Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link Questions & Answers

MPNs: 305582-01 and 36447187

74 questions from our users

My hot cold pure fan is very good in most respects, but from time to time turns itself on by itself. This happens whether I turn it off by its own remote or via the app.
We certainly wouldn't expect the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool link machine to turn on by itself unless it is scheduled to do so. Please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Q. On these warm nights, when I switch my Hot+Cool air purifying Dyson Fan to (AUTO) using the hand control, it stays on for a few min (until air is clean with the illuminated (GREEN A) symbol as described by Dyson. But then switches off....is this normal as I wish the fan to stay on all night. Sincerely, Vincent
This is normal for your machine on auto mode as it sounds like the machine has reached the air quality target and moved into a standby mode. To keep your machine running in fan mode through the night, simply choose a fan speed, and when the machine is in fan mode (not heating mode), this will make the machine continue working as a fan regardless of the air quality. We hope this helps, however if we can assist further our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

We bought two Dyson Pure hot + cool less than a year from Harvey Norman in Melbourne . Now we can feel that one machine motor (which is behind the filter i.e the main motor) is getting more loud. It is not abnormal noise is definitely mechanical noise from motor but is 25 to 30% louder from the time it was new and feels two irritating in quite environment. Its some type of more hissss sound and is from the main motor which is sucking in the air. The other Dyson machine we have is running fine. Please guide.
This is a very expensive buy and its motor starts making more noise in less than a year. build quality is not that good. I don’t know main suction motor sucks in dust n starts becoming noisy if is used regularly.We wouldn't expect your machine to become louder over time. If the noise exists after removing and refitting your filter, we would kindly ask you to forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

When scheduling I can't seem to be able to turn on heating mode... Really want it to come on to warm in the morning!
I have the same problem! Looking for the answer as well?Mine has just done the same thing tooApologies, if you are using an Android phone, we are aware of a difficulty within the Dyson Link app that doesn't allow Dyson Owners to choose to heat the room. Please be assured our team are working on a fix for this with the aim of getting this implemented and updated ASAP. We do apologise for any inconvenience while we get this sorted. If we can assist with any further queries our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and only happy to help.

I set the heater to 21 and auto, my child’s room went up to 27 on her monitor and the thermometer in her room (both are accurate) the Dyson app was saying the room was 22 but the heater was still heating. I’m unsure why it was still heating even though the room had gone above the set temp of 21? Should I try just set it to heat without the auto button on so the fan doesn’t keep blowing warm air?
When the machine is set to auto mode, if the room air temperature target is met but the air quality isn't, the machine will continue moving air around the room to purify this air and improve the air quality. While this air may feel warm, in this mode the machine won't actively heat the air, however may still be warm from the heating mode until the heating elements cool down. This can be verified on the front display of the machine showing no red light to the right of the temperature (when actively heating, there will be a small red light showing), along with the A light being white (when the air quality target has been met, this will show as green). If you turn auto mode off and manually choose the fan speed, the machine will stop moving air as soon as your air temperature target is met. We hope this helps, however if we can assist further our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.Hi there, I'm having the same issue as Sarah for the past 5-6 months. Have tried contacting Dyson support via email & phone but no response/luck. We use the app & set the heater to 21 and on level 1 fan always, however it keeps heating/blowing air even after the target temp of 21 has been reached (like Sarah, I've found the room at 28 degrees and above!) I have to wake a few times in the night to check on my babies room temp & more than often come to find it above 21 degrees (as the app shows the temp as X degrees [always above the target temp] and it also shows the heater still being on with the message 'Heating to target'). My baby monitor, as well as on another temp monitor we have in the room near ground level, also shows the room temp above the target temp. We've never had the fan on auto, nor is the air quality fair/poor - it is always showing as good (green). Can you please advise??This is certainly not what we'd expect Aloema. For assistance with your machine, we kindly ask you to please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to help as soon as possible.

Hi, my Dyson doesn’t sense the room temperature correctly and it causes either the room to be too hot or too cold. At the time of writing the question I am sure the room temperature is the mid 20s, but the app shows 18 and Dyson doesn’t turn off.
This certainly isn't something we would expect. Our Dyson Experts will be happy to help and get this sorted. Please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch and happy to help.

My Dyson doesn’t oscillate when it’s set on “heating mode”, is this normal ?
Sometimes when I just changed to heat mode it doesn't oscillate for a while. I usually change the temperature higher and it works. Hope that works for you.Thank you ! I’ll give that a try :)When the room target temperature is reached, it is normal for the machine to not oscillate, however when the machine is actively heating and moving air the machine should oscillate with the press of a button. If not, or if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

My Dyson Hot Cool Link Purifier which is less than a year old makes a noise which seems to be coming from the base only when oscillating.Can you say what this could be?
Hi Edward, Thank you for your question. We are sorry to hear your Pure Hot+Cool link machine is making a noise while oscillating. We wouldn't expect this to be occuring and we are happy to help. So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to forward your details (name, address, phone number and serial number of your machine) to auaskdyson@dyson.com With these, our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help get this sorted. We look forward to hearing from you.

Can I leave my fan on cool 24/7?
Hi Angela, Thank you for your query, we are happy to help. While the Pure Hot+Cool Link can work for extended times, we would suggest the use of the automatic mode instead to ensure the longest possible life from the filters. The automatic mode will monitor your air quality and respond accordingly, adjusting the airflow of the machine to effectively purify the air in your room. I hope this helps, however if we can assist further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help.

Checking in the cost of replacement filters.
Hi Ozyow, Thank you for your query. The filter for the Pure Hot+Cool Link is available for $99 and can be purchased online via this link: https://shop.dyson.com.au/spare-parts/dyson-pure-filter-968101-04 If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com. Please don't hesitate to get in touch, we are happy to help.Hi Dyson Team, Thank you for your response.

what are the running costs? electricity per hour one storethat sells this product say 25cents per hour
Hi Bill, Thank you for your query. Actual energy usage over time is specific to the exact environment in which the fan heater is being used, so it is impossible to calculate a "running time‟ or amount of energy required without knowing room dimensions, start temperature, building materials, window and door numbers and size amongst other variables. That being said, the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link™ purifying fan heater uses uses 2100W when heating the room at maximum power. When on standby, it uses under 1W of energy. Once the desired temperature has been reached, and it is monitoring the room’s temperature, energy use varies, but will be a minimum of 2.5W. Because of its intelligent thermostat, in this mode, it will use less on average than most other fan heaters. This is because when the room reaches your desired temperature the machine goes on standby. When its cooling, it uses much less energy (approx. 44W) on its highest setting with oscillation on. I hope this helps, however if we can assist further please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to help. Best wishes, Shan

Could someone please advise the cost of running the Dyson hot and cool?
Hi Pam, Thank you for your question. Exact running costs are very hard to specify as everyone will use their machine's differently. We can confirm while on the maximum heating setting with oscillation on the machine will use 2100 watts and while on the maximum fan setting the machine will use 44 watts. We hope this has answered your query, if you require any further assistance please feel free to contact our helpline on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-7pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm. Best wishes, Sam

It shuts off by itself. Is it normal?
No I don't think so, mine has not done this. Only when I've used the timer function.Hi Daniel, Thank you for your question. If you have the machine set to the auto mode the machine will go into a standby mode if the air has been purified. It will also go into a standby mode if scheduled or if running for more than 8 hours on heat mode as a safety measure. If the machine is turning completely off we would recommend reaching out to our helpline at 1800 239 766 or by email aucustomercare@dyson.com. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST. Best wishes, Samuel Facebook.com/Dyson

Similar question to many here; my dyson fan (pure hot+coolink: DYSON-PE9-UK-KBA6839A-455) has started to buzz annoyingly in standby mode. Can you help? Rohan
Hi Rohan, Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear about this, this is not to be expected. Please give our UK Based Dyson Experts a call on 0800 298 0298 and we will be happy to help. We are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and weekends 8am - 6pm. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan

Hi there, my dysom hot & cold air fan is making a buzzing noise when turning. Sounds like a super loud mosquito! Does not happen all the time. Seems faulty? Thankyou!
Hi Harmony, Thank you for your query. I am sorry to hear about this, this doesn't sound quite right. We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Shan

When the unit is completely turned off it generates a loud hum noise which certainly doesn’t appear normal. The functionality on all other aspects seems to be ok other than this noise when shut off which at night can be very annoying. What should we do?
Hi there, Thank you for you query. I am sorry to hear about this, we wouldn't expect the machine to hum when it is in standby. We would kindly ask you to please email auaskdyson@dyson,com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. We look forward to assisting you. Best wishes, Shan

Hi, we have bought Dyson pure hot + cool last summer and it started making buzzy noise when it was OFF. This is really annoying and we need to take plug off all the time. What should we do?
Definitely call their customer support. Try record the sound.Hi Hiro, Thank you for your query. Sorry to hear about this, however we are happy to help. So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to email our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com who will be happy to further assist. We look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Shan

Now that summer is here .... Please how do I turn the heating off and just have the fan? Jane
You just set it to cool. There is no air conditioner in this fan, just a fan when it's not heating.Hi Jane, Thank you for your query. To set the Pure Hot+Cool Link to fan mode, press the blue button on the remote (either the physical one, or the one in the Dyson Link app), this will switch it to fan mode. If we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch and happy to help. Best wishes, Shan

I don’t have air conditioning at home and I really want to know about the cooling feature? I have looked at many reviews but most focus on the technology, heating and purification which all had great reviews.
It doesn’t cool. It’s name is hot+cool but it doesn’t cool and is just like any other fan, other than that there are 10 speeds rather than just 2 or 3 like other conventional fans. I went to ask a Dyson representative as I also thought it had a cooling function but was told that it is just like a normal stand up fan. Unless the room itself is already cold, the fan won’t make the air any coolerHi Jen, Thank you for your query. Just to confirm, while the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link will heat a room, it doesn't contain any refrigerants and doesn't function as an air conditioner. It will cool you similar to a normal fan using the wind chill effect. That being said, if an air conditioner is in the room, the Pure Hot+Cool Link can help move the already cooled air around the room more effectively. We hope this helps, however, if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to help. Best wishes, Shan Facebook.com/Dyson

I wonder if Dyson skill is removed from Alexa skills in Australia? I couldn't find it anywhere but Amazon US market. Please kindly assist me to install the function. Ta
Hi Kha, Thank you for your query. At this stage, the Amazon Alexa voice skill has not yet been launched in the English (AU) language so won't work on an Amazon Echo with an Australian Amazon account. Apologies for any disappointment. Please be assured, when new integrations with services are available, they will be announced via the Dyson Link App. Best wishes, ShanSo Dyson is making fraudulent claims of features which aren't available? :/ I Bought 3 fans and although they seem fine they don't function much different from any other fan besides appearance. Would be nice for Alexa support in Australia (as advertised) so that I wouldn't have to use that terrible "Dyson Link" application. I have tried switching my Amazon account to USA and then downloading the Dyson skill which worked great however messed up the rest of my Amazon setup. This shows that there isn't much of a technical hurdle for Dyson to have the app available here (AUS). A renown company with the resources of Dyson and the loads of cash they grab from their customers should be more than capable to fix this issue within a couple months. But hey the fan looks nice so its all good I guess....Hi Bruce, Thank you for your query. At this stage, the Amazon Alexa voice skill has not yet been launched in the English (AU) and as it won't work with an Australian Amazon account we don't advertise it will on Australia websites or machines. Apologies for any disappointment. Best wishes, Shan

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives