LG WD1200D

MPN: WD1200D

42 questions from our users

Mehwish Hassan

Mehwish Hassanasked

Anyone can tell me about the timings of wash cycles ?

Fiona

Fionaasked

Hi all, I have an LG WD1200D washing machine, has been a great machine....until just the other day I put a load on, it filled with water then it started beeping, all the lights on the spin cycle selection were flashing and half the lights on the wash cycles were flashing?! Anyone had this problem?
Cheers
Fiona

Lisa B

Lisa Basked

Why does my machine water seem hot when lve only got cold water tap turned on

cfitzs05

You have to select cold as a temp as most modern machines heat the wash water and only have one cold water intake which is because household hot water is variable and the plastic components cant handle the high temperature of some hot water systems.

RVarma

RVarmaasked

My WD1200D w/machine refuses to start. The unit is only about a year and a half old. Any suggestions?

Joyce P.

Joyce P.asked

What is the quickest cycle to use for a normal wash using a WTW 1409 VCW - LG washing machine? I tried the Cotton Eco yesterday and it took a lifetime!

Leoneasked

I can't seem to get my LG WD 1200 to wash in cold water...despite selecting cold.....please help

SadCookie

Have you thought of disconnecting or turning off the hot water line to the machine? I did that with mine as I always use cold to wash.

Leone

Yes..i disconnected the hot...it heats up independently

Marilyn F.

Marilyn F.asked

why does the machine stop at various times for quite a while eggs. 30 minute cycle stopped with 8 minutes to go and waited a while before continuing

Kripanjali D.

Kripanjali D.asked

How do I tub clean my lg WD1200D front load washing machine?

????

EddieZ

EddieZasked

How long is the Quick Cotton Cycle?

Suzie Cass

Suzie Cassasked

Hi - can you just use cold water and not have the washer heat it? So the clothes come out cold and not warm/hot?

SadCookie

Dear Suzie, That might have helped but you'll have to find out from someone else as I no longer have the machine. It was returned to the place I bought it from. Regards SC

fred f
fred f

Check the manual FIRST

Tracy

Tracyasked

I am getting certain items of cotton coming out of a wash covered in thin black lines. This is so annoying as it happens randomly but takes a long soak in Friend or Nappisan to lighten these lines???? What could cause these thin black lines and I can assure you we ran a very hot nappisan wash to see if grease had got into the drum, it still happened in the next wash????

Jen

Hi Tracy, I have had the same thing happen with my LG washer. Up until now I didn't realise it was the machine, and had no idea why it was happening.
Jennifer

cfitzs05

Any mould in the rim seals?

Jae P

Jae Pasked

Won’t stop spin cycles. Any ideas?

James

Jamesasked

I have a brand new WD1200D and when we use Quick wash it pulses the water about 6 or 7 times, this is annoyng as I can hear the pipes struggling and pretty sure this isnt good for the pipes. Is this normal?

Vicki
Vicki

It's a common complaint it seems. I have heard it do it but it doesn't appear to cause the issues here so far. Perhaps that's because I am not on mains water pressure. I could imagine that making a bit of a difference

DavidP
DavidP

Yes mine does the same and I've heard it is "by design". I had to add a water hammer arrestor to the pipework leading into it. Even with that installed, the banging is very intense. Running the cold tap at the same time seems to help.

joanne paterson

joanne patersonasked

Can anyone tell me if this machine will wash Bath Sheets (towels the size of beach towels)? My current machine makes a very loud thumping sound on spin cycles, similar to a top loading machine being unbalanced

Rod G
Rod G

Yes to the larger towels but don’t try to do too many st once which may be your issue.
The larger towels absorb more water and end up very heavy.
With a seven kg machine perhaps two towels are plenty when wet.

Thank you. I have been only washing one towel. I have tried to balance it out woth other items. Sometimes it works sometimes not. Thanks again much appreciated

I can not wash single sheets it bangs the machine apart ,Lg wont even try to help me .SO DONT BUY ANY LG ITEMS .

Jess

Jessasked

Does anyone know if you don’t have a hot water hose connected does the machine heat it’s own water?

Discerning
Discerning

Our Bosch does

Henry

Henryasked

How long for each cycle when using lg wd1200d washing machine?

Fred
Fred

The manual (well, one of the manuals I've found - not the one that came with the machine :) ), says ... cotton 3:43; cotton quick 2:17; synthetic 2:50; quick 30 30; wool 37; delicate 47; blanket 1:40; baby care 2:27; rinse and spin 18.
That typed, ours takes 45 for a quick 30, and more than 5 hours on cotton (!). Our water pressure is low, so that accounts for some of the extra time ... but I'm not impressed so far. It regularly fails to get through a cotton wash (usually having a lot of trouble in the spin cycles. Still trying to get the problems sorted out - but I remain hopeful. :)

Dan K.
Dan K.

My cotton takes 1h20. Just did a delicate now, 1h10

Mrs Naidoo

Mrs Naidooasked

Hi please assist my front loader LG machine takes 2 hours on the synthetic cycle previously washed within an hour.

Ankita
Ankita

On my experience sometimes it’s depends on washing powder as if you put more detergent it’s took long just put 1/2 cup

Deead
Deead

My LG takes 59 minutes (we bought it 7 years ago & it's never missed a beat). We got one for our daughter & she did her first wash with it this Sunday - a synthetic wash program that took over 2 hours! I have just contacted LG to find out what's going on but apparently this is normal - they quoted 2 hours 50 minutes (yep nearly 3 hours) for a synthetic wash which is ridiculous!

appliancequest

appliancequestasked

Just purchased this wd1200 and on the spin cycle (30min wash) 2013 it started walking to the other side of the room. Any one experienced this? What can I do?

Amanda K
Amanda K

It means it is unlevel. You can adjust the feet under the washer by turning them

Maz

Mazasked

Can you just use the Spin cycle without the rinse?

laurie

laurieasked

What is the best front loader detergent?

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives