Ryobi Crushing Shredder RSH2445S

Listing monitored by Ryobi

10 questions from our users

David B
David Basked

How does it go with bamboo?

Brigitte O.
Brigitte O.asked

Are replacement blades still available for a 2400W Crushing Shredder - Model RSH2445S, and how do you replace them? All I could find in the manual was "how to sharpen them".

Ecpaul

Not sure - sorry. I would check with Bunnings or call up Ryobi.

Chas T.
Chas T.asked

does it shred we leaves

Ecpaul

I have never used it just for leaves. I have used it to do trimmings of murayas, hibiscus, etc. I doubt that would work only on leaves. It does do palm fronds.

jkgfjdgf
jkgfjdgf

No. It’s designed to crunch twigs branches (up to about 35mm in diameter). The output is kind of like wood chips. If you put leaves in they just come out unchanged.

Peter Gersbach
Peter Gersbachasked

My Ryobi RHS2445S Crushing Shredder is the best thing I have ever had for garden prunings. However, after four months, the gearbox sounds like it is crushing rocks and missing teeth. I have not abused it, always crushing easy stuff that fits easily into the slot. I am taking it back to Bunnings tomorrow, 24Feb21. I will get another one, it is so good for what my jobs I have for it. Does Ryobi have an explanation for this early failure?

Tom L.
Tom L.

How did the replacement go?

jan W
jan Wasked

do any of ryobi chippers mulch gum nuts

Ecpaul

Not sure but probably not. Small pieces of wood do not go through. The branches need to be held vertically to go through the blades which operate vertically. This is for the cruncher. I think the shredder would not be any good either. The blades with the shredder operate horizontally so like the blades of a mower.

paul . p.
paul . p.asked

where to get replacement blades for the crusher shredder RSH2445S

Ecpaul

Sorry _- I don't know. Hopefully Bunnings where I purchased it from. But I think the blade would take a while to wear out.

johnny d.
johnny d.asked

Whats the differance between silent shredder and crushing shredder the crushing shredder costs more.....

Ecpaul

I bought the cheaper one - about $330 from Bunnings - to get rid of some duranta printings. It's shredding mechanism is like the blades on your mower. It got clogged continuously. The dearer one has a cruncher where the blade operates vertically. This means it is self feeding. It has never clogged. It is much quieter than the cheaper one and much solider. Bunnings took the cheaper one back. I asked why they sold the cheaper one and was told people have different price points. The cruncher has a 7 year warranty. I strongly recommend it. Neither will do leaves. The cruncher will do palm fronds - the cheaper one won't.
I hope this helps.

Ian

Indeed, I'd just add that the crushing shredder also has the surprisingly powerful variable speed motor, & fairly quiet, plus a translucent 55L vs. 40L black hopper bin which is also an advantage. Mine has never clogged or been unable to deal with whatever prunings I can feed into it (fruit & nut trees, native shrubs etc no palms) including leafy stuff. Leaves tend to be more mushed than shredded in my case. I'm glad I paid the bit extra for a good machine that's easy to use and perfect for my shredding needs. I think gets many good reviews for a reason.I hope this helps with decision making, too.

Ian

...and there's the Ryobi website: www.ryobi.com.au/outdoor/products/list/category/shredders

HeatherPasked

The chopping blades on my shredder aren’t rotating but the motor is working fine. It’s only about 3 months old too. Any suggestions?

Pete
Pete

Broken belt drive my friend.

HeatherP

☹️ But thanks for getting back to me

Pauline & Paul M.
Pauline & Paul M.asked

Hi What is the difference between the 2445 T and the S model please.
Regards Paul

Braam
Braam

Mechanically not sure but apart from the see through bin I think it is basically the same. I believe the T is discontinued.

Jennifer A.
Jennifer A.asked

Is there a mulcher that can clip onto your green waste bin To save double handling.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

Other Garden Shredders