallow end (except the very top one, as the machine would be sticking half out of the water). And cleaning right in front of the filter outlets without getting blown away. Give it time. I’ve been using the floor setting, rather than floor & walls. Don’t know for sure, but that might have been when the machine began covering the stairs and shallow end better. Hope this helps.

Nick K.

Thanks for the reply Rufus, ive had this for about 3 months and its probably done 50 to 60 cleans so it should have learnt by now i would have thought?

Jo B.asked

Put our new barracuda in today and it can’t seem to go up the wall. It gets stuck at the wall for a few minutes before it changes course.? It doesn’t seem to be able to grip and the wheels just spin. We have a fibreglass pool. I tried it on every level. I Cleaned the filter even though it didn’t have much in it and brushed the walls down before trying again with no luck.

Rufus

Yep, ours did the same, in fibreglass pool. We turned the suction up to try and compensate, without any changes. After a few (well several) cycles, the walls were brushed clean and the Baracuda climbs easily up to the surface of the water on 3. Now it chuggs around the pool no probs.

Zodiac
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Jo, Are you able to confirm the Ph level of the pool? Thanks.

Jo B.

Thanks for the responses. The pool is brand new and they have just finished concreting so we will get in and check the levels ect - so the PH level can have an affect?
We will attempt a few more times and see how it goes.

Vicki B

Vicki Basked

How does this Baracuda Captura go with twigs and leaves on the bottom of the pool? Want a cleaner that will not continually jam.

Rufus

No jams so far. We just pull the big sticks out of the pool when we drop the machine in. I get the feeling it would ride over the top of them anyway. And the small ones get brushed up with the leaves. I wrote my review because I was so impressed with the design, otherwise I normally don’t bother :)

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives