Lowan Rice Flakes

Lowan Rice Flakes Questions & Answers

11 questions from our users

Pat VT
Pat VTasked

Where can I purchase them in Tamworth?

Bibbi

Hi there, unfortunately Logan rice flakes are no longer available. I have been purchasing Rice Flakes from The Full Pantry.com.au they are a ittle more pricey but good quality.

Sharon T.asked

Hi everyone, does anyone have the recipe for the baked rice porridge in the oven, it was rice flakes, milk, brown sugar & vanilla essence - I just recall ratios & time in oven.

Leanne G.

Did you use Lowans' Rice Flakes as they're not available anymore. Woolies now has a substitute in Forbidden Foods Gluten Free Rice Flakes. More expensive (300gm pkt for $5) and I have found that you need almost double the amount to get the same quantity as when I used Lowans' and it leaves a bad aftertaste so I'm adding cinnamon and honey to my porridge now.

Sharon T.

Yes I used lowans in the past. I’ve purchased forbidden & was planning on using that as a substitute- I note the price difference. Have you made the baked in oven recipe ?

Bibbi

Hi you can use rice flakes or regular rice.
In a dish place half cup rice, 1cup milk, 2 tspoons sugar, pinch salt, half tsp vanilla essence.
Mix tog then top with a tiny bit of butter which will form a nice brown skin if cooked in the oven.
Enjoy

Elaine B.
Elaine B.asked

I live on central coast where can I buy Lowans rice flakes

Bibbi

Hi Elaine, as I'm aware, unfortunately Lowan Rice Flakes are no longer available anywhere due to gluten contamination. To remedy this they would need to process in separate machinery which is not cost effective. I have been purchasing Rice flakes from Affordable Whole foods, a bit more pricey but they are the same as the Lowan brand. Best of luck

Grant Kowald
Grant Kowald

Thanks for the feedback. I live near Caboolture, Qld and wondering if you know whether Affordable Whole Foods distribute stock to supermarkets in Qld?

Leanne G.

According to their website they ship to your location Grant but like Bibbi mentioned the cost is rather high. For a kg of rice flakes including shipping it's just under $20. Maybe speak to managers of your local Woolies and Coles to see if it's possible for them to stock this product. I'm sure they're well aware that Lowan's no longer supply them.

sylviab
sylviabasked

where can I purchase Lowan rice flakes in Western Australia

sylviab
sylviabasked

where can this product be bought - tried all supermarkets and it seems no one stocks it anymore

Tony Woods
Tony Woods

Lowan has ceased manufacture of these products as they are no longer commercially viable.

GREENS GENERAL FOODS
Tayla Chaplin

Doreen R
Doreen Rasked

when will rice flakes be back on coles shelves

barry w.
barry w.asked

why the recall. and when will they be available again ?

Jules

discontinued no longer commercially viable stated by manufacturer

Carol
Carolasked

What has happened to these rice flakes ? I went to my Stafford store & was told they had been recalled . Am gluten intolerant & were perfect for me . Can you suggest something else please ? Am almost finished my last lot of rice porridge .
Thanking you

Carol Dickson

Casaberth
Casaberthasked

Can these be used ground up when a recipe calls for rice crumb?

Mary BLOGGS
Mary BLOGGSasked

Where can I get your rice flakes in bulk? I eat a lot. of them and don't want to be bothered with lots of little packets. I like to make up a large container of my own gluten free, preservative free mix and then I'm organised for a while.
Actually I can't find even the small packs in my local Woolworths or IGA anyway, or my health food shop.

With thanks
Margaret Clough

Rhonda Clarke

Margaret are you in Sydney? I buy them local at Woollies/Coles and buy them in quantities when on sale @ $3.10 per pkt, from memory. Not sure where you could buy them in BULK ask the company, Lowan's. However a checkout chick once told me that Indian stores have a similar product. Hope this helps. Rhonda

Carol Raby
Carol Rabyasked

i am making my own muesli do I need to cook the rice flakes for this? Or use the out of the packet?

Rhonda Clarke

Gosh, you need to cook as they are just as hard as rice. I'm not sure you could use them for Muesli to store but could add a bit each time you eat it. R

Other Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis