Fernwood Women's Health Clubs

Fernwood Women's Health Clubs Questions & Answers

15 questions from our users

mobinmalik

mobinmalikasked

Fernwood feedback from melton club

unhappy
unhappy

Don't join Melton Club - horrible place - crazy contracts with outrageous cancellation fees. Poor staff communication and limited classes.

Sunjay Guptar

Why are people so daft?! Every gym has contracts, cancellation and late payment fees... I just dont understand why people come here and log one star reviews because there unhappy that they had to pay a cancellation or late payment fee. And all this negativity because of these people didnt have the funds in THEIR account- shame on them, not Fernwood!
Ive been going to Fernwood for years now, and find them to be a great gym, very accommodating too!

Michelle .M

Michelle .Masked

I have been a member of Fernwood Mornington for a week and I’m moving in 3 weeks due to my mental health , can I use my swipe card at another Fernwood please.

Sunjay Guptar

You can go to other gyms, but it would need to be in the staffed hours.. I believe the 24 hour access cards can only be used at your home gym.

Going broke thanks to or

Going broke thanks to orasked

fernwood hollywood plaza Adelaide - any feedback for this one?

Jackie S

Jackie Sasked

Any feedvack in fernwoid Cheltenham?

Andrea R

Andrea Rasked

Any feedback on Fernwood Ferntree Gully? Thanx!

Tracey
Tracey

Love love love Fernwood Ferntree Gully, all of the staff are wonderful and super supportive, fantastic group fitness classes very clean gym. Always adding new pieces of equipment...i would highly recommend and yes you can use other Fernwoods

Karen

Karenasked

Does membership allow use of more than 1 gym e.g. Everton Park where my daughter is has 2hr band practice once per week and Morayfield nearer to where I live.l?

Geelong

I was able to train at any location, but best to check if they honour this in your area just too be sure.

Siobhan B
Siobhan B

I believe you can go to a sister gym within their staffed hours. I signed up for the chermside gym today and that’s what I was told

Kirsten T
Kirsten T

Just check because there was a fee to use another gym in my contract.

Mng

Mngasked

Any feedback on Ferntree Bulleen ?

Geelong

No, sorry I’m not familiar with that club.

Kieran

Kieranasked

Any reviews on Fernwood Castle Hill?

Hersey

Fernwood Castle hill is quite good. Was a member there for a short time only left because of my job re location became too far for me to travel to.

Stimp

Stimpasked

was thinking of joining Woden Fernwood but am very skeptical now. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Kiri R
Kiri R

Did you ever join, I'm also thinking of joining

Sarah
Sarah

AVOID all they care about is your $

Tash

Tashasked

Any feedback on Fernwood Hornsby? Thinking of joining, but am now a little concerned...

Hi There,
The answer to your question, they are just another Fernwood. They are mostly franchised. I wouldnt waste your money. They are not the same as they use to be. They are fine when you sign up, promise you the world and then give it not long after you join you will see the true gym. Im getting out personally but i will be taking my issue to local tribunal first. Hope this helps.

Jesse
Jesse

Agree with Hersey. Avoid like the plague! I've taken my complaints to their head office and fair trading.

gail

Hi did you have any luck with local tribunal I believe they sold me a produce I was not physically able to do then charge me a fee even though I cancelled within 3 days.

Mia

Miaasked

Hi
Any reviews on Fernwood ryde

KM.
KM.

They regularly make unauthorised withdrawls and get very defensive when you bring it to their attention. Staff are rude and condescending- its a nightmare to get out of your contract too and the Assistant Manager Krystal lies and pretends like she cant help you. STAY AWAY!!!

Deb

Debasked

Any reviews of Fernwood Preston and Carlton?

Sasparilla

Not a great place. Uninspiring and very money hungry. There are cheaper gyms and better catered ones than them.

Sasparilla

The Preston one isn't a great place. Uninspiring and very money hungry. There are cheaper gyms and better catered ones than them.

CJVOX
CJVOX

Fernwood Carlton is a shocker. I would strongly encourage people never to go to this club. They installed weight machines designed for men, when this is a women’s gym. Yes, some women can manage very heavy weights, and all power to them, but that is not catering for your clientele. After I complained, and pointed out that I could no longer use almost all of the machines, I was bullied relentlessly by the owners. They then deliberately cancelled my membership, even though I had suggested a perfectly reasonable compromise in which I would use a nearby Fernwood for weight exercises. Don’t be fooled by the glossy promotion that makes it seem like they support women. There are much better gyms around.

Sueasked

Any reviews for Fernwood Sydenham Victoria?

Happycamper
Happycamper

Hi Sue,
Unfortunately I haven't been to the Fernwood at Sydenham Victoria. I am from QLD.

Thank you.
I visited Fernwood at Sydenham last Saturday and Jemma was kind enough to let me participate in their body balance session. We then discussed the membership which she reduced from $24 to $22 per week and when I asked her if that is all I need to pay, she said yes. I then requested for an email from her to confirm what we discussed and never got one. Instead I sent an email requesting for confirmation of what was discussed and another lady replied confirming $22 per week and $149 for an activation kit and also $4 per week if I am away travelling even though Jemma said they will not charged if I need to travel and she never mentioned an activation kid for $149! So just be careful with any membership you take up - asked for confirmation in writing! I ended up joining Goodlife Gym because they were straightforward with all charges.

Lara

Laraasked

Will any serious action be taken by fernwood if I just go away and refuse to pay anything further?

Rebecca J
Rebecca J

Hi there Lara, what does your contract say? I would double check that & also ask at the club! Hope that helps :)

The Mother

The Motherasked

My daughter has a fernwood membership. She has a contract. They have now decided to go 24 hours a day and so are charging an extra $50 for a key to access the building after hours. Can they DO that??

Fairtradeforall
Fairtradeforall

I was charged $69 for the same thing. It was written in very small print on one of their notices. When I saw the money come out of my bank account I protested and it was refunded fairly quickly. Although the receptionist said it was really my fault because it was an "opt out" thing!
So the answer to your question is- they can do that if they can get away with it- but if you protest you should get your money back.

Anna
Anna

Same thing happened to me but they couldn't say that they had told me about it because the fessed up that they didn't have my address on file so they couldn't have sent my a letter. This is despite my address being on my contract with Fernwood. So much for their efficient administration.
They refunded my money also but I am still thinking about making a notification to the relevant consumer affairs/trade practices organisation depending on jurisdiction. Their conduct has been underhanded at best and unconscionable at worst!

Liz
Liz

$50 is cheap. Liverpool are charging $99 or $150 after 4th November and changing staffed hours which forces members to buy it if they want to continue to do early morning/late evening and weekend classes.

Get an answer from our members and Fernwood Women's Health Clubs representatives