Fanco Urban 2

Fanco Urban 2 Questions & Answers

14 questions from our users

Anicorasked

Hello. Our Fanco urban 2 DC series (with light) was working fine. Recently, however, the fan stopped working (possibly after a power outage a while ago), though the light still works. We replaced the battery in the remote control to no effect. When we press the fan button we hear a beeping sound but the fan doesn't move. Instructions on the remote direct us to turn off the power and press the "fan off" button for 10 seconds. We did that, the red light on the remote flashed and we heard beeping but the fan didn't start. Also, in order to turn off the power to the fan we have to flick the switch in the fuse box for the entire house as we can't find the power switch for the fan in the ceiling. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Anicor, thanks for your question and we’re sorry to hear that you’re having this trouble. We’re not able to provide technical support through Product Review however, our technical team would be happy to assist you. If you email through to service@fanco.com.au with a description or call our Urban 2 DC warranty partners on 1300 730 064 (Landline) or 02 8778 7500 (Mobile), we will be able to advise you further.

Anicor

Thank you for your swift response and suggestion. I'll call the tech team. Have a good weekend!

Yaggi
Yaggi

Did you find a problem to your solution ? Facing same problem.

Tracey Gulleyasked

Our remote isn’t working how do I get the same one replaced model RH787T

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Tracey, thanks for your message. Can you please email us directly at service@fanco.com.au with more details, as the remotes vary between AC and DC models and there have also been some changes over the years. We would also need to look at whether it is the handset or the receiver that is not working (or even if it just needs to be re-paired). Please provide your model number of the fan and when you purchased it. Hear from you soon, Alex @Fanco.

Tracey Gulley

Thank you will send info to email address
Appreciated

itdepends

itdependsasked

Any tips on how to remove the light covers on the Urban 2. I know it twists off counter clockwise but I cant get it to budge. Even with someone holding the rod that the fan hangs from (to stop it spinning) and using both hands to try and turn the light it wont move.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi itdepends, the installation manual includes instructions on how to remove the light cover, however, if you've tried these without success, it would be best to contact the technical team for further assistance. Please visit https://www.fanco.com.au/warranty/ and select your model for the contact information.

joand3

joand3asked

I purchased 3 Fanco urbane fans last year, recently two of the remote controls ceased to work. I have replaced the batteries and they still do not work. Why do all the remotes not work for all the same installed fans. We can access the light switch when control not working luckily, they are left switched on when remote works. How do we get the remotes to work again?

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Jo, we're sorry to hear about this and we really want to help you find a resolution. It's difficult to advise you over product review - can you email us at service@fanco.com.au, and tell us which version of the Urban 2 you have (AC, DC or ABS blades), and if it's an AC model the type of remote you have, it might be easiest to include a picture of the remote if you're not sure. Once we have this information, we will be in a better position to work out what's happening and how to fix it.

Jon

Jonasked

I'm planning to replace an existing ceiling light with a fan that has a light and a remote. When this fan is installed, is the light function still operated by the light switch on the wall or is the light operated by remote control? I suspect it's operated by the light switch, but just want to confirm before purchasing. Thanks.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Jon, it depends on which version you buy. If you buy one of the models with an AC version, your assumption would be correct and you will be able to operate the light with a light switch. If you buy the DC version, the light is designed to be operated by remote only. We hope this answers your question!

Bullrushasked

Hi, We had three Fanco Urban 2 fans installed 28/11/2018. All three remotes started malfunctioning a couple of days ago. You turn the light on via the remote and the fan comes on or the light doesn't turn on at all. We've checked the batteries. The remotes stay in the room the fan is in. Any ideas please?

Lesley S.
Lesley S.

I have had no issues with my remote but I have read other comments and it may be that you need to reset.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Bullrush, can you please get in touch with our warranty team so that we can advise on the best course of action? We’ll need to know which version of the Urban 2 you have, and the technical team may ask a few questions in order to diagnose and trouble shoot the issue. Please see our warranty page here https://www.fanco.com.au/warranty/ or contact Fanco Australia directly by emailing service@fanco.com.au

Bullrush

Thanks for your response, I'll follow up.

Carol

Carolasked

We have just had an electrician install our wynd dc fan (with isolation switch). We, however, cant the remote to operate the fan. What do we need to do?

Mary E

I just put the batteries in the remote and pointed it at the fan and it worked with no problems. And has every time I've used it since. I'd check the batteries if I were you. Are they new, are the in the right way.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Carol, sorry to hear about this - you must be very disappointed. I'm not sure why your remote isn't working but please email service@fanco.com.au and we will look into this for you as soon as we can.

Winneasked

How do you remove light cover

Fran Hansen
Fran Hansen

Sorry can’t help with that. My fans do not have lights in them. Cheers.

Hi Winne,
P 7 of instructions that came with fan say "Turn anticlockwise to remove and clockwise to tighten the lampshade". Only the plastic cover comes off, not the rim it sits on.

Winne

Thanks for your message, I was trying to turn the rim, all good now, done it.

Rhettasked

The main switch will turn on the light and the fan blades will rotate a little but when I press the remote it wont work, I put in a new battery and can see the little red light working on the remote. Please advise

Kevin
Kevin

Its good you have a little red light on the remote.
Try turning off the unit at the wall switch. Wait 20 secs then go through the resetting procedure in the manual. make sure you have the two DIP switches in the up position. Good luck.

Thanks but I can't find it in the ceiling fan instructions - I have the Urban 2

Rhett

I can't see any DIP switches

Richard M.

Richard M.asked

Where is the TShaped connector unit meant to sit. It looks like it has to be connected in line with ac supply but it does not fit in the housing. Can youa advise please?

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi, thanks for reaching out sorry but we can't provide installation advice over product review. Can you please email service@fanco.com.au and advise which Urban 2 model you have so that we can direct your enquiry to the appropriate team.

Anthony K.

Anthony K.asked

I have a question about connecting a DC Fanco fan with a light to the wall light switch. Is it OK to do this or will it void the warranty? Why is there not a direct number I can call Fanco on? I need to make a purchase urgently and now not sure if I have to go back to AC fans, not DC. I want to use the wall switch for the light in the fan, not just via the remote.

PamelaS
PamelaS

Yes, I have the same set up, I switch my light on from the wall .... as my main switch... the remote I use for my fan... works perfectly both ways

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Anthony, thanks for your question. The light in a DC fan is designed to be operated by a remote, but because fans in Australia need to be installed with an isolation switch, some people choose to use the isolation switch to switch the light on and off.
Please keep in mind that this might not be the perfect solution for you though. Switching the isolation switch off cuts power to the fan, and switching it back on powers the fan again. So if you use the remote to switch the light on, and then use the isolation switch to turn the power off, the light will go out.
Once you've used the isolation switch to cut power to the fan, you wouldn't be able to use the remote to operate the fan without turning the wall switch back on again, at which point you would need to use the remote to switch the light off.
Just to be clear, using the isolation switch only turns the light on or off if you've already used the remote to turn the light on. I hope that makes sense!
Generally we suggest the AC version for anyone who wants to control their light from the wall switch, but if you have any further questions you can either email service@fanco.com.au or get in touch with one of our stockists: https://www.fanco.com.au/stockists/

Oops

Oopsasked

If I have solar panels whilst also being connected to the grid can I still have the Fanco Urban 2 DC fan with dimmable lights ? I heard somewhere if you have solar you cannot have a DC motor connected ! is this correct ?

Rob T.
Rob T.

I have solar panel power as well, and have 2 of these fans working with no issues

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Oops, what a great question! Our Urban 2 DC fans have an internal inverter which is designed to connect to 240v AC electrical systems. This means that it will connect to wiring in Australian homes but it won't connect directly to a 12v or 24v DC supply, which you might need in a caravan or a camper. So, while its true that you can't connect the fan directly to a solar powered battery, you should be ok if your home has standard AC wiring connected to a solar panel. If you're not sure, its always best to check with an electrician prior to purchase, but were happy to answer any other questions you have about the product! To get in touch with us you can email service@fanco.com.au, and we will respond as soon as we can. =)

Zedbees

Zedbeesasked

Where do I buy one? Happy with either online or shop.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Zedbees, thanks for getting in touch! Depending on where you live, the Urban 2 is available in physical shops as well as online retailers. We have a full list of stockists available on our website: https://www.fanco.com.au/stockists/

Trent Smith

Trent Smithasked

Does this fan beep when turning on the light or adjusting fan speed?

Jane
Jane

When turning the light on and off it makes a slight 'ding' noise and there is no noise when adjusting the fan speed.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Trent, sorry for the late reply. The beeping noise a fan sometimes makes when you change speed indicates that the handset is communicating with the receiver correctly. At the moment, if you purchase the Urban 2 with a remote, it will beep when you use the remote. If you are concerned about this noise, we would suggest purchasing the AC version of the Urban 2 - which is operated by wall control. Please note that if you’re interested in the Urban 2 with a DC motor, it is only available with a remote. However, this is an area where we are looking to make improvements, so if you would like to receive updates about this, please get in touch with us by emailing service@fanco.com.au

Splat123
Splat123

Is there any way to turn off the beeping noise? It is quite annoying.

Get an answer from our members and Fanco Australia representatives