7Honda Jazz

Honda Jazz Questions & Answers

Gary K.
Gary K. · Jazz GF (2014-2024)

My wife has a 2016 Jazz we have noticed a rear door leak with carpets getting wet taken door panel of and resealed the plastic cover how ever taking of the door rubber ive noticed both sides have corrosion which has oxidised i also had a loan jazz younger and has the same issue is there a fault in painting or the metal ???

David N.
David N. · Jazz GF (2014-2024)

Our 2017 Honda Jazz has developed Rust in front of Bonnett and LHF door,just over 6 yrs old so not happy , well see if covered by Honda sounds like a common problem

THE EXPERT HONDA MECHANI
THE EXPERT HONDA MECHANI

Hi David, yes I’ve seen corrosion/rust occurring the front doors of the Jazz, 2008- to the GK model. This is particularly more common if you live near the ocean or coastal area. Do approach HONDA in relation to your issue as you do have a seven year Corrosion Warranty.
If you don’t have any luck with them, then definitely follow it up & I would approach Fair Trading in your state lodge a complaint against Honda Australia. I would probably call HONDA Australia first and give him a chance to rectify the issue, write ab email to them, Stating all the facts and your disappointment in their product

Thanks for that reply

Dianna R.
Dianna R. · Jazz GD (2001-2007)

I have a Honda Jazz 2007 and it shudders when you first take off what could cause this to happen

Paul S.
Paul S.

Is it a manual or an automatic?

Carole Wallace · Jazz

My honda jazz is just over 4 years old & I've had to replace the shock absorbers & 4 tyres. It's normally driven in the metro area and done less than 70,000 K's. I'm very disappointed.

Jo B
Jo B

I have had my Jazz for 6 years, and have had to change the tyres once at 60,000km which is pretty good. Have had no other problems and absolutely love my Jazz.

Carole Wallace

I'm pleased for you but mine's not travelling so well

Hafiz T.
Hafiz T. · Jazz GD (2001-2007)

what is the color code of the honda jazz near the picture?

EHS
EHS · Jazz GD (2001-2007)

How do you disable the wireless/bluetooth on the 2007 Honda Jazz.

Pauline R. · Jazz

Has anyone found fault with the quality of paintwork on the 2019 Jazz? My previous car was a 1999 Ford Festiva (yes Festiva) and the paint was almost as good as new when I traded it in for the Jazz, possibly due to the fact that it was usually kept under a car cover when not in use. After just a few months, the same car cover has rubbed a patch on the Jazz, revealing the grey plastic underneath.
Both the driver and passenger door have small scratches down to the metal. The paint seems to be unusually thin.

FairLady

Hi Pauline, it could be the case because I notice that the plastic trim above the door handle was so easily scratched.

Pauline R.

Thanks Fairlady, might complain to the dealer.

Honda   DM

Hi Pauline, We would suggest speaking to the dealer, with arranging a time suitable for both parties to inspect the vehicle and discuss the matter further. Thanks Kiara

Shell
Shell

Hi Pauline, Did you ever get anywhere with Honda regarding this issue? I have a 2019 Honda Jazz also and the paint chips and scratches with every little thing that touches it exposing the grey colour underneath. Some chips are minor but others are huge. I had a Toyota Echo for 13 yrs and never had this issue and it did serious driving with a P plater as well! Im very disappointed as this is my first brand new car and the paint is horrible. Wondering if its even worth going to Honda? If they helped you I will, if not I may not waste my time.

Pauline R.

Hi Shell, many thanks for your reply. Events keep getting in the way of taking my Honda to the dealer, but I will contact them for an appointment right now and let you know how I go. Your note will make my position stronger.

Mlblad
Mlblad

Hi Pauline, you’re not the only one….I have the 2019 VTi-L pearl white. Rust on the door frame found almost a year ago from what appears to be a manufacturing paint defect. After months of trying to get this fixed by Honda during covid, they’re now claiming I damaged it! Next step is the ombudsman. Can’t believe that a car not even 18 months old, with 3,500 km on it, garaged inside all its life has rust!!

Pauline R.

I know how you feel! When my first enquiry was printed here, Honda responded, advising me to take it to the dealer.
The dealer procrastinated, unbeknownst to me they were giving up the Honda dealership. The next Honda agent told me they'd had no similar complaints and suggested I get some touch up paint made up by a panel beaters. Now Im just very careful where I park. Please let me know how you go.

Sarah M.
Sarah M. · Jazz

How do you know if your Honda Jazz is a GE or not?

what is GE?

Honda   DM

Hi Sarah, do you perhaps mean LE ( Limited Edition)? Our customer service team would be be able to assist, do not hesitate to contact us on 1800 804 954. Thanks Kiara

Roy
Roy · Jazz GE (2008-2013)

My gf's honda is 2003 and has been sent the car back to mechanics for fixing CVT transmission issue for a few times. I am wondering after what year Honda Jazz actually fixed the problem and is safe to buy? Or does it exist in all models?

Jen M
Jen M

I’m assuming you mean the shuddering that would happen as you were taking off? I had this problem with my 2007 Honda Jazz - everyone said I would have to replace the transmission for many thousands of $$ but I fixed the problem for good by only using Honda-branded transmission oil! We had to flush it with the new oil a few times & the shudder has never come back!! I found that advice on a US Honda blog! So maybe it is something you can try!

JayF
JayF · Jazz

I'm after an automatic Jazz Vibe-S with Bluetooth and USB port/s. Aside from engine size, what are the differences between 2012/2013 Jazz Vibe and Vibe-S?

Simmo
Simmo

The honda Jazz Vibe comes with 1300 cc engine and 15 inch wheel rims, The Honda Jazz Vibe s for sport comes with 1500 cc engine and 16 inch wheels , I have both and the Vibe drives much smoother, the Vibe S is faster but the ride is much more harsh

Stephen M
Stephen M · Jazz GD (2001-2007)

Will a 2006 rear light fit a 2007 Honda jazz 5 door hatch?

Rob W.
Rob W. · Jazz GD (2001-2007)

is it good to buy a 2006 jli jazz auto with 240.000 km on it

Bruce
Bruce

Hi Rob, I had 2006 manual Jazz. It was great so I bought 2009 manual Jazz. I still have that one, nearly 200k and going strong. I also bought 2017 Jazz auto and it is rubbish. I will never buy a Honda again. Hope this helps. Bruce

Peter
Peter · Jazz

Why is the media screen white?
No reversing camera or media options are visible.

Tanya S.
Tanya S. · Jazz

How to fix jazz sofa legs

Garry F
Garry F

Very carefully

Lennie
Lennie · Jazz GF (2014-2024)

My 2015 Jazz has serious rust bubbles appearing near the bottom of 2 doors. How common is this?

Don
Don

Hi Lennie

My car does not have any rust issues. Hope I have answered your question?

Inawa

My jazz has also rust spots, cannot believe it!

Bina
Bina

I’m another shocked Jazz owner (2014 model) who’s car rust is being fixed as I type.

hovis1

My passenger door on a 2017 Jazz has developed 4 rust spots. About to be fixed by honda under warranty. So we shall see what further rust problems develop.

hovis1

This is a real complaint and a genuine post.

Honda   DM

Hovis 1, we are in receipt of your feedback in relation to your Honda Jazz. All Honda vehicles come with a 6-year protection against rust perforation. The dealership will thoroughly check over the vehicle, being confident and happy with repairs and inspection of your vehicle. In the case you would like us to become involved, please either send an email to customerservice@honda.com.au, or call our customer support line on 1800 804 954. Pass on your details, mentioning you have rust repairs scheduled with he dealer, which you would like Honda Customer service to become further involved. Thanks Kiara

hovis1

In reply to the above badly spelt and mangled english from Honda. The car is only 2 years old and despite what Honda say they cannot avoid the fact that this front door was fitted and left the factory.
Honda have replaced the door under warranty with no arguments but how could a purchaser be confident in a 2 year old car with rust in it.

Sunnysunline
Sunnysunline

Our 2015 Jazz, bought new in 2016. Our driver side door has rusted through. Need a new door. The local repair shop said it had fixed another, same model, same problem. Driving through town this morning, I stopped and looked at another Jazz to see if it has rust in its door. Yes, exactly the same spot, rust bubbling through the bottom of the door.
Very disappointing as we love our Jazz. It is a VTI-L version…not cheap. We are the original owners, it has been housed under cover in a carport. 76000km, always cared for, washed, waxed etc.

jack.c
jack.c · Jazz GF (2014-2024)

My month old 2018 jazz, has had a terrible whistle between 80kph-100kph it turns out its the drivers wing mirror. its driving me insane! the service department where i purchased it are hopeless. any ideas????? should i push for a new unit to be installed? as the passenger side does not whistle.

Donna H
Donna H

That's annoying. I would definately push it as a safety issue if it is distracting you from your driving then it needs to be replaced. Mine certainly doesn't do it. We don't or have never owned a car that has. If the dealer won't I would take it to another. Good luck!

jocelyn
jocelyn · Jazz GD (2001-2007)

i got honda jazz 2006 auto the problem is that i notice on other side wher the rpm is there s a red light number from 2,3 or 4 while im driving it goes up and down thse numbers what is that means serious problem?, thanks

Skrishnan
Skrishnan

I am sorry I have no idea as I don't have the same problem.

Horsegate · Jazz

Where is the Bluetooth talk button on the 2017 MY18 Jazz?

SandraK
SandraK

The pick up receiver button for phone is lower left side of inside rim of steering wheel.

toothsome
toothsome

there's a little pair of buttons just under the horn on the left side of the steering wheel - the upper one answers the phone and the lower one ends the call. is that what you were looking for? (the buttons on the right are for setting the dial on the right of the speedo with all kinds of info you may or may not be interested in.)

Horsegate

Thanks but no. The reviews on the Australian model say the car has Siri eyes free voice control. I can’t find it anywhere in user manual and the dealer gave me a dumb look. Can anyone help me? Thanks, Bob.

bob
bob · Jazz GF (2014-2024)

any rust problems in 2015 & up models?

Adelina
Adelina

Mine is 2009 model

Edward
Edward

Hi Bob, I purchased my Honda Jazz in January 2015 (Dec. 2014 model) and in 2016 I noticed the first rust spots under the bonnet. I reported it to the service staff at Hoskins Honda (now Sutton City). They took some photos and promised to contact me. Nothing happened so at the next service I reported it again. By now rust spread to engine bay and the hatch door.

They took more photos and promised to contact me again. Since nothing happened I contacted Honda Australia. They advised me to deal with Sutton city. They took more photos (two years later) and I haven't heard from them since.

When I requested all further communication to be conducted in writing they went dead quiet and even rejected my registered letter which I than posted to Melbourne Honda Australia. No answer, so today I am attending the first session at NCAT.

Caro
Caro

I have a Jazz first registered December, 2016 and noticed rust under the bonnet and hatch. Nordic have arranged for the car to go to a crash repairer to have it rectified. My worry is that I can only see rust in very obvious places and there may be more I can't see. The front driver side door was also leaking badly. NOT HAPPY.

Inawa

My Jazz 2014 GK5 has rust also, My warranty has expired, any solutions?

Jules
Jules · Jazz GD (2001-2007)

If you disconnect battery, do you have to have the computers reset?

gibz
gibz

Nope.

Get an answer from our members and Honda representatives

Select a listing for your question
Honda Jazz