Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L French Door (RF522 Series)

Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 519L French Door (RF522 Series) Questions & Answers

RF522ADX5 (Stainless Steel), RF522ADUSX5 (Stainless Steel with Ice & Water), RF522ADX4 (Stainless Steel), etc...

72 questions from our users

Karen B.asked

ActiveSmart RF522ADUX5 (Stainless Steel with Ice & Water)

Does the water dispenser need to be plumbed in?

Karen B.asked

ActiveSmart RF522ADUX5 (Stainless Steel with Ice & Water)

Does the water dispenser need to be plumbed in?

John
John

Hi. No. I didn’t connect mine up for a while. When I did, Also didn’t bother with the filter since they need regular replacement that I don’t have time for. Hope that helps.

Karen B.

Thanks, but I found the specs and it does need to be plumbed in.

Lyndie

Lyndieasked

ActiveSmart RF522ADX5 (Stainless Steel)

As soon as the door is opened the beeping begins and lasts for 17 beeps which,I am told, means that the freezer fan is not working correctly. But it does appear to be OK.
Also, little beeps, like chirps, come from the fridge all the time. Why is this ? I cannot locate any controls on the interior of the fridge part, only on the exterior. Thank you very much in anticipation !

THorton

THortonasked

ActiveSmart RF522ADUSX5 (Stainless Steel with Ice & Water)

Fridge professionally installed. Ice being made, but zero out of the water dispenser. Have depressed dispenser for 2 mins+ to remove air, and checked hose is not kinked, and the tap turned on (note, ice being made so no problem there). Why is the water not working at all?

Allen R.

Allen R.asked

ActiveSmart 519L French Door (RF522 Series)

The door handle is loose - how do I tighten it?

Sheila

Sheilaasked

ActiveSmart RF522ADJX5 (Stainless Steel with Ice)

The fridge has just been plumbed in. How long will it take for ice to be made? I have put the booster on

Dazza

Dazzaasked

ActiveSmart RF522ADUSX5 (Stainless Steel with Ice & Water)

Why does my fridge make a grinding noise only just stared now won’t stop unless I open the door,

BRIJESH
BRIJESH

How old ur fridge? I have called technician to have look. It’s annoying, I thought it is good brand but I was wrong.

Irene Z.

Irene Z.asked

ActiveSmart 519L French Door (RF522 Series)

Why is it beeping have checked all suggestions what now

Leyton C.

Leyton C.asked

ActiveSmart 519L French Door (RF522 Series)

Am I able to some how take the water dispenser frame off to get in, as I seem to have ants nesting in inside the dispenser?

Sarah

Sarahasked

ActiveSmart 519L French Door (RF522 Series)

The freezer rails are stiff and sticky. I have completely defrosted and dried the interior then turned it back on and they are no better. Can you use a lubricant or do they need replacing?

Audrey Wirkusasked

ActiveSmart 519L French Door (RF522 Series)

Was the rf 522 ADUB5 built in Stainless Steel and was it built in 2017?

Audrey Wirkus

I bought one from Radio Rentals, but there is no Serial Label any where in or on fridge. Only the Sale Card states its 2017. Rf522 ADUB5. 519L, but mine is Stainless Steel, NOT Black. It has water on right side door. What model could it be that was built in 2017 please?

Victor
Victor

Hi Audrey, ours came from appliancesonline.com.au It is in stainless steel without the water dispenser though. You might need to speak to Fisher & Paykel Customer Care Team to obtain your specific model & serial number.

Darren

Darrenasked

ActiveSmart 519L French Door (RF522 Series)

Hi I recently purchased the RF522ADUX5 and received it today. I have tried to flush the ice maker per the instructions but no water is flushing through it into the ice tray. I have checked the ice tray is positioned correctly and water is being dispensed via the water dispenser. Is there a certain amount of time you have to wait to be able to flush it?

Stu N

Stu Nasked

ActiveSmart RF522ADUX5 (Stainless Steel with Ice & Water)

I replaced the flapper door spring on my fridge as the spring was broken and I also replaced the water filter cartridge and ever since the fridge alarms with 20 beeps every time I open either the fridge compartment or the freezer compartment

Michael
Michael

Hello Stu mine is doing it as well, how did you fix the issue

Chris B

Chris Basked

ActiveSmart 519L French Door (RF522 Series)

I am relocating and need to take thw water inlet tubing through cupboards. Can i easily disconnect from fiter then reconnect?

MadeleineGasked

ActiveSmart 519L French Door (RF522 Series)

What colour are the LED internal control panel lights to adjust temperatures?
I've just noticed that mine are red, and I thought they were normally yellow ... wondering if there's a problem, but manual doesn't tell you what colour they should be?

MadeleineG

Well after talking to F&P, and a fridge technician they recommended - none of whom knew, we have discovered they are supposed to be red! Not clever - red is the universal colour of 'problem' or 'danger'. Can you sort that F&P? Saves annoyances like mine!!!

Anna

Annaasked

Where is it made?

Tanya BE

Tanya BEasked

ActiveSmart 519L French Door (RF522 Series)

Is the water from the dispenser chilled? My family love chilled water and I don't want to buy it if it is only filtered. Many thanks!

Cockroach

Cockroachasked

ActiveSmart 519L French Door (RF522 Series)

The left hand flapper does not go into position to enable the door to close ,I have to hold the flapper in position to close the door,is there another mechanisim that hold the flapper in position.

Rengrave
Rengrave

This just happened to me. I believe your spring flapper has broken. It is a small spring at the bottom of the flap that keeps it pulled in until the flapper slides into the grooves when shut. Similar to this one: https://genuineapplianceparts.com.au/fisher-paykel-fridge-french-door-flapper-spring.html

Oscar

Oscarasked

ActiveSmart 519L French Door (RF522 Series)

We have a brand new fridge and it's so noisy!! It rattles constantly. I read the instructions and they say it's probably not balanced but we have tried and nothing changes. Is it just the fridge? It sounds like a loud vibrating rattle.

Snowyasked

ActiveSmart 519L French Door (RF522 Series)

My door flapper does not go into position to allow the door to close ,I have to manually hold the flapper to allow the door to close

same with mine