Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door RF522A Series

Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door RF522A Series Questions & Answers

(Ice & Water), (Non-Ice & Water)

75 questions from our users

ari1972

ari1972asked

519L French Door RF522ADX5 (Stainless Steel)

What setting are people keeping their fridge set to, we just got this fridge (1 week) and it seems not to be holding coolness within the safe temperature, it is cold if i have it on coldest setting but then it begins to freeze items and still not as cold as the old 18 year old F&P? Had F&P tech come and check it today and he said to set it to middle temp setting which he said is designed for all year around, now temps in fridge are at 5-7 deg, one small water bottle on top shelf records at 4.4 everything else is recording at 5-7 and above and water and drinks are not chilled to that crisp ice cold level that the old fridge managed to achieve. Any advice would be appreciated!

C.A.

Get Fisher and Paykel to have it checked. My fridge was not cold enough and it was replaced after 4 weeks.

Pete P.

Pete P.asked

519L French Door RF522ADUSX5 (Stainless Steel)

I puchased the fridge in 2016. Recently the LH door has become hard to open, requiring considerably more force than the RH door. The hinge is not stiff, rather it feels like there's a big elastic band pulling the door closed. If I let go of the door, it slams shut. Is there some sort of tensioning device in the hinge or internal to the door and , if so, is there an adjustment? TIA.

C.A.

I can’t help you there Pete.....get on to Fischer & Paykel and get them to fox it .....

Bek

Bekasked

519L French Door RF522ADX5 (Stainless Steel)

French Door Spring replacement.We have purchased a new spring twice for this model fridge and they don’t fit. We can’t make the spring work.We are sick of wasting money on parts that don’t work.My husband is ready to take the fridge to the tip! Can we please, please have the right model spring number and instructions on how to fit it. Desperate.

Karen B.asked

519L French Door RF522ADUX5 (Stainless Steel)

Does the water dispenser need to be plumbed in?

Karen B.asked

519L French Door RF522ADUX5 (Stainless Steel)

Does the water dispenser need to be plumbed in?

John
John

Hi. No. I didn’t connect mine up for a while. When I did, Also didn’t bother with the filter since they need regular replacement that I don’t have time for. Hope that helps.

Karen B.

Thanks, but I found the specs and it does need to be plumbed in.

Lyndie

Lyndieasked

519L French Door RF522ADX5 (Stainless Steel)

As soon as the door is opened the beeping begins and lasts for 17 beeps which,I am told, means that the freezer fan is not working correctly. But it does appear to be OK.
Also, little beeps, like chirps, come from the fridge all the time. Why is this ? I cannot locate any controls on the interior of the fridge part, only on the exterior. Thank you very much in anticipation !

THorton

THortonasked

519L French Door RF522ADUSX5 (Stainless Steel)

Fridge professionally installed. Ice being made, but zero out of the water dispenser. Have depressed dispenser for 2 mins+ to remove air, and checked hose is not kinked, and the tap turned on (note, ice being made so no problem there). Why is the water not working at all?

Allen R.

Allen R.asked

519L French Door RF522A Series

The door handle is loose - how do I tighten it?

Sheila

Sheilaasked

519L French Door RF522ADJX5 (Stainless Steel)

The fridge has just been plumbed in. How long will it take for ice to be made? I have put the booster on

Dazza

Dazzaasked

519L French Door RF522ADUSX5 (Stainless Steel)

Why does my fridge make a grinding noise only just stared now won’t stop unless I open the door,

BRIJESH
BRIJESH

How old ur fridge? I have called technician to have look. It’s annoying, I thought it is good brand but I was wrong.

Irene Z.

Irene Z.asked

519L French Door RF522A Series

Why is it beeping have checked all suggestions what now

Leyton C.

Leyton C.asked

519L French Door RF522A Series

Am I able to some how take the water dispenser frame off to get in, as I seem to have ants nesting in inside the dispenser?

Sarah

Sarahasked

519L French Door RF522A Series

The freezer rails are stiff and sticky. I have completely defrosted and dried the interior then turned it back on and they are no better. Can you use a lubricant or do they need replacing?

Audrey Wirkusasked

519L French Door RF522A Series

Was the rf 522 ADUB5 built in Stainless Steel and was it built in 2017?

Audrey Wirkus

I bought one from Radio Rentals, but there is no Serial Label any where in or on fridge. Only the Sale Card states its 2017. Rf522 ADUB5. 519L, but mine is Stainless Steel, NOT Black. It has water on right side door. What model could it be that was built in 2017 please?

Victor
Victor

Hi Audrey, ours came from appliancesonline.com.au It is in stainless steel without the water dispenser though. You might need to speak to Fisher & Paykel Customer Care Team to obtain your specific model & serial number.

Darren

Darrenasked

519L French Door RF522A Series

Hi I recently purchased the RF522ADUX5 and received it today. I have tried to flush the ice maker per the instructions but no water is flushing through it into the ice tray. I have checked the ice tray is positioned correctly and water is being dispensed via the water dispenser. Is there a certain amount of time you have to wait to be able to flush it?

Stu N

Stu Nasked

519L French Door RF522ADUX5 (Stainless Steel)

I replaced the flapper door spring on my fridge as the spring was broken and I also replaced the water filter cartridge and ever since the fridge alarms with 20 beeps every time I open either the fridge compartment or the freezer compartment

Michael
Michael

Hello Stu mine is doing it as well, how did you fix the issue

Chris B

Chris Basked

519L French Door RF522A Series

I am relocating and need to take thw water inlet tubing through cupboards. Can i easily disconnect from fiter then reconnect?

MadeleineGasked

519L French Door RF522A Series

What colour are the LED internal control panel lights to adjust temperatures?
I've just noticed that mine are red, and I thought they were normally yellow ... wondering if there's a problem, but manual doesn't tell you what colour they should be?

MadeleineG

Well after talking to F&P, and a fridge technician they recommended - none of whom knew, we have discovered they are supposed to be red! Not clever - red is the universal colour of 'problem' or 'danger'. Can you sort that F&P? Saves annoyances like mine!!!

Anna

Annaasked

Where is it made?

Tanya BE

Tanya BEasked

519L French Door RF522A Series

Is the water from the dispenser chilled? My family love chilled water and I don't want to buy it if it is only filtered. Many thanks!

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives