Euroflex EZ1

Euroflex EZ1 Questions & Answers

33 questions from our users

Sueasked

Can I use this steam mop on laminate wooden floors?

Euroflex A.Euroflex

Yes you can use the Euroflex Floor Steamer (model EZ1R or SC1z1) on laminate floors…..the steam output on the Euroflex Floor Steamers is drier than conventional steam mops. Only a light film of moisture is left on the floor, that dries quickly so that no damage to floors occurs. There is no heavy pools of water left on the floor like conventional steam mops. With laminate floors I would recommend the model SC1z1 found in Harvey Norman stores because this model has an extra moisture reducing hot plate which is more suitable for water sensitive floors like laminates.
Please follow the filling instructions to ensure you do not overfill the boiler for worry free cleaning. Feel free to call our Customer Support Line on 1800 66 38 66 for any more questions.

pamela bartley

pamela bartleyasked

Hi, how much does a new handle cost, as mine has broken the plastic up the top of the handle?... thanks...

Euroflex A.Euroflex

HI Pamela, sorry for the late reply, we seem not to have received this question. Please call our Customer Support Line on 1800 66 38 66 for assistance. For ease of reference our Customer Support number is found on a grey sticker on the unit, please call us anytime for assistance.

HeatherB

HeatherBasked

I have recently had my timber floor sanded and treated with Rubio oil apparently used all over Europe.
I have been told to use water in a microfibre mop.
Is it possible to use my Monster Floor steamer as i know it leaves less water on the floor?

Euroflex A.Euroflex

HI Heather, I would recommend not too....you are correct, there is less moisture on a Monster Floor Steamer…..but in this case I think the heat from the base may strip away the oil. If the oil is a natural coating or if it is something that you need to apply regularly (that is not a permanent coating) then I suspect the heat may strip the oil away. The Floor Steamer is designed to clean floors with a permanent seal. Oils, waxes, polishes do not withstand the heat from the floor steamer. The heat is necessary to soften dirt and grime on the floor.

Colleen

Colleenasked

The red light is not coming on when plugged in. The outlet works so that's not the problem. What do I do?

Euroflex A.Euroflex

HI Colleen, sorry for the late reply, we seem not to have received this question. Please call our Customer Support Line on 1800 66 38 66 for assistance. For ease of reference our Customer Support number is found on a grey sticker on the unit, please call us anytime for assistance. A reddish-orange light should come on when the unit is plugged in, it stays on during use to signify that you have power to the unit. If the unit is operating OK, it can just be the case of a blown out light in the unit. You can still use it fine, just wait for the green ready light to illuminate to signal the unit has made the steam to clean your floors. Note the green ready light goes on and off during use as the internal thermostat goes on and off.

Amanda M

Amanda Masked

Monster Steam Mop works well but now the extra steam lever doesn’t work. Any suggestions?

idscratch
idscratch

Hi, sorry to hear that the extra steam lever isn't working. We find we hardly need ours but do not have children. You don't say how old the unit is. You have the manufacturer warranty but also over and above this is the Consumer Law which states that goods should work as expected for a reasonable life expectancy. So perhaps mention you are aware of your Consumer Law rights when you approach the manufacturer. I would expect at least 5 years from this steam mop as it is a premium product. Your state consumer affairs department can assist you further. All the best.

Euroflex A.Euroflex

HI idscratch, sorry for the late reply, we seem not to have received this question. Please call our Customer Support Line on 1800 66 38 66 for assistance. For ease of reference our Customer Support number is found on a grey sticker on the unit, please call us anytime for assistance. I suspect that the aluminium poles have slid down...the aluminium pole needs to be fully extended and locked into place to ensure the frontal steam jets work. You will notice that the white tripper that releases steam through the front jets is taught when the pole is fully extended , but the white trigger goes floppy/loose when the pole is not fully extended.

Leighton1

Leighton1asked

Ive just purchased the steam mop and can't get the locking screw to hold the handle in. What am I doing wrong? Look forward to hearing from you. Gill

knitinoz
knitinoz

I just twisted the handle so it clicked in with the screw hole in correct place

jonesy66

jonesy66asked

is this steamer safe to use on hardwood floors?

Keroma

I would say yes. I have a sealed floating hardwood floor which comes up very well with the steamer.

Cis

Cisasked

Can this mop be used safely on marble floors?

Keroma

I have no idea about marble, all I will say is that it works brilliantly on highly polished tiles

Hollye Carson Davis

Hollye Carson Davisasked

Is it safe on cork vinyl flooring?

Keroma

I was told not to use the machine on floating floorboards because moisture can get underneath and cause problems. However my floating floor has been sealed and there has been no issues. I don't envisage problems because very little water goes on the floor unless one chooses to operate the steam button.

Mandy

Mandyasked

Hi, I was wondering if I can get a new handle. I have broken the top of the handle and it's currently been splinted with twigs and electrical tap. Yes by nurse in rural Queensland.

Sandra

Sure can get on the eebsite

Sofie

Sofieasked

Hi
I'm thinking of buying the Monster EZ1, but can you also use it for cleaning tiles on the walls of the shower in the bathroom, or is it only for cleaning horizontal floors?

Regards
Sofie

Sandra

Hi Sophie not for use on wall tiles to awakard and heavy.

Euroflex A.Euroflex

Hi sofie, the EZ1 is a floor steamer so it's only designed to clean hard floor surfaces and deodorise and refresh carpets & rugs. Please see our multi-purpose barrel range at www.monsterappliances.com.au to find a Monster steam cleaner that's more suitable for that purpose. Thanks

Deniseasked

Why am I left with water marks on my very shinny tiles? There is also a very fine white film left over my tiles. I have just purchased new pads. I am very disappointed. I have only used distilled water.

Sandra

Hi i have tiles myself and don't have a problem. Please don't add anything onto the pads or in the water,as this will cause problems like this. I am on a farm so i use bore water and still dont have this problem. Although i have made the mistake early on and put disinfectant on the cloths big mistake floors were a mess after. Good luck but I love mine.

Denise

I do not add anything. I hand wash my pads and rinse thoroughly.

Euroflex A.Euroflex

Hi Denise, if only water is put into the tank the film is not from the mop itself. Depending on what you cleaned your floors with previously it could be a build up of past cleaning product. The mop has a stainless steel boiler and the pads are microfiber and in no way do they 'deposit' material onto the floor surface if only water is used. Water marks can be an issue from excess dampness which can result from 1) from over filling the boiler - the machine will push out any excess water in order to heat properly, 2) the pads aren't being changed as often as necessary 3) The type of finish on the tile is highly reflective - we can't control this and the only thing we can recommend is that you don't over fill the unit and make sure you change the pads so they don't get too wet. Thanks

Sueasked

Monster steamer the pad keeps folding over at the front and back I changed the pads it's still doing it, what am I doing wrong?

Euroflex A.Euroflex

Hi Sue, if the pads are new it may help to dampen them first. Some hard floor surfaces cause friction and wet pads are better at "sticking" to the base and gliding along floors with ease.

Ill try it let u know

Tazz

Tazzasked

Price?

simonshine
simonshine

Hey Taz, best price i found at "The good guys" $289.

mamasue

mamasueasked

I have owned the EZ1 MOnster floor steamer for 4-5+ years and love it but recently it stopped working as efficiently. I have cleaned the boiler as noted in instructions and always have some type deposit residue come out. The steam no longer comes out of the bottom and only 1 port on front works just sometimes. I've cleaned the ports and the bottom of the appliance but still it isn't working. I'm probable due for a new one can you help me choose as I am confused with the two new selections and the differences. EZ1XL or JET SC1Z1 I'd like the best!
Looking forward to hearing from you.
mamasue

Euroflex A.Euroflex

Hi mamasue, Euroflex Australia doesn't distribute the EZ1XL, nor the JET SC1Z1 so unfortunately we are unable to assist you with the specifications of these products and whether or not they are suitable. With regards to your old mop it sounds like calcium deposits which can occur if you use tap water and live in a hard water area. In saying that descaling the unit can be effective depending on the level of build up, however without see it and considering the age of the unit it may not be a long term solution. Depending on which country you're located in have you tried calling Customer Care for advice?

coleen

coleenasked

Hi! The steam jets on my monster steam cleaner seem to be pointing straight out and not down to just in front of the machine, is there any way to adjust these to steam closer to the machine tia?

Euroflex A.Euroflex

Hi Coleen, the front steam jet are not adjustable, however whilst they do point outwards the extra moisture is deposited onto the floor just not immediately in front of the unit, which you will have to keep in mind when targeting a particular spot on the floor. Thanks.

Randal Snyder

Randal Snyderasked

We have the Euroflex EZ1 XL Monster and it does a great job. It says the pads can be washed in the washing machine, but can they be dried in a standard dryer or do they have to be hung up to dry? I wouldn't want to mis-shape them by machine drying if they're not meant for that (I lost my owners manual).

Randy

Euroflex A.Euroflex

Hi Randal, when it comes to microfibre pads, airing drying is the best option. Thanks :)

Joan C

Joan Casked

Hi, Can you please tell me what the difference between the EZ1 and the EZ1R model is?
Thanks Joan

Euroflex A.Euroflex

Hi Joan, The R stand for Red. It represents the colour change from blue/silver to red/white and the EZ1-R superceeds to EZ1. Thanks

Kerry

Kerryasked

My 87yr old mother has a Monster Silver & Blue EZ1 steam mop, She needs new pads for it BUT can only get the big pads for the newer model, Can you help me pls, as she uses this mop regularly & really depends on it as she is no spring chicken ..??

Euroflex A.Euroflex

Hi Kerry, we have not made the new pads larger, they still fit the older model EZ1 mops. In the replacement boxes now there are 3 hard floor cloths, however there is NO carpet cloth anymore. If you are referring to the smaller carpet cloth you can purchase that online as well as the hard floor cloths through www.monsterappliances.com.au or you can call the Customer Care Line on 1800 663 866. We only see the one type of hard floor and carpet cloths for the EZ1, and they fit all models. Thanks

Littlegreenjodes

i actually dont like the monster pads. I find that they fold over. I bought some generic ones off ebay, which are much better. I got it from this ebay store.

lynlou

lynlouasked

Am disappointed my new monster classic steam mop won't clean non slip tiles, which is why we bought it. Very hard to push and manover. Think the pads will wear out. Any other options for pads that may work with non slip tiles?

Euroflex A.Euroflex

Hi there, because your tiles aren't glossy you may experience friction when you first start to mop. We suggest dampening the microfibres pads so that you have immediate moisture when you lower the handle. For further assistance please call the Customer Care Line on 1800 663 866, thank you.

Littlegreenjodes

I bought my replacement pads from here. Much better than the genuine.

See all Euroflex Vapour Floor Steamer EZ1 questions

Get an answer from our members and Euroflex representatives