4Lavazza A Modo Mio Jolie

Lavazza A Modo Mio Jolie Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPN:762068
Murray B.
Murray B.

We have a A Modo Mio espresso coffee machine in our caravan. It is not used consistently all through the year, but before we put it away, we descale and run hot water through it.
Until now, it has worked fine. But on this current journey, it has not worked at all and does not allow water through the machine.
We’ve looked at all the obvious things, but we can’t see any reason why it should not deliver the hot water through the capsule
Thank you .

Sal
Sal

We have had two jolie lavazza coffee machines, both have worked great for just over a year but then they have ended due to water leaking from the bottom, we descale regularly- is it just that these machines are only built to last a year?

Catherine M.

I think it’s the new pods not the machine. Lungo dolce pods do this to me, all other varieties fine

Katrina.H
Katrina.H

Just bought a Lavazzo A Modo Mio but it wont automatically eject the empty pod into the container i have to eject it myself like its stuck
Any ideas

Rick
Rick

Are you supposed to eject the capsule after brewing or do you leave it until next brew when you are opening it to insert a new capsule? i.e. how should the machine be left?

Siobhan

I have just bought a new Lavazza Jolie and took it out of the box last night. I followed the instructions to flush it through with water without any coffee capsule before first use. Then I made two coffees and it worked - except that it auto-stopped before I would have liked it to as I like my coffees a bit 'longer' - not a huge problem - but now this morning I do have a big problem with this machine as it fails to work at all!! All that happens is that the light keeps blinking but never changes to a solid, steady light, hence I can't proceed to make an actual coffee. Extremely frustrating! This can happen if the used capsule tank is full but mine is empty.
Can anyone shed any light on this?
Thank you.
Siobhan Carey

Jim B.
Jim B.

When the light blinks for ages I usually tap it and it goes steady white. Then tap it again and it will dispense.

Siobhan

Thank you Jim B. Yes, I figured that out and that's what I'm doing and it works fine. Thanks!

Ian K.
Ian K.

Hi - how do I achieve the correct dosage every time on the Lungo setting - rather than pressing and holding the button with every use?

Sammi L.
Sammi L.

why is my lavazza Jolie not bring out hot water when it goes in to cup there is steam coming from it but when you take it off its just warm

Jennifer Ribbon
Jennifer Ribbon

Just re-purchased Lavazza Jolie, new 2 days ago & it has started leeking water like my last one, what is the problem again?

Martin

Recently my Lavazza modo mio has been leaking water, I have regularly descaled and the water flows with no problem without a capsule inserted. However once you insert the capasule it leaks hot water. I have traced the problem to the holes on the outlet side being inadequate - too small. I have to over-force the handle and even do it a couple of times to ensure the outlet holes are large enough, overwise it stops the water flow, which backs-up and leaks from the rear holes on the capsule. This has only recently happened since I think they change from green coloured capsules to black. Has the capsule thickness increased or have the coffee grinds been over-compressed stopping the machine properly puncturing the capsule? Are other people having the same problem with eco caps?

clarissadenham
clarissadenham

We have encountered exactly the same problem. We also discovered that the Jolie leaks with some capsules, and not others, and we were wondering the same as you. Any answers please, Lavazza?

Georgina C.
Georgina C.

I have also have exactly the same problem. Lavazza changed there caps and they no longer worked in my Jolie machine. Complained to Lavazza and all they said was some of the caps had been overfilled. I must admit the black caps do feel quite solid as apposed to the old white ones.

Phil
Phil

Same problem also. Descaler used first, thinking was that. But as you say, water runs fine without capsules in, but leaks when insert capsule. Has anyone heard from lavazza on it?

Martin

Thanks for all your replies. Lavazza (UK) have advised there is a problem with their new black capsules in particular with the modo mio machines not puncturing correctly, and have replaced my previous subscription order with green capsules.

Lisa L.
Lisa L.

Same here and with my parents machine too. Lavazza need to sort the problem out ASAP!! Rubbish pods now, leaking and ruining our wooden surfaces!!

Imy J.
Imy J.

I have the same problem with black pods not piercing properly and leaking. Ok with red and decaf pods. I’m waiting on a response from Lavazza.

C.R. H.
C.R. H.

I have the same issue my machine leaks water with the black capsules and work ok with the decaf blue ones. This needs to be fixed.

Richard H.
Richard H.

Same. I just pre-puncture the black capsules with a sharp knife before putting it in and it works fine. Once I'm through this batch I'll use different colours until Lavazza rectify the problem at source.

Catherine M.

Yes it’s the pods. I had trouble persuading Sainsbury’s to give me a refund. All the affected pods should be recalled by Lavazza! Lungo Dolce are the worst offenders.

John
John

I have had several Lavazza coffee pod machines and so I am very use to the coffee. Recently I have noticed fine grouts in the bottom of the cup. Is this a problem with my machine or the coffee?

genXreviewer
genXreviewer

I never found this but only used it from new for a couple of months! It sounds like something is puncturing the capsule lid too hard - or the lids themselves were a faulty batch.
If it happens with a new lot, you know it’s the machine

Lavazza   DM

Hi John, Thanks for reaching out. Please contact us directly at external link so we can investigate further for you. The Lavazza Team.

Jen

I bought a second hand machine very cheap and now I know why. It’s not working! It looks reasonably new however I could see lots of ‘muck’ from milk etc as I think the previous over out the milk where the water went? Eww!
So it turned on and does it’s thing however there not water pumping through. It makes the noise but no suction.
I managed to remove the tubes and clean them out but could there be an issue with the pump also and is this replaceable?
For the cost of the machine I feel it’s worth investigating and trying to fix the issue.
Just some advice if it’s mostly likely a blockage issue and if there’s possibility it’s just the pump and if can be replaced would be great!

Also can you buy the little magnetic whisk for inside the milk frother as that was missing too!

Masterchef

hello, never buy second hand like coffee machines, air fryers, or similar cost more than the actual machine in the long run. Go on the lavazza web site sometimes they have good sales. I got mine half price. still works well with a matching milk frother. But you have to descale about every 2 months to clear the pipes. i wouldn't bother trying to fix yours it will cost more than a new one.'

Jen

Thanks for your answer. I got it for $10 so figured why not take a look and see if I can fix it myself. I’m pretty handy. Haha. I know right, the cost should’ve been an indicator but yea I just bought a new one. Still I think to write off $10 on the chance I’d have a machine why not!

Lavazza   DM

Hi Jen, thank you for the positive feedback, yes please visit external link or contact our service centre on 1300 307 171 for any assistance. The Lavazza Team

Khayla A.

I have had my machine for 3 months, worked perfectly. This morning i made a coffee and the machine was fine, a couple of hours later i went back to make another and the machine wont even turn on!! After turning off and back on again, the light on the button comes on and then turns off again. I have tried different power points with the same result. There is very little helpful information in the instruction booklet. Anyone have any ideas??

Masterchef

When you first turn the power on it will flash and then turn off. You have to touch the button again and the light will flash on and off when it stops the coffee machine is ready to operate. Touch the button again and coffee will start to flow and will automatically turn off when the cup is full enough Best of luck works every time for me.

Masterchef

PS read first answer I buy all my Pods when On special at Coles from $12-50 down to $8-20 have at least 15 boxes in stock at any one time.

Khayla A.

Thanks! I have been operating the machine effectively for the last few months so am aware of how to turn it on and use it but thanks for the feedback

Olivia Tree
Olivia Tree

I bought our Lavazza Jolie Plus machine last December. After a couple of months it started leaking from underneath. It’s a pain to have to clean up all the time.I’ve cleaned it, spend a lot of money on descaling solutions and it still happens. I love this coffee and machine but what can I do?

Lavazza   DM

Thanks for your feedback. The Lavazza A Modo Mio Jolie is covered by a 12 month warranty. Please contact our Service Centre on 1300 307 171 at anytime so one of our friendly staff members can go through some trouble shooting with you or assist you in any way. The Lavazza Team

Catherine M.

It’s the new pods not the machine. Lungo Dolce are a nightmare

Michael L.
Michael L.

Water flows not making coffee

Masterchef

make sure you have put the coffee pod in otherwise it will only put out water. Sometimes when you put the coffee pod in it can just drop through to the container and you have to retrieve it and try again

Lavazza   DM

Thanks for your feedback. Please contact our service centre on 1300 307 171 during business hours and one of friendly staff members will be able to assist with any trouble shooting. The Lavazza Team

Rebus50
Rebus50

Hi everyone, we have A modo mio Jolie and it worked fine for 15 months with regular cleaning.
Now it simply does not work, water is just staying as is, nothing is happening, no leaks, no pour, nothing. Do I try to open the machine? Is the water pump somehow broken?
Did anybody else encounter this problem??
Thank you!

Fiona
Fiona

I am now on my second machine that simply stops working - we descaled and clean regularly. The pod is punctured but water not flowing through. So disappointed as i love this coffee.

David

The water outlet may be blocked. Try inserting a skewer up it to dislodge any residue. I would call the Lavazza customer service. If they can't advise you, ask them if they can replace the machine. I've found them to be reasonable.

Pamela P.

Why is water/coffee leaking into the used capsule compartment?

David

Our machine does this too, since new. I am not sure why but it has never affected the operation. I just empty it after use.

Pamela P.

Thank you, but ours has just started to do it after 6 months.....we have just descaled it to see if it makes a difference....

Jan

Hi, mine does too even I after I descaled it. It's not a lot so I just empty it out with the capsule and it doesn't affect the operation. I've just purchased a re-useable stainless steel capsule so I'll post how that works out too. Hope it goes well and I don't have to purchase non recyclable capsules again!

Pamela P.

Thank you...interested in how the reusable capsule goes....

Jan

The reusable capsule is a great idea and works really well. I haven't found anything negative about it but also need to use it more to make sure the machine is ok with this sort long term.

Tania
Tania

Can you please share which stainless steel pod you bought? There are a few out there. Thanks.

Olivia
Olivia

Can I ask which reusable pods you bought and use with this machine?

Darryl B.
Darryl B.

We had exactly the same issue. Even after descaling multiple times.

Seems the problem is with the outlet. Followed someone's advice and stuck a bamboo skewer up the outlet. Lots of coffee stuff blocking it. Now works perfectly.

I guess the descaling solution not powerful enough.

Ela W

What is the maximum dispensing volume? If you let it drip until it stops by itself , how much coffee does it make, in millilitres (ml) ? Thanks

Sue
Sue

I will have to get back to you on that one i have never measured it.

Ela W

It’s ok, I found out the answer in the meantime. Unfortunately the total amount of dispensed coffee is the entire capacity of the water tank! So there isn’t a way to preset it to stop after a cup of coffee. It only works with an ON/OFF button for making coffee and you have to watch it and stop when you have enough coffee in the cup. This is very impractical in busy environments where not everyone understands that this is the process, most machines on the market dispense one coffee at a time, so it leads to spillages if people don’t figure out in time how to stop it or are walking away from the machine whilst it’s making the coffee. Very bad design, I guess that’s why Lavazza now brought out a new model called A Modo Mio Jolie Plus . This new one has a preset small/large coffee function ( 2 buttons) which can also be adjusted in volume to suit your own cups.

How could anyone bring out a machine that literally pours 600ml of coffee in a tiny cup unless you’re watching it and stopping in time??

Urrbrae-Rob
Urrbrae-Rob

We like small espresso coffees so this machine is perfect for us. You do have to watch the amount coming from the machine. We usually dispense around 50ml per capsule. I understand the machine turns off by itself after 90ml. But I think the coffee would be very weak with that amount. I don’t think it would be much use in an office environment where people want a large serve and aren’t prepared to put in a little effort to make a perfect coffee. We’ve been drinking Lavazza coffee for nearly 40 years and it’s still our favourite.

Damyon
Damyon

I have one of these - after about 10 cups, the water has stopped turning off at the right moment - is there a cup size setting that I've accidentally changed or is it faulty?

Mark
Mark

You can set the ‘dose’ size - download the manual from https://www.lavazza.co.uk/en/assistance/jolie-plus.html for instructions.

Get an answer from our members and Lavazza representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Lavazza A Modo Mio Jolie is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024. Learn more

DeLonghi Nespresso Citiz