DeLonghi Magnifica S ECAM22110SB

MPNs: 35904036, 6785, ECAM22110B and ECAM22110SB

346 questions from our users

MegB

MegBasked

Delonghi Magnifica S descale light remains on after descaling and rinsing process. Have tried to factory reset but red light remains on?

Jack S.

Do the descale again if the red light stays on that mean that the descale was not completed i.a.w it forget something during the descale proces

Megan Williamsasked

Hello,
We have just purchased our ECAM22.11X. We have been using it for four days. Today, when I turned it off, it didn't go through its automatic rinse cycle. I turned it on again and it didn't perform the automatic rinse cycle then either. I emptied out and cleaned the coffee grounds container and drip tray and replaced them. I then ran the B5 button to perform a rinse cycle to check that it actually worked - it did.
But the rinse cycle doesn't happen when I turn the machine on or off. The water tank is full.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Megan, when you turned the machine on, did you make any coffees? Or just perform the steaming function?
If so, the rinse cycle will not perform as the machine has registered that, that particular section wasn't used and it won't need to do its rinse cycle.
Also, if you turn the machine on straight after turning it off, then it won't do the rinse cycle as the machine knows it was only just turned off.

Megan Williams

Thank you so much. I ended up doing a reset. I had been making coffee but after that the water level indicator came on. I thought it would still go through the final rinse because there was still some water in the tank, however it didn't. I then filled the tank but I think it was still registering that the tank was empty - all started working fine when I turned everything off and on again.
I didn't realise that when the water level indicator came on, that it would not use the water that was still in the tank. It is not just a 'warning'. It is the final demand.
Thank you for your help.

Charles B.

Charles B.asked

I have a brand new Delonghi Magnifica 22.127.B sincerament 2 days and the coffee really is excellent. But maybe a problem making cappuccino crème. It appears that there should be a whole in the side of the outer wand. But there is only an indentation on mine and no hole. I suspect this is an important feature in order to make a perfect cappuccino. I hope you can help.

Clair M.

Clair M.asked

Hi there, I just purchased my Magnifica S (it's my 3rd Delonghi Magnifica machine in the last 17 years as I love them) but after making my first few cups of coffee I noticed the drip tray was filling with water (nearly 200ml), and no it's not from the initial start up as I have a cup under the nozzles to prevent it from going in to the drip tray. Please help!

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Clair, there is an internal pipe leading to the drip tray so every time you make a coffee a little bit of water will go into the drip tray, so depending on how many coffee was made this could have filled up.
But if the machine is filling up too quickly and with too much water this isn't normal so you can either DIRECT message us with your best contact details and we will forward them to our customer service team or alternatively ring them directly on 1800 126 659.

Maxwell S.asked

Hi,
I have a DeLonghi Magnifica S model number ECAM2211OSB and it has been the best coffe maker ever for so long. Lately though it will go through the start up and begin to make coffee but no coffee comes out the spout and water goes straight into the drip tray. Also the coffee grounds do not come out like a ‘puck’ anymore but all loose in the grounds tray. Funny thing is that sometimes it still works properly but more often than not it fails as above. Tried all types of fixes, including descaling, using the steaming to clear air bubbles, cleaning the machine etc. Has anyone had this problem and how do we fix it?. Thanks.

Hi Maxwell,
Try cleaning the brewing unit of the machine, it is located behind the water tank and you will be able to remove this by turning your machine off (it will need to do it's rinse cycle). Make sure to rinse with regular tap water (no soap) then shake dry and put it back in.
See if this helps but if it doesn't then you can either DIRECT message us with your best contact details and we will pass it onto our customer service team or alternatively ring them directly on 1800 126 659.

Hi,

Yeah I have already done that a number of times and cleaned it throughly inside. By brewing unit I assume you mean diffuser as in the manual?. This is the component behind the water tank with two red clips you squeeze in to remove?. Tried cleaning nozzle where coffe comes out also with no real success. Gone back to linger coffee for now but really would like a ground bean coffee :)

Hi Maxwell,
Yes this is the diffuser. It sounds like you are doing everything correctly so I would suggest getting in contact with our customer service team so we can get someone to assess your machine and make sure everything is working correctly :) You can either DIRECT message us with your best contact details and we will pass it onto our customer service team or alternatively ring them directly on 1800 126 659 :)

podikorasked

Milk frother is not steaming with screeching noise. It only heats up milk but not frothing at all. How do I fix it?

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Podikor, has this only happened recently or has this been happening the whole time?

To stop the screeching noise and to get nice frothy milk, bring the steam wand just on the edge of the milk. If the steam wand is too far inside the milk then it will create a screeching noise while if it is too far out it will have a gurgling sound so try and find the edge of the milk and it was become a quite sound. To create froth keep it on the edge of the milk and this will stretch the milk and create froth.

podikor

It only started happening last 2 days and it has been working fine since purchase 4 months ago.

Hi Podikor,
Try the above tips and see if they help. If they don't check that your steam wand isn't missing any o-rings as this can affect the way it makes coffee. If you still need further help you can either DIRECT message us with your best contact details and we will pass it onto our customer service team or alternatively ring our customer service direct on 1800 126 659.

Mikey

Mikeyasked

Hi
Cleaned my infuser today on my Magnifica s(ecam 22.110) when I turned it back on there’s a loud noise which I guess is from the water pump and no water is delivered...any ideas on how to fix it?

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Mikey, you can either DIRECT message us your best contact details and we will pass it onto our customer service team or alternatively ring them directly on 1800 126 659 and they will be able to help you further :)

Kyle

Kyleasked

I was adjusting my coffee mill but I turned the grinder when the coffee was being delivered not when the coffee beans were grinding I have done it multiple times. Have I been doing it wrong ?

Jack S.

Hi No there is no other way maybe u should clean it with avvacuum cleaner
Did u use different coffee beans ?

Hi Kyle,
When adjusting the coarseness of your coffee, we suggest to change it while the beans are grinding as this will minimise any chance of a bean getting stuck within the grinder.
Once you have changed the coarseness it will take around 5 grinds for the grinder to change its settings and give you an accurate reading of the coffee.

Karen P.

Karen P.asked

Hi my machine is 5 years old and after rescaling the rescale light and triangle light won't go off and machine won't make coffee at all

Jack S.

Hi Karen That means it was missed one step during the rescaling ,to solved this u can bring the machine to factory settings Correct steps are for the reset
Machine plugged in but put the main switch off (0) Press and hold the buttons (ON & Short Coffee) left side up and middle and flip the MAIN switch on the back to ON
Release the 2 (front) buttons AFTER the 2 coffee buttons are blinking left and right
To complete the procedure, switch the machine ON with the front switch and wait for it to perform the normal
"washing/warming" cycle
Then switch it OFF with the main switch ON THE BACK Wait TEN seconds and switch the main switch on the back to ON
All LEDS light up short Switch the machine back ON with the front button NOW IT IS FACTORY RESET

I hope that this solve your problem

David
David

Thanks. This solved my problem

Carly W

Carly Wasked

I have run the descaling solution through x2 Thinking I may have missed a step. But my light is still staying on.

During the last rinsing process is water meant to come out of double spouts or wand?

Jack S.

Hi Carly Thx I ll try it twice but it s not working When the signs disappear it come back again after .
when i brew a cup of espresso When this is finish i put the hot water/steam to the (I) position it disappear then but it comes every time back after when i brew a cup of coffee sorry thx

Hi Carly,
Have you tested your water hardness? Your machine may have a different setting to your water which will make it want to descale more often than it should. Here is a how-to video on how to set the water hardness.
As for completing your descale, since you have already completed it but the light is still on, you will need to do another descale as it could have not finished fully but this time you won't have to add descaling liquid.
When doing your descale again, after step 10 within the manual go back to step 9 once over and this should complete the cycle.

Hi Jack,
Try the above and also check your water hardness for your machine. Here is a how-to video on how to set the water hardness.

Jack S.asked

Good afternoon
I have for several weeks a De Longhi ecam 22.110 but I have problems with it eg the device gives alternating water flow and three lights remain lit
Light for receipt box fixed
Light for water flashing
Lamp triangle fixed
I have tried everything to repair this, but no success.
Any Idea?

Hi Jack,
If you could please either DIRECT message us with your contact details and we will pass on your details to our customer service team or alternatively ring us directly on 1800 126 659 and we will be able to help you further :)

Ravia C.asked

Hi. I bought a Delonghi magnifica smart s over weekend and when trying to froth milk in my new machine, it makes the milk really watery but does not create foam. Have tried both milk and cappuccino setting, but no luck. Any advise?

Hi Ravia,
When using the steam wand on this machine, always make sure to press the steam button on the front of the machine and wait until the light stops flashing to then turn the steam wand on to start your steam process.
The best way to froth your milk would be to set it to the cappuccino option and then place the steam wand one inch in the milk and then hold it at that place. The milk will start to increase.
We have attached a how-to video to help you as well.

Ravia C.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I will give a try with the video and your instructions.

Gloria P.

Gloria P.asked

Hello
I have a Magnifica S. When I turn the machine on it makes a very loud grinding noise. I descale and clean it regularly because of it being used constantly.
Amalia

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Gloria, has this happened everytime you turn the machine on?
When turning the machine on you will hear like a gears moving noise which is the brewing unit turning from a diagonal position to an upright position. You will be able to take out the brewing unit as there is a door located behind the water tank. The machine will have to be fully turned off, including the rinse cycle.

Mark Walkr

Mark Walkrasked

The triangle is flashing so we switched the machine off via the top LH button and then tried to remove the diffuser for cleaning. The diffuser will not disengage so we can pull out. We have tried a number of times to switch on/off etc. But it will not disengage for cleaning

Hi Mark,
To remove the brewing unit you will need to turn the machine off at the front on/off button and let the machine do its full rinse cycle, during this you should be able to hear noises of the machine working and that would be the brewing unit going from an upright position to a diagonal. Once it has done its complete cycle then you can take the water tank out and remove the brewing unit.

Sigmond G.

Sigmond G.asked

Hello, tried to descale however it takes forever it could no complete its process recon water level sensor could be at fault, how to make sure indicator for low water is working?

Hi Sigmond,
Let us know how you go.

simone

simoneasked

i have just put my delonghi magnifica s on a descale. It let out a little bit of water for 2 seconds now the lights of the triangle and the bowl are flashing and the jug in the middle is a solid light. Have i done a step wrong at all
Thanks for your help

Hi Simone,
These warning lights would indicate that the grind is too fine for a coffee to be delivered so the machine may not have registered that a descale should have been performing instead. What is your coarseness on? It is located within the bean container and should be ranging from 1-7.
As for completing a descale, here is a how-to video explaining how to do a descale:

Rhondda

Rhonddaasked

Hi I bought a delonghi Magnifica Smart four days ago. My husband drinks ordinary coffee using the bean dispenser and I drink decaf using the coffee grounds compartment. This function worked for the first three days but now it will not dispense a cup using the ground coffee dispenser. We only use a level spoonful of ground coffee. Advice please. Thanks.

Hi Rhondda,
Make use the pre-ground shute is clean and there isn't any left over coffee residue as this could affect the coffee being made. Also always make sure the strength dial is turned to the spoon icon for the machine to make a pre-ground coffee. Here is a how-to youtube video showing how to use it, if everything doesn't work then contact us and we can help you further :)
Also here is a how-to video on cleaning the pre-ground shute

Lenos

Lenosasked

Hello,
how often do you guys descale the machine?
descale light comes up every 2-3 weeks which seems way too often. I am using bottled water with an average 4-5 double shot espresso per day.

Hi Lenos,
Have you tested your water hardness? The machines are automatically set to the highest water hardness which would mean you have to descale quite often.
There should be a litmus test within the manual that you can test your water on. Once you've tested your water, whichever level comes up on the test you will need to change the machine settings to match and depending on which setting you are on will depend on how often you will have to descale your machine :)
Let us know if you need any help with changing your water hardness on the machine :)

Steve Berkowitz

Steve Berkowitzasked

Magnifica S began making a loud buzzing noise when dispensing milk, doesn’t do it every cup but often enough to wonder what’s wrong, cappuccino smart machine

Hi Steve,
When frothing your milk, if it starts to make a loud high pitched sound, try bringing your milk jug slightly out so the steam wand is on the edge of the milk and that should get rid of any high pitched sounds :)

Heatherasked

Hi there,

I've had my machine for almost 3 months. I'm still struggling to get a strong cup of coffee and it seems quite watery. When I watch the coffee coming out, it starts off looking dark and creamy but shortly after its pale and watery. I've set the machine to fill my cup up about half way with coffee (and then I fill the rest with milk). I have been using the top right 'long coffee' button.

I've got the grind set to the finest, the dial at the front is up to max and I use Grinders Crema Coffee Beans (I've tried other brand including DeLonghi but still get that watery taste).

And secondly, I find that the light telling me to empty the grinds container turns on sometimes when I only have 3 used coffee block thingies (sorry, what's it called when the coffee is emptied into the tray?!). The container has never been anywhere near full when the light turns on - is this normal?

Thank you!

doesthatmakesense
doesthatmakesense

I had the same problem and read through a lot of blogs, read reviews and watched Youtube videos looking for pointers. Eventually came across a couple of suggestions that worked. I found a review by a coffee blogger who recommended the machine highly but said that it isn't strong enough to push the water through when the grind is too fine. He said anything finer than 3 probably won't work. So, how to find the setting for your bean? Instructions say to start coarse and work your way up, but I've found it better to go the other way as you want to strongest extraction you can get. So what do with each new bean is turn the grinder all the way to 1 (remember to only adjust the grinder when it is grinding), dose dial on the front to 100% and then dial each of them back bit by bit until it gets to the point where the coffee is extracting well, as that'll be its best strength. At finest grind, it'll either choke and come through drop at a time or it'll just go around the coffee in the infuser rather than through it, and you'll get a weak watery no crema result (this is the more likely scenario in my experience) and the grinds will be dry and powdery. Keep adjusting back bit by bit, and you will see that it's getting there when the crema improves and the puck (the used grinds) will be a dark colour and will hold together if you pick it up. If the puck is light coloured and crumbles easily or has light coloured sections in the middle if you break it in half, it's too fine and the water isn't going through it, go one click coarser on the grinder and/or reduce the dose dial by 10% and try again. With the beans I have at the moment, I have the grinder on 3 and the dose dial at 3/4s. I've only had one bean that worked on grinder 1, but that was Starbucks Dark Roast, an oily bean that another blogger I found said don't use, as the oils will end up clogging the grinder on this machine. I've tried some beans from a local roastery, which were very fresh and they worked on setting 2. Supermarket beans seem to need at least 3 to work. Another useful tip I found in a review was to reduce the water amount for each button (instructions are in the manual). I have mine set at 20ml for the single shot and 40ml for the double shot, to get just the first press concentrated flavour and not the weak watery stuff that follows it. Depending on the beans, sometimes I can use one 40ml reduced pour double shot, but with the beans I have at the moment, I make a 220ml flat white with 2 x 20ml reduced pour single shots and that works. If I try a 40ml reduced pour double shot with those beans, it's too weak and I end up having to add another 20ml shot to get it to a decent strength. This may or may not be the way that this machine is intended to operate, but as it was, on standard settings the coffee I was getting was so weak I was considering returning it as not fit for purpose, so will go with what works.
For your other question about the indicator light, suggest you call Delonghi Customer Care. Their staff are very good and happy to help troubleshoot over the phone.

Heather

Oh wow, thank you so much for this! Really appreciate it! I will try all you have suggested, thank you again!! Legend!

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives