Fernwood Women's Health Clubs

Fernwood Women's Health Clubs Questions & Answers

15 questions from our users

Fernwood feedback from melton club

I have been a member of Fernwood Mornington for a week and I’m moving in 3 weeks due to my mental health , can I use my swipe card at another Fernwood please.

fernwood hollywood plaza Adelaide - any feedback for this one?

Any feedback on Fernwood Ferntree Gully? Thanx!
Love love love Fernwood Ferntree Gully, all of the staff are wonderful and super supportive, fantastic group fitness classes very clean gym. Always adding new pieces of equipment...i would highly recommend and yes you can use other Fernwoods

Does membership allow use of more than 1 gym e.g. Everton Park where my daughter is has 2hr band practice once per week and Morayfield nearer to where I live.l?
I was able to train at any location, but best to check if they honour this in your area just too be sure.I believe you can go to a sister gym within their staffed hours. I signed up for the chermside gym today and that’s what I was toldJust check because there was a fee to use another gym in my contract.

Any feedback on Ferntree Bulleen ?
No, sorry I’m not familiar with that club.

Any reviews on Fernwood Castle Hill?
Fernwood Castle hill is quite good. Was a member there for a short time only left because of my job re location became too far for me to travel to.

was thinking of joining Woden Fernwood but am very skeptical now. Has anyone had any experience with them?
Did you ever join, I'm also thinking of joiningAVOID all they care about is your $

Any feedback on Fernwood Hornsby? Thinking of joining, but am now a little concerned...
Hi There, The answer to your question, they are just another Fernwood. They are mostly franchised. I wouldnt waste your money. They are not the same as they use to be. They are fine when you sign up, promise you the world and then give it not long after you join you will see the true gym. Im getting out personally but i will be taking my issue to local tribunal first. Hope this helps.Agree with Hersey. Avoid like the plague! I've taken my complaints to their head office and fair trading.Hi did you have any luck with local tribunal I believe they sold me a produce I was not physically able to do then charge me a fee even though I cancelled within 3 days. gail

Hi Any reviews on Fernwood ryde
They regularly make unauthorised withdrawls and get very defensive when you bring it to their attention. Staff are rude and condescending- its a nightmare to get out of your contract too and the Assistant Manager Krystal lies and pretends like she cant help you. STAY AWAY!!!

Any reviews of Fernwood Preston and Carlton?
Not a great place. Uninspiring and very money hungry. There are cheaper gyms and better catered ones than them.The Preston one isn't a great place. Uninspiring and very money hungry. There are cheaper gyms and better catered ones than them.Fernwood Carlton is a shocker. I would strongly encourage people never to go to this club. They installed weight machines designed for men, when this is a women’s gym. Yes, some women can manage very heavy weights, and all power to them, but that is not catering for your clientele. After I complained, and pointed out that I could no longer use almost all of the machines, I was bullied relentlessly by the owners. They then deliberately cancelled my membership, even though I had suggested a perfectly reasonable compromise in which I would use a nearby Fernwood for weight exercises. Don’t be fooled by the glossy promotion that makes it seem like they support women. There are much better gyms around.

Any reviews for Fernwood Sydenham Victoria?
Hi Sue, Unfortunately I haven't been to the Fernwood at Sydenham Victoria. I am from QLD.Thank you. I visited Fernwood at Sydenham last Saturday and Jemma was kind enough to let me participate in their body balance session. We then discussed the membership which she reduced from $24 to $22 per week and when I asked her if that is all I need to pay, she said yes. I then requested for an email from her to confirm what we discussed and never got one. Instead I sent an email requesting for confirmation of what was discussed and another lady replied confirming $22 per week and $149 for an activation kit and also $4 per week if I am away travelling even though Jemma said they will not charged if I need to travel and she never mentioned an activation kid for $149! So just be careful with any membership you take up - asked for confirmation in writing! I ended up joining Goodlife Gym because they were straightforward with all charges.

Will any serious action be taken by fernwood if I just go away and refuse to pay anything further?
Hi there Lara, what does your contract say? I would double check that & also ask at the club! Hope that helps :)

My daughter has a fernwood membership. She has a contract. They have now decided to go 24 hours a day and so are charging an extra $50 for a key to access the building after hours. Can they DO that??
I was charged $69 for the same thing. It was written in very small print on one of their notices. When I saw the money come out of my bank account I protested and it was refunded fairly quickly. Although the receptionist said it was really my fault because it was an "opt out" thing! So the answer to your question is- they can do that if they can get away with it- but if you protest you should get your money back.Same thing happened to me but they couldn't say that they had told me about it because the fessed up that they didn't have my address on file so they couldn't have sent my a letter. This is despite my address being on my contract with Fernwood. So much for their efficient administration. They refunded my money also but I am still thinking about making a notification to the relevant consumer affairs/trade practices organisation depending on jurisdiction. Their conduct has been underhanded at best and unconscionable at worst!$50 is cheap. Liverpool are charging $99 or $150 after 4th November and changing staffed hours which forces members to buy it if they want to continue to do early morning/late evening and weekend classes.

Get an answer from our members and Fernwood Women's Health Clubs representatives