Samsung Galaxy J8

Samsung Galaxy J8 Questions & Answers

SM-J810YZKDXSA (Black), SM-J810YZDDXSA (Gold)

8 questions from our users

Krissy V.

Krissy V.asked

Galaxy J8

My phone updated and my touch screen is not working. Any help?

AdaSamsung

Hi Krissy, we recommend for you to head to your nearest authorised service centre so this can be looked into.

You can make a booking via the link below:

Ada

Nessasked

Galaxy J8

I am thinking of purchasing a Samsung Galaxy J8. I've been meaning to update for years now and want to make sure i choose the right phone. Can this system handle multiple apps running & installed on the phone ? also any storage issues you have found with this model? updates reducing the overall camera quality? and does not overheat/shutdown for no reason? also how does the charging time fair? :) will be grateful & appreciate your comments.

Benny
Benny

Don't waste your time buying this

DMcD
DMcD

There will, probably, be better options as the J8 is now just over 12 months old. It's a low priced smartphone (when released) so by comparison to newer model phones it will have lost its value a fair bit. It has handled the (many) apps I use, that said you will need to reboot the phone at least once per week and manually manage the memory usage.

The camera is quite poor, as I mentioned in my review. I added a 64gb memory card and saved all the data from apps that support the SD card storage, so no problems with storage. I have not experienced heating or random shutdowns. I have found the charge life quite good and have no trouble getting a full day from a single charge.

I hope this helps, but I wouldn't buy one today unless it is very cheap, $100 or less.

Ness

@DMcD Thank you for your response & answering my questions. It was quiet helpful :) I will take into account your suggestions and personal experience with the J8. The camera quality is a major factor in my decision but honestly, any updated phone should have better camera quality than the S4. Good to hear the battery life will last, no over heating which I've had to deal with a few times with my current phone and will definitely keep on eye on the price.

Joanneasked

Galaxy J8

Ive noticed since the last update i know longer have my own personal txt notification message recording that i installed.
how do i get it back? pls

Greg L

Sorry I can't help you. I am just an owner of a J8 - not a technical expert.

Joanne

sorry it was meant to go to a tech expert

Samsung AUSamsung

Hey Joanne, we would love to look into this for you. Can you please clarify whether you are referring to being able to set custom individual sound notifications for your text messages? Any further information would help :)

Hien T.

Hien T.asked

Galaxy J8

the phone does not respond properly after turning on voice assistant. How to fix it

Sorry ,not a technical specialist

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Hien, we recommend for you to contact us on 1300 425 299 or visit your nearest Samsung Studio so we can help you out with this :)

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

Tim Lasked

hi
can the galaxy J8 be used in australia. what band do each sim slot support?
thanks
tim

Karl
Karl

I am currently using Kogan 4g and occasionally 3g it works well for me around east coast of Australia

Tim L

thanks Karl. was wondering what band the second slot/sim worked on. I have heard it is 2G from some and 3G from others. if 2G it is now closed in Aus if in the country.
thanks Tim

AdaSamsung

Hi Tim, if your J8 is an international variant, it may be region locked. If this is the case, we recommend for you to contact the Samsung subsidiary of that country. Just to also let you know, the J8 is 4G compatible.

Mark Jones

Mark Jonesasked

Galaxy J8

Is Wi Fi Calling possible on the J8?

AdaSamsung

Hi Mark, we recommend for you to contact your telco provider for further information in regard to this. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Philippa O.

Philippa O.asked

Galaxy J8 SM-J810YZDDXSA (Gold)

I had a Samsung Galaxy 8 and found it fiddly to set up (I have ADHD plus I'm 50+) its been stolen. Samsungs are the best budget wise but taking pics and sending - I couldn't reduce them from 6mg so I installed an app to shrink pics for sending. I never sent any pics without editing the size first. If this J8 solves that problem I'll get it asap. Pls advise thanks!

Lindsay

Lindsayasked

What is the difference with features between J8 and J5

PhilSamsung

Hi Lindsay, to sum it up I have put bullet points for differences.

J5

J8
- 6" screen
- Proximity sensor
- Main camera: Dual camera, 16 megapixels / Front camera: 5 megapixels
- Facial recognition, Fingerprint (touch)
- 64 GB - Up to maximum 256 GB external memory
- 3500 mAh battery

Philip
Samsung Australia

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives