Snuza Hero

Snuza Hero Questions & Answers

10 questions from our users

Ceej

Ceejasked

I’m having a bit of trouble getting my snuza to stay put! My 4 month old now sleeps through the night resulting in a full nappy by the early hours of the morning, this then causes the snuza to dislodge enough for the sensor to not touch enough and set the alarm off. I have found after using this i now have anxiety if he’s not wearing it but would like to continue to use. Is there a way to get it to sit better? Like Velcro or something?

Laura

Good question! I only used the Snuza hero when my daughter was a newborn and now we use breathing sensor pads under her mattress. Velcro may work but I haven't tried it! Sorry!

Ash
Ash

Hey i found the best way was wearing tights over a top that buttoned at the crotch then i would just clip it on his pants. Hope this helps!

Jaymee

Jaymeeasked

Hi, I’m wanting to buy a monitor that I can use while baby sleeps in his swing. Does this monitor detect bubs breathing if he is in the swing that moves constantly? Or will it pick up the movement of the swing? If your product doesn’t work while the baby is in something that moves, do you know of any other monitor that will? Thanks

Laura

Hi Jaymee, the Snuza detects the motion of the baby's tummy going up and down so I'm sure it would be fine in a swing. Basically you clip it onto the baby's nappy and each time the tip touches the stomach (as the stomach rises and falls) it senses movement. I hope that helps!

Louisa

Louisaasked

Does the Snuza work if attached to the back of baby's nappy if he sleeps on his tummy?

Billygoat37

Im actually not sure. Our boy is 9 months old now and only uses it at night. We still have it on the front of his nappy even though he sleeps on his tummy now.

Ben Casked

Just wondering if the people who've used this used it instead of a more standard monitor (sound, video, movement pads etc) or in addition to when the child was sleeping somewhere else like a pram, bassinet etc. thanks in advance.

Billygoat37

Hi. I used this as the only breathing monitor. I also use sound monitors for when I am not in the room.
We lost our 5 week old son to SIDS in 2015. We didn't have any monitor for him.
The Snuza has saved our sanity. Not accurate though while in a car seat or anything that has movement as the Snuza will detect movement and the alarm wont sound.

Like I said though, we have so much peace of mind with it.

I hope this helps.

Ben C

Thanks so much for your reply. You've confirmed what I was honking so the Snuza units and then a standalone Video & Audio unit to carry the sound of any potential alarm to a parental hand held unit. Great to hear another positive testimony about the Snuza also. Many thanks.

Kmp

Kmpasked

Is the snuza hero baby slobber proof? I know its only splash proof but mr 6 months pulled it off and put the rubber tip straight in his mouth for about 10 seconds before I noticed. Is it still safe to use it? The main body where the battery is didn't get wet at all and it is working fine without any visible signs of damage...

Hi.
I havent had that problem yet!
I would assume it would still be safe to use.
Sorry I couldnt help more.

Mikhaila Robertson

Mikhaila Robertsonasked

I'm wondering how these go with onesies? Do you just clip it to the nappy under their clothes or does that defeat the purpose? TIA :)

Lisa

My son wears it under his onesie and it's fine... Still works perfectly.. And yep just clips to the nappy.. In the middle of the nappy if they sleep on their back but if they are a roller I find to the side works well

Kate R
Kate R

Yep clip it on the nappy under the onesie - pretty sure it needs to make contact with skin. We can still see the lights flicker under his onesie and sleeping bag, plus there's no way you won't hear the alarm through the material.

Lisa

As the others have said, totally fine under a onesie. Can hear it through blankets or sleeping bag and clothing. When out Bub first started rolling it went off a few times so I know for sure you can still hear it :)

Enmylouasked

Can the Snuza be used with MCN's? I see a review says can't be used with cloth?

amishmami
amishmami

We used it with Bumgenius (elemental and flip) and Alva baby MCNs - no problems at all

Great! Thanks :)

JeanGasked

Hi, my baby just turned 5 months and we've been using the Snuza on him since the early days but it's just now that we are having trouble using it because as it turns out, bubs is a tummy sleeper. It keeps waking him when he's rolled onto it in the night due to discomfort (we tested it by leaving it off one night). We tried it on his side and it falls off easier which results in many false alarms. My question is if there's a way to keep using it with tummy sleepers? We love this product and can't imagine not using it. It gives us peace of mind hearing the little ticks as he breathes. There've been a couple of instances where we werent sure if they were false alarms as it was still snuggly tucked in and in our panic we didn't really check if maybe the tip had lost touch of his body. So we plan on using this for as long as possible. On that note, is there an age limit for this? At what age is it 'safe' to stop using it? Thank you in advance!

finchies

Hi , we still use it at 10 months and our bub is a tummy sleeper too. It doesn't seem to bother him but some nights if he is wriggly the alarm will go off. I think when they are on their tummies the probe can lose contact easier. At about your bub's age we had issues with the probe constantly falling off. We changed nappy brands from Aldi to comfy bots and it's helped. I think because Aldi are thinner the grip wasn't very good. I think the manufacturer recommends use up to 12 months, but I am sure it is up to you and what you are comfortable with! Despite some false alarms I have found the monitor reassuring, particularly when bub has a cold or is unwell. Hope this helps.

JeanG

Thanks so much for your response. That's reassuring that you're still using it at 10 months. And funnily enough, we use Aldi nappies at the moment so maybe we'll try another brand so we can place the Snuza on the side. Hopefully that will fix the problem of it always falling off cause our little guy is a wriggler! Unfortunately hes just not comfortable with it placed on his tummy nowadays. Appreciate the help.

W Walsh

W Walshasked

Hi, how does this work once the baby can move around? Wouldn't it be uncomfortable if it rolled over and was lying on it while attached to its nappy and disturb the child? Thinking of getting one for a newborn but wonder how many months you can really use it for.

ros80
ros80

Ok with my baby what happened is firstly it took him ages before he realised he could roll in his sleeping bag (he was nearly 6 months). Then yes, it did get trickier. We moved the Snuza over to the side, and he never seemed bothered by it being uncomfortable, but he's such a wriggler it started to come lose so we got more false alarms. If it fell off it would usually keep working as his clothes kept it next to his body... but then I'd pick him up to feed him and it would drop down his trouser leg or something and then the alarm would go off! Still, that didn't bother me too much and I kept using it, but then it stopped working when he was about 8/9 mths, I sent it back for a replacement (it's got a years guarantee) and when I got it back I'd got used to not using it.

finchies

My baby is now 5 months and very wriggly, sometimes rolling over in his sleeping bag. It doesn't seem to cause any discomfort but like ros if he thrashes around a lot it will sometimes come loose. I have the odd false alarm now- none at all when he was younger. I contacted customer service and they suggested I make a little waist band for him to put it on as that can help when they bigger and move more. I have yet to try this. From what I gather even with the big under mattress sensors babies can roll off the pads once they are moving more ane set false alarms.

NeoMumof2
NeoMumof2

Hi. I haven't used it for a little while now, as we have an Angelcare monitor in the cot. I'm keeping the Hero though as we plan on going on holiday soon, so it will be interesting now that bub is moving around.

Gayle Cooper

Gayle Cooperasked

Hi I was looking at your product reviews for your Snuza Hero. One of the reviews said it was a little hard to set up... can you tell me whats involved in the setup and is it hard to do?

Mrs Consumer
Mrs Consumer

Not sure what they meant and been using for a few weeks. There are different coloured lights if the unit has had to rouse baby or a low battery but other than that it's put the battery in and switch it on. Check out the Snuza website for FAQ's.