Hoover Air Stick Pro

Hoover Air Stick Pro Questions & Answers

49 questions from our users

lorna joyce

lorna joyceasked

I can't turn on my vacuum although the green light is on? The battery is only a few months old?

Hi Lorna,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
We would recommend taking the machine and charger, into your nearest Godfreys store to be booked in for further inspection.

EK

EKasked

How do you change battery on the airstick pro 5223

Hi EK,
The batter for the Air Stick Pro 5223 can be accessed via the cover on the back of the handvac.
This is shown on page 7 of the user manual.
Replacement batteries can be purchased through your nearest Godfreys store or over the phone with us by calling 1300 360 845.

Charmaine C.

Charmaine C.asked

Hi, I love my Air Stuck Pro but at the moment it loses suction after about 1-2 minutes. I have to turn it off and back on, sometimes the suction stops after a few seconds to a couple of minutes. I recently got a new battery. I've cleaned and checked everything but no luck.
Hopefully you can give me some advice.

Hi Charmaine,
We are sorry to hear of the of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
Has he filter recently been replaced? It is recommended to replace the filter every 6-9 months.
There may also be an issue with the PCB, to check this the machine will need to be taken into your nearest Godfreys store and booked in for inspection.

Tracey

Tracey asked

The motor in the head has stopped working so there is no self movement and hardly any suction. Can this be replaced? I don’t have my receipt unfortunately

Hi Tracey,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the head on your machine.
This part can be replaced, however, for replacement the machine will need to be booked in through your nearest Godfreys store to be completed by a technician, they will also check to ensure there are no other issues with the machine.

Gay Duffield

Gay Duffieldasked

how do I unblock the head as it is not working

Hi Gay,
On the bottom of the head there will be a a trapdoor opening, once this has been opened you can use the handvac from the machine to suck any blockages out, if any dust is missed or the handvac was unable to remove the blockage you can use some wire, like an unraveled wire coat hanger, to assist in removal.
If you are still experiencing issues, we would recommend taking the machine into your nearest Godfreys store for assistance.

Deb

Debasked

I have a red flashing light when I put it on charge. Nothing happens when I press the start button. Unit is just out of warranty...

Hi Deb,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
We would recommend taking the machine and charger into your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, to be inspected further.

Catasked

When I place the vaccum on the floor it just makes this noise and takes off by itself does any one know what the cause is? Also when place on 2nd power it clonks out after 2 secs.

Hi Cat,
The Air Stick Pro does have a self forward propel motion, is this what you are referring to?
If you are having issues with the machine running on high, this may be caused by the battery or PCB, we would recommend taking the machine and charger into your nearest Godfreys store for further inspection.

Cat

Is there a button for the self forward motion or does it just do it itself.
Will take to a store to check it out thank you

Hi Cat,
This is an automatic motion for the machine caused by the head and brush.

Tony

Tonyasked

Hi all, anybody know why the 2nd high spped vacuum doesnt work, it tries for a split second then stsys on single speed. Have fully pulled apart and cleaner as always after each major use, now on 2nd replacement battery after first died less than 12 months in. Any suggestions???

ClareP
ClareP

Hi Tony. Mine did this for the first time within warranty. I was advised it was a battery issue which was fixed. 18 months later it happened again (out of warranty) and I’ve been advised I need a new battery which I need to pay for at a cost of about AUD$200
I’m looking for alternatives to getting a battery replacement at a cheaper price.
Apparently this is a VERY common problem which occurs about every 18 months, which has really pee’d off quite a few ppl given it not a cheap appliance.

Hi Tony,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
This may be a battery or PCB issue, we would recommend taking the machine, battery and charger into your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, for further inspection.
Replacement batteries are $99 and if there is a PCB issue replacement handvac assemblies are $89.95.

Maxie C

Maxie Casked

Hi
My air stick pro has started to conk out as other people’s have When using the stand up vacuum but lasts for ages with the handheld part
It can’t be the battery so what is it?

Sally H.
Sally H.

It will be the battery or its clogged so will practically have to take it apart to clean. Completely useless product mine is at the repairers now (its been there 7 weeks) giving mine away and going back to VAX as they are reliable and fit for purpose unlike the Hoover Airstick Pro.

Jock M.
Jock M.

Hanheld part isn't having to drive the brushes so not having to work as hard. Unclog the brushes. If it still don't work then probably battery hasn't enough crank power for the brushes.

Hi Maxie,
This is most likely caused by the roller brush needing to be cleaned or a blockage in the head,
Please see page 14 of your user manual for assistance in removing the roller brush for cleaning and access to the head to check for blockages.

louis

louisasked

what is the suction power

Gemma Heales

Think dust buster. Probably less than that.

Hi Louis,
The air wattage of the Hoover Air Stick Pro is 84W and the battery voltage of the machine is 25.2V.

Sam Nisbet

Sam Nisbetasked

The motor switches off after less than 30 seconds even when fully charged it will run alot longer on low speed

Do you have one Sam?
Do you think you can achieve a lot on 30 seconds?

Alan S.

Hi Sam. I don't think there is any doubt your battery needs replacement. You can take it out yourself, no tools required and order a new one. At present Hoover might not have them because they come from China and shipments don't seem to be normal. The only consolation is other stick vacuums, even the costly ones, appear to have similar problems. My Hoover battery lasted about 2 and a half years, which isn't too bad. When it's working and you keep it free of dust blockages, it's a pretty good little vac. Alan

Martyn P.

Martyn P.asked

My Air Stick Pro cuts out after about 10 seconds on high setting.
Is it just a simple battery swap to fix the problem?

Alan S.

Mine does this too and yes I think that is the answer. However at present Hoover seems to be out of stock of the batteries, which are imported from China. From the reviews I have seen on other brands of stick vacuums, it appears they suffer similar prblemc.

Mel E.
Mel E.

Our Hoover air stick pro does this exact thing also. Has done it since a few months after purchasing mind you we have had it for almost 3yrs now. It’s now to the point on the normal speed setting I’ll be lucky to get a small bedroom done before conking out . I am yet to buy a new battery for it but am concerned about the battery quality as the original battery hasn’t really been good.

Peter N

Peter Nasked

How long before battery needs replacing Hoover Air Stick Pro 25.2v 5223?

Hi Peter,
Unfortunately, there is no exact lifetime for these batteries as it will depend on usage and recharging.

Alan S.

Hi Peter. Mine lasted about 30 months. Reading reviews of other vacs, even Dyson, 30 months sounds quite good. Godfreys have the batteries at $99, which is probably discounted to acknowledge batteries are not long lasting. If you keep the filters and pipes clean, it might decrease the load on the batteries. I actually like the Airstick Pro. It has shortcomings, but all brands seem to have the same problems. It sucks up the dust very well, it's easy to push and convenient. Get in to the air passages between the head and the dust bin with a stick or wire to pull out the dust jams. It's easy once you get used to it. Don't be affraid to pull things apart so you can access all the parts. Alan

Peter G.

Peter G.asked

My Air Stick Pro cuts out after about 10 seconds on high setting. Can I do anything about it?

Hi Peter,
There may be an issue with the battery, charger or PCB board.
We would recommend taking the machine into your nearest Godfreys store for further inspection and repair.

David
David

Mine did the same. It also continually blocked. Hoover said the machine is only designed for light pick-ups between main vacuuming with another machine. It's a pity the salesman at Godfreys did not mention this before we spent $599. It is also not mentioned in the handbook. I think the appliance is a waste of time.

Lyndell B.

Same here David, they even demoed against a Dyson to show how much the more the air stick picked up. What sold me and wish I hadn't of purchased

Sandy

Sandyasked

My Air stick Pro purchased in around 2016 has had repeated problems with the battery/charger since purchase. It is now out of warranty and keeps shutting down when fully charged. If the problem is the same as the one fixed while under warranty why isnt that warranty extended? It is clearly a problem with the manufacture of this model. Very poor customer care from Hoover!

Hi Sandy,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
We will be happy to look into this further for you.
Please have the machine booked in through your nearest Godfreys store and email your repair number to customerservice@hooverfloorcare.com.au with the subject heading of 'Case 415479'.

Kate
Kate

Hi..i had same problem with mine brought from godfreys in 2018 and was told..vertually my problem as noone xan say how long a battery can last..how come i didnt get to take mine in for service and a xase opened

Hi Kate,
Your machine can be booked in through your nearest Godfreys store for servicing and repair.
Please keep in mind that the machine does come with a 2 year warranty, however the battery is only covered by a 1 year warranty.

Ron C

Ron Casked

my hoover air stick pro has a split in the short flex hose. How do I replace it.

Hi Ron,
We recommend taking the machine into your nearest Godfreys store to be booked in for this part to be replaced.

Lyndell B.

Mine did the same, I showed the Godfrey salesman the hose on their demo....and guess what there's was split too.

Ron C

Ron Casked

How do I repair a short split hose on my hoover air stick pro ?

Hi Ron,

edna

ednaasked

where can i get a replacement battery for my air stick pro

Hi Edna,
Replacement batteries can be ordered through your nearest Godfreys store or over the phone by calling 1300 360 845.

hannahasked

My air stick pro will not turn on. It has been on charge and shows a charging light, but doesn't turn on at all.

Natalie N.

When this happened to me I left it off the charger for a day then it turned on fine

OK I'll try that. Thank you

danandrach2000

danandrach2000asked

My Airstick Pro only runs for 10 seconds after a full charge

Natalie N.

I’d definitely call customer service about that.

Hi,
There may be an issues with the battery, charger or PCB in the machine.
We would recommend to take the machine into your nearest Godfreys store, when they reopen, for further inspection.

Razor
Razor

It’s a common complaint about this air stick, so the battery might need replacing. If it’s still under warranty, it should be done free of charge.

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives