Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

MPNs: BOV860BSS and BOV860BTR

29 questions from our users

Andy

Andyasked

I heard that the AU version does not have the dehydration function, can anyone confirm this?

Gayle asked

Hi team I am considering purchasing a Breville Smart Oven but I have not been able to find out if it is possible to install it into my caravan using the space I have for my microwave. I am concerned that it might need more breathing space around it. Could please advise me if it possible to safety install it in my van. Many thanks. Cheers Gayle

Linda
Linda

It is the same size as a micro wave and will fit in a caravan but don’t waste your money I sent emails and pictures of my air fryer with a question of how to clean it , it is a nightmare to clean and after several times asking I got a very sarcastic email try using a scourer and soap and water :/ I will never buy a breville product again Customer service sucks

Gayle

Thanks Linda did not think about it being up high and difficult to clean. Cheers

Ed Z

Ed Zasked

Can a pan be lined with foil and used only for baking in the BOV860BSS oven? Like to heat food on the supplied non-stick pizza pan or the enamel roasting pan. To help with clean up.

ginny k.

ginny k.asked

Space required for both air fryers length depth and height

clearlipstick

clearlipstickasked

Breville.. I love your products in general. Beautiful appearance and quality. Please is there any update on when us Australians will see the 13 function larger capacity unit?

Renata W.

Renata W.asked

Can this be put into the space of a microwave? and are there minimal space dimensions required so the unit can ventilate etc? Thank you :)

Danikaasked

What is the difference between Breville The Smart Oven Air Fryer BOV 860 BTR and BOV 860 BSS models. Which one is better? (Both seems to be same in price)

Robyn R
Robyn R

This is just from my personal research and not in anyway a professional opinion but there appeared to be differing options on the function panel. Basically the one I bought had me at the air-fryer function. Compare the function options for the one that fits your needs.

Alan
Alan

Hi Danika,
Both models have identical functions, the only difference in the models is the item code for the type of finish and colour of the unit. I have the BOV860BSS model which is Brushes Stainless Steel. a great kitchen appliance. My gas top cooker and gas oven have not been used in the passed four years.

Hi Alan
Thank you very much for the information. Just bought my one and I love it.

Deborah J.asked

Can you put a air fryer oven in a confined microwave recess instead of the microwave

Brian

Probably, but check the space surrounding it - it gets hot, just like an oven, only smaller...

Rosetta D.

Rosetta D.asked

Is it true that if you have solar the oven doesn't work...seems very strange

Apple

I have solar system at home and I use this oven nearly everyday with no issue at all.

Allan

Allanasked

Can this be used in a caravan and how many watts used

St John M.
St John M.

possibly
it needs clearance around it and ac power
dunno the power usage

Brian

It uses a normal 240v power outlet. It would be perfect in a caravan, you would not need an oven, only a hotplate.

M.A.C

M.A.Casked

What is the difference between the normal oven and the air fry oven, other than the price .

Apple

You can use it as an air fryer as well.

Steve83aus

Steve83ausasked

Hi everyone, i am considering buying the Breville Smart Oven (air fryer) i just wondered do any of the functions create a lot of smoke?
Cheers

crisssydoll
crisssydoll

Yes they do, i have to have the kitchen exhaust fan on at the same time

Robyn B

Robyn Basked

When air frying, can you use a liner to place in the sealed tray on the bottom rack and , if so, what should the liner be made of.

Than you, Mickey.

X Breville customer

X Breville customerasked

Yes I like everyone here from Australia decided to purchase the Breville Air with all the additional features eg bread proofing and dehydration features to get rid of other appliances as featured in many YouTubes only to discover the so called latest Smart Oven Air does not include these features. So ripped off. Why are we always behind the US in everything. Looks like I did not do enough research. I always put in search for Australia only and I am still provided with incorrect information. I regret purchasing a Breville product, I should have gone for the Cuisinart product at least it was a lot cheaper. Not happy!

Cindy M.

I agree. The smart oven *air fryer in US is also a microwave....not in Australia, you still need a seperate microwave. Plus no food dehydrator like US version.
I also purchased after watching YouTube thinking the difference in name was just because US and AUS often have different names.
I'm very disappointed as well.

kerry
kerry

Same here just went to proof some dough and saw that this is not on the australian model, and after reading this to find that there is no dehydrator as well disappointed didnt enter my mind after googling breville smart oven air fryer when only one came up that I had purchased the correct one

Anne
Anne

I just found that out myself. I am wondering if Breville have misled us as consumers. In none of my research, did it ever say NOT AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA. Imagine my surprise (which very quickly turned to disappointment) when I opened up my box only to find that there is no dehydration or proofing feature.

Clarice E.

Clarice E.asked

Can silicone mats be used for easier cleanup?

Therese

Thereseasked

Why is Australia considered the poor cousin? I felt totally cheated as I did an immense amount of research before buying the product. Sadly though, I did not realise we down under truly were considered underlings and were being sold a much smaller, and lesser quantity machine. My family also were unimpressed when it could not do as many things as I had promised, nor fit many of our own cooking trays it in. I thought Breville was a company to be trusted but have had my fingers well and truly burnt!

Robert Reeves

I have to say, i was in the same boat here Therese. I had watched many youtube videos on this product and hadnt realise after purchasing that the ANZ unit was infact the smaller version of the 2 offerered in the US. Whilst i am very impressed with it, i would have liked to have fitted all my existing trays into it!!

Sonias

Soniasasked

Can meat be cooked in a glad oven bag in the air fryer

Euan
Euan

I have absolutely no idea what this oven can do. After it failed completely during the pre-use heating I returned it to the shop and got my money back.

Renee B

Renee Basked

Hi,
Can the Breville Smart Oven/ Air Fryer model BOV860 go into a microwave slot or does it need a lot of air movement around it?

Robert Reeves

It gets really hot on top of the unit and i see vapor coming out the left hind side when air frying or roasting. It would need some clearance on left and top.

Bron

Bronasked

Can you air fry using two mesh baskets at the same time?

Alec H.
Alec H.

Yes just swap rack levels at the half way cooked point so both get the side stream convection fan on High

Ann A.

Ann A.asked

Can I use the broiler pan under the air fryer to protect from drips? Can I line the pan with a silicone cookie sheet? Also can I use foil containers to warm up my food ?

john1818
john1818

Yes to a using the baking pan on the shelf under the Airfryer rack . Yes to using silicone or baking paper and yes to foil .. it’s not a microwave so any containers you use in a standard oven can be used

Cindy M.

Thank you! I was wondering the same things!

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives