Dyson V11 Outsize

Outsize, Outsize Pro

6 questions from our users

Elizabethasked
V11 Outsize

I bought my Dyson V11 outsize 6 months ago, have not had an issue with it until a few weeks ago. It will not differentiate carpet to floor boards and is sucking at carpet power mode and obviously draining the battery so much quicker. Any tips on how to fix it?

Braco
Braco

Hi check the little screen on top it should say Auto and the bottom pad and roller should be clean .Hopefully it works

DysonDyson

The Dyson V11 Outsize needs to be in Auto mode, with the Torque Drive Cleaner Head attached for the machine to change automatically between hard floors and carpets.

If the machine is in Boost or Eco modes, you are using another floor tool, the machine won't automatically change.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Dyson Experts, you can find ways of getting in touch here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Elizabeth

Yes I always have the machine in auto mode and the Torque Drive Cleaner is always attached.

Rhea B.
Rhea B.asked
V11 Outsize

My Dyson outsize works, however, the 2nd battery says charged and when I put it in nothing happens.

DysonDyson

So we can get this sorted for you, we would kindly ask you to give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

renee g.
renee g.asked
V11 Outsize

We have just purchased the V11 outsize and find the dust head pulls firmly to the right when vacuuming, we cannot understand why it is doing this even on ECO mode.

DysonDyson

This is certainly not to be expected. We would encourage checking the wheels underneath the floor tool and ensuring all the wheels are clear of debris and spin freely.

If so and this continues, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy at your convenience. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Ashleigh P.
Ashleigh P.asked
V11 Outsize

I bought a Dyson V11outsize yesterday I didn’t even use it for 30mins and it’s stopped working altogether and smell like burnt rubber !!!
I probably used it for 20minutes with intervals in between (I’m over estimating the time I used it for ) , I wish I bought something different expensive and disappointing

DysonDyson

While new machines can have an unusual small, a burning rubber smell is not to be expected.

Please give us a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help. We are open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and getting this sorted.

Jennyasked
V11 Outsize

I bought your Dyson v11 outsize 2 months ago and it just stopped working?? I’m told by your customer service officer to take it to your factory in Mount Waverley (because wow this is a first very unhelpful ) she stated they will have a quick look at it To see if it’s a quick fix so I drove 1 and a half hours to the factory to be told that no we don’t do that you’ll have to leave it here for up to 3 weeks my question is so how do I vacuum my home I have 2 children and 2 dogs carpet and tiles and no vacuum whatsoever for up to three weeks I buy a $1200 product which is faulty and now I am left absolutely devastated that I have no way of keeping my home clean

Lucy B.
Lucy B.

I was told that after 2 weeks I could not take it back to shop and had to contact Dyson but had no idea it would be that hard. Not good at all for such an expensive product from a very reputable company. I would have thought they would replace it for you. Not good customer service Dyson! Buyer beware!

Jenny

Yes I won’t be buying another Dyson product and I certain won’t recommend them to my friends I buy a new model with an obvious fault and I’m the one being inconvenienced

Rokkoasked
V11 Outsize

There have been several occasions when I've gone to start the Dyson and the High Torque XL cleaner head's rotating brush bar hasn't spun up. The vacuum works, but the roller just isn't spinning. If I then release the trigger, the next squeeze of the trigger will fix it. I don't know if this is a fault or some odd idiosyncrasy that affects them all?

DysonDyson

Sometimes when pulling the trigger, the brushbar may take a second or two to turn on, however should certainly turn on every time the trigger is pulled within a few seconds.

If this isn't occuring, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com.

Rokko

Thanks - I'll keep monitoring to try to work out exactly what I'm doing at the times this happens, which may assist, then I'll get in touch.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V11 Outsize