Dux Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

Dux Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank) Questions & Answers

12 questions from our users

Michael Keaneasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

Hi, can I use my hot water heater will the solar panels are being serviced.

GDAY Michael
I'm only guessing but I think you would have to get a plumber to bypass the panels
Have you asked the company doing the service?
Good luck

Thank you.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for raising this question.

You will be able to get limited hot water via element. Your plumber will need to disconnect the flow and return lines to the collectors at the tank, power off the solar module (this is the controller and pump) and you will have 1/2 the tank capacity available by element as it is located 1/2 way up the tank. You will need to take that into consideration, only 157L will be available at a time via element.

Jeffers W.

Jeffers W.asked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

Hello I have a Dux Sunpro model 4F1635 and it has worked well up until this point. The middle roof panel of 3 panels (7 pipe/ 2.01 metres X 1.01 metre panel) developed a leak after a heavy frost. It is a sinple fracture of the top PVC pipe intersecting with the first heating pipe.
Can this fracture be fixed or does the panel need to be replaced (Hopefully still available.)

Sorry Without seeing it I couldn’t say
Have you tackled DUX with this?
Cheers

Hi Jeffers,

Our team would like to speak with you at your earliest convenience so we can get this sorted.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Steveasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

I have a Sunpro 3f136S and at night it has started to make a high pitch squeeling noise (like an alarm buzzer sounding) It is not present during the day (night temps 5-8oC) I go to the unit and it is very noticable - producing great hot water annoying buzz the last 3 days what could be happening??

Hi Steve
Sorry I don’t know
Maybe the pressure release valve is leaking slightly check the outlet pipe to see if water is escaping
Cheers

Steve

thank you I ll check Is that the air relief valve on the collector plates?

Steve

The relief valve at the tank is OK

zakalia

zakaliaasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

where can I get Anode Dux 3F136S ?

Hi Zakalia,

It's our pleasure to answer your question.

You can purchase any parts from local plumbing stores like Bunnings, Reece , Plumber supplier
or Plumbers co-op.

If you need any help please call us on 1300 365 115.

zakalia

zakaliaasked

where can I get Anode for Dux 3F136S ? Thanks

gday Zak
have you tried a Plumbing supply company like Benton's
cheers

Hi Zakalia,

It's our pleasure to answer your question.

or Plumbers co-op.

If you need any help please call us on 1300 365 115.

Thanh Dung N.

Thanh Dung N.asked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

Water is only hot enough for shower without mixing cold water. How can I make water more hot? Thanks

Hi Thanh,

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back and talk through the issue?

Gday Thanh
If this is a solar model, I'd start by finding the exact model of the "solar controller module" which runs the unit.
To do this requires removing the main cover over this controller and the pump.

See my previous posts on the safe way to do this.

Once you have the cover off find the make and model of the controller and go on line to download the full PDF instruction manual (if you can find one)
Read this and use the fault finding chart to pinpoint the likely cause.
cheers

Helen

Helenasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

3F136S Running out of hot water after a wash up and one shower.

Hi Helen,

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Our team would like to resolve this for you. If you can email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au we would greatly appreciate it.

CJUngerasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

I tryed to buy one to day as the tank is now leaking just under 10 years and told there would be aweek delay thankd DUX.Were do you get them ? who has them in stock?

Mac

I am sorry but I can't answer as to where to buy them Try on the internet. I would stay clear of Dux if I were you'

Hi CJUnger,

May we know what city are you from?

Best Regads,

CJUnger

where can they be purchased in sydney or mosevale who keep them in stock not bunnings there a special order. thanks

cj

The Lad

The Ladasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

I have a Dux Sun Pro off peak and Solar water heater, the mixer valve is on the way out. Would it harm the system to use it until the valve is compleatly done?
I have been told I can remove the valve, it's unnecessary, then I can go back to scalding pigs with my hot water.

Hi The Lad,

Mac

Hi mate I am sorry but I have not had a problem of this nature. The best person to speak to would be your local plumber, he should be able to help.

Hi The Lad,

The tempering valve is a mandatory plumbing fixture under Australian Standards AS3500.4.
If this is becoming faulty, the valve needs to be serviced or replaced by a licensed plumber.

Chris Basked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

My Sunpro 3F136S (6 years old) has suddenly lost almost all water pressure. (Only a dribble comes out of the hot water tap). The cold water to the house is OK.

I opened both PTR's. Hot water flows from both of these at what appears to be good pressure.
Can anyone please help?

Dux H.Dux

Hi Chris, Thanks for your question, our Product Specialist team will get back to you shortly. Best Regards, The Dux Team

Hi Chris,

From the symptoms you have described, it seems that the Solar Tempering Valve (which is fitted to the plumbing) is needing servicing or replacement.

The valve mixes cold water with hot water from the tank to deliver hot water into the house at 50 Deg C to the sanitation areas per AS3500.4

Malfunctioning of the valve can result in variations in temperature and pressure, for safety when the valve fails, it will only supply cold water.

Please contact your plumber or our After Sales and Service on 1300 365 115 Option2 to arrange our Service Agent to attend.

Hi 'Dux Team'

Many thanks for your help. My local plumber replaced the Solar tempering valve as you recommended, and the issue has gone away. In fact I am getting better water pressure from the hot water than ever. Perhaps the original valve was a bit 'Suss'.
Thanks for your prompt advice.

Kevin

Kevinasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

Hi How do I replace a anti frost valve on solar collector panel?
Kevin

Jesse

Go to a different company - Dux do not support there products

Peter F
Peter F

Never done it, but it’s just a plumbing fitting, so would be pretty straight forward, turn the water off, search which direction it should be facing and tape and tighten, check to make sure it’s not leaking when the weather is warm, they leak under pressure on cold mornings, ( I’m not a plumber so all is ... I guess )

ALLAN

ALLANasked

Sunpro 3F136S (Storage Tank)

Hi, my dux sunpro model 3f136s is leaking water out of the power cable inlet, & I cannot see where its coming from. Can you help please.?

Jim
Jim

Hi sorry im not sure how to help you. I haven't dealt with this problem before. Thx

Jesse

We found it needed a new cable but as it was only 3 years old Dux were not at all helpful and refused any assistance. Personally if I built another house I would stay away from any Dux products

Where is Dux Reply.

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives