OzHead MKIII

OzHead MKIII Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for OzHead? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

20 questions from our users

Harmony P
Harmony Pasked

I had a Muster straightener 20 years ago which I loved and replaced with a GHD when my sister took the Muster when she moved out. It was back in 2005 and GHDs were just as good (if not better) than the Muster. When the GHD died about 7 years ago, GHDs were not made the same and I have just been buying cheap ones. I am on the search for the 'holy grail' straightener that achieves results like the original Muster and GHDs. Does anyone have experience using these classic ones and can provide some feedback on what they have found available now that is similar? Thanks in advance! :)

Anita
Anitaasked

Hi. I haven't been seen any reviews as to how this goes with curling hair. Does anyone have any feedback regarding this?

mimi
mimi
Anita
Anitaasked

Hi. I'm thinking of purchasing your product for my daughters, ages 11 & 12. The younger one has really curly, ringlet type hair and the older one has dead straight hair. My hairdresser told me that a hair straightener should be able to straighten and curl hair. Is this correct? Thank you.

Maureen Flood
Maureen Flood

I have gone from natural curly hair to smooth straight hair and loving it, great product and so handy to have at home saves you money as you can do it at home,

Dalma H.OzHeadSend a private message

Hey Anita, Yes your hairdresser is absolutely correct :-) You can curl and straighten with the OzHead straightener very easily. Kind regards.

Lee
Leeasked

Looking to buy a new hair straightener as my old GHD is on borrowed time. Very interested in the Ozhead and also the SAS. They seem to be quite similar in function, price and reviews and I really cant decide which to get. Any information would be appreciated?

Maggie3029
Maggie3029
Marlin
Marlinasked

Hi,
I am looking to replace my current straightener (a GHD). After 3 years it has become much weaker and I am no longer satisfied with the way my hair looks after I straighten it no matter how long I spend doing it. I have really thick, curly hair and was looking for something that would work well for my hair. I also straighten my hair every week and was looking for something that wouldn't damage it too much. Is there a specific hair straightener that you think may work best for me ? Also wondering what the material of the plates are and if you guys do any student discounts at all? Thanks, Marlin

Nicky

Marlin, I also have thick wavy hair, did you end up getting a OZhead? If so how was it with your hair?

Jeannie
Jeannieasked

My daughter and I have thick course curly hair and want to buy a straightener was thinking of a ghd but too expensive. We would like to give your product a go what can u offer please?

Leny
Lenyasked

Does the mini hair straightener have the same description/features as the MKIII?

Sakshi Kalra
Sakshi Kalraasked

Hi , I am looking to buy a hair straightner for my 16 yrs old daughter with heavy and loose curly hairs. Which model and brand should I go for ? Any recommendations ? Cheers! Sakshi.

Billie
Billieasked

Hi there - I was wanting to purchase 2 new hair straighteners for myself and my daughter. Not sure what brand to choose next as previously I had GHDs. However, recently, I have had a bad experience with their latest version of GHD which stopped working within 2 months of purchase and same with the replacement GHD straightener supplied (less than 2 months in fact). Neither was it an easy task to sort out with GHD customer services. In the end I gave up and asked for my money back as I couldn't be bothered going through it all for a third time.
Do you deliver to Auckland, New Zealand?
Belinda

Nicole Round
Nicole Roundasked

Hi, wanted to know if the plates are solid ceramic?

sam
samasked

Got a few questions. Are you planning to bring out a wide straightener at all? Do your straighteners have an auto off feature? I am looking to buy a 2 pack so I can spoil a friend but I was hoping to get 2 different colours. Is this possible?

Cazz2260
Cazz2260

Hi Sam, I bought this product and I'm very happy with it. You will have to contact the supplier. I just did a review on the product.

sami.b.rae
sami.b.raeasked

Hi do these straighteners have a tempetature control setting?

Dalma H.OzHeadSend a private message

Hi Sami. Yes the temperature is variable from 120C to 230C :)

jacks4nik
jacks4nikasked

Also wondering how the vibrating plates work.Does it straighten the hair more easily, or keep it straighter for longer?Its baffling.

Dalma H.OzHeadSend a private message

Hi Jacks. The vibrating plates help to straighten the hair more easily as it reduces the friction on the plates. Its especially useful for thick or hard to manage hair.

Dirk H
Dirk H

I use the vibrating plates as i find it easier and its more gentle on my scalp as it glides through hair smoothly. My daughter has an ozhead too and she tends to turn the vibrating option off. The option to use it is yours. Sarah

jacks4nik
jacks4nikasked

Hey ozheads. Silly question but wondering if the three different coloured latest model are exactly the same product.I also have never been able to find a straightener that can do the fine and annoying curly bits around the face.Not even the so called incredible Ghds can do it.The fringe is also a problem.What are your thoughts? Can ozhead get close to the scalp and get those problem around the face areas? What do you think guys?

Chandrika
Chandrikaasked

Hi I am travelling to the US, does this have dual voltage?! Can I use this on towel dried hair ?! ( I had one which said something like "wet to dry",ages ago and I could use it on towel dried hair , I think the brand was Remington) Thanks

Dalma H.OzHeadSend a private message

Hi Chandrika. Yes the straightener has dual voltage and will work in the USA. You can also use it on dowel dried hair (IE very slightly damp) but not on wet hair.
Warm regards
Dalma

jakirap
jakirapasked

I really tossing between couple of hair straighteners. I have thick long frizzy black hair.
just wonder OZhead will do the job as after using some straighteners my arms are in pain?

Vicki
Vicki
Marina
Marina
Kelly
Kellyasked

So my GHD has died and I am actively looking for a replacement hair straightener. I'm currently torn before between a couple of brands, Ozhead being one of them. I would really like to give a Australian company a go but I am hesitant due to the number of reviews that state they had problems with the straightener and had to send them back, yes they commened the speedy turn around on this but this is still making me wary. Did you encounter a known bad batch? I'd be interested in seeing some videos and photos with before and after shots, I found a few on Instagram & facebook but I didn't find them to be overly impressive. Seeing something like this could seal the deal for me.

Over to you....... impress me ;)

shay
shayasked

what's the heat range and what are the different models currently available ?

Georgia McCarthy

There is only one heat, you can't change it. I think it gets up to 200 degrees.

Roachelle22
Roachelle22asked

Can you curl your hair with this product?

Erin
Erin

Yes you can. I Got on line and watched a video on how to do it. Works well..

Georgia McCarthy

Yep, I curl my hair with it all the time. It works really well if you know how. Go to Youtube and watch some tutorials.

kulina thapa
kulina thapaasked

How much price for his iron. would you mind to sent me the rice please?

The straightener by itself is only $139.95 + shipping from www.ozhead.com.au