Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro

MPN: SM-J250GZKAXSA

31 questions from our users

BJF

BJFasked

My phone screen has stopped turning on. If i hold the on/off button down it vibrates but the screen remains black. Do you know why this happens?

karenfff

its broken. nothing can be done. had similar issues in the past. I hope it's under warranty.

AdaSamsung

Hi, if you have tried to use an alternate charging cable to charge your J2 Pro and it is still not turning on, we recommend for you to head into your nearest authorised service centre so that we can take a look into this.

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

Andrew P.

Andrew P.asked

is this a good Rural area phone

Sharkus
Sharkus

Hi Andrew. I had a J2 pro and it did get good rural telstra reception. I have bought a recent samsung S7 telstra and it does not have as good reception (not blue tick) However the J2 is limited in storage with app downloads after their latest upgraded software. Hence my change from 16g to 32g storage. Hope this helps.

AdaSamsung

Hi Andrew, we recommend for you to reach out to your service provider for information on the coverage of reception in your area.

karenfff

my experience is that you can have the best phone on the market. but if you are in an area with poor reception the phone wont work.

hung m.

hung m.asked

My phone won't open whatsapp linked messages?

AdaSamsung

Hi Hung, if you are unable to open links through this app, it would be best for you to reach out to the app developers for further assistance with this.

hung meng h.

hung meng h.asked

unable to open whatsapp link messages received

AdaSamsung

Hi Hung, if this is occurring within the app only, it would be best for you to reach out to the app developers for further assistance with this.

Dawn Craig

Dawn Craigasked

In the last two weeks I have suddenly not been able to access internet when away from home. How can I fix this?

karenfff

how are you accessing the internet away from home? are you using free wifi or your mobile data? if it's mobile data you need to contact your provider. if it's free wifi I have found that it doesn't matter what phone you have. some free wifi can't be connected either because it's congested or there is an issue with the way they authenticate or some other issue. at times my sister can access the free wifi in the Westfield shopping centre and I can't.

AdaSamsung

Hi Dawn, if you are experiencing troubles with using your mobile data, we recommend for you to reach out to your service provider for further assistance with this.

Marie C.asked

How can l down load apps ? For instance lm going on a cruise and l want the princess medallion app

karenfff

Below is the closes link I can find. you need to create a google account. Google annoyingly won't let you use playstore without a google account. Make sure when it asks you for payment or creditcard that you select something like "voucher" I forgot what I did but i need to do it for one of my devices recently for a family member.
If you are reading this from your phone. clicking the link below may help to open the playstore with the app. Search for "medallion cruise".
_https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carnival.gxi.ocean.compass.OceanCompass&hl=en

AdaSamsung

You can download apps from the Google Play Store via the steps in the link below, Marie.

Marie C.

Thank you for your help and information, cheers Marie

Andrew M.

Andrew M.asked

My phone calling and messages are not working

AdaSamsung

Hi Andrew, we're sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your J2 Pro. I recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

Kylee

Kyleeasked

Does the Samsung galaxy j2 pro have issue when downloading an app if battery is low?

AdaSamsung

Hi Kylee, if your J2 Pro is running low on battery, we recommend for you to connect it to a power source so that it can charge. You will be able to continue using the phone without fear of it turning off at any moment.

Samuelasked

Can u text on Wi-Fi with sgj2pro

AdaSamsung

Hi Samuel, although you are unable to send text messages with Wi-Fi only in the Messages app, you can do so via third-party applications on your J2 Pro. What we recommend is for you to browse through the selection of messaging apps available on our Google Play Store to see which one sparks your interest.

Ok thank you

KrossOva
KrossOva

I use Whatsapp which not only allows you to text using your device, it also allows you to sync with your pc so that you can text via pc, + you can cut/paste/store. and you can send pix that are already stored in you pc files.

Danielleasked

Can I record a conversation thats going on in the room on a SGJ2Pro?

AdaSamsung

Hi Danielle, If the app is not already on your device, you can download Samsung Voice Recorder through the Google Play Store to make voice recordings.

For more info > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.app.voicenote&hl=en_AU

Many thanks, Jo.

Barbara A.

Barbara A.asked

Can I send & receive photos on a Samsung J2 Pro mobile phone

Samsung AUSamsung

Hey Barbara, this is dependent on your phone plan. We recommend for you to contact your network provider to see if your plan includes the ability to send and receive an MMS.

dusty

dustyasked

how do I answer a call

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Dusty, to answer a phone call on a Samsung phone, you'll need to touch the Green Call Icon and drag your finger outside of the circle.

Matty H.

Matty H.asked

I can't work out how to bring up my 'All Apps' screen from my home screen. I can't find a widgit for All Apps either on my Samsung J2 Pro. Will someone please give me some guidance on how to go about putting an All Apps widgit on my home screen, so I am able to see all my apps with "One Touch".

Samsung AUSamsung

Hey Matty, if you swipe upwards or downwards on the Home Screen, you will be able to view all your apps.

For more info > http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201804/20180420141014914/SM-J250_UM_MEA_Nougat_Eng_Rev.1.3_180419.pdf

karenfff

I suggest searching on YouTube.. I found that whenever Samsung change their OS some nice person has uploaded a video on YouTube with instructions. I just thought I'll mention it.

Matty H.

Matty H.asked

I can't work out how to bring up my 'All Apps' screen or find a widgit for All Apps on my Samsung J2 Pro. Can someone please give me some guidance?

Presto
Presto

Sorry can’t help you.

Samsung AUSamsung

HI Matty, can we ask whether you are referring to your Home Screen? If so, we recommend for you to swipe up/down on your Home Screen in order to view all your apps.

karenfff

Google the question. and see if there is a YouTube video with instructions. much easier to follow. I thought I'll mention it.

Farmers wife

Farmers wifeasked

Hi, I am looking at purchasing the Samsung J2 Pro, was in the Telstra shop yesterday, I live in the country no mobile service, we have satellite internet ,our phone is radio linked, and often out of service due to lightning strikes at the tower, so need to have a phone to be diverted to my internet to save a lot of driving to get service, plus I need a great recording on it at my meetings as I am quiet deaf which is not good for a secretary, oh..and need Bluetooth for my hearing aids plus emails as well, What is the difference between the two J2 Pro, Telstra only had the one

Hi, the J2 Pro includes features such as:

- 5.0” qHD Super AMOLED Display
- 5MP front camera with LED flash
- Expandable memory
- Apaptive Wi-Fi

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask us.

For more info > https://www.samsung.com/au/smartphones/galaxy-j2-sm-j250/

Rod  y

Rod yasked

Text to speech facility for J2 Pro

AdaSamsung

The Samsung Voice Recorder app not only makes voice recordings but can convert speech to text, Rod. If the app is not already on your device, you can download it through the Google Play Store.

Jon M.asked

How do you disable the Internet function?

BrettO
BrettO

Settings -> Data Usage -> Disable "Mobile Data"

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Jon, I have provided steps below that will help you turn off your mobile data :)

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to bring down the Notification panel.
2. Toggle Mobile Data off by tapping on the icon (it will turn grey).

For more info > https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/how-to-enable-mobile-data/

Thanks Heaps Jo

Eve

Eveasked

Does J2 have lagging problems?

Samsung AUSamsung

No it doesn't, Eve. Although if you do face troubles with your Samsung phone you can always head in to a service centre to get it assessed by a technician.

Sara
Samsung Australia

karenfff

Depends on what you're using the phone for. Great phone for youtubing, browsing. but I wouldn't expect too much of it. at the end of the day Samsung is offering it at a great price so it wouldn't have the power of the A series. or even the S series.

Eve

Eveasked

Does this phone have lagging problems

Sara
Samsung Australia

Phil Meloy

Phil Meloyasked

Does the Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro use the same size SIM card as the Samsung Galaxy S3?

Thanks,

Phil

Samsung AUSamsung

Yes, they do, Phil :) Both the J2 Pro and S3 use micro SIMs.

Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives