iStore Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

iStore Hot Water Heat Pump 270L Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Debbie B. · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

We had a iStore 270L, during the night it's using electricity and cycling approximately every 10 minutes,. Is this it's normal operation?

iStore   DM

Hello Debbie, the cycling you describe sounds unusual, please call the tech support number directly on (08) 9203 1270 or provide us with you contact number and we can call you. Thanks – iStore

Debbie B.

Thanks for your reply, I will give them a call

Debbie B. · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

We had a iStore 270L fitted a few days ago, we have Solar panels. Can we use Eco mode and set a timer? What is the best time to operate pump to use Solar, we live in Melbourne? Thank you

Brendan R.
Brendan R.

we set the timer to run during the day, runs for a couple of hours at most, still have plenty of night hot water

Debbie B.

Thanks, we set timer 1 to come on at 10am and go off at 16.01pm. The unit is using grid power during the night, the fan isn't operating, is that normal?

RugbySupporter
RugbySupporter · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

I have a similar issue to ColinM from 3years ago
In Feb 2023 we replaced our instant gas hot water with an iStore 270l. We noticed immediately that the temperature was lower than our former gas system. Like Colin we reluctantly accept it. However, its the pressure which is much lower than our previous system that's unworkable and seems to be getting worse. It's producing less than 6 litres/min. So low that we cannot now have a proper hot shower. You have to run the hot water tap at the kitchen sink for a very long time before warm water comes out of the tap. The system does not seem to be working in a manner fit for purpose. Should we contact the service agent?

WMcA
WMcA

Hi, agree the water temperature is lower than the solar we had but it’s better than boiling water and does suit us, so far have no issues with iStore and would recommend it.

iStore   DM

Hello there, The anti-scald valves (which are mandated by Government standards) have fine filters inside them to prevent the mechanism from getting stuck open and these filters can be prone to a level of clogging should debris flow thru the system from the mains water supply or home renovations etc. The clogging will reduce the flow of hot water from the iStore.

There is nothing within the iStore unit that can restrict the flow, any restriction will be from the mandated valves or pipeworks.

Please contact the installation plumber and describe your findings and our feedback.

Thanks - iStore

HXBischof
HXBischof · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Is your hot water heat pump available in Tasmania?

iStore   DM

Hi there! Thanks for your enquiry - please call us on 1300 515 641 for information regarding availability in Tasmania.

Frank K. · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Following a power outage does the iStore remember all the settings, time etc or do these need to be reconfigured. Regards Frank

Hi Frank, as per external link , yes settings are retained. Thankyou - iStore

Natalie S.
Natalie S. · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

I want to have my istore 270L heat more water as soon as I use some. I want to use my solar power through the day and electricity at night. Can someone tell me what mode I need to program and if I need to set any timers to achieve this?

iStore   DM

Hi Natalie, A couple of questions here, we'll cover each for you;

I want to have my istore 270L heat more water as soon as I use some - The Federal Government Clean Energy Regulator specifies the thermostat range is 11 degrees, this means that the bottom of the tank must fall 11 degrees below the target temperature before the heating cycle begins. The hot water delivered to the house is from the top of the tank as natural convection causes the hot water to rise to the top of the tank all of the hot water is available for use.

I want to use my solar power through the day and electricity at night. Can someone tell me what mode I need to program - For Australian conditions ECO mode is the best, the onboard computer monitors the surrounding temperature, incoming water and outgoing water, heat transfer capabilities and adjusts its operation to suit. The Federal Government Clean Energy Regulator species how all of the iStore compressor hot water systems must operate in Australia and as such how the computer control operates. Intelligent and Hybrid modes are for overseas models and effectively overridden to ECO mode in Australia.

[A]nd if I need to set any timers to achieve this? - Set 1 timer ON to 10am in the morning to commence heating, in most states for a large part of the year modern solar panel systems will be generating enough electricity to provide power to the iStore and heat your water for free. Depending on the number of people in your household the OFF time to 16:01 where the volume of water is sufficient for all shower requirements in 24 hrs. If the nighttime usage is large enough to use all the water and not leave any more for the people showering in the morning then set the OFF1 time to 20:01/21:01/22:01 for a reheat to take place in the evening after usage. NOTE if you have peak evening tariffs then it may be more suitable to set a second timer to commence after your peak period such as ON2 23:00 to OFF2 03:01.

A long answer I know but good get all the facts behind the explanation.

Thanks - iStore

Kerry.B · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Have the 270L and guys set timer to take advantage of our solar panels between hours 10.00 am to 4.00 pm. Compressor seems to come on outside of these hours. Is that normal?

Ralph
Ralph

No it is not, the new model has a software glitch, change 10:00 am to 10:01 am, also check the second timer has not been activated, if it has without specific times it will start at 12:00 am

iStore   DM

Hello Kerry, On and off times should have differing minutes to ensure the correct time period is selected. For example for 10:00 until 16:00 increase the minute setting to 16:01 to confirm the timer window operation.

For Units manufactured prior to January 2023 do not set the second timer to 00:00 ON and 00:00 OFF as the unit will commence heating at midnight every second night.

To leave the second time off simply allow the timer 2nd setting to timeout after setting the first timer (see the revised Owners Manual on the Downloads section of istore.net.au)

Thankyou - iStore

Frank K.

Is this software glitch going to be fixed by iStore. Is there a download? Regards Frank

iStore   DM

Hello Frank, We have been constantly striving to simplify and improve the timer operations of the iStore. The second timer does not automatically adopt any settings but many consumers felt that they had to enter something once that part of the settings was entered. The setting of 00:00 to 00:00 would cause the iStore to turn on and off every second midnight and likewise 12:00 to 12:00 could interfere every second midday with the primary timer.

For Units manufactured from January 2023 units will ignore timers with the same start and end time, that is 00:00 on thru 00:00 off will not activate as 12:00 on thru 12:00 off will also not activate.

On and off times should have differing minutes also to ensure the desired period is achieved.

For example, for a full daytime timer a start of 10:00 on thru 16:00 should have the minute increased to 16:01 to confirm the timer window operation.

To leave the second time off simply allow the timer 2 setting to timeout after setting the first timer end time (please see the revised Owners Manual on the Downloads section of istore.net.au).

Thankyou - iStore

Kerry.B

How do we know the date of the unit manufacture?

iStore   DM

Hi Kerry please check the direct message we have sent to you for an information request. Thanks – iStore

Aravind V.
Aravind V.

If the second timer was accidentally entered then how can it be reset to —/— again?

iStore   DM

Hello Aravind, we have many answers on the iStore Frequently Asked Questions page at external link  For your specific question see the following:-
How do i clear the timers?

To clear the timers press and hold the clock button for two seconds until ON 1 and the timer is displayed and flashes, then a single tap on the power button in the bottom left of the LCD will disable the timers. You can confirm they are disabled as the words ON, OFF, and 1/2 will no longer be displayed above the digital clock time.
NOTE: this will disable both timers but to reintroduce timer 1 simply step thru and confirm the ON 1 time and the OFF 1 time without entering and setting the second timer.

NOTE: the latest and most up-to-date owners manual is now available for download at external link  with many improved step-by-step instructions.

Thankyou – iStore

Amanda
Amanda · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Hello IStore.
My friends have recently had an Istore 180 installed. I have a household of at least four people and often more. I also currently have a gas boosted solar hot water system in place that is 11 years old. If I was to install your product, the solar panels for the gas boosted system would need to be removed. Would you do this and what would be the price for this? I'm guessing I would need the 270L system. I'm open to some honest good advice.
Thanks,
Amanda

iStore   DM

Hi Amanda, It sounds like the 270L will suit you but it would be best to talk to an iStore-authorised plumber in your area. If you visit our website at external link  and fill in the ‘Get A Quote’ form the team will get in touch with nearest plumber to you who will be able to discuss your site specifics and pricing for you.

Graham Christie
Graham Christie · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Can this be used as a replacement for a Dux Pro 4F136S, storage unit

iStore   DM

Yes Graham the iStore is an excellent replacement for your current system and can be positioned where your old tank is providing that is outside or has open air flow. Thanks

malcolm_47
malcolm_47 · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Where is this Heat Pump made?

Rebs
Rebs

I think Australia please check web site for confirmation

iStore   DM

Hi Malcom, The iStore is designed in Australia by a team of plumbers with a combined experience of over 100 years. With 15 years of hot water design and manufacturing experience the iStore / iHeat brand is highly regarded in Australia. We have the iStore units manufactured in China to our strict quality control.

In addition, we are regularly audited to Australian electrical and plumbing standards and we offer a full 5 year comprehensive warranty including both parts and labour.

Apologies for the delay in responding to your question

Brad M.
Brad M. · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

How do I know what size istore energy I need for my house

Tony
Tony

Plumber will tell you

HI Brad, A 180L istore makes 60L/hr
A 270L istore makes 80L/hr

We recommend a 180L for a 4 person household and 270 for 4+ teenagers or 6 person household, cost increase for the larger unit is negligible so numbers favour the larger unit.

Colin Peckham · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Can this unit be located outside the house.
Will it work in a sub tropical region such as Ballina NSW and do you have any references for this region.
I have a 4kw Solar Panels on my roof, so would I need a battery system as well.

Manuel
Manuel

I m located in Melbourne and the unit works outside . I recommend to ask your Sparky to install a surge protector device on your switchboard. My unit died after 2 and half year for over power surge. Lucky istore organised a warranty call.

iStore   DM

Hi Colin, Yes the unit is fully outdoor rated and happy in your sub tropical region.
Please call our reseller in Ballina NSW 2481 - james@jaypeeplumbing.com.au or 0408 602 289
No batteries are required for the iStore, you can set the iStore to only run during the day to take advantage of your solar generated electricity.

Kind regards,

Colin Peckham

Thanks so much. My main issue is that I may not have enough space on the side of my house...

Sparky
Sparky

Be careful about the height to your eaves. I have a single story house and the iStore 180 fits, but the 270 would be too tall.

Colin Peckham

Thanks so much for your answer. The smaller 180litre unit is 1970 high, but how much clearance should be allowed for fitting and maintenance. There are only 2 of us living here so I think that should be big enough ?

Colin Peckham

Hi, when do you think the NSW Government will be able to offer a subsidy ?

Bob Blackwell
Bob Blackwell · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

where can i buy one

iStore   DM

Hi Bob, please call our toll free number 1300 552 619 and we will be able to answer all of your questions and direct you to an authorised installer in your area, thank you.

Robert P
Robert P · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

What's the warranty period for the iStore 270L?

iStore   DM

Hi Robert, The components of the system have different warranties.

iStore Glass Lined Tank (Does not include element, thermostat, PTR valve or sacrificial anode):
Warranty Period (Parts only): 5 years
Warranty Period (Parts and Labour): 5 years

Refrigeration:
Warranty Period (Parts only): 2 years
Warranty Period (Parts and Labour): 2 years (5 years Vic only)

Electrical (Controller and sensor leads):

Warranty Period (Parts and Labour): 1 year

Air filters & consumable items:
Warranty Period (Parts only): 1 year
Warranty Period (Parts and Labour): 1 year

Please call 1330 552 619 and we can discuss your Australian location and individual factors.

Campbell G.
Campbell G.

Why are the warranty periods so short for an item that should last 10-15 years?

Sparkvale2
Sparkvale2

No answer to this question>>Why are the warranty periods so short for an item that should last 10-15 years?

iStore   DM

Warranties have grown as our experience with the product's reliability and durability is proven. Therefore from the 1st of October 2022 iStore will have a comprehensive 5-year parts and labour warranty right across Australia.

Tanya C.
Tanya C. · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Hi,
We had a Istore 270 installed yesterday & am wondering if the LED screen should be on constantly, as ours isn't & I can't work out how to get it to come on to set the timers.

iStore   DM

Thanks for your enquiry Tanya, Could you please supply your contact number and I will ensure one of our qualified customer service team members calls you. Alternatively, you can contact our support line on 1300 552 619 and we can help you thru the LCD operations. Regards Michelle

temp
temp

Hmm. That doesn't really answer the question for the rest of us though, does it?

Jinx U.
Jinx U.

Activate screen by pressing bottom LT corner of screen for a few seconds.

iStore   DM

Unlike a mobile phone where the whole screen is touch sensitive, the iStore LCD screen is only sensitive upon the row of buttons across the lower section of the screen. For the 180L the buttons are 3 cm up from the bottom of the LCD when opening the cover, for the 270L the buttons a 1.5cm up from the the bottom of the LCD when the cover is removed. Simply tap the screen anywhere across the row of buttons the screen will wake up and show the current status of the iStore.”

MMM
MMM · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Is the iStore 270l the same as the EVO270?

iStore   DM

Thank you very much for your enquiry, please call our 1300 number and we can discuss you individual needs and provide details of a reseller in your area. iStore – 1300 552 619

Dasher
Dasher · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Often the iStore only heats to ~50 degrees after completing its heating cycle (even though it is set to 60deg). For this reason, we had the original board max temperature restriction removed (we could set it to 70 degrees in winter).

However since a board replacement recently (due to a faulty relay), the replacement board is maxed out at 60deg.

1. Why does the iStore not achieve it's preset temperature each time?
2. How can I increase the max temp to 70deg?

iStore   DM

HI Dasher, There are a number of factors to be considered in heating cycles, household usage, and plumbing configurations. Please call the iStore support line on 1300 552 619 so we can review and advise upon your observations.
Thankyou

New puppy owners
New puppy owners · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Please can someone contact me regarding sales and enquiries for the iStore Air to Energy 270L.

garynardella@me.com

New puppy owners
New puppy owners · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Hi Im looking to purchase an effective, efficient and energy saving hot water unit. After reading the reviews I am very interested in the iStore Air to Energy 270L. How much are the units and what are the warranties?

Cheers J

Plark · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

iStore air to energy just installed 2 days ago. I have over as well so important it comes on only in day. I have the timer setting for 8:00 to 18:00 but I notice the fan is coming on earlier about 7:00. Why is it doing this?

Plark

Thanks Sean. The system was obedient this morning. It must have needed what you called midnight "disinfect". Should that be "re-set" or something. It is a great unit, but the manual (hardcopy and online) leaves a lot to be desired.

iStore   DM

Hi Plark, Please call the iStore helpline on 1300 552 619 and we will clarify and assist you with your query.

Sean
Sean

Plato, I’ve removed my comment as it was incorrect. iStore will be in touch (they give great customer service mate)

Get an answer from our members and iStore representatives

Select a listing for your question
iStore Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

iStore Hot Water Heat Pump 270L is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2022 and 2021. Learn more